2 die when motorcycle hits semi on I-80

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Two people were killed early Thursday when the motorcycle they were riding slammed into the rear of a semitrailer truck near Joliet, said Illinois State Police Master Sgt.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Heather

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

You'll be missed Bobby!
Lockport opinion

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

A Muerer was also injured in this accident. Can anyone tell me what Muerer family he belongs to here in Lockport. Is that the plumbers son?
Nicole

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

I am trying to find out when funeral arrangements will be for Christina. Me and Christina were really close my senior year and her mother was great to me when I had my daughter. My prayers are with the family. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Lockport opinion

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

For those who wish to go.
Robert J. "Bobby" McFedries
"Bobby"
Age 26, late of Lockport, suddenly Thursday, October 9, 2008 as a result of a motorcycle accident. Born in Joliet, life long Lockport resident.
Employed by Digital One in Orland Park. Bobby was a graduate of Lockport Twp. High School Class of 2000 and a graduate of Westwood College receiving his Bachelors Degree in Computer Networking. Played soccer for A.Y.S.O 717, his pride was his Chevy Taho "Black Betty" that he enjoyed off roading and mudding with. Bobby was a free spirit, loving everything about the outdoors, hunting, camping, fishing, boating, riding his motorcycle, paintball, loved working on cars, cooking, playing the drums and mostly, Bobby made sure that everyone was taken care of and was happy. He was also an avid Cubs and Bears fan.
Preceded in death by his paternal grandfather, Albert "Red" McFedries; maternal great-grandparents, Peter and Anne Kuna; paternal great-grandmother, Euphemia "Famie" Anderson; and an uncle, John McFedries.
Survived by his loving parents, Bob and Sue (Lavery); his sister, Stacey (Cory Hall, fiancÚ); maternal grandmother, Beverly Lavery; and paternal grandmother, Edna McFedries; numerous aunts, Beverly Lavery, Nancy (Louie) Duay, Susan (George) Reid; uncle Lavery; cousins and many dear friends also survive.
In lieu of flowers, memorials in Bobby's name to charity of your choice would be appreciated.
Bobby will lie in state Monday, 10:00 am at Shepherd of the Hill Lutheran Church, 925 E. 9th St. Lockport, until time of funeral service at 11:00 am. Visitation Sunday at the O'NEIL FUNERAL HOME, 1105 E. 9TH ST., LOCKPORT from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
lockport

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Lockport opinion wrote:
A Muerer was also injured in this accident. Can anyone tell me what Muerer family he belongs to here in Lockport. Is that the plumbers son?
No,Not the plumbers son.

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

must be a bad week for motorcycles in the area. Yesterday going to my in-laws around 2pm there was an accident involving two motorcycles on the eastbound ramp of 355 to I80. when we got there it was two bikes on the ground, 4 cop cars, 2 ambulances and a firetruck.
Kristin H

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

jake harris wrote:
must be a bad week for motorcycles in the area. Yesterday going to my in-laws around 2pm there was an accident involving two motorcycles on the eastbound ramp of 355 to I80. when we got there it was two bikes on the ground, 4 cop cars, 2 ambulances and a firetruck.
I saw that accident happen, the motorcycles were right in front of our truck. I have been searching online forever trying to find the outcome of that crash. It didnt look good. If you know or hear andyhting about the condition of them, please let me know.It was the most heartbreaking and jawdropping thing I have ever seen.
Munday and Nathan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

Our law firm represents the family of Christina who was killed in this accident. If anyone has information regarding the facts of this accident, can you please contact Tom Nathan at tnathan@mundayandnathan.com. Thanks.
Steady Grip

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

Judged:

Voice of Common Sense wrote:
Sounds like a good week to me. They almost all drive like idiots anyway anymore. This just helps them get off the streets.
<quoted text>
You are without a doubt, one stupid,*SSH*LE!
Diamond_Princess

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

Steady Grip wrote:
<quoted text>
You are without a doubt, one stupid,*SSH*LE!
Steady Grip - I have to agree with you 100% on your comment. No one deserves to die. I used to ride myself and seen some pretty bad accidents happen to people who are just riding for the enjoyment. Just because there are people that ride like jerks does not mean they deserve to die.
Hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

Munday and Nathan wrote:
Our law firm represents the family of Christina who was killed in this accident. If anyone has information regarding the facts of this accident, can you please contact Tom Nathan at tnathan@mundayandnathan.com. Thanks.
So now lawyers solicite facts on topix? Why don't you do your own fact checking and information collection. That's what you get paid to do.
no silver spoon

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

Judged:

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
So now lawyers solicite facts on topix? Why don't you do your own fact checking and information collection. That's what you get paid to do.
STOP Go to another sight if you have any ignorant coments. Some lawyers put ads in news papers to find out if anyone from the public saw something...police use the media channel 5,7,2.and 9, or do you not watch t.v? Just keep in mind these fanilies are hurting and need answers and help there is no room for anything but good old fashion kind and consideration in the death of children.
Hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Anyone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

no silver spoon wrote:
<quoted text>STOP Go to another sight if you have any ignorant coments. Some lawyers put ads in news papers to find out if anyone from the public saw something...police use the media channel 5,7,2.and 9, or do you not watch t.v? Just keep in mind these fanilies are hurting and need answers and help there is no room for anything but good old fashion kind and consideration in the death of children.
I didn't see anything ignorant towards the family in Hello's comment. You must be a lawyer. Typical lawyers, too much time on their hands. I would think the people interviewed that were at the scene would be your best asset. I mean come on I could say I was there and saw something and you can't prove that I didn't. That's why they take the names and numbers of people who are there. Who are you to preach, you read too much into the comment which I am sure you will do to mine as well. For the record my thought are with the FAMILY for the lawyers it's all about the money and the win, don't tell me different, I've been there.
hello

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2008

no silver spoon wrote:
<quoted text>STOP Go to another sight if you have any ignorant coments. Some lawyers put ads in news papers to find out if anyone from the public saw something...police use the media channel 5,7,2.and 9, or do you not watch t.v? Just keep in mind these fanilies are hurting and need answers and help there is no room for anything but good old fashion kind and consideration in the death of children.
Boy talk about reading too much into something, settle down. I hear nothing negative here toward the family, you are the one ranting on and on and calling people stuipid for not watching tv. There is a difference between a newscater saying if you have any info please call police and someone posting on this site. This site is purly entertainment and a place for trivial information and a law firm looks like a joke posing here. Does the law firm have a my space page too? Get off your high horse.

“I'm ANONYMOUS!!! ”

Since: Sep 08

L-Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2008

My family attended the funeral as my mother is friends with Bobby's mother, very sad...
jan cunningham

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Heather wrote:
You'll be missed Bobby!
I havent heard from Beverly lavery since Aprril UKpenpal how is she help appreciated concerned Jan
Beverly Lavery

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

jan cunningham wrote:
<quoted text>I havent heard from Beverly lavery since Aprril UKpenpal how is she help appreciated concerned Jan
Jan,

I am Beverly's daughter. My name is also Beverly. I just happened to go on here and saw your post. I am very sorry to tell you this way, but Mom passed away on Febuary 18, 2009. This has been a nightmare. We cannot believe she is gone. I miss her so much. I used to talk to her on the phone 3 or 4 times a day. If you have any questions, please feel free to write back. Again, I'm sorry to let you know this way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joliet Discussions

Search the Joliet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
When did running to the doctor......... 4 min Straight Tea 14
America Gets Another Stick In Her Eye 12 min Straight Tea 5
Tea Party Values 14 min Straight Tea 263
Very Interesting ! 17 min Straight Tea 18
School'n Hold On For Fun 24 min Straight Tea 45
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min KiMare 48,702
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr NO HOPE vegas 5,800
•••
•••
•••
Joliet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••