Tear Drop Cafe
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
New Lenox Native

Roselle, IL

#1 Jan 28, 2014
Any body else go here yet? Went last Saturday and not impressed!!! Maybe it was just me but the waitress seemed like she was doing me a favor by serving me. The table sitting next to my family was complaining that they didnt take credit cards. What kind of place doesnt take credit cards. I had a skillet with gravy so thick it tasted like pure flour. Wont be back!!
HDA216

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 29, 2014
I went there on a weekday morning and loved it. The waitress was attentive and polite. The food was very good and more reasonably priced than the restaurant that was there prior.
Frank Gray

El Paso, TX

#4 Jan 29, 2014
I haven't been to this particular spot but I am concerned about the local bakeries who are ripping us off. Case in point - I went to one near my home recently to order a bundt cake for my wife's birthday. The person behind the counter didn't speak great English so I drew her a picture of what I wanted. She seemed to understand and told me to come back in a few hours and she's have me taken care of. When I returned, I got the surprise of my life as the cake, which looked delicious, was topped with obscene images made form the icing. I explained to her that I wanted a simple bundt cake, which is her favorite, and didn't care for the male buttocks which adorned the top. She couldn't seem to understand and thought somehow I wanted a "butt cake." She insisted I pay full price because she'd spent the day creating this "masterpiece." I stormed out, of course, and felt like she had crapped in my face - literally. So I'm calling on city council to get involved because I suspect others have been similarly taken advantage of.
New Lenox Resident

New Lenox, IL

#5 Jan 29, 2014
Don't quit your day job, Frank. You'll never make it as a comedian.
Billy B

New Lenox, IL

#6 Jan 29, 2014
Place was ok can't see it lasting. They screwed my eggs up on my skillet not only once but twice..
Frank Gray

El Paso, TX

#7 Jan 29, 2014
New Lenox Resident wrote:
Don't quit your day job, Frank. You'll never make it as a comedian.
I don't have a day job which is why I can post about my exploits trying to get a cake. I work nights at the tortilla factory.
Doug N

New Lenox, IL

#8 Jan 29, 2014
Went Sunday ,Very disappointed!! Soup was salty and pancakes were rubbery!!
Chi-Town Dino

New Lenox, IL

#9 Jan 29, 2014
Frank Gray wrote:
I haven't been to this particular spot but I am concerned about the local bakeries who are ripping us off. Case in point - I went to one near my home recently to order a bundt cake for my wife's birthday. The person behind the counter didn't speak great English so I drew her a picture of what I wanted. She seemed to understand and told me to come back in a few hours and she's have me taken care of. When I returned, I got the surprise of my life as the cake, which looked delicious, was topped with obscene images made form the icing. I explained to her that I wanted a simple bundt cake, which is her favorite, and didn't care for the male buttocks which adorned the top. She couldn't seem to understand and thought somehow I wanted a "butt cake." She insisted I pay full price because she'd spent the day creating this "masterpiece." I stormed out, of course, and felt like she had crapped in my face - literally. So I'm calling on city council to get involved because I suspect others have been similarly taken advantage of.
You my friend, are an ideeit!
What

New Lenox, IL

#10 Jan 29, 2014
New Lenox Native wrote:
Any body else go here yet? Went last Saturday and not impressed!!! Maybe it was just me but the waitress seemed like she was doing me a favor by serving me. The table sitting next to my family was complaining that they didnt take credit cards. What kind of place doesnt take credit cards. I had a skillet with gravy so thick it tasted like pure flour. Wont be back!!
Went a couple times, took my credit card both times. Its breakfast food no different than the others around.
The Original Dollar Bill

New Lenox, IL

#11 Jan 29, 2014
Where is this cafe located?
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#12 Jan 29, 2014
This is fine dining in NL. Get used to it. They probably puked in the food of the OP. There isn't a decent place in NL to get food. How can you screw up eggs?
sally top

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 30, 2014
New Lenox Native wrote:
Liar liar pants on fire! They take credit cards and food is good as well as reasonable. You are just nasty! Former employer with a not so glowing record? Wouldn't surprise me if it were! They have a very poor reputation!
Backer

Darien, IL

#14 Jan 30, 2014
Love the chipotle eggs benedict!
Owner

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jan 31, 2014
WE TAKE EVERY FORM OF CREDIT CARDS AND WE HAVE SINCE THE DAY WE'VE BEEN OPEN. OUR MACHINE HAS NEVER BEEN DOWN EITHER.

We have put everything we have into this restaurant and we care about our service and the quality of our food more than we care about the money that we make. If there is something wrong with your dining experience we would appreciate it being brought to our attention so we can do whatever we can to make you happy.

Thank you everyone who left positive comments and for those who didn't we beg for you to come in and give us another chance to make it right.

Love, Teardrop Cafe :)
Professor

Mokena, IL

#17 Jan 31, 2014
Owner wrote:
WE TAKE EVERY FORM OF CREDIT CARDS AND WE HAVE SINCE THE DAY WE'VE BEEN OPEN. OUR MACHINE HAS NEVER BEEN DOWN EITHER.
We have put everything we have into this restaurant and we care about our service and the quality of our food more than we care about the money that we make. If there is something wrong with your dining experience we would appreciate it being brought to our attention so we can do whatever we can to make you happy.
Thank you everyone who left positive comments and for those who didn't we beg for you to come in and give us another chance to make it right.
I wish you the best! It's has to be tough running a business in this Obama economy! The negative people probably have never been to your establishment......and never will! Which is probably a good thing!
NEW LENOX GUY

Mokena, IL

#18 Jan 31, 2014
Owner wrote:
I have been living in NL for 20 years I have seen them come and go.....I am a professional chef in a major Chicago restaurant and have eaten my fair share of great and crap food.....I also am a food critic for the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Magazine .....yes....TEAR DROP CAFE is not a fine dining restaurant....they don't claim to be..........DUH....we all know that " I THINK " But the TEAR DROP CAFE IS A KEEPER....I have eaten there 8-10 times since they have opened and have paid with a credit card every time. Both my wife and I have not had an issue with our food.....like what we have experienced at other NL and Mokena restaurants. We really didn't know the girls that opened this place up....but, after our first time there they made us feel welcomed and comfortable. The food has always been hot and exactly the way we ordered it. The TEAR DROP CAFE is a great place for a reasonably priced good breakfast as well as lunch. I guess it doesn't surprise me that there are people complaining about them....must be the same people that like Country Charm, Cozy Cafe or Pepper Mill....Now there are three establishments that can disappear off the face of the earth and it wouldn't make a difference. The coffee is so bad at Country Charm there are people that bring there own.....enough said.....I know by my 30 years in food service there are people that will eat crap food because it obviously is better than what they can make. For all those people that did not like this place...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE WE WON'T MISS YOU OR YOUR BITCHING. Keep up the good work girls....you are all doing a great job.....Just remember this TEAR DROP CAFE, you can't please everyone....there are some people that just don't have good taste...That's why there is Country Charm, Cozy Cafe and Pepper. Mill.
The Original Dollar Bill

New Lenox, IL

#19 Jan 31, 2014
NEW LENOX GUY wrote:
<quoted text>I have been living in NL for 20 years I have seen them come and go.....I am a professional chef in a major Chicago restaurant and have eaten my fair share of great and crap food.....I also am a food critic for the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Magazine .....yes....TEAR DROP CAFE is not a fine dining restaurant....they don't claim to be..........DUH....we all know that " I THINK " But the TEAR DROP CAFE IS A KEEPER....I have eaten there 8-10 times since they have opened and have paid with a credit card every time. Both my wife and I have not had an issue with our food.....like what we have experienced at other NL and Mokena restaurants. We really didn't know the girls that opened this place up....but, after our first time there they made us feel welcomed and comfortable. The food has always been hot and exactly the way we ordered it. The TEAR DROP CAFE is a great place for a reasonably priced good breakfast as well as lunch. I guess it doesn't surprise me that there are people complaining about them....must be the same people that like Country Charm, Cozy Cafe or Pepper Mill....Now there are three establishments that can disappear off the face of the earth and it wouldn't make a difference. The coffee is so bad at Country Charm there are people that bring there own.....enough said.....I know by my 30 years in food service there are people that will eat crap food because it obviously is better than what they can make. For all those people that did not like this place...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE WE WON'T MISS YOU OR YOUR BITCHING. Keep up the good work girls....you are all doing a great job.....Just remember this TEAR DROP CAFE, you can't please everyone....there are some people that just don't have good taste...That's why there is Country Charm, Cozy Cafe and Pepper. Mill.
Get a grip. Your post is soooo negative.
Connie

Geneva, IL

#20 Jan 31, 2014
Doug N wrote:
Went Sunday ,Very disappointed!! Soup was salty and pancakes were rubbery!!
who in the hell has soup and pancakes stay at home with your boyfriend I heard the hotdogs taste like shit!
Connie

Geneva, IL

#21 Jan 31, 2014
Frank Gray wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a day job which is why I can post about my exploits trying to get a cake. I work nights at the tortilla factory.
frank is lonely has no friends sits at home and pulls his pud
Connie

Geneva, IL

#22 Jan 31, 2014
Owner wrote:
ur wife is hot can I lick her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Race 22 min McCains Trigger F... 2
Our Nation is Over 27 min Appalled 12
I'm Serious. That's an actual Wine.... 44 min coal miner 5
Why does the left Cry about White Supremists bu... 48 min Appalled 48
Illinois governor commercial 3 hr Ghostpepper 1
Own this Sharky 4 hr McCains Trigger F... 1
John McCain war pig 5 hr McCains Trigger F... 25

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance