Man found guilty of throwing near-fat...

Man found guilty of throwing near-fatal punch outside bar

There are 4 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Jan 3, 2013, titled Man found guilty of throwing near-fatal punch outside bar. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

A New Lenox man was the one who threw the near-fatal punch that paralyzed another man outside a Mokena bar in 2009, a judge decided Thursday in Joliet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

Dixie

New Lenox, IL

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Unbelievable. 5 years for being at the scene of a fight.Crazy. This trial was a witchhunt all along. Bartel's wanted justice and it didnt matter who it was.(By the way you should be mad at Mokena PD for what a botched investgation they did. Taxpayers money hard at work over there.) I understand that, but wouldnt you want the right guy? Cause in my opinion, with everything i've heard and read, you didnt. Eric's life is gone, Joe's life is screwed and the guy that actually threw the punch got away scott free. Blind justice. But as everyone says these days, it is what it is. And with that being said our prisions are way way over-crowded, Illinois has no
money. A friend of mine was randomly stabbed about 5 years ago. The guy also stole a car after he stabbed him. He was caught,sentenced to 18 years, he was out in 4 YEARS. So it is what it is, I will see you again very soon Mr. Messina but tomorrow Eric's will wake up and still be in his wheelchair.
Wait1min

Mokena, IL

#2 Jan 4, 2013
Why didn't Joe's friends tell the police THAT night that he wasn't the one that threw the punch? All witnesses were interviewed with video recordings.
Not sure I understand why his friends wouldn't be his friends?
someone

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 4, 2013
If these were his friends keeping quiet, what would his enemies do? One guy says he was like a brother yet he kept quiet. Maybe he's better off in jail with friends like that? Just a ploy by an attorney I think.
Insomniac

Orland Park, IL

#4 Jan 5, 2013
I'm thinking that some of these "friends" might be facing indictments in the very near future for perjury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm Praying 15 min John Sanchez 2
Support Rauner 27 min John Sanchez 6
Only a Corporate Republican would do this! 34 min Big ballz 7
Sanders Assures GOP Victory 47 min Big ballz 7
21 Questions For Donald Trump 49 min John Sanchez 3
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... 1 hr Lazy bones 164
Take Back Romeoville from Mad King John 1 hr Laurie 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages