Streit Refuses To Debate Turner

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chicken Little

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 26, 2013
I heard on the radio this morning that Steve Wimp Ass Streit refuses to debate Turner on the radio. Wow. What a man! You coward pu***!
NO NEED FOR HIM TO DEBATE

Lockport, IL

#2 Mar 26, 2013
Steve is having a town hall meeting tonight. Come on..be realistic. That is the boldest move any candidate could do. Steve can be asked anything and will answer it. Kelly is no candidate, he is a coward. He hasn't answered a question at the city council meeting/s that the public has asked in all the years he sat there. And suddenly, he wants to debate. It is an insult. You do not debate someone with old stale non development ideas. Steve has his own plan/s and will concentrate on them, not this groupie ideas of the past. It is the 2013 year, Kelly, not 1800's! Go Steve and who the hell listens to the radio!!!

Lockport, IL

#3 Mar 26, 2013
Chicken Little wrote:
I heard on the radio this morning that Steve Wimp Ass Streit refuses to debate Turner on the radio. Wow. What a man! You coward pu***!
Chicken Little...you are so desperate that all you talk about is this...when Steve talks about the future of Lockport...not swearing as he is too respectful...you are the wimp and all the names you can muster are yours, not ours. We love the possibility of Steve. TONIGHT IS THE TOWN HALL AT THE LTHS AND COME ONE COME ALL AND MEET STEVE AND YOU WILL VOTE FOR CHANGE. OR LOOK AROUND AND YOU CAN HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE NOW...NOTHING NEW IN SEVERAL YRS. IT IS TIME FOR A REAL PERSON TO LEAD US AGAIN! LIFE IS SHORT AND LOCKPORT DESERVES A REAL LEADER AND STEVE STREIT IS THAT LEADER. HAVE NO DOUBT HE WILL PROGRESS THIS TOWN WITH DEVELOPMENT. OUR NEIGHBORS HAVE IT AND WE WILL TO WITH HIM ONLY LEADING US.
Just a Resident

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 26, 2013
I agree what a wimp!!!! Do the debate so educated voter's know who's the better candidate.

Lockport, IL

#5 Mar 26, 2013
You have what Kelly can do...now listen tonight what Steve will do. It is as easy as can be. No need for set ups. Kelly already proved he had a SET UP FOR STEVE WITH HIS OWN FUND GIVING MODERATOR AND THE QUESTIONS. HOW UNINTELLIGENT A PERSON MUST BE THAT CAN'T SEE THAT. NOPE, DON'T AGREE, AND PEOPLE WILL COME AND LISTEN TO STEVE. THEY HAVE HEARD FROM TURNER...THE USUAL...NOTHING WHEN THE RESIDENTS ASKED. THEY GOT MADE FUN OF AND NO ANSWERS, JUST SPENT THEIR MONEY. IF I WERE STEVE, I WOULD BE SO OFFENDED BY THIS GUY THAT I WOULD KEEP GOING THE WAY I AM GOING AND IT IS ALL THE WAY TO VICTORY!!!!!! This town is tired of old cranks! And that includes foggies like Tom and Dick. It is time for Steve and a group of council people that will take Lockport to new heights! Go Steve! See you at the Town Hall tonight. Come on spies,,,you come too. you will....kelly has advised you....if you are a councilman of the minions you might be asked your plan, hehHaHa.
ProDevelopmentSt eve4Mayor

Lockport, IL

#6 Mar 26, 2013
Just a Resident wrote:
I agree what a wimp!!!! Do the debate so educated voter's know who's the better candidate.
First it is the water, then it is the chamber, then it is the debate, and on and on. Nothing new. old stale stuff. we want development!!1 we want Steve.
LKPT DESERVES DEVELOPMENT

Lockport, IL

#7 Mar 26, 2013
ProDevelopmentSteve4Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>First it is the water, then it is the chamber, then it is the debate, and on and on. Nothing new. old stale stuff. we want development!!1 we want Steve.
I think anyone who has watched the city council meetings knows that they are voting for Steve Streit. The message this council majority has sent to the citizens of Lockport is WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OVER YOU. IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY, KELLY. THE CITIZENS ARE IN CHARGE OF THE REPRESENTATION AND THEY DO NOT LIKE WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN NOR DO THEY LIKE WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN WHEN THEY LOOK THIS CITY OVER. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, IS DONE TO OUR SATISFACTION. I SAY THIS AFTER JUST GETTING BACK FROM A LUNCH ENGAGEMENT IN ROMEOVILLE AT A FINE DINING PLACE. LOCKPORT...YOU DESERVE DEVELOPMENT. LET'S VOTE FOR STEVE AND GET IT.
B Morris

Chicago, IL

#8 Mar 26, 2013
Please post pics from tonight. I can't be there. I have a dinner date with a VERY large male friend.
K the termite

Lockport, IL

#9 Mar 26, 2013
B Morris wrote:
Please post pics from tonight. I can't be there. I have a dinner date with a VERY large male friend.
This is Kelly again, and he is the one that has a dinner date with Ron Corno, his close friend. Don't look now, Kelly, but half of Lockport is at Steve's Town Hall. It is stuffed with people. Too bad for you, because you will always have your postings to twittle your time away with indecency. It is all because you have loose screws upstairs. Got to get back to the meeting now.
K the termite

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 26, 2013
Can you ask the pu*** why he's afraid to debate Turner?
Topex

Lemont, IL

#11 Mar 26, 2013
K the termite wrote:
Can you ask the pu*** why he's afraid to debate Turner?
It's so fuuny how mad you are he wouldn't show up for your set up debate. We all laugh every time anyone says anything about him not coming to it.
Just a Resident

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 27, 2013
The reason he will not debate is because he will look like the idiot that he truly is. Afraid to debate make's you look like a wimpy chicken. Is a wimpy chicken shit what you want for a mayor. NOT ME...
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#13 Mar 27, 2013
I don't understand why Turner would want to debate. He doesn't like to be in front of people and answer questions.

Turner had the opportunity to agree to a debate in a more controlled and public setting.

Turner refused. Turner is the person who doesn't want to debate. Why would he? Seeing him and Steve side by side would destroy any chances Turner has of being elected.

It doesn't matter anyway. Turner would have been destroyed. There is no comparison between the two candidates. Steve is a far superior candidate.

All anyone needs to do is watch the YouTube video of the Town Hall Meeting once it is posted. Have Turner post a video of his "$10 fundraiser".

But he won't.
Hardliner

Homer Glen, IL

#14 Mar 27, 2013
Lockport wrote:
I don't understand why Turner would want to debate. He doesn't like to be in front of people and answer questions.
Turner had the opportunity to agree to a debate in a more controlled and public setting.
Turner refused. Turner is the person who doesn't want to debate. Why would he? Seeing him and Steve side by side would destroy any chances Turner has of being elected.
It doesn't matter anyway. Turner would have been destroyed. There is no comparison between the two candidates. Steve is a far superior candidate.
All anyone needs to do is watch the YouTube video of the Town Hall Meeting once it is posted. Have Turner post a video of his "$10 fundraiser".
But he won't.
Sounds like a people person.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#15 Mar 27, 2013
Lockport wrote:
But he won't.
The Town Hall meeting was very well run. The word is professional. Steve Steit got his message to the people and he showed his "skill-set". This is how a meeting should be run. This is how a manager should act in a public setting. This is how people asking questions should be treated. Steve's expressed his enthusiasm without yelling or demeaning the people in the audience. This was a "breath of fresh air" for those in attendance.
LKPT DESERVES DEVELOPMENT

Homer Glen, IL

#16 Mar 27, 2013
I think anyone who has watched the city council meetings knows that they are voting for Kelly Turner. The message this council majority has sent to the citizens of Lockport is KELLY TURNER WILL WIPE THE GROUND WITH YOU STEVE. IT DOES SO WORK THAT WAY, . THE CITIZENS ARE IN CHARGE OF THE REPRESENTATION AND THEY DO NOT LIKE WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN FROM THAT STEVE STREIT NOR DO THEY LIKE WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN WHEN THEY LOOK HIS SILLY CAMPAIGN CARD OVER. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, IS DONE TO OUR SATISFACTION. I SAY THIS AFTER JUST GETTING BACK FROM A MASTURBATING MARATHON WITH MY REPLICA DILDO OF KELLY TURNER'S FINE MEMBER, OUTSIDE OF DENISE MARYNOWSKI'S BATHROOM WINDOW . LOCKPORT...YOU DESERVE DEVELOPMENT. LET'S VOTE FOR KELLY TURNER AND GET IT.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#17 Mar 27, 2013
LKPT DESERVES DEVELOPMENT wrote:
I think anyone who has watched the city council meetings knows that they are voting for Kelly Turner. The message this council majority has sent to the citizens of Lockport is KELLY TURNER WILL WIPE THE GROUND WITH YOU STEVE. IT DOES SO WORK THAT WAY,. THE CITIZENS ARE IN CHARGE OF THE REPRESENTATION AND THEY DO NOT LIKE WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN FROM THAT STEVE STREIT NOR DO THEY LIKE WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN WHEN THEY LOOK HIS SILLY CAMPAIGN CARD OVER. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, IS DONE TO OUR SATISFACTION. I SAY THIS AFTER JUST GETTING BACK FROM A MASTURBATING MARATHON WITH MY REPLICA DILDO OF KELLY TURNER'S FINE MEMBER, OUTSIDE OF DENISE MARYNOWSKI'S BATHROOM WINDOW . LOCKPORT...YOU DESERVE DEVELOPMENT. LET'S VOTE FOR KELLY TURNER AND GET IT.
LOT OF THOUGHT PUT INTO THIS POST. SHOWS WHAT A WASTE OF TIME TOPIX IS. THANX FOR THE REMINDER.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#18 Mar 29, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>LOT OF THOUGHT PUT INTO THIS POST. SHOWS WHAT A WASTE OF TIME TOPIX IS. THANX FOR THE REMINDER.
Actually there has been some good debates on topix. Sadly you get the few who are still in kindergarten and never learned how to play in the sandbox. There is nothing wrong with a little mudslinging, bantor etc, but for the few who can only resort to attacking family members is where you must draw the line, to only being able to respond with vulgar comments you must draw the line. But these same indiviuals and their supporters, will think nothing of using their own family members to try and get sympathy votes, guess they did not have to much sympathy when they list their own mother to not be paid during bankruptcy. Can you imagine how Lockport will look when the city files for govt protection, like say Detroit and other cities have done for mismanagement. Don't worry though, I am sure with all the knowledge of Robinson,Bert & Ernie, and this crew of misfits they will find a Bond out there to pay off the debt only to owe someone else more in interest. Remember that is the solution, Bonds with interest.
Bewildered

Bourbonnais, IL

#19 Mar 29, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there has been some good debates on topix. Sadly you get the few who are still in kindergarten and never learned how to play in the sandbox. There is nothing wrong with a little mudslinging, bantor etc, but for the few who can only resort to attacking family members is where you must draw the line, to only being able to respond with vulgar comments you must draw the line. But these same indiviuals and their supporters, will think nothing of using their own family members to try and get sympathy votes, guess they did not have to much sympathy when they list their own mother to not be paid during bankruptcy. Can you imagine how Lockport will look when the city files for govt protection, like say Detroit and other cities have done for mismanagement. Don't worry though, I am sure with all the knowledge of Robinson,Bert & Ernie, and this crew of misfits they will find a Bond out there to pay off the debt only to owe someone else more in interest. Remember that is the solution, Bonds with interest.
Lockport does not have very much debt. The city actually operates at a surplus while also maintaining a very healthy reserve fund. Many elected leaders would lead you to believe that to be 'fiscal conservatism'. The problem with that, though, is that they do not spend money to attract developers or to hire someone who knows something about development. They do not spend money to fix water mains or roads correctly - they just do patchwork which is cheaper. The city is able to save pennies while watching dollars float out of town.

By no means am I big-government fan, but when your city has a major shortcoming (lack of development due in part to inadequate infrastructure) and the city has the funds to handle that problem, it is not 'fiscally conservative' to pretend it's not a problem and refuse to spend the money which has already been taxed and received - it is a disservice to taxpayers and an example of those leaders' inability to see what is right in front of them.
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#20 Mar 29, 2013
I agree. It seems to me that those who preach being "fiscally conservative" actually mean no government.

You are correct, the money that is collected to operate (fix roads, water, police, etc) is there for that purpose. Not spending the money for the purpose it was collected isn't being fiscally conservative. It's being incompetent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So, how "Christian" is Donald Trump?? (May '16) 4 hr LMAO 79
There's a guy walking around Manhattan trying t... 6 hr trav 1
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 9 hr help 10,830
my 18 year old daughter has moved in with her b... (Jun '07) 11 hr Eilee 461
Unconfirmed: Trump Revealed Highly Classified I... 14 hr Robert Thomas 35
The Mosque in Orland 16 hr Sharky The Magnif... 37
Is the Clock Running Out On Trump's Presidency? 19 hr Astronaut Yellowh... 8

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance