3.9 magnitude earthquake hits in Okla...

3.9 magnitude earthquake hits in Oklahoma County near Luther, Jones; no damage reported

There are 32 comments on the KFOR story from Sep 20, 2010, titled 3.9 magnitude earthquake hits in Oklahoma County near Luther, Jones; no damage reported. In it, KFOR reports that:

The latest in a series of small earthquakes in eastern Oklahoma County has not caused any damage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Debbi M

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Oct 13, 2010
Felt a general "jolt", then the dining-room windows rattled for about 20+ seconds.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 13, 2010
All reports say it was 4.5 mag. It was definitely felt in Garvin Co. I have friend all over the State saying they felt it.
Brandi King

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Oct 13, 2010
OU Physicians Internal Medicine Clinic in Edmond felt the event pretty heavily!
Earthquake

Elmore City, OK

#4 Oct 13, 2010
Felt it south of Lindsay, OK.
Ethan

Newalla, OK

#5 Oct 13, 2010
Same here. Heard a deep rumbling that sounded like a train was going through my front yard. This one was way worse than the one we felt from the Jones quake last year.
Kelly Foster

Okeene, OK

#6 Oct 13, 2010
I live Up in Northwest Oklahoma, approximate 125 miles from OKC. At about 9:05 or so We fealt something shake our home and couch. Do they think there will be many after shocks.
Little Axe School Student

Norman, OK

#7 Oct 13, 2010
I was in 2nd period when the earthquake hit. I felt it about 9:15 A.M., at first, I thought it was a bomb or the air conditioning unit kicking on, but after the walls started to rattle and chairs were moving, I accpted the fact of an earthquake in central Oklahoma.

Little Axe is located about 8-10 miles east of Norman, Oklahoma
Janie Braden

United States

#8 Oct 13, 2010
I live at 120th and Slaughterville Road in Lexington. At 9:06 my west wall seem to move from a blast within 1 minute a second blast was felt. We were tryng to get out of the house because we felt it was some sort of explosion. My husband said the explosion felt like it was a good distance away from us if it was an explosion. It did not feel like an earthquake.
Marguerite Ford

Blanchard, OK

#9 Oct 13, 2010
I was sitting reading the paper when my house in Tuttle, OK shook and I hear a loud boom and thinds rattle in the kitchen. Nothing broken. I called my neighbor and he said he also heard and felt this. I went outside to check if their was an accident then called my local police department. It took a few minutes to reach them as they were flooded with calls from other residents.
Marguerite Ford

Blanchard, OK

#10 Oct 13, 2010
Yes, thank you.
Maryann

Burkburnett, TX

#11 Oct 13, 2010
Felt it in Wichita falls tx, thought I was going crazy for a second until I saw the news!
tim collins

United States

#12 Oct 13, 2010
we felt it stong in davis
Janice

United States

#13 Oct 13, 2010
I was at my computer doing some email when the house started to shake. It only lasted a brief time, but was very loud. I first thought maybe a plane had flown too low or something had exploded, but later learned it was an earthquake. We live on the west side of Norman.
Lisa Lewis

Purcell, OK

#14 Oct 13, 2010
I live and work in Purcell, OK the earthquake shook our whole building and moved everything.
Virginia

Stillwater, OK

#15 Oct 13, 2010
We felt the earthquake in Perkins. A previous 4.0 earthquake centered at Jones caused glassware at my antiques store to chatter, but this one caused the whole building to shake.
Janie Deen

United States

#16 Oct 13, 2010
I live one mile from Arbuckle Lake on Cooper Memorial Dr, in Sulphur, OK. I felt the earthquake at 9:10 this morning. My house shook & numerous things rattled. No damage, but definitly new what was happening!! My first experience with an earthquake!!!
Shutterbug

Ada, OK

#17 Oct 13, 2010
Definately felt it in Ada.
Thomas

Stillwater, OK

#18 Oct 13, 2010
We felt it in Durant, OK.
JoyDawn

Ada, OK

#19 Oct 13, 2010
We felt it at the Ada Jr High
Annie

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Oct 13, 2010
It scared me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for District Judge in Oklaho... (Oct '10) 10 hr WarForOil 4
The Un Honorable Judge Donald L. Easter And Bar... (Jul '11) 10 hr WarForOil 17
Do men wear women's panties (Jan '12) Thu WarForOil 141
Looks like Hollywood is filled with a bunch of ... Thu They cannot kill ... 15
Kristi Leah Cleveland (Aug '16) Nov 15 Dylan 21
News ACLU Responds To Panhandling Ordinance Change Nov 13 They cannot kill ... 8
News As deployment draws to a close, Oklahoma Nation... Nov 13 They cannot kill ... 2

Jones Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jones Mortgages