New Endorsements Come In For Candidat...

New Endorsements Come In For Candidate Alm For Illinois House – District 86

Posted in the Joliet Forum

Martin

Joliet, IL

#1 Apr 30, 2012
April 30, 2012 - Joliet, Illinois
During the week of March 16th, 2012, Illinois General Assembly Senator A.J. Wilhelmi (D-IL Joliet) resigned his senate seat and Pat McGuire (D-IL Joliet), nephew of State Rep. Jack McGuire, was appointed to fill the seat by the Will County Democrat Organization. On April 6th, 2012, Rep. Jack McGuire (D-IL Joliet) resigned from the District 86 house seat and his temporary replacement is set to be appointed on April 30, 2012, again by the Will County Democrat Organization. These are two appointments within two months and many in the Will County community are unhappy with these appointments, as they feel their Constitutional right to vote has been shut-down and their voice as voters have been muffled yet again.
However, in a display of unity against these appointments, other community leaders are speaking out and rallying around District 86 Illinois House Candidate, Ryan M. Alm, of Joliet, Illinois. Two such local leaders are Shorewood Village Trustee, Mr. Gary Fitzgerald and Troy Township Collector and School Board Member, Ms. Kristin Ethridge.
Mr. Fitzgerald, besides being a Shorewood Trustee was a 2012 Candidate for Illinois Senate in District 49. He was a Candidate that was endorsed by the Chicago Tribune, and stated “Ryan Alm is the right man for the job. I’ve worked with Candidate Alm during primary season as we assisted a local family who had their life turned upside down by a devastating fire. Candidate Alm cares about the community.”
In response to receiving this coveted endorsement, Candidate Alm stated "I'm thrilled to have the endorsement of such a respected local leader. He is well known in the Joliet, Shorewood and the Channahon areas and our campaign is humbled to have his endorsement."
Gary Fitzgerald is a local legislator who has experience as:
- Shorewood Village Board, 2001-present;
- Shorewood Planning and Zoning Commission, 1994-present, current Chairman;
- Will County Board of Health, 1982-91;
- Former director, Criminal Justice Planning, City of Joliet;
- Former School Board Member, St. Jude School, Joliet; and
- Vietnam Veteran.
"To have a man of Fitzgerald's stature and experience have confidence in my abilities as the next House Representative for District 86," said Candidate Alm, "gives me increased conviction that we are truly offering citizens a better choice for House Representative. I think this endorsement can assist citizens in their belief that they don’t have to accept more of the same. Appointments by the same group of bureaucrats churning out the same type of legislator without free elections, does not have to be tolerated. Citizens can 'believe in better' for our District."
The second endorsement for Candidate Alm was given by Ms. Kristin Ethridge. A citizen of Joliet, Ms. Ethridge is a mother and wife of 27 years and is the current Collector for Troy Township and an employee of the County of Will for the past 11 years. In addition, she was an elected Member of the Troy 30-C Board of Education.
Ms. Ethridge states,“I know Candidate Alm has the education experience to assist our school districts in our county. I support Candidate Alm and know he will work hard for quality education for the teachers, parents and children in District 86.”
Candidate Alm also responded to this endorsement by stating that “Ms. Ethridge is a woman who has fought for greater accountability and higher quality of education in the Joliet community. I am honored that she recognizes my experience as a former five-year educator and is willing to support our campaign by letting others know that she trusts my experience and my earnestness to work hard for our local teachers and students.”
Mr. Fitzgerald and Ms. Ethridge are the second and third endorsements Candidate Alm earned in the month of April. Earlier in the month, current Will County Board Member, Ms. Suzanne Hart, threw her support behind Candidate Alm.
Centrist

Beecher, IL

#2 May 4, 2012
You cannot win. You may as well give up.
Binny

United States

#4 Sep 27, 2012
You CAN win ... If he'll freezes over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 2 min round of applause 3,298
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 2 hr Alex Nicole 789
Trump is a loser 4 hr GOD 20
fairmont school board's failing leadership 6 hr Cryin Ryan 42
Can anyone remember a single thing.... 6 hr Mi So Sorry 27
Youre Smarter Than Sharky 6 hr Pulp Sharky 7
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 7 hr another sucker 10,494
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages