A_BC_Texas

Angleton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

I'm bothered by the excessive noise in Angleton. I'd like to hear from anyone who has dealt or is presently dealing with loud music from bars or high volume,low frequency speakers in cars.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Here is what I've found concerning loud music in the Municipal codes of Angleton. It is clear cut but conflicts with the 85 decibel standard. I agree with the statement I recently heard Mayor Rhyne make. "Your right to loud music stops at my ear."

Sec. 13-9.- Use of amplifying devices.

(a)

It shall be unlawful for any person to use or operate, or cause to be used or operated, any mechanical or electrical device, machine, apparatus or instrument to intensify or to amplify or to reproduce the human voice, or any other sound, on any public street within the corporate limits of the city.

(b)

It shall be unlawful for any person to use or operate, or cause to be used or operated, any mechanical or electrical device, machine, apparatus or instrument to intensify or to amplify or to reproduce the human voice, or to produce, reproduce, intensify or amplify any other sound, in any building or on any premises in the city, whereby the sound therefrom is cast directly upon the public streets or places or where such device is maintained and operated for advertising purposes or for the purpose of attracting the attention of the passing public, or which is so placed or operated that the sounds coming therefrom can be heard to the annoyance or inconvenience of travelers upon any street or public place, or of persons on neighboring premises.

(c)

The purpose of any section is to prevent any noise in, near or on any public street which is reasonably calculated to disturb the peace and good order of the neighborhood or of persons owning, using or occupying property adjacent to such public streets.

(d)

The city and/or an agent, agency or representative of the city shall be exempt from subsections (a) and (b) above when pursuing and/or sponsoring city and community wide functions and activities, including but not limited to, festivals, carnivals, pep rallies and whistle stops.
hello

Angleton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

I'm glad I'm not the only one this is bugging. I moved here about 5 years ago and it wasn't that bad. It's not only just loud music either. There are children in their almost teen ages living on the street behind mine, and I'm all about kids playing, and at least they're playing and not getting into trouble, but they run up and down the street screaming so loud, and we're talking for hours and hours, and hours. I keep wondering if they are right in the head. Also the emergency vehicles constantly, all day long, sirens can be heard. It sounds as though I am living in the middle of Houston, not Angleton. There is a man that drives around my block on a regular basis. His stereo bass is so loud it actually rattles my windows. I don't expect anything to happen with the kids, I mean, kids are kids, but when I was a kid if I even yelled a little my parents would tell me to stop. I don't really know how their parents can stand listening to it and it's closer to their ears than mine because they live on that street. The sirens are of course necessary but maybe if the speed limit were lowered on a certain main road in Angleton, as it should be or at least the current speed limit enforced, maybe there would be less accidents. Maybe if people were given tickets for using the middle turn lane as a driving lane. I never see anyone pulled over on that road, but yet I see people pulled over everywhere who have broken the speed limit on the 30 m.p.h. side streets. People drive 15-20 miles an hour over the already too high speed limits on the main highways and roads. If there are any noise ordinances they are not being enforced.
MyDogWillBiteYou

Angleton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Mayor Rhyne is exactly correct, I wish it was him doing the enforcing the codes. Angleton should be like Clute,(1) they enforce it and (2) they have decibel measuring devices, they will file on you.It is all bad, the one that makes me want to hit people with bats is at the gas pumps and some.....comes up and music , not of my liking, is shaking windows and booming, doors are left open by the fools so all that can be bothered are bothered. Most times when asked, if they can hear, there is at least a verbal confrontation, that is actually what they want , validation of their attempts to bother people. Most attempts by those offended are not even tried as it is know that asking is not asking, it is confrontation. I wish Mayor Rhyne had more direct ability to make Angleton Officers seek out these troublemakers and cite them. It would be a boon to the city coffers for sure. But is is like loop 274, dangerous to navigate and rarely are officers seen working traffic on that which is the worst and most dangerous roadway in this city and county. Bats taken to the offending "stereo's" at each occurence would be the best measure to take, then to the noisemakers head when they react to the confrontation they are looking for.
MyDogWillBiteYou

Angleton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

I would like to see someone cause the police department to make a public statement about the noise pollution. Some of the noise is government generated, the sirens in this town is almost if not unacceptable. I know the purpose but sure is annoying.

Nothing trumps shaking residential window glass or the gas pump crap.
Txnkel

Angleton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Loud music from other vehicles is one of my biggest pet peeves. If I wanted to listen to your music, I would be in your vehicle! I abhore sitting at an intersection (or even just driving along someone) and my car is shaking/vibrating because of somebody else's music being loud. I wish the noise ordinances would be enforced.

I was in a business a few days ago when someone must have parked near the store and the music was so incredibly loud that it was shaking the windows of the building and giving me a headache. No misunderstandings, I love to play my music loud at times also, however, when I come to an intersection with other drivers present, a side street, restaurant drive thru's, a business of any kind, or a parking lot, I turn my music down as to not annoy others - either in other vehicles or homes. It's just consideration of others, of which, many people do not possess these days. I'm 42 and don't consider that to be "old and fuddy-duddy, however, most "offenders" I find are within the younger generation (16 - 25) of males.
amy

Angleton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

I'm in my mid 30's and although I live in an area of angleton where there aren't any bars or trouble makers, I once too did my fare share of having fun not considering others. Whether it was at my apartment or a bar. But here's the positives: this is what the next generation loves and if they don't have to drive to Houston just to get that same environment I think its a safe bet. We as a community should want our younger and more impressionable Kids/teens/ young adults to have an outlet very close to family. And friends ill be loud and obnoxious no matter where they are. Give the kids a break, they only want to have a good time while they can....we were young once. I say get some ear plugs...I meant that in a loving way :)
hello

Angleton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

I was never inconsiderate to others when I was young. My parents taught me not to be.
Germania

Angleton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

amy wrote:
I'm in my mid 30's and although I live in an area of angleton where there aren't any bars or trouble makers, I once too did my fare share of having fun not considering others. Whether it was at my apartment or a bar. But here's the positives: this is what the next generation loves and if they don't have to drive to Houston just to get that same environment I think its a safe bet. We as a community should want our younger and more impressionable Kids/teens/ young adults to have an outlet very close to family. And friends ill be loud and obnoxious no matter where they are. Give the kids a break, they only want to have a good time while they can....we were young once. I say get some ear plugs...I meant that in a loving way :)
This is as stupid a post as I have ever seen. You need to go back to houston or San francisco or somewhere

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jones Creek Discussions

Search the Jones Creek Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 13 min Batch 37 Pain Is Good 21,567
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 27 min Defiant1 17,141
WVU Fans Mon baby blues 4
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Jul 24 Gasman 499
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Jul 18 SomebodyKnows 650
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jones Creek Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jones Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••