romeoville highschool baseball
youre dumb

Romeoville, IL

#21 Mar 26, 2013
Mr Baseball wrote:
Thank god for the weather. Keep cancelling those games and we will never have to see their sorry arse's play!!
well the weather came through for them and they just beat stagg 6-2 and they looked extremely well now you just look like an idiot for youre comment
Mr Baseball

Plainfield, IL

#22 Mar 26, 2013
youre dumb wrote:
<quoted text>well the weather came through for them and they just beat stagg 6-2 and they looked extremely well now you just look like an idiot for youre comment
You are going to hang your hat on beating Stagg! Really! Let me know when you play JCA, Lemont, Providence, Minooka, Naperville, Montini, LOckport, Bolingbrook etc. When your done playing the little sisters of the poor and want to step up to the big boys, lets see what happens.
you guys are awesome

Romeoville, IL

#23 Mar 26, 2013
I love people make names like Mr Baseball and the Truth, so now we all have to believe they are the upmost authority on the game. You guys know everything
Torres

Romeoville, IL

#24 Apr 22, 2013
Im on the romeoivlle baseball team, currently the center fielder. This year the seniors want a title more than anything.. we have worked so hard to get where we are (9-6). Our team is a lot better and way more confident than last years. No knock to last year's seniors i miss them a ton, but this year we want tio prove to everyone else where not just going to be that team that other school come in thinking its an easy win. If you want to win against us, you will have to work for it.
Abby Smith

Romeoville, IL

#25 Apr 22, 2013
hi guys
way to give it away

Hempstead, NY

#26 Apr 22, 2013
well then
Duh

Plainfield, IL

#27 Apr 22, 2013
Torres wrote:
Im on the romeoivlle baseball team, currently the center fielder. This year the seniors want a title more than anything.. we have worked so hard to get where we are (9-6). Our team is a lot better and way more confident than last years. No knock to last year's seniors i miss them a ton, but this year we want tio prove to everyone else where not just going to be that team that other school come in thinking its an easy win. If you want to win against us, you will have to work for it.
THe problem with your logic is that the other team STILL WINS! THat's that Romeoville Education for ya!
Stop

Romeoville, IL

#28 Apr 23, 2013
What school are you representing
Romeoville Grad

Elgin, IL

#29 Apr 23, 2013
Romeoville Baseball puts in the work but the entire Sports program at Romeoville is lack luster not just baseball. I would agree that they work hard and put in the time but the talent level that they started off with definitely limits what they will be able to do in the playoffs and in conference. They are only 1-5 in conference this year and most of their wins have come against average (at best) competition. As for the freshman he will do ok but he is 115 pounds playing with the new bats where the ball goes nowhere. It will help him down the road but he is not going to carry the team through the playoffs. As for the 80+ I know of one arm that is 80+ not the whole staff but I haven't been around in a while.
Oh Well

Plainfield, IL

#30 May 9, 2013
It's official, RHS Baseball sucks! The varsity have hovered around .500 for awhile but now have taken a huge plunge and are miserable.

The sophmores I believe have not won a game all frickin year!

The freshman have won maybe 2-3 games at best!

So as a whole, I think RHS has won maybe 10-12 games at all levels combined for the year. Even better is that our future looks about as good as the frickin CUBS! We just don't have any talent!
A325sdb

Plainfield, IL

#31 Jun 8, 2015
Romeoville baseball is trash. You know you can have over 30 errors for a season and start just because you coach a travel team.
RHS Student

Plainfield, IL

#32 Jun 9, 2015
Romeoville Sucks!
Casual Observer

Plainfield, IL

#33 Jun 9, 2015
First, let me say that I do not have a child on the team. Second, I am a supporter of Romeoville High School in attendance and financially for the last 10 years. The Athletic Department as a hole has been in utter chaos for the past 8-10 years. Much of this falls on the shoulders of our recently departed AD. Unfortunately as retirement drew near, sound decision making was not one of his strengths.

As for the baseball team in general, here is what I observed while viewing 50 or so varsity games over the last few years:

1. Lacking fundamentals - there may be only 1-2 current players who are fundamentally sound. The rest are sorely lacking.

2. Baseball IQ - the majority of players do not know what to do when the ball is hit to them. Must eliminate the mental errors.

3. Errors - To many physical mistakes. 100+ errors committed.

4. Resistance to change - coach continues to march the same players out to the field even though they continually are making the same physical and mental errors costings ballgames. Sometimes we need to make a change for change sake and see what happens.

5. Baseball strategy - what exactly is the strategy & philosophy of the program.

6. Game strategy - we are bunting way to much, we run ourselves out of big innings, we throw away at bats, we never hit & run, what is our pitching rotation, etc.

7. Team Leadership - where is it, who are the leaders of this team?

8. Team Dynamics - where is the team chemistry, spirit, etc. A bunch of individuals rather than a team.

9. Favortism - players being repeatedly played when they are not ready or capable of competing at this level regardless of their lack or performance.

10. Player development - the freshmen & sophmore coaches are not adequately developing and cultivating talent.

11. Lost players - why are we losing players and why are we lacking the ability to field a quality team? Low participitation numbers compared to our opponents.

12. Communication - seems to be lacking between program particpants.

13. Preparation - we never seemed prepared to play. It's as if we show up and fly by the seat of our pants.

14. Positioning - we play kids outside of their natural positions. I agree that sometimes being outside your comfort zone breeds development but when I see kids playing positions they have never played before at the varsity level, this is a recipe for disaster.

These are just some general observances that I have noticed and heard from the people attending these games. Change needs to happen whether we like it or not. We have nothing to lose given our past performance.
outsider

Chicago, IL

#34 Jun 10, 2015
Well I want to start out saying I have nothing to do with rhs as I am from a rival school but I do know some of the juniors at rhs..First I want to say the team is young from what I understand only 2 starting seniors who are now gone. 2 juniors bunch of sophmore and 2 freshman. I would like to start out with the freshman and sophmores, you have to keep in mind that these kids are giving up 2 -3 years at their age level and for them to go in and compete at that level daily and to keep their heads up the entire time , hats off to them ! I have the privilege of being able to see them mature as my youngest son will be starting his freshman year at south this upcoming year. Second. Kids will make errors, as my oldest son committed 20+ errors this season , however he is still going to school with a baseball scholarship. These are teenage boys who are just starting to mature and come into their own these are not paid professional atheletes. Keep in mind theres professionals who get paid millions of dollars and commit 30 errors a season. Third , as a baseball guy and playing most of my life and at a college level, I can garuntee athletes of this time would run circles around us when we were their age. And last not to knock romeoville but because of the size of it, what has romeoville ever won state at? You can go back 40 yrs and there's no banners for any state championships
Cletus

Naperville, IL

#35 Jun 10, 2015
outsider wrote:
And last not to knock romeoville but because of the size of it, what has romeoville ever won state at? You can go back 40 yrs and there's no banners for any state championships
Mowing Lawns, car washing, driveway sealing and taco stands.
Disgusted

Plainfield, IL

#36 Jun 16, 2015
Romeoville High School Baseball also known as Will County Elite! And let me tell ya...there isn't anything close to ELITE here!

Is this a high school team or are we just watching the traveling misfits of Will County Elite!
HOLY COW

Plainfield, IL

#37 Jun 16, 2015
Casual Observer wrote:
First, let me say that I do not have a child on the team. Second, I am a supporter of Romeoville High School in attendance and financially for the last 10 years. The Athletic Department as a hole has been in utter chaos for the past 8-10 years. Much of this falls on the shoulders of our recently departed AD. Unfortunately as retirement drew near, sound decision making was not one of his strengths.
As for the baseball team in general, here is what I observed while viewing 50 or so varsity games over the last few years:
1. Lacking fundamentals - there may be only 1-2 current players who are fundamentally sound. The rest are sorely lacking.
2. Baseball IQ - the majority of players do not know what to do when the ball is hit to them. Must eliminate the mental errors.
3. Errors - To many physical mistakes. 100+ errors committed.
4. Resistance to change - coach continues to march the same players out to the field even though they continually are making the same physical and mental errors costings ballgames. Sometimes we need to make a change for change sake and see what happens.
5. Baseball strategy - what exactly is the strategy & philosophy of the program.
6. Game strategy - we are bunting way to much, we run ourselves out of big innings, we throw away at bats, we never hit & run, what is our pitching rotation, etc.
7. Team Leadership - where is it, who are the leaders of this team?
8. Team Dynamics - where is the team chemistry, spirit, etc. A bunch of individuals rather than a team.
9. Favortism - players being repeatedly played when they are not ready or capable of competing at this level regardless of their lack or performance.
10. Player development - the freshmen & sophmore coaches are not adequately developing and cultivating talent.
11. Lost players - why are we losing players and why are we lacking the ability to field a quality team? Low participitation numbers compared to our opponents.
12. Communication - seems to be lacking between program particpants.
13. Preparation - we never seemed prepared to play. It's as if we show up and fly by the seat of our pants.
14. Positioning - we play kids outside of their natural positions. I agree that sometimes being outside your comfort zone breeds development but when I see kids playing positions they have never played before at the varsity level, this is a recipe for disaster.
These are just some general observances that I have noticed and heard from the people attending these games. Change needs to happen whether we like it or not. We have nothing to lose given our past performance.
This might be the most accurate & truthful description of Romeoville High School Baseball that I have seen!
Disappointed

Oswego, IL

#38 Jun 17, 2015
What are the expectations for this team? Why are there so many threads about baseball? Do the research, in the history of Romeoville High School the baseball team has never won a regional title and only won their conference 1 time. In its entire history! Why are we expecting so much from baseball and give all the other teams or "programs" a wash. To me if there is a problem it's with the entire athletic program of the community and the fact the parents want more success than the students do. If we want success in the Romeoville community we must encourage our sons and daughters to play and compete, not discourage because you don't think the team is any good or you heard the coach is too hard or a jerk. Don't let your kids wait until high school to try a sport for the first time, encourage them to play at an early age and just keep playing. If every sport can increase the amount of students playing more "programs" will start seeing success. I wish the best of luck to Mr. Strode in trying to bring back pride to Romeoville Athletics.
concerned

Chicago, IL

#39 Jun 17, 2015
Well if it's favoritism to will county elite , then that's a huge problem..the new AD really needs to step in and see what has been accomplished with this guy. There's good players not playing because there tired of playing in fear.what I mean about fear is playing all out, if these kids make a mistake or error their ridden hard, not many kids are willing to play all out because of this. My son's a junior and stop playing because he was a basketball player also.got benched because he couldn't make the off season stuff. He's not developing. every player has to look and hit same way, bat same way, doesn't work...you can see it with his team.a change would be nice before more stop playing.even his best players on the team don't want to play for him ... says something !
concerned parent

Chicago, IL

#40 Jul 13, 2015
Disgusted wrote:
Romeoville High School Baseball also known as Will County Elite! And let me tell ya...there isn't anything close to ELITE here!
Is this a high school team or are we just watching the traveling misfits of Will County Elite!
Well my son is just transferring to romeoville this school year, and a lot of these post concern me. Does the high school coach really play favoritism to this so called will county elite team..I would much rather have him stay at his current school if this is the case. I've heard alot of things that this will county elite is nowhere close to being elite and if they are this bad why does he play favoritism to them. I've seen his track record and it looks like his high school team gets worse every season he is there. Why does he still have coaching job at the high school..please give me your honest opinions I would like to know prior to school year so I don't bring my kid into a bad coaching environment.. I heard alot of better players just ride the bench.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr Timing 10,652
Link Card? (Feb '13) 2 hr Bella 23
2016, the current electorate realized no develo... 4 hr Troll Killer 11
2017 LW BOE elections 6 hr Answers 42
Zero Hid payments to Iran 6 hr Patriot 3
Non stop complaining on NL FB pages 7 hr Kevin Molloy 40
Atty Edward Jaquays (Dec '10) 9 hr Stay away from Ja... 11

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages