AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2007

Judged:

In June, 13 year old Haqikah Suggs was found murdered, her body partially burned, in Pilcher Park. She was in plain sight and found by passers-by. She was half naked, her head covered with a bag.

Last Sunday, August 26, another teenager, Kaylor Spells, 16, was found dead on a forest preserve trail in Lockport. She was also half naked and her face was beaten. She was also left in plain sight.

Both girls were raped.

The time line here is interesting. One happens in June. The police seemed to have made very little effort to find Suggs' murderer. He lays low for a couple of months, and when he figures he has gotten away with it, kills another girl.

I predict that if this predator is not caught, there will be another murder of yet another young girl by October or November. I suspect we have a serial killer in our county.

I have a daughter and I live in Lockport. It would be nice if the police would make a big effort to catch this rapist and killer.
happy gal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2007

Judged:

I have been interested in this case as well-I was very perplexed when the "family" of Miss Suggs stated that they didn't know her whereabouts a lot of the time because she stays at several different relatives houses!? A child that young should have had more "boundries" and disipline than that. It is so sad that some weirdo found her "unguarded". I feel for the family. I didn't know there was another child murdered-I guess we need to start to run those old T.V. ads again- "do you know where your children are?"
matt

Sterling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2007

Both half naked? Quite common in rapes cases - thats all the clothes necessary to remove.

If they are related the cops will know. They were both raped then there will be body fluid for comparison.

Why do you say the cops have made very little effort?

But, I too, certainly hope there is no serial rapist or killer out there.

Since: May 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Judged:

Dream Police wrote:
In June, 13 year old Haqikah Suggs was found murdered, her body partially burned, in Pilcher Park. She was in plain sight and found by passers-by. She was half naked, her head covered with a bag.
Last Sunday, August 26, another teenager, Kaylor Spells, 16, was found dead on a forest preserve trail in Lockport. She was also half naked and her face was beaten. She was also left in plain sight.
Both girls were raped.
The time line here is interesting. One happens in June. The police seemed to have made very little effort to find Suggs' murderer. He lays low for a couple of months, and when he figures he has gotten away with it, kills another girl.
I predict that if this predator is not caught, there will be another murder of yet another young girl by October or November. I suspect we have a serial killer in our county.
I have a daughter and I live in Lockport. It would be nice if the police would make a big effort to catch this rapist and killer.
Maybe they need to check the registered sex offender's list to see if any new offenders relocated to this area, or if any were released from prison around the time of the first murder.
DNA evidence would tell them if the same person did both crimes.
juanito de los Rios

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Stargazer1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they need to check the registered sex offender's list to see if any new offenders relocated to this area, or if any were released from prison around the time of the first murder.
DNA evidence would tell them if the same person did both crimes.
I wandered over here out of curiosity. I too noticed the similarities between the two cases. And Stargazer, I think you've made some excellent suggestions. I sure hope the police follow up on your ideas.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

juanito de los Rios wrote:
<quoted text>
I wandered over here out of curiosity. I too noticed the similarities between the two cases. And Stargazer, I think you've made some excellent suggestions. I sure hope the police follow up on your ideas.
hopefully they have already done that but you never know. Sometimes the obvious is right under your nose. You ever hear that old saying "the best place to hide is in the police station"?
Curious in Lockport

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Dream Police wrote:
Both girls were raped.
How do you know she was raped and beaten? I also live in Lockport and haven't heard a single news report reporting either a rape or ruling her death a homicide.

“Cubs win the world series!!”

Since: Aug 07

Planet Earth 41.51 N, 87.97 W

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Were the girls similar? Race, schools, family dynamics, religion, etc... Those are the questions that need to be answered. The fact that both girls were left in the open half dressed and not covered tells you it probably wasn't a family member. Family members usually don't want their "loved ones" to be found in a explicit manner. Burning the body shows it was a well calculated plan from someone trying to cover up their crime. Was the second girl burned? I'm sure the police have put a lot of time into these cases. Lack of evidence and sketchy family situations make things very dificult. People also need to realize police work is not like TV where they wrap it up in 1 hour. Tests take weeks not minutes. Most forensic labs are not right in the police station and are bogged down with lots of cases. CSI might be a fun show to watch but its not based in reality. Most smaller metropolitan areas, like the ones we live in, don't have the big budgets like Chicago or NY so the tools that are avialable to them are limited. We unfortunatley will just have to watch our children closely until either they catch this freak or more of our children are sacraficed and bigger agencies are brought in to help. It is a sad reality. I'm sure the Joliet and Lockport police are working to the best of their abilities to do what they can to solve these disturbing cases. My prayers go out to both families.
timwania lewis

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

[if you havent heard anything about maybe its because they didnt feel as if she was important enough to ran a story about her and i feel thats wrong i bet if she was a white girl you would have seen it in the papers until they caught the killer or killers

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

timwania lewis wrote:
[if you havent heard anything about maybe its because they didnt feel as if she was important enough to ran a story about her and i feel thats wrong i bet if she was a white girl you would have seen it in the papers until they caught the killer or killers
Ran a story about who? There was a story in the paper about the girl that was found in Dellwood Park. It's in the News section. And there was one about the girl that was found on Rt 6 a while back. Both girls were black. The one that was found recently had a little boy and the story pictured her mother talking about the little boy not understanding what is going on. Read it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

The story is in the News section of the Lockport forum and there is already a thread started there. Here is the link to the story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-...
Curious in Lockport

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

I think Tiwannia was referring to my post about how we haven't heard ANYTHING about a CAUSE OF DEATH and the manner in which her body was found in ANY news reports. They just say her body was found and the death is ruled "suspicious."

Since it was not reported that Kaylor Spells was beaten, half clothed, or raped, so my question is how does anyone know this information? Where is the information about her cause of death, whether she was raped, etc. found?

You can't report something like that without stating a SOURCE so what's your source?

Since: Sep 07

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

jdog56 wrote:
Were the girls similar? Race, schools, family dynamics, religion, etc... Those are the questions that need to be answered.
News articles on both girls indicate they were both black, junior high school students. It appears they both grew up a bit fast. The 13-year old being shifted from family to family was at a drinking party the night of her disappearance and the 16-year old already having a 20-month old son. Another coincidence is that separate articles say that they both attended Hufford Junior High School in Joliet at one point in time.

Where did you get the information on the beating and rape of Kaylor Spells? The coroner only lists her death as "suspicious" at this time and the media has not released any information as far as her cause of death or whether or not she was raped.

Where did you guys see/hear that information?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Curious in Lockport wrote:
I think Tiwannia was referring to my post about how we haven't heard ANYTHING about a CAUSE OF DEATH and the manner in which her body was found in ANY news reports. They just say her body was found and the death is ruled "suspicious."
Since it was not reported that Kaylor Spells was beaten, half clothed, or raped, so my question is how does anyone know this information? Where is the information about her cause of death, whether she was raped, etc. found?
You can't report something like that without stating a SOURCE so what's your source?
All I did was point out the fact that there is a story in the paper about the girl in Dellwood Park. If you go to the News section for the Lockport Forum you will find it there. That is where it talks about the girl, her son, and the fact that they are not releasing any information about her death. THAT is my SOURCE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Dream Police wrote:
Both girls were raped.
Please tell us where you got the information about the girl found in Dellwood Park. There was no reports of her manner of death or how she was found. So if you have inside information, I suggest you keep it to yourself. That could impede a police investigation if it is revealed. There is a reason that the police don't release ALL the information about a crime. If you can't understand that then you shouldn't speak about things unless you are absolutely sure it is meant to be made public.
Jameelah Suggs

Park Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Dream Police wrote:
Both girls were raped.
Hey i am Haqikah's sister Jameelah i honestly i agree with you the murders were pretty common. And who ever did it preys after young teens. Leaving them dead and half naked. I cry everyday because i am scared for me and every other teenager. DON'T NOOO child deserve that. So who ever did is CRAZY don't care about the family feeling the person must has nothing to live for i don't know. But i do know who ever did it NEEDS to BE CAUGHT ASAP before he preys on a girl.
Curious in Lockport

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

Stargazer1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I did was point out the fact that there is a story in the paper about the girl in Dellwood Park. If you go to the News section for the Lockport Forum you will find it there. That is where it talks about the girl, her son, and the fact that they are not releasing any information about her death. THAT is my SOURCE.
Stargazer, I understand all that. I've already read every article on both of these cases, but I'm especially interested in the Dellwood Park case because I live about 3 blocks away from the park.
What I was asking was where is the source of information for the details of the death that were shown in the first post. I've seen the other, more vague, articles, but nothing indicating anything about cause of death or a rape.
As far as I've read, there have been NO DETAILS of Kaylor Spells' death released to the public. I see that you've already replied to the first poster about that, so apparently this information isn't common knowledge and wasn't released to the media.
So where did the first poster get the information that she was "half naked" and her "face was beaten" and that she was raped? I'm still curious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

Curious in Lockport wrote:
<quoted text>
Stargazer, I understand all that. I've already read every article on both of these cases, but I'm especially interested in the Dellwood Park case because I live about 3 blocks away from the park.
What I was asking was where is the source of information for the details of the death that were shown in the first post. I've seen the other, more vague, articles, but nothing indicating anything about cause of death or a rape.
As far as I've read, there have been NO DETAILS of Kaylor Spells' death released to the public. I see that you've already replied to the first poster about that, so apparently this information isn't common knowledge and wasn't released to the media.
So where did the first poster get the information that she was "half naked" and her "face was beaten" and that she was raped? I'm still curious.
I have my doubts about the validity of that person's statement. Could be speculation, could be an assumption that because of the area that is what happened. No information has been released yet about the girl in Dellwood other than her age and what the article quoted her mother on. It's possible that the police are withholding information, waiting to see if anyone starts bragging. It has been done in the past and with some degree of success. There is always some shred of evidence that only the killer knows and when that person starts talking or bragging about what happened, he will be caught.
dee10134

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

I am SO sorry for your loss. Your sister and your family is in my prayers. I pray they will catch the animal that did this to your sister and pray that the police get him soon so he doesn't do this to anyone else.
dream police

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2007

jdog56 wrote:
Were the girls similar? Race, schools, family dynamics, religion, etc... Those are the questions that need to be answered. The fact that both girls were left in the open half dressed and not covered tells you it probably wasn't a family member. Family members usually don't want their "loved ones" to be found in a explicit manner. Burning the body shows it was a well calculated plan from someone trying to cover up their crime. Was the second girl burned? I'm sure the police have put a lot of time into these cases. Lack of evidence and sketchy family situations make things very dificult. People also need to realize police work is not like TV where they wrap it up in 1 hour. Tests take weeks not minutes. Most forensic labs are not right in the police station and are bogged down with lots of cases. CSI might be a fun show to watch but its not based in reality. Most smaller metropolitan areas, like the ones we live in, don't have the big budgets like Chicago or NY so the tools that are avialable to them are limited. We unfortunatley will just have to watch our children closely until either they catch this freak or more of our children are sacraficed and bigger agencies are brought in to help. It is a sad reality. I'm sure the Joliet and Lockport police are working to the best of their abilities to do what they can to solve these disturbing cases. My prayers go out to both families.
Both girls were black, one 13 and one 16. Both girls were found on a forest preserve trail--not hidden and grotesquely posed--as if the murderer was proud of his "works of art." The girls were foudn within five miles of each other. Both were found on a Sunday (I believe). The latest girl had her face beaten in, and "other violence" to her person, but I've heard from a reliable source (from the media) that she was raped. I did not hear she was burned, but everything else is eerily similar.

The reason you are not hearing things in the paper or on the news is because the police do not want to let out details due to the similarity of the two cases. They're waiting for someone to say something that the general public wouldn't know. Or to confess. That leads me to believe they suspect a serial type of murderer.

And whoever said it wasn't priority because the girls were black is right. And that's a damned shame. But still, the police are nervous over these murders because it does seem to indicate the murderer may strike again and perhaps sooner than it took for the second girl to be killed.

And one more thing. The girls may have been "wild," but that doesn't excuse the murderer. They didn't deserve to die.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Will County was issued at August 22 at 8:18AM CDT

•••
•••
Joliet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••