"Low Information Voters"
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#21 May 2, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Happy Dad, I have read and agree with much of what you post on another city forum. You appear to be a good and respectful debater. Just a word of advice. The "Professor" situation is kind of complicated. Even those who agree with his politics do not always agree with his methods. You probably shouldn't be so quick to pick a side in your fight for civil behavior.
Duly noted. This is all premature, however. I haven't yet exactly sided with Professor, I merely made an observation and now have entered a debate about... What was it? Oh yes anger. And if you read my other post you know I may not always be right but I am stubborn. LOL thanks for the advice.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#22 May 2, 2013
Happy Dad wrote:
<quoted text>Duly noted. This is all premature, however. I haven't yet exactly sided with Professor, I merely made an observation and now have entered a debate about... What was it? Oh yes anger. And if you read my other post you know I may not always be right but I am stubborn. LOL thanks for the advice.
LOL. It would be hard to pinpoint where the anger started in this situation. It is one of those "which came first, the chicken or the egg" debates.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#23 May 2, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. It would be hard to pinpoint where the anger started in this situation. It is one of those "which came first, the chicken or the egg" debates.
yeah it's the kind of argument that if you pull yourself away from one side or the other and start listening to both sides and start paying attention to both sides, you will notice that they are saying the same things. And You will see that they both are scary. We get bogged down with issues like gay marriage and gun control both for and against but we fail to see the big picture. Many voters vote in federal elections with no more basis than what the candidate believes on their pet issue. And they vote their money right out of their hands. They're voting their rights away. I'll go you one further. It's happening in the primaries with both parties. We're scared to go against the status quo. It doesn't matter who started it, it only matters who is intelligent enough to stop it.
NL Bob

Mokena, IL

#24 May 2, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Happy Dad, I have read and agree with much of what you post on another city forum. You appear to be a good and respectful debater. Just a word of advice. The "Professor" situation is kind of complicated. Even those who agree with his politics do not always agree with his methods. You probably shouldn't be so quick to pick a side in your fight for civil behavior.
Straight forward and to the point doesn't sell very well! I understand that. I don't believe in Political correctness!

P.S. People can draw their own conclusions!
NL Bob

Mokena, IL

#25 May 2, 2013
I agree with everything Professor provides to us. With facts to back it.
Credibility

United States

#26 May 2, 2013
giveitabreakutools wrote:
<quoted text>
My position is simple, no matter how much you kick and scream, and blame the Democratic Party or Obama for every bad thing that has happened it is not going to change. My research is all of your repetitive posts that you provide the same points and opinions. So call me a poster child for Low Information Voters (even though I didn't vote for Obama) all you want. We can call you the "guy who cries on topix because he didn't like the election results" or maybe the " The Repeater" or "Dead Horse Beater". Like I said, you lose any points you try and make and are just a joke.
Agreed. I call it the Limbaugh effect. Any credibility that Limbaugh, Hannity or their ilk had was completly lost when they couldn't even give the President the modicum of credit for his role in eliminating Osama bin Laden. When you can't even agree with 99.9% of the population on something this simple, how can anything you say be taken seriously? Those like Professor would be much more credible if they could acknowledge that just like Bush wasn't wrong about everything, neither is Obama.
info

Manhattan, IL

#27 May 2, 2013
Credibility wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. I call it the Limbaugh effect. Any credibility that Limbaugh, Hannity or their ilk had was completly lost when they couldn't even give the President the modicum of credit for his role in eliminating Osama bin Laden. When you can't even agree with 99.9% of the population on something this simple, how can anything you say be taken seriously? Those like Professor would be much more credible if they could acknowledge that just like Bush wasn't wrong about everything, neither is Obama.
fox news 12/26/03 kahlied sheik mohomad attends bin laden funeral. Bin laden dies of kidney failure ! Benizer Bhutto concurs and is assasinated days later in Pakistan . People have short memories
Professor

Cicero, IL

#28 May 3, 2013
Why should Obama get credit for bin laden? The manhunt for him was ongoing since the trade center attack happened?
someone

Cicero, IL

#29 May 3, 2013
Funny thing is. All of this typevof posting will be repeated in 42 months when Clinton wins.
Credibility

United States

#30 May 3, 2013
Professor wrote:
Why should Obama get credit for bin laden? The manhunt for him was ongoing since the trade center attack happened?
Because he ultimately made the call to proceed with the operation. If it had failed, you would have been all over him for authorizing a failed mission, much like Carter has never lived down the “disaster in the desert” which by many accounts cost him the election in 1980. Also, your contention that bin Laden had been pursued since 9-11 is false. Do you not recall Bush’s comment when asked if he knew where bin Laden was? Here’s a refresher. http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/05/02/...
This doesn't exactly sound like hot pursuit.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#31 May 3, 2013
Credibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he ultimately made the call to proceed with the operation. If it had failed, you would have been all over him for authorizing a failed mission, much like Carter has never lived down the “disaster in the desert” which by many accounts cost him the election in 1980. Also, your contention that bin Laden had been pursued since 9-11 is false. Do you not recall Bush’s comment when asked if he knew where bin Laden was? Here’s a refresher. http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/05/02/...
This doesn't exactly sound like hot pursuit.
Carter lost the election because of the economy. Our intelligence tracked down Bin Laden. Obama okayed them to go in and get him when notified that he was found. Obama didn't do anything special to take credit for this.

Personally, I don't believe that Obama was happy that Bin Laden was found. Obama supports radical extremist organizations. He supplied the Muslim Brotherhood with F16 Fighter Jets and Abram Tanks. But, Obama won't do anything to save the poor citizens of Syria from slaughter by terrorist. Your painting a false image of who Obama is.
ugh

Manhattan, IL

#32 May 3, 2013
Low information conspiracist. Keep going with project mockingbird ! You are a triple splice of rush, beck,& levin!
Professor

Mokena, IL

#33 May 3, 2013
ugh wrote:
Low information conspiracist. Keep going with project mockingbird ! You are a triple splice of rush, beck,& levin!
Conspiracy? What do you call the people in the video? Brilliant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What can we do to get American's off of food st... 10 min MPMMB 63
breaking news!!!!! 19 min Sharky 254
Looking for a good travel baseball team. 21 min Sub Prime Lender 3
The Solution to Health Care 34 min Sub Prime Lender 27
10 ideas Republicans loved until Barack Obama b... 4 hr ridiculous 4
Fairmont board doing wonders! 6 hr Cherry 20
Unreal Shi_ 4 Brains 10 hr MPMMB 10

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages