Herald News Openline Sucks

Herald News Openline Sucks

Posted in the Joliet Forum

CC Ryder

Blackstone, IL

#1 Jan 4, 2013
Here's a question. How many of you out there tried to put a comment on Harold news Openline that may have been somewhat controversial. It appears that the only type of comments that they want are those that go along an agenda of the topic which they promote. What I understand this was supposed to have been a fourm for people to speak out about issues that concern them, but if you go against what they believe it appears that they will not allow your voice.
I like to hear from others who have not had their comments posted on their forums.
Liberty

Frankfort, IL

#2 Jan 4, 2013
CC Ryder wrote:
Here's a question. How many of you out there tried to put a comment on Harold news Openline that may have been somewhat controversial. It appears that the only type of comments that they want are those that go along an agenda of the topic which they promote. What I understand this was supposed to have been a fourm for people to speak out about issues that concern them, but if you go against what they believe it appears that they will not allow your voice.
I like to hear from others who have not had their comments posted on their forums.
I completely agree!! I have had carefully thought out, non-vulgar comments removed and I am sure it is simply because they did not like my opinion. Freedom of speech? Not at all.
CC Ryder

Blackstone, IL

#3 Jan 4, 2013
Liberty wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree!! I have had carefully thought out, non-vulgar comments removed and I am sure it is simply because they did not like my opinion. Freedom of speech? Not at all.
Liberty,
Yep, I've done the same this and with the same results. The moderator gets a hold of it and then your post never gets put up in the forum for discussion.
How silly we are thinking we have freedom of speech.
coco

Clearwater, FL

#4 Jan 5, 2013
CC Ryder wrote:
<quoted text>Liberty,
Yep, I've done the same this and with the same results. The moderator gets a hold of it and then your post never gets put up in the forum for discussion.
How silly we are thinking we have freedom of speech.
It's always the same hand full of
People who use open line and only
A couple of them know what they are
Talking about. The others just like to
See their name in the paper
CC Ryder

Wheaton, IL

#5 Jan 6, 2013
coco wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always the same hand full of
People who use open line and only
A couple of them know what they are
Talking about. The others just like to
See their name in the paper
Can you give an example of who you believe they are that know what they are talking about. Just wondering.
CC Ryder

Streator, IL

#6 Aug 22, 2013
Since recently it seems its gotten even harder to get an openline comment into the paper and getting a letter in their appears to be almost impossible.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#7 Aug 22, 2013
I didn't know it was still in publication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 29 min convict 3,976
haha 40 min Sunshine 13
Lory Lynch Meets Privately w Bill Clinton 1 hr Look in the mirror 2
Say NO to Syrian Refugees 1 hr Some guy 29
Clinton stretches lead over Trump to 14 points ... 1 hr TRUMP President o... 17
TRUMP in number one spot... (Jul '15) 1 hr TRUMP President o... 29
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 3 hr Halloween 10,566

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages