Lincolnway Central Varsity Baseball #1

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 72
Next Last
Knights Fan

Mokena, IL

#1 Feb 21, 2011
Lincolnway Central Varsity Baseball will dominate this year with their pitching. They have a new coaching staff led by Driscoll's finest, Head Coach Beatermann. Their fielding will be good also. If they can generate runs with their bats, they have a chance to win it all. They have 5 starting pitchers who can dominate on the mound. I expect Joe, Grant, and both Matt's to dominate on the mound as starters. I watched the summer game when Joe went the distance, shutting down Providences top ranked hitting game. The other boys also had similar outings pitching. Keep an eye on LWC Baseball this summer. Go KNIGHTS.
Ranks

Mokena, IL

#2 Feb 22, 2011
Who is predicted to win it all?
Celtics 1

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2011
Ranks wrote:
Who is predicted to win it all?
Providence is ranked number one. The Lincolnway pitcher did shut our hitting down and threw an excellent game against us this past summer. He can't pitch every game for lincolnway. It will be a interesting baseball season. Good luck lwc.
common sense

Western Springs, IL

#4 Feb 22, 2011
Its a game of inches. And it aint over till its over.I dont care who is number one on paper. Thats why you play the games. Good luck all.
LWCFAN

Naperville, IL

#5 Feb 22, 2011
Celtics 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Providence is ranked number one. The Lincolnway pitcher did shut our hitting down and threw an excellent game against us this past summer. He can't pitch every game for lincolnway. It will be a interesting baseball season. Good luck lwc.
Do you mean the summer games after the regular baseball season? Most of the boys are in football from both schools. If so, both schools were missing their key players.
LWCFAN

Naperville, IL

#6 Feb 22, 2011
Celtics 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,it will be an interesting season.My grandson played varsity baseball last year, he was not a pitcher, but he saw alot of playing time on the field. You can count on him to get on base as well. I was at most of his regular season and summer games. I don't remember who pitched the Providence game off hand. But during the summer all the pitchers and the infield players were at football practice. So it is no surprise to me that Providence won that game. Celtic fan, you can hardly call that a fair game.
Knights Fan

Mokena, IL

#7 Feb 22, 2011
LWCFAN wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,it will be an interesting season.My grandson played varsity baseball last year, he was not a pitcher, but he saw alot of playing time on the field. You can count on him to get on base as well. I was at most of his regular season and summer games. I don't remember who pitched the Providence game off hand. But during the summer all the pitchers and the infield players were at football practice. So it is no surprise to me that Providence won that game. Celtic fan, you can hardly call that a fair game.
LWC won the game against Providence. It was close. I believe the score was 6-3. The boys name who pitched for LWC was Joe. Not sure of his last name. It was a great game and Providence had all their key players for the game. They were great sports and congratulated our pitcher on a fine game pitched. I am looking forward to the baseball season with our new coaching staff. Good Luck to all teams. Go KNIGHTS
PC Baseball

United States

#9 Feb 23, 2011
The only good pitcher lwc has is Joe. He played for the Celtics before going to H.S. He plays for Cangelosi Baseball with my son also. He is a good ball player. Your fielding and hitting is no match for us. I don't think you guys have a strong enough team to finish on top. Good Luck!
curious me

Naperville, IL

#10 Feb 23, 2011
PC Baseball wrote:
The only good pitcher lwc has is Joe. He played for the Celtics before going to H.S. He plays for Cangelosi Baseball with my son also. He is a good ball player. Your fielding and hitting is no match for us. I don't think you guys have a strong enough team to finish on top. Good Luck!
Is he one of the lefty's for Central? The word on the street is to watch out for a couple of leftys on centrals varsity .
curious me

Naperville, IL

#11 Feb 23, 2011
Was he the freshman moved up last year? This kid had a weird last name.
Knight Fan

Mokena, IL

#12 Feb 23, 2011
Joe is a junior. He throws righty. LWC has some good pitching this year. Like I said before, if they generate runs with their bats, they will have a successful season. Go KNIGHTS!
Knights Fan

Mokena, IL

#13 Feb 23, 2011
The lefty pitchers on LWC are Grant and Matt. They have two more righty pitchers who are also studs. Their names are Matt. LWC has some deep pitching. I believe pitching is a big key to success.
Knights Fan

Mokena, IL

#14 Mar 4, 2011
LWC picked their team and are now practicing. Their pitching is going to be their success. Great pitching shuts down great hitting. I can't wait for the season to start.
Knights Fan 2

Naperville, IL

#15 Mar 4, 2011
Knights Fan wrote:
LWC picked their team and are now practicing. Their pitching is going to be their success. Great pitching shuts down great hitting. I can't wait for the season to start.
I agree! A great group of guys on the team. Their pitching will be outstanding, lets hope they get their bats going.I was sorry to hear about the boys that got cut, but I understand and agree with why he did it.
New Lenox Baseball

Mokena, IL

#16 Mar 4, 2011
Sorry Gents,

The team is going to suck like they did last Summer. The Coaches are confused and most of the real players who attend Central are not on the team. Great pitching does shut down great hitting when you can catch and defend. They do have some great pitching but the infield is very weak and outfield is a little weak. Weak defense and very weak hitting with good pitching will = a below 500 season. A 30 game season will look lik this. 12W and 18L. This is only if they get the decent pitching. Oh, not to mention the coaching problems they have. Zero Chemistry. My prediction is that the coaching staff will turnover after a head coach of four years will look back at a .333 win loss record. An opportunity for a state championship team at Central was lost with the politics and coaching staff of LW Central Baseball.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
West Baseball

Mokena, IL

#17 Mar 4, 2011
Don't just blame the Varsity Coach. The others at the Sophomore and Freshman Level blow as well. Coach D. knows little about baseball. Wait, I am being too nice. He sucks and having non baseball people at a school like LWC is like having teachers with GEDs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scout

Mokena, IL

#18 Mar 9, 2011
LWC cut varsity players and are bringing up junior classmen to play varsity. That will be a disaster for them. The politics on the team will implode before the season is over. Bieterman better quite listening to Korbel is he plans on keeping his job long term here. LWC does have some great pitching. The rest of their team is terrible. I feel bad for the pitchers. It will be a long season for them working their tails off on the mound while watching their defense and weak bats blow all the games for them. Anyone want to wager this?
this again

Naperville, IL

#19 Mar 10, 2011
Scout wrote:
LWC cut varsity players and are bringing up junior classmen to play varsity. That will be a disaster for them. The politics on the team will implode before the season is over. Bieterman better quite listening to Korbel is he plans on keeping his job long term here. LWC does have some great pitching. The rest of their team is terrible. I feel bad for the pitchers. It will be a long season for them working their tails off on the mound while watching their defense and weak bats blow all the games for them. Anyone want to wager this?
Listen, Steve Korbel has nothing to do with the decisions made by the varsity coach. His son was moved up because he deserved to be moved up. Coach Bieterman wants to win games,he will put his best on the field.Give his son a chance.
New Lenox Baseball

Mokena, IL

#20 Mar 11, 2011
The politics at LW Central is a joke. This again. Do you know how many good players are sick of the stupidity? Do you know all the talent that was discarded due to stupidity? Do you know all the good players who were not given a chance.

Put his best players on the field? He can't, they are not on the team. They have no one to blame but themselves. Stop listening to the tools and pull your heads out. Too late for this team.
Scout

Mokena, IL

#21 Mar 11, 2011
this again wrote:
<quoted text>Listen, Steve Korbel has nothing to do with the decisions made by the varsity coach. His son was moved up because he deserved to be moved up. Coach Bieterman wants to win games,he will put his best on the field.Give his son a chance.
OK Steve

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 72
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scotland's advice to America: 26 min MyPantiesMatchMyBra 1
The Secret on TrumpCare is NOW out! 48 min Welfare Country 27
Meet Trumps Mentor 1 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 3
3 Yrs Ago UNI Told Appalled she is screwed 1 hr Honestly 29
where is all the russian collusion news 1 hr Got Sharky 25
Please Governor. Have Illinois file Bankruptcy... 1 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 111
Helicopter 4 hr Resident for 56 3

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance