New Cadillac Commercial

New Cadillac Commercial

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#2 Mar 6, 2014
Professor wrote:
Liberals hate the new Cadillac commercial. It is based on the American philosophy of hard work pays off! Work hard....play hard! They hate America as you can see! The writer of this article states this ideology is unfair to more laid back countries? If you don't work hard how can that be unfair? Then states many work hard and never achieve what this man portrayed in the commercial have. Every middle class family I know achieved this lifestyle. That's the majority of America! Maybe he is talking about the many who work hard at getting out of work?.......or maybe the ones who work hard at doing absolutely nothing? LOL! Hahaha!
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/18/1278... #
I personally don't care for Cadillac myself but for a different reason, they are made by GM Goverment Motors.
Really

Park Forest, IL

#3 Mar 6, 2014
I love this commercial! Liberals hate it because the white guy is unapologetic and walks with strength! He has a nice family and beautiful home.How could any working American not like the "attitude" of this add? It probably bothers them the most because he gets dressed to go to work after he shows what he works for! He wears a suit, so you know he ain't part of some union! Yeah, and I doubt he works for minimum wage!
Larry

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Mar 7, 2014
Great post. Only an idiot would upset by a success story. It was an electric car. That didn't even make then happy.
You Do Know

Lemont, IL

#6 Mar 7, 2014
Professor wrote:
Liberals hate the new Cadillac commercial. It is based on the American philosophy of hard work pays off! Work hard....play hard! They hate America as you can see! The writer of this article states this ideology is unfair to more laid back countries? If you don't work hard how can that be unfair? Then states many work hard and never achieve what this man portrayed in the commercial have. Every middle class family I know achieved this lifestyle. That's the majority of America! Maybe he is talking about the many who work hard at getting out of work?.......or maybe the ones who work hard at doing absolutely nothing? LOL! Hahaha!
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/18/1278... #
You do know that only really OLD white and people of color buy Cadillacs. Next time you see one on the street peek inside.
can we just knock it off

Fort Lee, NJ

#7 Mar 7, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Scott. My point was the ideology of the commercial is pro American values and morals that the libs hate so much......not the car.
My fellow Americans, can we all just pull our heads out of the sand? Why are we being such suck-ups to capitalism? Pro-American attitudes value freedom and fairness, not becoming a slave to money and material possessions like the conceited blowhard in this TV ad! Hard work is fine -- workaholism is not. I would appreciate more time off from work in order to enjoy life. I would love to take a month off from work. I could use the time to travel and read. Some Americans have an inner life, unlike Mr. Cadillac, who probably doesn't read all that much and doesn't like to interact with all those foreigners and their kooky ideas. What a provincial. He can spend most of his life at the office, but it's not for me. Keep your workaholic philosophy for yourself. I want nothing to do with it.

"You create your own luck." -- How perfectly smug.
WTF

New Lenox, IL

#8 Mar 7, 2014
can we just knock it off wrote:
<quoted text>
My fellow Americans, can we all just pull our heads out of the sand? Why are we being such suck-ups to capitalism? Pro-American attitudes value freedom and fairness, not becoming a slave to money and material possessions like the conceited blowhard in this TV ad! Hard work is fine -- workaholism is not. I would appreciate more time off from work in order to enjoy life. I would love to take a month off from work. I could use the time to travel and read. Some Americans have an inner life, unlike Mr. Cadillac, who probably doesn't read all that much and doesn't like to interact with all those foreigners and their kooky ideas. What a provincial. He can spend most of his life at the office, but it's not for me. Keep your workaholic philosophy for yourself. I want nothing to do with it.
"You create your own luck." -- How perfectly smug.
You sound like a real loser! I would rather have "Mr. Cadillac's " life! I find it hilarious when some self righteous liberal like you takes a jab at other people and say's they don't read! Well, what would you do if you had to actually had to pay for all those books that you read for free from the library? You are stealing from the living author or his estate if he is dead! In fact, you are stealing from us all because the book generates a sales tax! Don't go saying that you pay property taxes that buy the book, either! The way I see it, the book was bought once. Like at any college! Every time you check out a book, you are ripping that author off! The world isn't free and I believe we should tax you for every cent that you stole from the author! Either that, or go write your own books! Oh, you also sound like a boring individual so don't bother! If I wanted to see those from other countries, I would go abroad! I have been over seas. There is no place like the United States! Everybody hates a tourist.
My taxes bought the book

Mokena, IL

#10 Mar 7, 2014
WTF wrote:
<quoted text> You sound like a real loser! I would rather have "Mr. Cadillac's " life! I find it hilarious when some self righteous liberal like you takes a jab at other people and say's they don't read! Well, what would you do if you had to actually had to pay for all those books that you read for free from the library? You are stealing from the living author or his estate if he is dead! In fact, you are stealing from us all because the book generates a sales tax! Don't go saying that you pay property taxes that buy the book, either! The way I see it, the book was bought once. Like at any college! Every time you check out a book, you are ripping that author off! The world isn't free and I believe we should tax you for every cent that you stole from the author! Either that, or go write your own books! Oh, you also sound like a boring individual so don't bother! If I wanted to see those from other countries, I would go abroad! I have been over seas. There is no place like the United States! Everybody hates a tourist.
Knock it off dopey. You're so far off the rails you make the Professor sound smart. If you want to be like the dude in the commercial you're going to have to do a little reading; or in your case, a lot of reading. First, get a job.
WTF

New Lenox, IL

#11 Mar 7, 2014
My taxes bought the book wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock it off dopey. You're so far off the rails you make the Professor sound smart. If you want to be like the dude in the commercial you're going to have to do a little reading; or in your case, a lot of reading. First, get a job.
Listen here, the very, very, very small amount that you contributed to the library did not buy any books! No, your very, very, very small amount that you contributed May have helped pay for one of the staplers or a low paid clerk who shelved the books that someone else wrote so someone else could buy that in turn, went to the library. Why don't you quit your failing pool of socialism and go to Kindle and purchase the book for yourself , at a reasonable price. This way, the Author gets his dibs, the publisher gets their dibs, the fine folks at Kindle get their dibs, and of course , everyone gets taxed by their state and of course , your ever loving Federal government! Why should you get over? The system is more important than a greedy individual like your self! Pay for that Utopia you seek! Let the really, really, really, unfortunate read the books for free! Come on, Frenchie! Do your part, you can surely afford it! Your insensitive insults hurt me and help no one!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#12 Mar 7, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Scott. My point was the ideology of the commercial is pro American values and morals that the libs hate so much......not the car.
That was my point that libs will support GM and I refuse.
My taxes bought the book

Mokena, IL

#14 Mar 8, 2014
WTF wrote:
<quoted text> Listen here, the very, very, very small amount that you contributed to the library did not buy any books! No, your very, very, very small amount that you contributed May have helped pay for one of the staplers or a low paid clerk who shelved the books that someone else wrote so someone else could buy that in turn, went to the library. Why don't you quit your failing pool of socialism and go to Kindle and purchase the book for yourself , at a reasonable price. This way, the Author gets his dibs, the publisher gets their dibs, the fine folks at Kindle get their dibs, and of course , everyone gets taxed by their state and of course , your ever loving Federal government! Why should you get over? The system is more important than a greedy individual like your self! Pay for that Utopia you seek! Let the really, really, really, unfortunate read the books for free! Come on, Frenchie! Do your part, you can surely afford it! Your insensitive insults hurt me and help no one!
You couldn't figure out the amount of tax your mom paid for the bag a cheetos you're munching on now. So don't bother telling anybody else you know what their taxes are paying for. I'm sure a portion of the $11,316.00 I paid in property taxes for 2013 bought a book or two. It's money well spent because it goes for the common good. Public education, police and fire protection, roads, infrastructure, a regulated market place for commerce, etc. are all funded through what you label "socialism." You deserve to be insulted because you don't know anything. Now go to the library and get a book or two that show you how to prepare a resume. Take that knowledge and use it to get a job. Work hard, work smart, make enough money to move from your parents basement to an apartment above the garage. I would say buy a home; but that just isn't going to happen. Baby steps...baby steps.
WTF

Orland Park, IL

#15 Mar 8, 2014
My taxes bought the book wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't figure out the amount of tax your mom paid for the bag a cheetos you're munching on now. So don't bother telling anybody else you know what their taxes are paying for. I'm sure a portion of the $11,316.00 I paid in property taxes for 2013 bought a book or two. It's money well spent because it goes for the common good. Public education, police and fire protection, roads, infrastructure, a regulated market place for commerce, etc. are all funded through what you label "socialism." You deserve to be insulted because you don't know anything. Now go to the library and get a book or two that show you how to prepare a resume. Take that knowledge and use it to get a job. Work hard, work smart, make enough money to move from your parents basement to an apartment above the garage. I would say buy a home; but that just isn't going to happen. Baby steps...baby steps.
Look here, Geezer! I don't care how much you pay in taxes. We all do. Why don't you buy the book? People like you offend me! Serves a common good? For Who? No wonder Borders went under. Cheap folks like you. You probably "sample" all the foods at the store while you shop! You have the money, support a business! Libraries are out dated and the tax payer shouldn't be taxed to fund then. You know I'm right! Go to the Library. Too many old folks and bums for me!
Clear Eyes

Mokena, IL

#16 Mar 8, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your prerogative to be more laid back! But, if someone works extremely hard to achieve his dreams and wealth......why is that demonized by the liberals? Why do they feel insulted by someone's success? If you want to work hard, never take a vacation, beat the pavement day and night to earn more and your successful, that's great! If you want to be laid back, work part time, take a lot of vacation time, that's great too! But the problem is when you choose that lifestyle, and then become jealous and envious of what the guy who works day and night has, and then you feel entitled to it......that's the problem the liberals have that you didn't address!
Great explanation of the liberal mind set.
My taxes bought the book

Mokena, IL

#17 Mar 8, 2014
WTF wrote:
<quoted text> Look here, Geezer! I don't care how much you pay in taxes. We all do. Why don't you buy the book? People like you offend me! Serves a common good? For Who? No wonder Borders went under. Cheap folks like you. You probably "sample" all the foods at the store while you shop! You have the money, support a business! Libraries are out dated and the tax payer shouldn't be taxed to fund then. You know I'm right! Go to the Library. Too many old folks and bums for me!
You have no intention of getting a job do you? I suppose in your world your parents are supposed to support you forever or until you make a fortune on the internet posting you tube videos and writing on blogs. Some of "we" pay quite a bit more taxes than others. You like the parts of socialism that benefits you despite your rants to contrary. When you start paying income and property taxes you can complain. Until you get a job and buy a home nobody is really interested. You've got a long way to go to be like the guy in the Cadillac commercial. A real long way.
WTF

New Lenox, IL

#18 Mar 8, 2014
My taxes bought the book wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no intention of getting a job do you? I suppose in your world your parents are supposed to support you forever or until you make a fortune on the internet posting you tube videos and writing on blogs. Some of "we" pay quite a bit more taxes than others. You like the parts of socialism that benefits you despite your rants to contrary. When you start paying income and property taxes you can complain. Until you get a job and buy a home nobody is really interested. You've got a long way to go to be like the guy in the Cadillac commercial. A real long way.
Once again, I can see that old age must be pretty boring for you! Face it, you're a dying breed! Most normal people don't go to the library. We read books on kindle and actually pay for what we enjoy doing. Now, why don't you go do something exciting, like writing your grandson a letter! Then you can get up really early and get your old face made up on Monday so that you can be at the post office first thing! God, I hope I die before I turn 100! Good day, geezer!
Reallys spankerchief

Mokena, IL

#19 Mar 9, 2014
WTF wrote:
<quoted text> Once again, I can see that old age must be pretty boring for you! Face it, you're a dying breed! Most normal people don't go to the library. We read books on kindle and actually pay for what we enjoy doing. Now, why don't you go do something exciting, like writing your grandson a letter! Then you can get up really early and get your old face made up on Monday so that you can be at the post office first thing! God, I hope I die before I turn 100! Good day, geezer!
Wow everyone is impressed that your mom bought you that kindle. Nobody else ever heard of a smart phone, tablet, or laptop. You are a tech genius. You buy porn with your mom's credit card. We won't talk about why your dad won't let you watch porn on the big screen in the family room anymore will we? The geezer is right. Get a job and give me a break. Put me in the laundry. I can't take any more.
WTF

New Lenox, IL

#20 Mar 10, 2014
Reallys spankerchief wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow everyone is impressed that your mom bought you that kindle. Nobody else ever heard of a smart phone, tablet, or laptop. You are a tech genius. You buy porn with your mom's credit card. We won't talk about why your dad won't let you watch porn on the big screen in the family room anymore will we? The geezer is right. Get a job and give me a break. Put me in the laundry. I can't take any more.
Who needs porn when fools like you have daughters that do everything! I mean everything....Go back to watching TV! It keeps your fat ass distracted as she climbs out the window to service all the guys in Frankfort!
stop being a cornball

Fort Lee, NJ

#21 Mar 12, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your prerogative to be more laid back! But, if someone works extremely hard to achieve his dreams and wealth......why is that demonized by the liberals? Why do they feel insulted by someone's success? If you want to work hard, never take a vacation, beat the pavement day and night to earn more and your successful, that's great! If you want to be laid back, work part time, take a lot of vacation time, that's great too! But the problem is when you choose that lifestyle, and then become jealous and envious of what the guy who works day and night has, and then you feel entitled to it......that's the problem the liberals have that you didn't address!
You must excuse me for taking so long to reply to your comment. I work a full-time job and didn't have much time to respond.

It's your prerogative to be a brown-nosing fool of big business and crapitalism. The Daily Kos article you objected to said "This [commercial] deeply offended me because many, many people work hard and never enjoy the toys that he was flaunting. And as we know most rich people owe their good fortune to luck and good connections." Yes, that writer is correct. That is accurate. Whatever else this person may be wrong about, he is right on the money about this. Most Americans work very hard already. Hard work doesn't guarantee wealth or any sort of reward at all. If you pulled your head out of your @$$ you might realize this. Also, stop dividing the world into liberals vs. conservatives. I had to deal with radical leftoid professors in college who always assumed I was a White Male Conservative Rightwinger because I didn't always agree with them. Assuming makes an @$$ out of you. Your brain is on automatic pilot.

If you want to live in a fantasy world where "hard work pays off" then you will have to address the fact that many people in executive positions come from upper-middle-class backgrounds and had their mom and dad pay for their expensive college educations. You would also have to face the fact that even though an individual may be intelligent and competent, unless you have a particular degree -- the fancier the university the better -- you won't be considered for many positions. That is an issue of social class advantage and class privilege. Your hard work will hit a hard wall of disadvantage. That's the problem the "hard work pays off" crowd have that you didn't address!
Professor

Chicago, IL

#22 Mar 13, 2014
stop being a cornball wrote:
<quoted text>
You must excuse me for taking so long to reply to your comment. I work a full-time job and didn't have much time to respond.
It's your prerogative to be a brown-nosing fool of big business and crapitalism. The Daily Kos article you objected to said "This [commercial] deeply offended me because many, many people work hard and never enjoy the toys that he was flaunting. And as we know most rich people owe their good fortune to luck and good connections." Yes, that writer is correct. That is accurate. Whatever else this person may be wrong about, he is right on the money about this. Most Americans work very hard already. Hard work doesn't guarantee wealth or any sort of reward at all. If you pulled your head out of your @$$ you might realize this. Also, stop dividing the world into liberals vs. conservatives. I had to deal with radical leftoid professors in college who always assumed I was a White Male Conservative Rightwinger because I didn't always agree with them. Assuming makes an @$$ out of you. Your brain is on automatic pilot.
If you want to live in a fantasy world where "hard work pays off" then you will have to address the fact that many people in executive positions come from upper-middle-class backgrounds and had their mom and dad pay for their expensive college educations. You would also have to face the fact that even though an individual may be intelligent and competent, unless you have a particular degree -- the fancier the university the better -- you won't be considered for many positions. That is an issue of social class advantage and class privilege. Your hard work will hit a hard wall of disadvantage. That's the problem the "hard work pays off" crowd have that you didn't address!
You said your reject hard work. The man is a workaholic? You reject that hard work lifestyle? You have a totally different story line and position now? Maybe you waited so long to respond that you forgot what you initially said? LOL! Go back and read it a few times to refresh your memory! Hahaha!
FlyoverCountryRe tardation

Fort Lee, NJ

#23 Mar 13, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You said your reject hard work. The man is a workaholic? You reject that hard work lifestyle? You have a totally different story line and position now? Maybe you waited so long to respond that you forgot what you initially said? LOL! Go back and read it a few times to refresh your memory! Hahaha!
You are certainly not a professor. I think you have a problem with reading comprehension. In my original post I said: "Hard work is fine -- workaholism is not." I work very hard, but hard work should be balanced with free time. I work very hard (harder than I really should), but I would still like to have a month off from work. Did that go over your head? My words seem to short-circuit your brain. Your mental energy couldn't power a wristwatch. Morons like you give the Midwest a bad reputation. Reread my 2 posts with the assistance of an educated person to guide you.
I am the American dream

Homer Glen, IL

#24 Mar 13, 2014
You Do Know wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that only really OLD white and people of color buy Cadillacs. Next time you see one on the street peek inside.
OLD?? I'm 35 and drive a 2009 XLR convertible. 445 HP bought new for $90,000

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump making it great 3 hr MPMMB 36
10 ideas Republicans loved until Barack Obama b... 3 hr MPMMB 7
Fairmont board doing wonders! 3 hr Cherry 25
The Solution to Health Care 4 hr MPMMB 41
What can we do to get American's off of food st... 4 hr curse of the dumb 71
What happened to the Democratic Party? 6 hr Jus Sayin 2 U 144
Looking for a good travel baseball team. 6 hr Baseball 4

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages