School Closing
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
momof3

Manhattan, IL

#1 Feb 17, 2014
Cannot believe someone is asking on the Facebook page if school is closed tomorrow! Why in God's name would it be? The roads have been plowed, the power is on, it is not bitter cold out. Unbelievable!
dude

Manhattan, IL

#2 Feb 17, 2014
LOL and none of the street have been plowed in Leighlenbridge either. Maybe one of them will walk over to Doyle's and complain. Nah, better to just bitch on Facebook. Good thing today was a postal holiday!!!
Fula Chit

Manhattan, IL

#3 Feb 17, 2014
Yay!!!! School till mid summer!!! Yay
Retard

Manhattan, IL

#4 Feb 17, 2014
Cannot believe someone came on here to talk about what was said on the Facebook page! Why in God's name don't you say something on there and who your face?! Unbelievable!
momof3

Manhattan, IL

#5 Feb 18, 2014
Why don't you go back to Fritz's and mind your own business? How come you didn't post your legal name? Huh?
Retard wrote:
Cannot believe someone came on here to talk about what was said on the Facebook page! Why in God's name don't you say something on there and who your face?! Unbelievable!
Ghost

Manhattan, IL

#6 Feb 18, 2014
I would be ashamed to post on there. Bunch of whiners, cry babies and wanna be do gooders. Like someone said, mind your own business.
Retard wrote:
Cannot believe someone came on here to talk about what was said on the Facebook page! Why in God's name don't you say something on there and who your face?! Unbelievable!
Retard

Manhattan, IL

#7 Feb 18, 2014
Why don't you mind your own business and stop obsessing over the Facebook page?
momof3 wrote:
Why don't you go back to Fritz's and mind your own business? How come you didn't post your legal name? Huh?
<quoted text>
WAMO2

Manhattan, IL

#8 Feb 18, 2014
Aren't you being a tad obsessive of Topix seeing you are here posting again and trolling? I am not a member of that page nor do I have any desire to be from what I have heard.
Retard wrote:
Why don't you mind your own business and stop obsessing over the Facebook page?
<quoted text>
Facebook

Melrose Park, IL

#9 Feb 18, 2014
I wish Topix had a LIKE button , your dead on .
WAMO2 wrote:
Aren't you being a tad obsessive of Topix seeing you are here posting again and trolling? I am not a member of that page nor do I have any desire to be from what I have heard.
<quoted text>
momof3

Manhattan, IL

#12 Feb 18, 2014
Your politically incorrect and socially unacceptable screen name says it all about yourself and the people you are defending. I don't have time to obsess over things on the internet. I have a full time job and a family to take care of. Looks like the majority of your FB members can't say the same since they seem to be on there all day posting nonsense and crap that normal people don't give two hoots about.
Retard wrote:
Why don't you mind your own business and stop obsessing over the Facebook page?
<quoted text>
momof3

Manhattan, IL

#13 Feb 18, 2014
There was a huge drug bust in Manhattan on the 16th. Surprised that has not hit your FB page yet. Come on! I am waiting for the comments! Oh yeah, must not read any real media or it would be posted.
Retard wrote:
Why don't you mind your own business and stop obsessing over the Facebook page?
<quoted text>
Facebook

Melrose Park, IL

#14 Feb 18, 2014
One can only hope they read the article and think Manhattan is a bad place to raise children and move . That would kill two birds with one,stone , that stupid page would be empty and they would be gone .
momof3 wrote:
There was a huge drug bust in Manhattan on the 16th. Surprised that has not hit your FB page yet. Come on! I am waiting for the comments! Oh yeah, must not read any real media or it would be posted.
<quoted text>
Ghost

Manhattan, IL

#15 Feb 18, 2014
We can only hope. They are on there now accusing the owner of the chinese restaurant of being the drug dealer that was busted. I think I will print that shit out. Not funny at all but could cause some real damage to the owners of that restaurant. i have ate there many times and the owners are nice and food is decent.
Facebook wrote:
One can only hope they read the article and think Manhattan is a bad place to raise children and move . That would kill two birds with one,stone , that stupid page would be empty and they would be gone .<quoted text>
Facebook

Melrose Park, IL

#16 Feb 18, 2014
I hope he sues them , another business shut down by the trolls , first the Mexican joint now the Chinese restaurant bunch of wacko's.
Ghost wrote:
We can only hope. They are on there now accusing the owner of the chinese restaurant of being the drug dealer that was busted. I think I will print that shit out. Not funny at all but could cause some real damage to the owners of that restaurant. i have ate there many times and the owners are nice and food is decent.
<quoted text>
Retard

Manhattan, IL

#17 Feb 18, 2014
Why don't you share your views on the page? Stalkers.
Resident

Lawrence, MA

#18 Feb 18, 2014
It was my understanding that one person made a dumb joke and then this crazy old dude ran with it and made a big deal about how it was going to shut down the chinese place. It's so funny how it's always the men that are the most dramatic on that page. If the Chinese place can last this long with out getting much business, some dumb joke isn't going to shut them down. I love that Facebook page. I won't post on it because of crazy people like that Chuck guy who love drama and will attack you, but you gotta admit, it's a very popular site and probably very beneficial to the businesses in the community. As a matter of fact, I never heard the Chinese place mentioned on there until now so they should be happy they finally got some attention on Manhappenins.
the friendly ghost

Lawrence, MA

#19 Feb 18, 2014
Any time the Facebook page gets mentioned on here, you are proving that it is substantial. Complain all you want but that must means that you are using it regularly just like about half the town is.
Neighbor

Manhattan, IL

#20 Feb 19, 2014
For someone who says they do not have time to look at the Facebook page, it does seem like you are checking it quite regularly. You are waiting for the comments? Hmmm, doesn't sound like you are too busy. Why don't you go take care of your 3 kids, and get off the internet?
momof3 wrote:
There was a huge drug bust in Manhattan on the 16th. Surprised that has not hit your FB page yet. Come on! I am waiting for the comments! Oh yeah, must not read any real media or it would be posted.
<quoted text>
momof3

Manhattan, IL

#21 Feb 19, 2014
Waiting for the comments is right. Always something to bitch about. My family is well taken care of. One is married, one is a senior in college and the other is a sophomore in college. I have a job that required a college degree in the medical field and have time to check things out when I am not busy. I don’t have to worry about the burgers or fries burning at work. I also do not work seven days a week.
Neighbor wrote:
For someone who says they do not have time to look at the Facebook page, it does seem like you are checking it quite regularly. You are waiting for the comments? Hmmm, doesn't sound like you are too busy. Why don't you go take care of your 3 kids, and get off the internet?
<quoted text>
momof3

Manhattan, IL

#22 Feb 19, 2014
1300 people is hardly half the town. Several are teenagers that are members. Do the math.
the friendly ghost wrote:
Any time the Facebook page gets mentioned on here, you are proving that it is substantial. Complain all you want but that must means that you are using it regularly just like about half the town is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The End of an Error 32 min Appalled 3
3 doors down releases playlist for yuuuge partay 47 min Joker 4
LW elections 58 min Six great candida... 15
George Bush 1 hr Lenox Gansta 1
Democrats should push for presidential candidat... 2 hr Lenox Gansta 6
Other ideas for a different Triple Play 2 hr Triple Play Times... 7
Are the Mayor and the Truth Strangers? 3 hr Do your homework 16

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages