Haven commons construction mess

Haven commons construction mess

Posted in the Joliet Forum

Digger Dan

Orland Park, IL

#1 Dec 29, 2013
The construction company has turned Haven and Rt 30 into a complete mud hole. They need to be held responsible to clean the streets.
dope

Frankfort, IL

#2 Dec 29, 2013
Digger Dan wrote:
The construction company has turned Haven and Rt 30 into a complete mud hole. They need to be held responsible to clean the streets.
don't drive in that area
Bunch of bags

New Lenox, IL

#3 Dec 29, 2013
Digger Dan wrote:
The Village should hold the construction company responsible for having those vehicles in the construction area hose off their tires. When they built the WalMart they had a machine that scrubbed all the tires before they hit Rt 30. They better do something!
Bunch of bags

New Lenox, IL

#4 Dec 29, 2013
They should lay a bunch of gravel or crushed stone. Idiots!
nl resident

Mokena, IL

#5 Dec 29, 2013
This project never should have happened in the first place. Way to many other areas in New Lenox where this could have been built. Instead, they ruin the look and property values of this historic home and others in this area. It looks bad now and it will look bad when they are finished.
Neighborly

Frankfort, IL

#6 Dec 29, 2013
Bunch of bags wrote:
<quoted text> The Village should hold the construction company responsible for having those vehicles in the construction area hose off their tires. When they built the WalMart they had a machine that scrubbed all the tires before they hit Rt 30. They better do something!
You're totally right. The Village needs to make that construction company clean up its act.

As much as I dislike Walmart, their construction project didn't leave Rt.30 a streaky, muddy mess as this day care project is doing. Made the mistake of taking Haven to 30 yesterday to go to BOA's ATM & then went west on 30. The road was nothing but mud ruts almost to Vine.
The Original Dollar Bill

New Lenox, IL

#7 Dec 29, 2013
The mud left after skid steer loader tried to clean up was slick as ice and made for unsafe driving conditions.
I street cleaning sweeper should have been in site to properly clean roadway.
I'm disappointed this slipped by the Village but in their defense it was Saturday.
John

New Lenox, IL

#8 Dec 30, 2013
Ruane construction must know the mayor? What professional company makes a mess like that???? what a joke!!!! What's even funnier is the bobcat making a bigger mess attempting to clean it up. What would've happened if somebody wrecked? Poor planning New Lenox Officials....... Of course, this whole project has been sneaky from the start....
The Original Dollar Bill

New Lenox, IL

#9 Dec 30, 2013
John wrote:
Ruane construction must know the mayor? What professional company makes a mess like that???? what a joke!!!! What's even funnier is the bobcat making a bigger mess attempting to clean it up. What would've happened if somebody wrecked? Poor planning New Lenox Officials....... Of course, this whole project has been sneaky from the start....
Ruane and professional company in the same sentance,huh! I'm in the business, Ruane is far from professional.
Need vision

New Lenox, IL

#10 Jan 2, 2014
I don't understand the lack of vision in this community! This is an historic town-build on that!!! Instead, we get a low rent haven with WALMART!!! Come on Mayor and Trustees! Is this all the people here are worth? I know more worthy things are going into Frankfort and Mokena, but can you blame the retailers? They are now going yo he more attracted to their tubes because trey have nice stores. We have the history, close to the expressway, good schools-trump it up!! Stop allowing low rent garbage because that is what the town will become. For Pete sake it looks like Crestwood on Rte. 30. Build up a downturn with unique shops! Get more restaurants and a local restaurant/bar so people can get to know each other. How about a play place/Children's museum? Vision! Get some!
Need vision

New Lenox, IL

#11 Jan 2, 2014
Sorry for the typos-you get the point!
NL Parent 72

United States

#12 Jan 3, 2014
Need vision wrote:
I don't understand the lack of vision in this community! This is an historic town-build on that!!! Instead, we get a low rent haven with WALMART!!! Come on Mayor and Trustees! Is this all the people here are worth? I know more worthy things are going into Frankfort and Mokena, but can you blame the retailers? They are now going yo he more attracted to their tubes because trey have nice stores. We have the history, close to the expressway, good schools-trump it up!! Stop allowing low rent garbage because that is what the town will become. For Pete sake it looks like Crestwood on Rte. 30. Build up a downturn with unique shops! Get more restaurants and a local restaurant/bar so people can get to know each other. How about a play place/Children's museum? Vision! Get some!
You are correct on all points. Instead of all the recent additions like portillos, IHOP , jersey mikes, we should have gotten a higher class eating establishment, maybe a good steak place. But the children's museum or a community pool would be welcomed, not this monstrosity of a police department that is being built. We don't need a Ross and a TJ maxx in the same town. Poor thinking. I guess that area will be our version of high class shopping. And don't get me started on the loop of shame aka the commons where we have nothing but the Taj Mahal to be in awe of.
Sack of nuts

New Lenox, IL

#13 Jan 3, 2014
NL Parent 72 wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct on all points. Instead of all the recent additions like portillos, IHOP , jersey mikes, we should have gotten a higher class eating establishment, maybe a good steak place. But the children's museum or a community pool would be welcomed, not this monstrosity of a police department that is being built. We don't need a Ross and a TJ maxx in the same town. Poor thinking. I guess that area will be our version of high class shopping. And don't get me started on the loop of shame aka the commons where we have nothing but the Taj Mahal to be in awe of.
Earth to NL Parent 72. This is New Lenox not Naperville. There is more trash in this town than you realize. Just look at the Aldi, Goodwill and Walmart parking lots. Always full of NL trash. Are you too dumb to realize NL is chock full of hillbillies and trash?
na na na

Lake Forest, IL

#15 Jan 3, 2014
Sack of nuts wrote:
<quoted text> Earth to NL Parent 72. This is New Lenox not Naperville. There is more trash in this town than you realize. Just look at the Aldi, Goodwill and Walmart parking lots. Always full of NL trash. Are you too dumb to realize NL is chock full of hillbillies and trash?
Well you are here, guess that says it all.
nl resident

Mokena, IL

#16 Jan 3, 2014
NL Parent 72 wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct on all points. Instead of all the recent additions like portillos, IHOP , jersey mikes, we should have gotten a higher class eating establishment, maybe a good steak place. But the children's museum or a community pool would be welcomed, not this monstrosity of a police department that is being built. We don't need a Ross and a TJ maxx in the same town. Poor thinking. I guess that area will be our version of high class shopping. And don't get me started on the loop of shame aka the commons where we have nothing but the Taj Mahal to be in awe of.
There's a Ross and TJ Maxx in both Orland and in Naperville. There's also nothing wrong with IHOP, Jersey Mikes or Portillo's. It's a big fat no on the community pool. If you've got so much money then put in your own pool. Community pools are a huge liability with high operational costs. I sure don't need my taxes going up even more to pay for a useless pool for people to dump their kids at. We have two high schools with very nice pools that we are paying for, that's good enough.
Need vision

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 3, 2014
I would not like a community pool since I see so many everywhere in neighborhoods. I guess just looking into better shopping. I know we are not Naperville but for goodness sake lets not scream that we are a trashy town that doesn't deserve a fine mix of business.
nl resident wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a Ross and TJ Maxx in both Orland and in Naperville. There's also nothing wrong with IHOP, Jersey Mikes or Portillo's. It's a big fat no on the community pool. If you've got so much money then put in your own pool. Community pools are a huge liability with high operational costs. I sure don't need my taxes going up even more to pay for a useless pool for people to dump their kids at. We have two high schools with very nice pools that we are paying for, that's good enough.
Opinion

Chicago, IL

#18 Jan 5, 2014
John wrote:
Surprised they're not working today.....
1st amendment

Frankfort, IL

#19 Jan 5, 2014
MENARDS! MENARDS! When are they building that in new lenox? Tired of over priced Lowes,were you have to self check out cause they are too lazy to give customer service.
The Original Dollar Bill

New Lenox, IL

#20 Jan 5, 2014
1st amendment wrote:
MENARDS! MENARDS! When are they building that in new lenox? Tired of over priced Lowes,were you have to self check out cause they are too lazy to give customer service.
Wrong blog........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A question for the Mayor? 5 min change 162
bernie not a perv! teabaggers scared! 19 min Show me 14
Truth May Not Be Pretty 1 hr Neighbor 5
Another Big Box avoids Lockport 2 hr EJCDad 14
Clinton Cash 3 hr scirocco 113
Fb group? 3 hr Common Sense 13
Drug Test Deadbeats 3 hr Survey Says 17
More from around the web

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE