just a suggestion

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Monday, April 8th and there are no mock votes cast. Tomorrow morning we will know.
just vote

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Adriesean
Best Choice

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

just vote wrote:
Adriesean
Sorry , already voted Doyle
After Midnight

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Best Choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry , already voted Doyle
So you voted early then? That just means you did not allow yourself the time to consider everything. Right up to the last day. Did you vote with Obama? He promoted just what you did, That was his trick so a person could not change their mind. Once you vote, it's over. The mistakes then went in Obama's column.
Get real

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

After Midnight wrote:
<quoted text>So you voted early then? That just means you did not allow yourself the time to consider everything. Right up to the last day. Did you vote with Obama? He promoted just what you did, That was his trick so a person could not change their mind. Once you vote, it's over. The mistakes then went in Obama's column.
Maybe they vote early every here of it, they might be out of town but wanted to make sure they got their vote in.What do you want them to hear that Mike wants to open a dog park, please .
KVon

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

From what I have read, seen, and heard if you reelect Doyle this town will crumble. I'm voting for Mike.
Heads up

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Borgo has got a lot of mighty people behind him in government and in other facets. So be careful of what you say as I am certain his whisperer is monitoring this site. And on that note, if Doyle wins, then those mighty people are going to get in his face to influence him to keep the current status quo rolling. They will not permit Doyle to bring what is considered progress go for Manhattan to a screeching halt. Maybe a buck ot two will be spared here or there, but the overall program will stay in place. Sorry, but Doyle is not going to be permitted to unwind that.
Facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

KVon wrote:
From what I have read, seen, and heard if you reelect Doyle this town will crumble. I'm voting for Mike.
All of Mike's ideas have been used before and have been discontinued for one reason or another. The Citizens Committee was dropped because Borgo and Gibson got sick of listening to "the people" that didn't see their vision. The later hours for village hall were inconvenient for Gibson, even though she is paid $144 grand a year. These are all things Doyle had in place during his administration and were removed by Borgo. So, no new ideas from Mike. When it comes to the dog park.... I think that should be addressed by Park District, not the Mayor.

Unfortunately, these are the only ideas this guy has brought to the table. Are you kidding me? You could honestly vote for him.
If these are the reasons one would vote for Mike, then I would suggest voting for Doyle because he has already done them and has experience in getting grants, businesses, and running a village. Mike has never been a Trustee. He has never been involved in the village, period. He works for his father's auto body shop. He has no idea what he is doing!!! And we are going to give him the keys to the village? This is a joke right? Vote Doyle.
American

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Doyle !
Todays Manhattan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

American wrote:
Doyle !
Just curious. Why is that?
Been their done that

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Again you dopes trustees are what matter, they run the show no matter who is mayor.
Wow

Elwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Initially, I had actually decided to vote for Mike, although I was concerned that he didn't have any experience and he seemed a bit evasive on specifics. I did know that I didn't want another four years with Borgo. That said, I sat down and watched the YouTube videos (there are links on another thread on here) with the candidates talking at a Meet and Greet. Mike just doesn't have the experience. As an earlier poster mentioned, he would have been a great candidate for trustee. I thought Doyle was well-spoken and had reasonable ideas. Again, I want to support the person who will beat Borgo.

I think Doyle is the best candidate this year.
Todays Manhattan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Wow wrote:
Initially, I had actually decided to vote for Mike, although I was concerned that he didn't have any experience and he seemed a bit evasive on specifics. I did know that I didn't want another four years with Borgo. That said, I sat down and watched the YouTube videos (there are links on another thread on here) with the candidates talking at a Meet and Greet. Mike just doesn't have the experience. As an earlier poster mentioned, he would have been a great candidate for trustee. I thought Doyle was well-spoken and had reasonable ideas. Again, I want to support the person who will beat Borgo.
I think Doyle is the best candidate this year.
Wow, you really, truly think so? From a guy who mumbled the first 15 seconds of his appearance at the event and then went on to say that has had no accomplishments. I am truly dumbfounded by how you reason.
Wow

Elwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Todays Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you really, truly think so? From a guy who mumbled the first 15 seconds of his appearance at the event and then went on to say that has had no accomplishments. I am truly dumbfounded by how you reason.
I should clarify that I watched the video taken at the final meet and greet. During that discussion, Doyle did not say he had no accomplishments. Perhaps you are referring to an earlier meeting.
American

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

At least we can hear Mr..Doyle , Mike is,,soft spoken and in my book thats bad when you go down state to get grants you are gonna look like,a puss .
Todays Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you really, truly think so? From a guy who mumbled the first 15 seconds of his appearance at the event and then went on to say that has had no accomplishments. I am truly dumbfounded by how you reason.
Todays Manhattan

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

A lot of strip clubs downstate in Springfield, Illinois and surrounding towns.
Time is up for Borgo

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Voted for James Doyle
hunt

Elwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

He seemed like a real smart guy lmao!

Only Manhattan!
Todays Manhattan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

hunt wrote:
He seemed like a real smart guy lmao!
Only Manhattan!
What's that old saying? The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 17 min LOST 6,479
Reagan insider: 'GOP destroyed U.S. economy' 32 min Get it right for ... 40
Where Are Jesse and Al? 45 min Former Resident 1
dog training (Sep '10) 1 hr Rescue 5
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Virus Infected Th... 49,279
hot sheet 11 hr Beyonce's Weave 2
Two Illinois Coal Power Plants Going Offline Thu CC Ryder 4

Search the Joliet Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Will County was issued at August 23 at 9:32AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••