UAW Rejected
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Neighbor

Mokena, IL

#2 Feb 16, 2014
Saw that too Professor. Interesting is that off all non-Union auto makers down south, VW was totally union friendly, allowed the union sales guys free access to the plant, etc.....

People just don't want Unions I guess.
1st amendment

Frankfort, IL

#3 Feb 16, 2014
Just don't by volkwagons. They are overpriced garbage cars anyway.the phaeton,toureg and others were over priced nightmares.the bug is a sissy joke that people bought because it came with a flower and vase. Besides this was hitlers created car line. Buy American .
CC Ryder

Plainfield, IL

#5 Feb 16, 2014
The workers at that plant made their minds up not to want a union yet what does Obama do. He once again blames conservatives and republicans. Priceless.
Union Yes

New Lenox, IL

#6 Feb 16, 2014
CC Ryder wrote:
The workers at that plant made their minds up not to want a union yet what does Obama do. He once again blames conservatives and republicans. Priceless.
Regardless of whether you like Unions or not, a US Senator should not make threats about losing tax incentives and losing jobs, along with a governor and state reps. I thought republicans wanted small government and less business oversight? Until it goes against their philosophy of Unions....hypocrites. Let the free market prevail and let the people make their choice without interference or threats. But oh well, the majority spoke and they voted down the Union, that is the way the vote went and they have to live with it. They are the ones working for less then $20 an hour while union UAW workers make a lot ore than that.

You have to ask yourself a serious question though, why are there so many outside interests worried about whether 1 company in 1 state votes in a union or not? Why would these groups spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on billboards and mailings and such? I can see the company do it, and workers opposed to a union in the company do it, I get that, but why would outside interests spend their money? Things that make you go hmmm!
Novelist

United States

#8 Feb 17, 2014
If the employees compensation package is anything close to the median pay, they won't ever vote in a union. Blue collar workers in the south are used to working for much less than their northern counterparts. Union and non union.
Hold on

United States

#9 Feb 17, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a fundamental problem with unions when less than 5% of the nations workers are union. My union sold out the members when the company had financial troubles. They went as far as taking 30% ownership in the company. Then had us vote three times on pay and benefit concessions. When we rejected them all three times.......the union said you guys don't know what you are doing and passed them with executive power. How can members respect and support those actions by a union? The same ideology as Obama and the liberal establishment. They believe people are stupid, incapable of taking care of themselves, and know what's best for them! Crazy but reality!
And yet you boast openly on this site that as a union truck driver you make over 100k a year. And will retire in your 50s with a 500k 401k and a 35k a year pension. Ya unions are a really bad thing. That's why you were going to wear a teamsters 705 hat yesterday.
And according to the U.S bureau of labor and statistics a total of 11.3 percent of workers are unionized in this country. You can have your own opinion......but you can't have your own set of facts.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#10 Feb 17, 2014
Hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you boast openly on this site that as a union truck driver you make over 100k a year. And will retire in your 50s with a 500k 401k and a 35k a year pension. Ya unions are a really bad thing. That's why you were going to wear a teamsters 705 hat yesterday.
And according to the U.S bureau of labor and statistics a total of 11.3 percent of workers are unionized in this country. You can have your own opinion......but you can't have your own set of facts.
11% is terrible participation. I hope your not bragging about that figure. That's when you factor in the public sector employee"s. The private sector is under 5%.
Astronaut Yellowhammer

Palos Hills, IL

#11 Feb 18, 2014
They can try again after 1 year! If they have a lick of sense they will!
union yes

Rockford, IL

#12 Feb 18, 2014
Hold on wrote:
<quoted text>And yet you boast openly on this site that as a union truck driver you make over 100k a year. And will retire in your 50s with a 500k 401k and a 35k a year pension. Ya unions are a really bad thing. That's why you were going to wear a teamsters 705 hat yesterday.
And the funny thing is, the $35,000 a year pension will outlast the $500,000 401k....most people just can't grasp the difference and advantage between a Defined contribution plan and a Defined benefit plan.
Union buster

Aurora, IL

#13 Feb 18, 2014
When are all of you union guys going to accept reality.

You are thieves and the rest of us don't want you around!

We are not going to pay what you are demanding, you aren't worth it.

We win again, you loose again. Same old story.

Look at it this way though, you can still go around with your inflatable rats and sit in your lawn chairs all day. The rest of us know that is all you are really interested in doing anyway.

Hahahahahahahahaha
Hold on

United States

#16 Feb 18, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
The 401K only has been contributed into for around 12yrs. The managers where I work are retiring with 401K worth around 2million plus all there stock options. That's much better than $35 pension! That's chump change a year to live on if you think about it!
12 years and it's 500k. I don't believe a bit of that. You make me laugh. Please tell me all about it. What was your yearly contribution and what was the companies what was the rate of return on investment. Fish ain't bitin on that one
Hold on

United States

#17 Feb 18, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
The 401K only has been contributed into for around 12yrs. The managers where I work are retiring with 401K worth around 2million plus all there stock options. That's much better than $35 pension! That's chump change a year to live on if you think about it!
2 million in 12 years Let's see with average rates of return from that 12 years the average input per year would have been around 129000 per year. Sounds possible. Of course max 401 k per year allowable was more like an average of 16000 give or take. 21000 if over 50
Hold on

United States

#20 Feb 19, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your all over the place "Hold On" My 401K is 500K after 12yrs. I never said stated 2 million after 12yrs for management? Where the heck did you get that from? My 401K has a large deposit in it from a roll over from a previous union employer that went BK.
Management is 2 million after 30yrs. That's stock and 401K. They handed stock out like water to them before the company went public years ago. It split many times since then as well. New comers will not see that much since the company toned down on stock options. But the managers my age hit the gold mine when they retire!
You jump the GUN on everything! Must be a cop thing? LOL!
No you make outlandish statements and then when caught you back peddle. Change your story as you go along. Everyone can read what you posted and what you were inferring by those posts. And I still don't believe your story. The other company went bankrupt and yet they all got huge rollover start up money from 18 years there. Ya ok. Try again. Must be a truck driver bragging thing
Hold on

United States

#21 Feb 19, 2014
Your post stated my 401k has "only" been contributed to for 12 years. What's the inference. And you stated mgmt has 401k worth 2 million "plus" stock options. Nice try. Your own words. You posted them. Just like your pal. What caught lying again. Just deny twist and try to make the other guy seem like he was wrong. Same play book. Same tin foil hat.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#22 Feb 19, 2014
Hold on wrote:
Your post stated my 401k has "only" been contributed to for 12 years. What's the inference. And you stated mgmt has 401k worth 2 million "plus" stock options. Nice try. Your own words. You posted them. Just like your pal. What caught lying again. Just deny twist and try to make the other guy seem like he was wrong. Same play book. Same tin foil hat.
I don't lie "hold on" just making a point. Your the one that goes into deep detail on everything. The point was the union benefits are not that great compared to what management gets. Since you pick everything apart I clarified the finer details for you. I'm not changing the story as I go. Just didn't want to get that deep into it. Should have known you would analyze it under a microscope. Do me a favor. Start analyzing what Obama says and does like this. You will recognize what neighbor and I are trying to educate you on! LOL!
Astronaut Yellowhammer

Palos Hills, IL

#23 Feb 19, 2014
Union Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of whether you like Unions or not, a US Senator should not make threats about losing tax incentives and losing jobs, along with a governor and state reps. I thought republicans wanted small government and less business oversight? Until it goes against their philosophy of Unions....hypocrites. Let the free market prevail and let the people make their choice without interference or threats. But oh well, the majority spoke and they voted down the Union, that is the way the vote went and they have to live with it. They are the ones working for less then $20 an hour while union UAW workers make a lot ore than that.
You have to ask yourself a serious question though, why are there so many outside interests worried about whether 1 company in 1 state votes in a union or not? Why would these groups spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on billboards and mailings and such? I can see the company do it, and workers opposed to a union in the company do it, I get that, but why would outside interests spend their money? Things that make you go hmmm!
The Republicans hate Unions because they primarily support Democrats. The Kentucky Republicans were terrified that if that plant went union others could too. Workers were buffaloed and believed what they heard. Strange how people vote against their own best interests.
Dom

Chicago, IL

#24 Feb 19, 2014
The folks in TN have seen what the unions did to Detroit and what the unions are doing to Illinois - they are smart enough to say no to the UAW.
Union Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on

United States

#27 Feb 19, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't lie "hold on" just making a point. Your the one that goes into deep detail on everything. The point was the union benefits are not that great compared to what management gets. Since you pick everything apart I clarified the finer details for you. I'm not changing the story as I go. Just didn't want to get that deep into it. Should have known you would analyze it under a microscope. Do me a favor. Start analyzing what Obama says and does like this. You will recognize what neighbor and I are trying to educate you on! LOL!
And you still don't get the point. You are laborer driver aka a worker bee. Do you really believe that without your union you would be making the 100k a year you brag about or have those retirement benefits. The point has always been that you bite that hand that feeds and feeds you well. You want all the goodies but you want to pretend you are against unions. Sorry it's a tit for tat situation. You want to run off at the mouth. But you don't back up that talk with action. Same crap you have been doing for 3 years. When it serves your purpose you boast about it. But yet you want all others to do without. Sorry that don't cut it with me.
Hold on

United States

#29 Feb 19, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
The union has outlived it's purpose. If it was needed..........participation would not be at 5%? Plus look at all the states it bankrupted......like the one we are living in?
Oh wise professor please tell me in what year did the unions outlive their purpose. And name the states that are bankrupt and how the unions are at fault. Your statements are outrageous. I eagerly await your wisdom.
Hold on

United States

#31 Feb 20, 2014
Yes in typical fashion you made a ridiculous statement I ask you to answer and you head sideways because you know you can't answer. Right out of the play book

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
breaking news!!!!! 1 hr Moose and Squirre... 200
manhattan township road commissioner 2 hr ONlooker 7
The Solution to Health Care 8 hr True Dat 22
Your Car 8 hr MPMMB 72
Is the Republican Party fit to Govern? 8 hr True Dat 12
Trump making it great 8 hr MPMMB 16
Hey Liberals! Are you at all aware.... 9 hr MPMMB 62

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance