Do you approve of the job Mayor Steve...

Do you approve of the job Mayor Steve Streit is doing?

Created by Lkpt Status on Jan 28, 2014

540 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Not enough information

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lkpt Status

Lemont, IL

#1 Jan 28, 2014
Mayor Streit is moving Lockport forward with a positive, innovative vision and a unified, strong city council.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Turnerite

Lemont, IL

#2 Jan 29, 2014
Kelly Turner would have been a better mayor. We need to bring Lockport back to the way it used to be.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Chow

Lockport, IL

#3 Jan 29, 2014
Are you serious? What does that mean? Crummy infrastructure and cronyism and a nasty city council terrorizing the Locals- You're right- those were good times!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#5 Jan 31, 2014
I'm curious. Exactly what action do you expect? After two years of chaos and total inaction by T, M, VD, K and the guy who was forced to resign did you really believe that the new mayor and council can just snap their fingers? I talked with one of the councilmen recently about this very subject. He said that summer projects like roads and watermains are contracted for in the Spring. Since all T, M, VD and K wanted to do was give their engineering company hundreds of thousands of dollars for studies nothing was lined up for the summer other than a road and sewer project in Kelvin Grove. I was told that that project had been approved a couple of years earlier so T, M, VD and K get no credit for that project.

I'm confident that this new bunch and the mayor will get things squared away in the next couple of months so that we see some real action this summer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lkpt Status

Lemont, IL

#6 Jan 31, 2014
Also, the mayor had to replace all the staff members who fled to other cities because of the mistreatment they were receiving from Turner and his group. Mayor Streit has shown great respect for his new staff and it is my understanding that they are very happy with their new work environment.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
William

Lockport, IL

#7 Jan 31, 2014
Kay Oss wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound like it was more exciting & interesting then. In fact, sounds EXACTLY like the kind of stuff that gets more residents involved in local politics and city-business.
Other than a few interviews in the local paper, I haven't heard anything about this new mayor and/or council. Yawn. Have they actually accomplished anything yet? Anyone can "think" innovatively. What about actual ACTION?
Seeing that I prefer not to be the World Wrestling Federation, maybe you should check out www.summerartseries.com
Down the street

Saint Charles, IL

#8 Jan 31, 2014
Hey Pete, it's your neighbor. You are delusional if you think that continually putting up phony stuff is going to get you re-elected.
Turner and the last group aren't your problem, you are your problem.
People just don't like you. You raised our taxes at every turn so you could help your job. You lied to help your personal wellbeing and you
shamelessly went after a great cop. You were right there screaming during the last council and everybody has seen right through you.

So good luck with the same old stuff, remember why we voted Turner in office, because you screwed up so badly the previous 4 years.
We voted Turner's gang out and you are right behind them.

People have memories, let's not forget your stoplight cameras.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
He Back

Lemont, IL

#9 Feb 1, 2014
Down the street wrote:
Hey Pete, it's your neighbor. You are delusional if you think that continually putting up phony stuff is going to get you re-elected.
Turner and the last group aren't your problem, you are your problem.
People just don't like you. You raised our taxes at every turn so you could help your job. You lied to help your personal wellbeing and you
shamelessly went after a great cop. You were right there screaming during the last council and everybody has seen right through you.
So good luck with the same old stuff, remember why we voted Turner in office, because you screwed up so badly the previous 4 years.
We voted Turner's gang out and you are right behind them.
People have memories, let's not forget your stoplight cameras.
Welcome back to the blog, Kelly - it's been a whole month! Didn't your doctor say to stay off because of your high blood pressure? That didn't last long...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
She Back

Lemont, IL

#10 Feb 1, 2014
He Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back to the blog, Kelly - it's been a whole month! Didn't your doctor say to stay off because of your high blood pressure? That didn't last long...
Hey CRONE SCORNED!!! S'up?

You've been away almost as long yourself! Have you been busy spending this past month making your fantasies come true?? Did you finally get that new mayor to sneak your 83 yr old hillbilly-hermaphrodite self into his office during the overnight hours?? Oh & were you finally able to get the female councilperson to join you guys too? Hey, that's just splendid Crone Scorned!*whew* now maybe you'll get off my back and quit hitting on me for awhile. Do you think now you can PLEASE stop pulling down your pants to show me your nipples?? My stomach (and eyes) cannot handle being that grossed out any more.

G'nite!
Goof Ball Turdner

Oak Brook, IL

#11 Feb 2, 2014
Turdner is a loser - that's why he lost 75% to 25% in the last election - he's all about himself, not Lockport.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SteamBoat Punk

Lockport, IL

#12 Feb 2, 2014
Lkpt Status wrote:
Also, the mayor had to replace all the staff members who fled to other cities because of the mistreatment they were receiving from Turner and his group. Mayor Streit has shown great respect for his new staff and it is my understanding that they are very happy with their new work environment.
Why would they be un-happy ? Of course they are happy...they just got a job. Let's just wait and see just how competent these new hires are. New regime equals new hiring plain and simple. The people that left or were let go will find... or have found jobs ....if they are qualified. Problem with these small town councils and boards is that they are overcrowded with assistants to this and associates to that.....all on the taxpayers dime and little competence to do the job. Maybe they should have been canned. What gives Streit the competence to hire a competent City Engineer just because he is a mayor ? A lot of this stuff is political and nothing to do with who is doing a good job. Mr. Streit has been in office less than a year,,,,as well as this council. Lets all wait another year to see what truly goes on in this town before crowning him savior of Lockport. Most of the people in Lockport don't even know his name and most likely don't care. Want residents attention....raise their taxes and fees...then ask how the mayor and council are doing .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Germ

New York, NY

#13 Feb 4, 2014
If there's one thing we learned about Turner since he has been seated in that chair as an alderman, it is that he is a snake who will do anything and everything to get elected - lie, cheat, steal. We are so lucky that he is not our mayor!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#14 Feb 4, 2014
Germ wrote:
If there's one thing we learned about Turner since he has been seated in that chair as an alderman, it is that he is a snake who will do anything and everything to get elected - lie, cheat, steal. We are so lucky that he is not our mayor!
Mr. Germ or whoever....The mayoral election is OVER. Lockport has a new mayor. Mr. Turner LOST the election. GET OVER IT. Concern yourself with the new guy. If you live in Turner's ward...vote against him if he runs for alderman again. If you do not....nothing you can do except bore us all with your BS. He may be a snake...no law against that. Better have proof if you accuse him of theft. Then ask yourself if you EVER lied, cheated or stole. Cmon now GERM...be "honest". Now for the last time.....let the Turner nonsense go already. We all get it...you hate the guy ! No one cares any more....except you...whoever "you" are !!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pot calling the kettle

Wheaton, IL

#15 Feb 4, 2014
They must really be afraid of Turner. They bash him constantly on this site. I think the last poster is probably doing what he accuses Turner of doing.

The last poster took the name "Germ", how fitting.

Does your mom know you are back on the computer?
Germ

New York, NY

#16 Feb 4, 2014
Wow Chumbalone, you must really like Turner to rush to his defense like that. Are you his friend? No one with sense would care if he is the focus of rebuke because people with sense know that Turner is bad for Lockport.

Like many Lockport residents, I will have an issue with Turner as long as he holds elected office. As long as he is up there, he can damage the community where I am raising my family and therefore it is definitiely a priority for me. I do live in his ward and have voted against him every time he runs because I have seen what he has done to hurt Lockport. The difference is that this time I will be volunteering for whomever runs against him and will be walking my ward, making sure my neighbors know exactly what he has done when given the privilege of leadership in the second ward.

When he is defeated next year, then you will not hear from me - unless he pokes his head out from under his rock to make comments on our town. Like when he spoke publicly against the Target development by 355.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pot calling the kettle

Carol Stream, IL

#17 Feb 4, 2014
I read that Turner voted for the Target deal and the vote was unanimous. Shouldn't all big money deals be questioned?

When is Target going to be built? Where is all the new development?
Other than Culver's, which has been in the works for a long time, where are the sit down restaurants?

I hope the new mayor can get it done.

I'm sorry you are afraid of Turner.

Thanks for your silly comments Germ, I think your mom has dinner ready.
Lockport local

Lockport, IL

#18 Feb 4, 2014
Germ wrote:
Wow Chumbalone, you must really like Turner to rush to his defense like that. Are you his friend? No one with sense would care if he is the focus of rebuke because people with sense know that Turner is bad for Lockport.
Like many Lockport residents, I will have an issue with Turner as long as he holds elected office. As long as he is up there, he can damage the community where I am raising my family and therefore it is definitiely a priority for me. I do live in his ward and have voted against him every time he runs because I have seen what he has done to hurt Lockport. The difference is that this time I will be volunteering for whomever runs against him and will be walking my ward, making sure my neighbors know exactly what he has done when given the privilege of leadership in the second ward.
When he is defeated next year, then you will not hear from me - unless he pokes his head out from under his rock to make comments on our town. Like when he spoke publicly against the Target development by 355.
Even if you don't live in the 2nd or 4th ward, a person should support anyone of "character" opposing him or Marynowski in the next election. They have been "total CATHARTIC RENDERING" the last three years. Didn't Marynowski use cathartic rendering as a campaign slogan or was it an excuse for not showing at candidate forum during the campaign for alderman?
AntiBacterial

Lemont, IL

#19 Feb 4, 2014
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Mr. Germ or whoever....The mayoral election is OVER. Lockport has a new mayor. Mr. Turner LOST the election. GET OVER IT. Concern yourself with the new guy. If you live in Turner's ward...vote against him if he runs for alderman again. If you do not....nothing you can do except bore us all with your BS. He may be a snake...no law against that. Better have proof if you accuse him of theft. Then ask yourself if you EVER lied, cheated or stole. Cmon now GERM...be "honest". Now for the last time.....let the Turner nonsense go already. We all get it...you hate the guy ! No one cares any more....except you...whoever "you" are !!!!!
Although there is one, um, "person" on this forum that positively drools, repetitively, over that man like nobody's business (I think they call her crone-scorned?), I do believe there are others on this forum that feel this same obsessive, constant need to give this man name recognition, diligently. EVERY SINGLE THREAD on this forum ALWAYS has at least SOME SORT of mention of that man's name. It's beyond ridiculous. Do these people REALLY have nothing better to talk about around here?? I'm beginning to think that these people have a schoolyard-crush on himů.Kind of like a third grade boy sticking his tongue out at the girl he likes? It REALLY seems like it.

You know what this guy should do? He should spend as much money as possible to either hire the absolute BEST campaign manager EVER or, pay off a "vote fixer" (don't fool yourself, such people DO exist) and actually WIN a mayoral election. That would be freaking HILARIOUS!!!
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#21 Feb 5, 2014
Germ wrote:
Germ...you are one sick puppy. If you can....and do read what I post...you will note that I am not the man's defender or supporter. It is YOU and another poster who constantly barrage this forum with Turner hate that is mind-boggling ! You say you are a "family" man. Then do right by your family and stop the hate nonsense. You and the other poster's obsession is outright scary. Is speaking against an issue (which may not be true) before a council that criminal that you need to constantly berate this person. Exactly what will you do if he is re-elected ??? You my friend are exactly what you think Turner is.....and that is really scary.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
What is truth

Wheaton, IL

#22 Feb 5, 2014
Chumbalone I agree with you, all we ever read from these two is hate against Turner. Turner did get rid of stoplight cameras, stopped a 28 million dollar un-needed water spending project and argued against that ego maniac Colarelli.

I saw on TV that the city has decided to keep the changes Turner made in the water system, even though Deskin ranted against doing that. I am interested in this because I had a problem that languished under the last public works boss, who I heard was investigated by the State Police. He was the one appointed by Murphy and backed by Colarelli. When Turner changed the leadership my problem and a problem my mom had also got fixed. A public works guy told me that hundreds of requests didn't get done under the old boss.

I also hated the stoplight cameras.

I think I know who the two posters are. I think they have been on here thousands of times for the last bunch of years. All we ever read was their hate and I didn't want to post anything agreeing with Turner and then get attacked. I think that was and is their strategy all along.

Turner may have been an arguer but he did some good things in my book.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Phil's Auto Service (May '14) 5 hr phillipmassaro 3
News Latest data shows Rockford's population continu... Mon Old Timer 3
Joliet Slammers Jun 22 Terrible time 1
News Rainfall Rates Across the Chicago Metro Area Jun 16 reality is a crutch 1
News Naperville parks director gets $20,000 raise in... Jun 14 Hank the Tank 3
News Joliet Man Maced New Lenox Walmart Worker: Cops Jun 10 Darth_D 1
News Rialto Gets Advance on Allowance from City of J... Jun '15 Dobro 2
More from around the web

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE