We are looking to play PAC baseball.
Any reviews on how it is run?
Pac winner

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 29, 2012
Baseball Dad wrote:
We are looking to play PAC baseball.
Any reviews on how it is run?
Its run by travel managers.But Cully does a good job..
bball dad

Naperville, IL

#3 Aug 29, 2012
Good luck. Commish teams are always stacked with the best kids.

Some of their travel teams are very good, and some of them are terrible, as their is a lot of daddy ball.
Your out

United States

#4 Aug 29, 2012
Check out Troy baseball in Shorewood. A lot smaller. Cooler fields
Really

Minooka, IL

#5 Aug 29, 2012
Culley does a Good Job. He's the one playing daddyball more than anyone. If you want to learn the best baseball go play for the Edge. Great coaches on and off the field.
Pac winner

Richmond Hill, NY

#6 Aug 30, 2012
Really wrote:
Culley does a Good Job. He's the one playing daddyball more than anyone. If you want to learn the best baseball go play for the Edge. Great coaches on and off the field.
My thoughts we're
he gives a bunch of his time to keep our league up and running. My son played 5 years of inhouse and now we do travel. Had some great times in Pac..Now were in season 2 of travel. Travel is tough but needed to get to the next level.
Baseball Realist

La Grange Park, IL

#7 Aug 30, 2012
PAC is like any other large organization. There are some good people, some that try and just don't know better and some that look out for their kids.
With the exception of one park, their fields were in decent shape until this drought.
The umpires are okay, too young and inexperienced along with some odd direction from the top as to what is important.
The travel teams, some are great so are so-so but there is a good structure there.
All-in-all, I would give them a B-
smoking

Naperville, IL

#8 Aug 30, 2012
Baseball Realist wrote:
PAC is like any other large organization. There are some good people, some that try and just don't know better and some that look out for their kids.
With the exception of one park, their fields were in decent shape until this drought.
The umpires are okay, too young and inexperienced along with some odd direction from the top as to what is important.
The travel teams, some are great so are so-so but there is a good structure there.
All-in-all, I would give them a B-
Come on are you serious...Lets call it what it is. Some of these travel teams have had the same manager year after year. The kids on the teams never change, and when there is a change its because the parents realize the manager couldnt manage the cubs....Someone called it above there's too much daddy ball. We were on one team, where the managers kid was the worst kid on the team. I think the only reason he was coaching because he knew his kid wouldnt have a chance of playing on any other travel team. Needless to say the manager was terrible too. We had kids pretending they heard what the manager said and did whatever they wanted too. I'm not trying to be mean, but lets call it what it is.
football parents

Naperville, IL

#9 Aug 31, 2012
I dont know about other PAC travel teams, but we were with the diamond kings and 8 boys left that team to play elsewhere do to the lack of having a quality coach.

He allowed his kid to catch even though he couldnt catch a cold. In one game he gave up four drop three stikes, to the point our pitcher pulled himself out of the game because the kid was so bad.

My only recommendation is as a parent you have the right to interview the manager find out their coaching ability and their rules. The best fit would be a coach who doesnt have a kid on the team.

Nice guy, but has no coaching skills what so ever. I guess it pays to know someone because this guy's in house team didnt even have a .500 record.
curious

Plainfield, IL

#10 Aug 31, 2012
It is unfortunate that this organization is the worst run in the area. Too many egos on the board. Everyone is in it for themselves. It's a kids group run by a lot of wannabe parents. Word is much of the registration fees need to be accounted for in depth like most organization have done.
Yes sir

United States

#11 Aug 31, 2012
curious wrote:
It is unfortunate that this organization is the worst run in the area. Too many egos on the board. Everyone is in it for themselves. It's a kids group run by a lot of wannabe parents. Word is much of the registration fees need to be accounted for in depth like most organization have done.
Have to agree. The board has a lot of travel coaches on it and most do not have kids that should be on the team. Daddy ball at is best.
Former PAC member

Riverside, IL

#12 Aug 31, 2012
Some of the coaches have very bad character, Like the Next level guy. Year after year he cuts kids that are better than his own son. But he has his midget sidekick recruit more families and keeps on losing the big tournaments. next level assclowns
Former PAC member

Riverside, IL

#13 Aug 31, 2012
p.s. go play for the Edge people.
Pac winner

United States

#14 Aug 31, 2012
Are the D Kings 14u playing next season?
Poorly Managed

Plainfield, IL

#15 Sep 1, 2012
Interesting when you look at the backgrounds of Leadership. Many never played the Sport and are trying to make up for being cut in High School !! I am OK if you never played, however have knowledge of the game, and put the kids FIRST - not yourselves !! Culley is brutal. Cocky, arrogant, and not willing to discuss issues with parents. Been a problem for years since his son played.
Jeremy

Plainfield, IL

#16 Sep 1, 2012
I agree. Have often had a Coach pick his own kid over others for season All Star Game. Sure it hurts the parents, for they do everything they can to put their kids in a position to succeed - and then the kid is hurt worse when he sees decision of Coach he trusted.
Pac winner

United States

#17 Sep 1, 2012
Poorly Managed wrote:
Interesting when you look at the backgrounds of Leadership. Many never played the Sport and are trying to make up for being cut in High School !! I am OK if you never played, however have knowledge of the game, and put the kids FIRST - not yourselves !! Culley is brutal. Cocky, arrogant, and not willing to discuss issues with parents. Been a problem for years since his son played.
You seem to be big cry baby who sits on sidelines.
Looser

Joliet, IL

#18 Sep 1, 2012
Pac winner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow this come from the king of the losers...Dude do yourself and your son a favor take a couple baseball classes, cause your coaching sucks.
Wind Sak

Joliet, IL

#19 Sep 1, 2012
Pac winner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling I know who this bag of shit is and he has a lot of room to be saying anything. Grow a set wind sak.
the winds of change

United States

#20 Sep 1, 2012
Look since Culley took over the Edge has grown into a power house. And good luck if you sign up for the PIT. The umpires are all the sons of the PAC board. Every year it is the same thing. We will not go back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 1 hr sickos 3,947
Clinton stretches lead over Trump to 14 points ... 5 hr M-14 Rifle 9
metra heritage line sucks 5 hr clpc 3
TRUMP in number one spot... (Jul '15) 5 hr Some guy 28
Say NO to Syrian Refugees 6 hr Wise up 22
Neighborhood Watch Meeting - Brookstone 6 hr blackpanther999 3
What kind of a man would vote for Hillary? What... 10 hr Look in the mirro... 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages