Junior Warriors Super Bowl
Knight Rider

Mokena, IL

#46 Nov 27, 2012
I see wrote:
<quoted text>
I see how it goes, playing on words referring to the best 8th grade football, basketball and baseball player in the town.
I think you're being a little generous on the title... But I understand because its your kid. We all think our kids are the best.

I'm glad we left your teamS so we don't have to hear you talk behind everyone's back. We are happy over here and no one wants to play for Mustangs. It's like the retarded step brother of the knights.
Kitt

Streator, IL

#47 Nov 27, 2012
Knight Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're being a little generous on the title... But I understand because its your kid. We all think our kids are the best.
I'm glad we left your teamS so we don't have to hear you talk behind everyone's back. We are happy over here and no one wants to play for Mustangs. It's like the retarded step brother of the knights.
Everyone has an opinion on knights warriors and mustangs. But you can't argue an 18-0 mustang season versus 3-4 losses by both the warrior and knights programs in a pretty weak River Valley League. Not to mention your schedules weren't the toughest this year. Manhattan and Junior Griffins aren't exactly quality WINs. But hey, you have all the answers, so who can you name better in the area?
LeGranQueso

Houston, TX

#48 Nov 27, 2012
I won't throw stones or call anyone retarded.

However, I can say clearly that the New Lenox Mustang Heavyweight team had fun this season, they won all their games and the kids learned a lot about football.
Isn't that the goal of youth athletics?...to have fun and to learn about the sport? If you win along the way...that is a good thing too. The 2012 New Lenox Mustang Heavyweights did a whole lot of that!

Members of the 2012 Mustang Heavyweights were the FIRST to finish a season undefeated at that level in history of the program. Considering the success of the program and the success of the schools they have fed over the last 40+ years; that is quite an accomplishment!

Congrats to ALL the teams in New Lenox. The kids, parents and Coaches for all the teams deserve kudos and congratulations for a season of hard work and success.

Don't hate. Jealousy is so unbecoming.
well said

Streator, IL

#49 Nov 27, 2012
LeGranQueso wrote:
However, I can say clearly that the New Lenox Mustang Heavyweight team had fun this season, they won all their games and the kids learned a lot about football.
Isn't that the goal of youth athletics?...to have fun and to learn about the sport? If you win along the way...that is a good thing too. The 2012 New Lenox Mustang Heavyweights did a whole lot of that!
Members of the 2012 Mustang Heavyweights were the FIRST to finish a season undefeated at that level in history of the program. Considering the success of the program and the success of the schools they have fed over the last 40+ years; that is quite an accomplishment!
Congrats to ALL the teams in New Lenox. The kids, parents and Coaches for all the teams deserve kudos and congratulations for a season of hard work and success.
Well said! There will be jealous people out there, especially when the kids that helped carry the team were playing in other programs the year before.
Okay

Calumet City, IL

#50 Nov 27, 2012
Kitt wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has an opinion on knights warriors and mustangs. But you can't argue an 18-0 mustang season versus 3-4 losses by both the warrior and knights programs in a pretty weak River Valley League. Not to mention your schedules weren't the toughest this year. Manhattan and Junior Griffins aren't exactly quality WINs. But hey, you have all the answers, so who can you name better in the area?
"Weak River Valley"? I don't think so. First of all NLYFA did not play either of those teams until a few did in playoffs. And the Junior Griffins are a building program and most of the them came from (you know where) same league the Mustangs come from.
So lets see, Mustangs have a maximum weight of 175-180lbs (not sure on that one) but yet they have two squads, one for little 8th graders and one for big 8th graders. AND THEY ALL WANT TO CARRY THE BALL! Or at least their parents want them to.
River Valley (NLYFA) maximum weight is 220-225lbs I believe, and all the 8th graders play on the same team, except for those who might be under 100lbs. Now there are rules who can carry the ball and who can't and with a striper rule some have to play at certain positions. So who benefits? I guess as long as your kid is happy thats all that matters.
By the way, I do believe that some of the teams from NLYFA tried to schedule some practice games with Mustang teams (8th grade teams) and Mustang coach said no thanks.
High School is right around the corner for those 8th graders, parents, have fun trying to deal with a high school football coach. No matter where you decide to send your kid.
Peter Brady

Frankfort, IL

#51 Nov 27, 2012
Okay wrote:
<quoted text>"Weak River Valley"? I don't think so. First of all NLYFA did not play either of those teams until a few did in playoffs. And the Junior Griffins are a building program and most of the them came from (you know where) same league the Mustangs come from.
So lets see, Mustangs have a maximum weight of 175-180lbs (not sure on that one) but yet they have two squads, one for little 8th graders and one for big 8th graders. AND THEY ALL WANT TO CARRY THE BALL! Or at least their parents want them to.
River Valley (NLYFA) maximum weight is 220-225lbs I believe, and all the 8th graders play on the same team, except for those who might be under 100lbs. Now there are rules who can carry the ball and who can't and with a striper rule some have to play at certain positions. So who benefits? I guess as long as your kid is happy thats all that matters.
By the way, I do believe that some of the teams from NLYFA tried to schedule some practice games with Mustang teams (8th grade teams) and Mustang coach said no thanks.
High School is right around the corner for those 8th graders, parents, have fun trying to deal with a high school football coach. No matter where you decide to send your kid.
In the end the bottom line is that we have two great programs in New Lenox and they have different weight divisions than the other so that gives kids more options. And they and there parents have to decide what best fits for them. Just remember puberty when it comes to the 8th graders. Some are already there, and then comes high school and others catch up size wise or pass them by. Its all about heart and playing the game, not ego's or pleasing the parents ego's.
sorryimsuchanass hole

United States

#52 Nov 27, 2012
well said wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! There will be jealous people out there, especially when the kids that helped carry the team were playing in other programs the year before.
uuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm....ma ybe you should check your facts i may be mistaken but im pretty sure the mustangs we're lead by a slou of returning starters from last years team....if your refering to the man child at wr i agree he was quite a nice addition to their team but i am also positive that the majority of the team had been brought up through the program and i am also pretty sure that their qb an rb were 3rd year heavyweights.....lets get real people the warriors and knights are playing second fiddle to the national champs not only this year but every year...i can only say that because i have been around all 3 programs and can tell you 1st hand that the coaching at the mustangs is far more complex....
wow

Chicago, IL

#53 Nov 27, 2012
Okay wrote:
<quoted text>"Weak River Valley"? I don't think so. First of all NLYFA did not play either of those teams until a few did in playoffs. And the Junior Griffins are a building program and most of the them came from (you know where) same league the Mustangs come from.
My mom can beat up your mom. Adults, what morons.
Idea

Chicago, IL

#54 Nov 27, 2012
LeGranQueso wrote:
How about a charity tournament at the end of the year between the teams from New Lenox, proceeds ca be used to buy the kids better helmets so they ont end up brain dead like the parentsof this forum.
Congrats

Mokena, IL

#55 Nov 27, 2012
Does it really matter what team your kids play for? Congratulations to ALL the New Lenox teams. Congrats to the kids for just getting out there to have fun and learn the sport!
sorryimsuchanass hole

United States

#56 Nov 27, 2012
Okay wrote:
the mustangs were scheduled to play the kights or warriors after the regular season but they pussed out when they heard they were undefeated...citing concussion's as the issue...i think they were just scared to get their shit handed to them by the best team in the area
papa schaper

United States

#57 Nov 27, 2012
I am Rolling Over In My Grave listing to all you idiots
Really

Calumet City, IL

#58 Nov 28, 2012
sorryimsuchanasshole wrote:
<quoted text>
the mustangs were scheduled to play the kights or warriors after the regular season but they pussed out when they heard they were undefeated...citing concussion's as the issue...i think they were just scared to get their shit handed to them by the best team in the area
Now thats funny..You figure it out.
something said

Streator, IL

#59 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
uuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm....ma ybe you should check your facts i may be mistaken but im pretty sure the mustangs we're lead by a slou of returning starters from last years team....if your refering to the man child at wr i agree he was quite a nice addition to their team but i am also positive that the majority of the team had been brought up through the program and i am also pretty sure that their qb an rb were 3rd year heavyweights.....lets get real people the warriors and knights are playing second fiddle to the national champs not only this year but every year...i can only say that because i have been around all 3 programs and can tell you 1st hand that the coaching at the mustangs is far more complex....
It was pretty obvious from watching the heavy weight games that the "man child" wide receiver, the running back from Joliet, and the Kicker/running back were the key athletes on the team. The rest of the players were good, but these guys three really stood out! And I was at every game
Cogs

Calumet City, IL

#60 Nov 28, 2012
something said wrote:
<quoted text>
It was pretty obvious from watching the heavy weight games that the "man child" wide receiver, the running back from Joliet, and the Kicker/running back were the key athletes on the team. The rest of the players were good, but these guys three really stood out! And I was at every game
Yep and I hope the parents of the "man child" understand that no matter where they send him to high school, that when the varsity head coach see's him, he will tell the freshmen coaches to make sure that young man has his hand in the ground on the offensive line. Because thats where he will be. Maybe lucky enough to be a tight end and catch the ball like mom and dad want. But he also can be a great defensive end. Hope he's not done growing.
sorryimsuchanass hole

United States

#61 Nov 28, 2012
something said wrote:
<quoted text>

So the greatest QB in the history of New Lenox youth football does't deserve a mention....while ill mention him...his name is Conner Lowman and the kid is gonna play on saturdays for sure and maybe even on sundays....Also if u were at every game and ur a football fan, than of course u know that all of those players are irrelevant with out those big hogs up front.....and any one who would turn randy moss into and o line man is delusional
Cogs

Calumet City, IL

#62 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>.
So the greatest QB in the history of New Lenox youth football does't deserve a mention....while ill mention him...his name is Conner Lowman and the kid is gonna play on saturdays for sure and maybe even on sundays....Also if u were at every game and ur a football fan, than of course u know that all of those players are irrelevant with out those big hogs up front.....and any one who would turn randy moss into and o line man is delusional
We'll just have to wait and see...Beside's, the only way you will see anyone play on Saturday is going to have to go through the o-line.
sorryimsuchanass hole

United States

#63 Nov 28, 2012
Cogs wrote:
<quoted text>We'll just have to wait and see...Beside's, the only way you will see anyone play on Saturday is going to have to go through the o-line.
I feel for ya....I would be sore too, if I put all my eggs into the Brendan O basket, and then a year later this Steve Young pops his head up looking for a place to call home....
LeGrandeQueso

Houston, TX

#64 Nov 28, 2012
I saw every game the Mustangs played this year too. They were a complete team. I would venture to say that any team would have a difficult time handling them. They were the complete package. Offensively, it was only a matter of time till they exposed a weakness and scored. Once they did it was like a Dam breaking. They had many weapons: The "Man child wide out," "the RB from joliet," the "Kicker/ WR," "the TE" and the QB, who at times finished the O co-ordinators sentences; were lead by an extremely intelligent, physical, quick group of hog mollies up front! Points came in bunches! Defensively they were lights out. Even their special teams (where most youth coaches merely give the proverbial "wink n a gun") were spectacular...(How do they get that fake punt off time after time?)
I agree with "Sphincter;" (cant call him an A--H---). Conner Lowman is the greatest QB in the history of the New Lenox Mustang program- He set a new standard. That is a heck of a statement considering The Paus brothers both played in the PAC 10 and Robert Cruz won 3 state titles at Providence.

Last time there was this much talent coming out of the program you would have to look back to the 1992/1993 seasons. The following years at Providence and Lincoln Way saw 4 consecutive titles for the Celtics and back to back trips downstate for LWC! Those teams Mustang Heavyweight teams went 19-1 and 18-1 respectively. Keep these kids together or just split between 2 schools and you have a chance at being back in the State Finals again in a few years.

Trivia: Anyone care to name the team that beat those 1992/1993 teams?

My congratulations to all the teams in New Lenox. The kids and coaches know who the best team was. I would ask the HS coaches...who was better. I wonder if you could get an honest answer. The Jr Knights and Mustang Coaches know the real story why they didnt play. I was told it was due to a large amount of concussions suffered on the side of the Jr. Knights.
wow

Streator, IL

#65 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>.
This must be his crazy mom, many have heard about you. 8th grade football is a long way from Saturday's and even longer from Sunday's. BUT I am sure you think he is the next Dion Sanders or Bo Jackson (Pro Football and Pro Baseball) Maybe Notre Dame and Alabama are knocking at your door

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moneyed elites get richer the old-fashioned way... (Oct '15) 8 min Tuck Frump 26
Bin Laden's brother lived in Trump Tower, gave ... 30 min Tuck Frump 4
Now we know WHY Trump won't release his tax rec... 34 min Jus Sayin 3
AWESOME! The Senate is going to FORCE.... 47 min Really 17
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr Halloween 10,690
Burger King: Lockport review (Jul '15) 6 hr Lockport 33
Hillary is deplorable 10 hr taco 17

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages