Seismologist: Can't Link Drilling To ...

Seismologist: Can't Link Drilling To Oklahoma Earthquakes

There are 85 comments on the Oklahoma Impact Team story from May 26, 2010, titled Seismologist: Can't Link Drilling To Oklahoma Earthquakes. In it, Oklahoma Impact Team reports that:

Between 1977 and 2008, there were a total of 28 earthquakes recorded in Oklahoma and Lincoln Counties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oklahoma Impact Team.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Tman

Tulsa, OK

#1 May 27, 2010
I believe, it would be time to move, no matter what the causes, this is getting worse
and I fear, all these small ones are leading up to a much bigger earthquake
Concerned in Oologah

Collinsville, OK

#2 May 27, 2010
Look at all the construction in the world today. We have put alot of buildings weighing tons on the land. Could this have a contributing factor, along with all the vehicles on the roads today? There is many things we, in the world today, have done that could contribute to this besides just drilling for oil.
Rightwinger

Montgomery, AL

#3 May 27, 2010
It is Bush's fault.
Obama

Cameron, MO

#4 May 28, 2010
Rightwinger wrote:
It is Bush's fault.
You are right don't blame me I am not in charge, wait I am the President, scratch that last statement from my teleprompter. I am not in charge, wait no I am in charge somebody please turn the spot light off me it is putting a glare on my teleprompter.

Hey look at Sustek look at what he is doing. Wait no don't I was involved in that, look somewhere else.

Where is Bush you need a scapegoat.
SoylentGreenPG13

United States

#5 May 28, 2010
I'm glad KOTV followed up on this story. The whole idea of earthquakes increasing suddenly in Oklahoma has really been interesting and I'm glad to see the subject has been followed up on.
Meg

United States

#6 May 29, 2010
I didnt see the word "Hydraulic Fracturing" or "fracking" once in this story, and that's what's suspected as the culprit.
How odd a researched news report would fail to mention that.
Dude in Bixby

Jenks, OK

#8 Jun 2, 2010
I agree with all of u, but I realy agree with Tman.
Prophet

Montgomery, AL

#9 Jun 3, 2010
"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows."
(Mark 13:8 KJV)
Tjuan Taylor

Tulsa, OK

#10 Jun 6, 2010
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right don't blame me I am not in charge, wait I am the President, scratch that last statement from my teleprompter. I am not in charge, wait no I am in charge somebody please turn the spot light off me it is putting a glare on my teleprompter.
Hey look at Sustek look at what he is doing. Wait no don't I was involved in that, look somewhere else.
Where is Bush you need a scapegoat.
God, are you an ignoranus! Your hero, the "great communicator" Reagan made teleprompters what theey are today. So, shut the ***** up!
Anonymous

United States

#11 Jun 6, 2010
Just when will the big one come? If there will be a big one.
Obama

Montgomery, AL

#12 Jun 7, 2010
Tjuan Taylor wrote:
<quoted text>
God, are you an ignoranus! Your hero, the "great communicator" Reagan made teleprompters what theey are today. So, shut the ***** up!
My hero was not Reagan it is Mao I even made a Christmas ornament in his honor.
Tjuan Taylor

Tulsa, OK

#13 Jun 8, 2010
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
My hero was not Reagan it is Mao I even made a Christmas ornament in his honor.
Hopefully, you stuffed it up your **********

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#14 Jun 8, 2010
Such a stupid thread. Everybody knows that earhtquakes are caused by sinners. Just ask Pat Robertson. Sheesh!
Obama

Montgomery, AL

#15 Jun 9, 2010
Tjuan Taylor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, you stuffed it up your **********
If you are good at stuffing it up peoples *** then I have a cabinet position for you. I need some more people with strong arm tactics to push my agenda through.
Tjuan Taylor

Tulsa, OK

#16 Jun 12, 2010
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are good at stuffing it up peoples *** then I have a cabinet position for you. I need some more people with strong arm tactics to push my agenda through.
What is a cabinet position? Sitting on a piece of furniture? In your case, the position would be in the tail up bhole pose....
Obama

Montgomery, AL

#17 Jun 14, 2010
Tjuan Taylor wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a cabinet position? Sitting on a piece of furniture? In your case, the position would be in the tail up bhole pose....
What is a cabinet position?

You are totally clueless, you are hired.
Tjuan Taylor

Tulsa, OK

#18 Jun 14, 2010
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a cabinet position?
You are totally clueless, you are hired.
And you, because of your negative IQ, are sentenced to work for Haliburton.

May Cheney be with you always <sigh>
Obama

Montgomery, AL

#19 Jun 14, 2010
Tjuan Taylor wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, because of your negative IQ, are sentenced to work for Haliburton.
May Cheney be with you always <sigh>
But I am the President of the 57 United States. Maybe in 2012 when I am looking for another job I will apply at Haliburton.

I know how to drill for oil. I can use the fine job I have done in the gulf on my resume.
Tjuan Taylor

Tulsa, OK

#20 Jun 14, 2010
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
But I am the President of the 57 United States. Maybe in 2012 when I am looking for another job I will apply at Haliburton.
I know how to drill for oil. I can use the fine job I have done in the gulf on my resume.
"I know how to drill for oil.".

That is not your wife said. Or your sister....
Obama

Montgomery, AL

#21 Jun 15, 2010
Tjuan Taylor wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know how to drill for oil.".
That is not your wife said. Or your sister....
I have two t a r babies I guess I hit black gold, oil that is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some GOP candidates for governor oppose raising... 12 min The Green Watch Dog 4
News Susan Agel: OKC's homeless kids need our help Sat hepemout 1
News OKC Teacher Arrested At School Fri buba gump 4
News Your Views Friday, Feb. 23 Fri blindasabat 1
News BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Convention returning to ... Feb 22 hvac 1
News Oklahoma elections have 'Groundhog Day' feel Feb 22 butterbombsforall 1
News Morning Bell: Lawmakers stand behind race riot ... Feb 22 rearview 1

Jones Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jones Mortgages