bottle of piss and a resturant

Posted in the Joliet Forum

Lockport

Homer Glen, IL

#1 Mar 29, 2013
thats what the future of lockport is comming down to? a guy wants sit down food? and another thinks a bottle of piss is his way in? what a joke! i want a red lbster and a big glass of ice tea
Future in your hands Apr9

Lockport, IL

#2 Mar 29, 2013
Lockport wrote:
thats what the future of lockport is comming down to? a guy wants sit down food? and another thinks a bottle of piss is his way in? what a joke! i want a red lbster and a big glass of ice tea
The rest of us that are normal citizens want sit down restaurants (like the one you want a lobster and ice tea at) of high quality where it does not cost an arm,leg to eat. We want shops that are in surrounding towns like TJMAXX, Ross, Kohls, Macy's, Chicos, and restaurants like the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc. We also want places to go maybe a show/theater would be nice. We want to see our downtown revitalized. It was once the place to go and it should be preserved. The Roxy is a great place to keep and make the town usuable. I have been from coast to coast and most downtowns are very well used. I think of many that have become tourist attractions. The Landing is a great place but the other restaurant is just too expensive for families at night. We needs lots of restaurants and the tourists that would come here would provide revenue and they would come. The Chamber can advertise and that brings in lots of visitors. St. Charles has a festival every year that is second to none. They have it at Halloween. The Athletic Field would be a perfect place for that. They have haystacks, pumpkins, beautiful booths filled with hand made articles (not from China), wood items, more like the festivals of old here when it first started. We are hungry for development. Steve is the man for the job. Kelly believes in standing still. He does not believe in rooftops. With rooftops come people and with people come development. It is as simple as that! He (Steve) will propel us into the future and we need him. I am personally sick of this town standing still like it has since this SO CALLED TEAM..MAJORITY AS KELLY CALLS THEM...TOOK OVER. Our residents deserve more, lots more. Let's go out and vote for Steve Streit and the councilmen that have our community's best interests in mind. Be a qualified voter that knows about each of these people. Know who you are voting for as your future really depends on it!
Hairstylist269

United States

#3 Mar 31, 2013
Yeah, none of that will happen. Downtown is in decay, I live on 9th & state. Love the area but more & more vacant store fronts. I'd like to believe American spirit will bring our economy back but our decline has become the accepted norm. All these sit down restaurants "family's can afford", will become extinct no matter where they are at.. The middle class is under attack. You reap what you sew, maybe family's will be able to afford to go out when restaurants start accepting "link cards", as it seems that's what most will have. Sadly.
Easter Bunny

Lockport, IL

#4 Mar 31, 2013
It is not happpening in New Lenox. Of course, that is so so so far away. They are booming and we are sinking! It will come back if you pick the right leader! We are confident of that. If you want to be thinking the way you think, like they do that are in there right now, NO. But if you want to think positively and builders come, rooftops come, businesses settle where rooftops come. It is the people who pay the bills and the money flows! Studies look good but they do not produce businesses. Or you would have them the last few years, they call progress filling store fronts and putting in water and sewer. Give us a break! The group in there now thinks that is taboo! Well, you got what you got and you will never get more with them in there. But a change to Steve and the men who want our town to again prosper. Happy Easter! Vote Steve! Goint to breakfast...out of town...sadly! Wish we could say here! We will if we vote right!
Easter Bunny

Lockport, IL

#5 Mar 31, 2013
P.s. Isn't this a terrible title for those of us who love Lockport. Isn't it embarrassing to the average person no matter where he lives to write such things. It takes a lowbrow human being..whether it be Lockport or somewhere else to use this title. Happy Easter to all and hopefully we will get back to our roots in this town. Our forefathers worked their head off for this wonderful town. The cemeteries are full of them and we should honor them by being a good person with a good head on our shoulders and a good mind to go with it. As an example I think of Bruce Cheadle and the Caneva group who worked to save the present City Hall when it was being thought to tear it down. They would never have used language like this. Is it a person who is so self absorbed that does not really like our community and is so full of hatred on Easter that they would take to this forum with their inner screwed up thoughts. I think so. The majority of poeople who live here are decent and good. They want only to carry on tradition and get this town viable again. It was once a beautiful well attended little town full of shops and a theater. Now it is crumbling. We need to fix it all and we have a man who is dedicated to doing just that...VOTE STEVE STREIT AND JASON AND KRIS AND DARRIN. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT NEXT EASTER WILL BE HAPPY IF STEVE IS OUR MAYOR AND IS ATTEMPTING TO FIX ALL OF THE PROBLEMS THAT HAVE BEEN SHOVED ASIDE THE LAST FEW YEARS. THANKS TO THE COUNCIL AND MAYOR MURPHY DURING THE 2995 TO 2009 YEARS FOR WHAT DEVELOPMENT WE HAVE, AND THE VERY PROFESSIONAL STAFF WE HAD THAT ARE ALL GONE. LET'S DO IT AGAIN, AND MOVE ON WITH NEW LEADERSHIP! HAPPY EASTER, HAVE LOCKPORT AFTER APRIL 9TH! CALL STEVE FOR A RIDE TO POLLS...WE WILL GET YOU THERE! HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Easter Bunny

Lockport, IL

#6 Mar 31, 2013
ATTN: GRAMMAR POLICE 2005 IS 2995 AND PEOPLE SHOULD BE SPELLED CORRECTLY. SHOULD LEARN TO READ IT OVER I GUESS BUT MY FAMILY WANTS TO GO AND WE ARE OUT THE DOOR FOR CHURCH AND EATING. BYE.
weee

Willowbrook, IL

#7 Mar 31, 2013
Easter Bunny wrote:
ATTN: GRAMMAR POLICE 2005 IS 2995 AND PEOPLE SHOULD BE SPELLED CORRECTLY. SHOULD LEARN TO READ IT OVER I GUESS BUT MY FAMILY WANTS TO GO AND WE ARE OUT THE DOOR FOR CHURCH AND EATING. BYE.
stop eating me.. O I need to douch first
the wacko returns

Lockport, IL

#8 Mar 31, 2013
weee wrote:
<quoted text>
stop eating me.. O I need to douch first
It is the only on here who has no one but himself to talk to so he has hit the air waves with his crackpot language again. I wouldn't doubt he posts more of his wacko stuff even tho it is Easter Sunday. He sure doesn't go to church. The walls would come tumbling down if he did.
weee

Willowbrook, IL

#9 Mar 31, 2013
the wacko returns wrote:
<quoted text> It is the only on here who has no one but himself to talk to so he has hit the air waves with his crackpot language again. I wouldn't doubt he posts more of his wacko stuff even tho it is Easter Sunday. He sure doesn't go to church. The walls would come tumbling down if he did.

church has nothing will being Godly..
Most people won't follow the church teachings anyway..
More gossip there.. and now homo's can marry... where is that ok in the Bible?
Voting for Steve

Lockport, IL

#10 Mar 31, 2013
THANK YOU WEE WEE BRAIN. LOCKPORT IS A CHURCH GOING COMMUNITY AND THE PEOPLE ARE VERY CHURCH LIKE. IT IS JUST YOU THAT IS NOT,,,KELLY.
Voting for Steve

Lockport, IL

#11 Apr 3, 2013
THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING ME THIS WEE WEE BRAIN. LOCKPORT IS A CHURCH GOING COMMUNITY AND ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE ARE VERY CHURCH LIKE. IT IS JUST ME THAT IS NOT.
Pat Mcgroyn

Lockport, IL

#12 May 12, 2013
I avoid doing business in towns that enhance revenue via over zealous traffic code enforcement...I.e. speed traps. Both Lockport and Lemont are on my list. Police are supposed to ''serve and protect'', not ''cite and collect.''
The Voice

Woodridge, IL

#13 May 13, 2013
Pat Mcgroyn wrote:
I avoid doing business in towns that enhance revenue via over zealous traffic code enforcement...I.e. speed traps. Both Lockport and Lemont are on my list. Police are supposed to ''serve and protect'', not ''cite and collect.''
Both communities are full of drug addicts! Gang bangers are everywhere. It's hard to live in either of those burgs without worrying when you'll get burglarized or shot. Both are dumps!
lockporter

Chicago, IL

#14 May 13, 2013
Pat Mcgroyn wrote:
Follow the law and slow down. If one is walking through either of those downtowns the last thing I want is some clown like you driving 45 MPH past me. Want to go fast? Pay the toll and use 355; skip both downtowns.
Topex

Lockport, IL

#15 May 13, 2013
Pat Mcgroyn wrote:
Speed traps? So the police force you or trick you into speeding? Ypu are in control of your vehicle and if you fail to abid by the law the police will protect us from you.
jiggtan

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Jun 30, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Get Lucky drinking it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr Content 7,052
Debbie Halverson: Lawbreaker, Pro Abortion , So... (Mar '10) 3 hr Appalled 82
Indiana 3 hr I see a wingnut 48
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
Veterans memorial vandalized 4 hr Appalled 22
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMerde 50,063
It's Here Tue WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE 4
Joliet Dating
Find my Match

Joliet Jobs

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Joliet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Joliet

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]