Travel baseball opportunities for my ...

Travel baseball opportunities for my soon to be 11 yr old

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
New Porter

New Lenox, IL

#1 Jul 19, 2013
We just moved here to Lockport from Richton Park and I was curious which are the better travel teams for my 10 year old to go out for. He has played organized ball for almost 2 years and he is pretty good. played right field and a little bit of 2nd base last year. I see all these yard signs for yellow jackets badgers and rhinos in the area. please help. thanks
Puhleese

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 19, 2013
New Porter wrote:
We just moved here to Lockport from Richton Park and I was curious which are the better travel teams for my 10 year old to go out for. He has played organized ball for almost 2 years and he is pretty good. played right field and a little bit of 2nd base last year. I see all these yard signs for yellow jackets badgers and rhinos in the area. please help. thanks
You are better of moving back to Richton Park. This town has nothing but inconsiderate neighbors blowing off firecrackers at all hours of the day,crappy parades, over priced local merchants, fake Sunday worhipers and ont evengetme started on the politicians. The local baseball clubs suck and their use are outrageous.
New Porter

New Lenox, IL

#3 Jul 19, 2013
We just moved in last week and have yet to have any of those issues. I heard so many great things of Lockport.
Puhleese

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 19, 2013
New Porter wrote:
We just moved in last week and have yet to have any of those issues. I heard so many great things of Lockport.
Who said that,the people that sold you a home or their realtor? Have you been downtown? The place is a hell hole. Wait tillyourneighbors start blowing off fireworks at midnight or play loud music until 3 nthe morning.
New Porter

New Lenox, IL

#5 Jul 19, 2013
Puhleese wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that,the people that sold you a home or their realtor? Have you been downtown? The place is a hell hole. Wait tillyourneighbors start blowing off fireworks at midnight or play loud music until 3 nthe morning.
We live close to Dellwood Park. Is that a good area? Lockport is pretty big. The people we bought from were here for 3 years and they said they loved it.
New Porter

New Lenox, IL

#6 Jul 19, 2013
Puhleese wrote:
<quoted text>
They told us they were building a new home depot and a target not far away.
New Porter

New Lenox, IL

#8 Jul 19, 2013
Travel Teams wrote:
Everyone is going to have their own opinion, I'm sure I will hear about it, but looking at sheer consistently great teams, the Illinois Sparks are at the top. Probably one of the top 3 true "elite" organizations in the Chicagoland Area along with Upper Deck and Top Tier. There are going to be haters that disagree, but you cannot argue with these organization's results.
Rhinos are a start-up and are coming off their first year as an actual organization, I don't know if you call them a top program until they prove they can field great teams at each level year in/out and get kids into College/MLB. They do have pretty new uni's and a funny logo though.
Yellow Jackets have been around, have some decent teams, but don't think they are at a AAA or Major level.
Bottom line is you live in Homer, Sparks have a long term lease at the Bo Dome off of 167th and I355-right in your backyard. Awesome facility, year-round access, pro instruction, many D1-D3 and MLB Draftees over the year, but hard to get on a team. I'm not sure if they are even having tryouts...I have seen their 10u (11u next year for your son)and they have been a very dominating team for the past two years. Check the website. Tryouts are occurring now so I would start checking team's websites for the dates.
There are also the Lincolnway Blue Demons, Homer Heat, Lockport Cobras, Victory, Troy Titans...these organizations can sometimes produce some good competitive teams as well. I would try to find those who can provide the best facilities and instruction for the $. Only you will know what is best for your son...good luck.
Thank you!
Puhleese

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 19, 2013
New Porter wrote:
<quoted text> We live close to Dellwood Park. Is that a good area? Lockport is pretty big. The people we bought from were here for 3 years and they said they loved it.
If they loved it so much why did they leave? Did they tell you it was a relocation because of work? yea-right. Prepare for your home value to drop 4-6% each and every year.
New Porter

New Lenox, IL

#10 Jul 19, 2013
They told us to steer clear of douche b ags like you
Puhleese

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 19, 2013
New Porter wrote:
They told us to steer clear of douche b ags like you
Make sure you answer the door bell later tonight.
New Porter

New Lenox, IL

#12 Jul 19, 2013
Puhleese wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure you answer the door bell later tonight.
If you are so tough why don't you do something about the fireworks and loud music til 3am instead of bitching about it on a forum. Grow some balls will ya. Lockport is awesome so far. I am a black man and everyone has been very nice. Thank you Lockport!
Puhleese

Chicago, IL

#13 Jul 19, 2013
New Porter wrote:
<quoted text>If you are so tough why don't you do something about the fireworks and loud music til 3am instead of bitching about it on a forum. Grow some balls will ya. Lockport is awesome so far. I am a black man and everyone has been very nice. Thank you Lockport!
There goes the neighborhood. I suddenly have a craving for watermelon and fried chicken. Foshizzle my nizzel"
New Porter

New Lenox, IL

#14 Jul 20, 2013
Puhleese wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes the neighborhood. I suddenly have a craving for watermelon and fried chicken. Foshizzle my nizzel"
Racist Pig! Karma is a bad thing and she is heading your way cracker! Watch your back and don't answer your doorbell at night either.
Puhleese

Chicago, IL

#15 Jul 20, 2013
New Porter wrote:
<quoted text>Racist Pig! Karma is a bad thing and she is heading your way cracker! Watch your back and don't answer your doorbell at night either.
Youz beez a nignorant mofo. Government cheese eating freeloader.
I Moved To Lockport Too

Homer Glen, IL

#16 Jul 20, 2013
I just moved to Lockport too. I heard there are two McDonalds here; can somebody recommend which one I should go to? Also does Lockport have any ATM's?
Puhleese

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 20, 2013
I Moved To Lockport Too wrote:
I just moved to Lockport too. I heard there are two McDonalds here; can somebody recommend which one I should go to? Also does Lockport have any ATM's?
McDonald is run by some REPUBLICANS that pretend to read the BIBLE. They are overpriced and have poor quality food.

I know my mom is into A-T-M (Ass to Mouth), and there are a few other moms that like it as well.
New Porter

New Lenox, IL

#18 Jul 20, 2013
Puhleese wrote:
<quoted text>
McDonald is run by some REPUBLICANS that pretend to read the BIBLE. They are overpriced and have poor quality food.
I know my mom is into A-T-M (Ass to Mouth), and there are a few other moms that like it as well.
I wish your mama would have swallowed that load instead she took it in the puss and unfortunately you were born you piece of SH*T
Al Sharpton

Chicago, IL

#19 Jul 20, 2013
New Porter wrote:
<quoted text> I wish your mama would have swallowed that load instead she took it in the puss and unfortunately you were born you piece of SH*T
Whys you here on dis cracka board ands not outs wit you LINK card carrying Brothers protesting and riotin in honor of Trayvon?
New Porter

New Lenox, IL

#20 Jul 20, 2013
Trayvon was a good boy! That cracker shoulda got the chair. Always keepin the black man down. Except for our president Obama!
Puhleese

Chicago, IL

#21 Jul 21, 2013
That cracka should have won a stuffed animal for shooting that punk monkey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire and Fury 35 min Dennyk 351
The FBI is Dirty 2 hr Sharky 2
breaking news!!!!! (Jul '17) 2 hr Sharky 843
Trump Wins Again 2 hr MPMMB 42
More Winning 2 hr Sharky 14
Republicans pathetically looked for hope with D... 2 hr MPMMB 18
WHO is responsible for the Government shut-down? 3 hr MPMMB 8

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance