Things are becoming clearer

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
One more opinion

Romania

#1 Jan 24, 2013
Seems like Turner is really running circles around Pete and his buddy Steve.

I don't really care who wins the mayoral election because Lockport seems to be the city that progress has foresaken. Its getting to the point, though, that I think it's almost embarrassing when you think of how bad Pete and his puppet Steve are being outclassed.

April will be here very soon, and it's looking to me like this chamber mess has bogged down Pete and his puppet to the point that they have to do something soon.

Maybe Steve is thinking as the saying goes, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".

GDS

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Couple things. I agree with the original poster that progress has forsaken Lockport and it doesn't look like progress is making a comeback anytime soon.

Not that I am pro Steve right now but what does it matter artist, business person, union member, housewife etc have to do with being mayor if you have the vision?

To say that only a 'business person' can be mayor is a little short sided and elitist I think. Most of our elected officials in this country are lawyers by trade. We see what that's gotten us. To say a business person is the best fit for mayor because they 'know business' is saying that all business people always have excellent business acumen and we know that's not true.

If someone has their feet on the ground in Lockport, knows what's wrong and has the vision to be progressive to move the city forward is all it takes in my book. The mayor is not a dictator, he/she has plenty of checks and balances around them.

It's not the length or depth of the résumé to be mayor but the vision and foresight.

Clint Eastwood was mayor of Carmel,CA, Hulk Hogan was governor of MN and Gopher from the Love Boat was a state senator.

It's too bad people have a problem with the term 'artist'. I have a problem with people thinking lawyers and 'business people' always know what's best for us. Trust me, lots of crappy 'business people ' in this world and at lot more loser lawyers.

Don't be fooled , all it takes is simple math to run the business part of this city. It takes much more to move it forward.

I'm not going to vote for someone just because they are a 'business' person but rather what their vision to move Lockport forward is.

My .02

We're each allowed our own opinions of course which means nothing if people don't get out and vote

PS I'm a white collar 'business person' by trade. Furthest thing from an 'artist'
tuff guy

Lockport, IL

#5 Jan 24, 2013
Um get your facts straight GDS jesse ventura was govenor of MN not hulk hogan ! You people who post on here do so without the proper information making your posts invalid !

GDS

Location hidden

#6 Jan 24, 2013
tuff guy wrote:
Um get your facts straight GDS jesse ventura was govenor of MN not hulk hogan ! You people who post on here do so without the proper information making your posts invalid !
Yeah. My bad. I confuse all those old school wrestlers. Point taken but it doesn't invalidate my sentiment and you know it.
VOTE STEVE WITH A VISION

Lockport, IL

#8 Jan 24, 2013
Ask Kelly's ex wife about the artist part. That is what she does. As for leadership sort through the past Mayors and see who did the most development for this city. Sort through the past two years and what have you got? I come up with the fact that all development in the city was stopped in 09. All they do is talk about what should be done, what pennies are being saved, talk about the other guy, etc. I know who I am voting for: the guy that has a vision for Lockport..Steve Streit. I think he will do well. He could not do any worse than what we have now. Everything here was started by the former councils and Mayor. This city needs revamping and quick. Vote for non progress or vote for PROGRESS LIKE OTHER TOWNS.
Too much silence

Anonymous Proxy

#10 Jan 24, 2013
How can a guy who has never held political office in Lockport run for mayor and never say anything publicly? It doesn't look good to me.

At least with Turner we will get lower water bills.

I have an open mind and will listen, but I can only listen if Steve is willing to speak publicly. And Pete speaking for Steve won't be good enough. That makes things look worse.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 24, 2013
Too much silence wrote:
How can a guy who has never held political office in Lockport run for mayor and never say anything publicly? It doesn't look good to me.
I have an open mind and will listen, but I can only listen if Steve is willing to speak publicly. And Pete speaking for Steve won't be good enough. That makes things look worse.
News flash, you won't be getting a lower water bill. It is going up 10% next month. Again, remember neither Turner or puppets have ever produced a ordinace for vote that would have lowered your water rate. Hold off a increase until after this election, sure everyone of the ordinances did that. That was all a sound bite to get elected, but know that the cat is out of the bag and Robinson has proposed 30 million worth of work, similiar to the 29 million mistake. LOL. It is going to take every penny of the increases to pay for it, even with bonding out. Of course don't forget the extra million already spent on Robinson.

So please stop with the lower water bills. Never going to happen, never WAS going to happen.

In regards to Steve, I agree would rather have someone with vision, than Turner whose proven track record of doing nothing, definietly will not move this city forward.

Gamble on somebody new with a vision, or stick with proven track record of no progress and remember his majority held all the necessary votes to move this city forward with nothing to show except millions out of the window to cronies.

Not saying past councils didn't do it either, but don't come in preaching the choir then abandon ship and follow suit like past councils.

My vote is for Steve even if quiet as a mouse.
Old frogs

Lockport, IL

#12 Jan 24, 2013
Too much silence wrote:
Now it is anonymous proxy and back to the few bucks for the water! This guy is a total freak out! Pete is great and so is Steve and that is what is worrying him so much! Keep worry, buddy, frog face, you are going down at the ballot box. Have old Kelly rewarm your milk and go to bed!
Old frogs

Lockport, IL

#13 Jan 24, 2013
Too much silence wrote:
The usual trickery talk made by the old frog himself! Don't listen to his bait! We know him and he is one worried person! He should be! We got the honesty behind us! No one wants idiots like him and his groupies controlling our tax money!
Columbus

Lockport, IL

#15 Jan 24, 2013
This guy is an absolute nutjob. He is beyond reality! He carries his grudges over years and years. Most people do not remember their neighbor's names let alone who was the Mayor of this town, only him. He is so jealous of mayors that accomplished something that he plays on that as if someone really cares. He will be sitting at that computer until he is too old to operate it. The poor little fellow has no sense. He is a strange one for sure. Give us some answers instead of your jealousies. We are not interested, old foolish one!
Columbus

Lockport, IL

#16 Jan 24, 2013
Come now, Romania Kelly, answer with your witless comments. We are ready for you! Did you get tired of Wheaton Kelly, Plainfield Kelly, etc. etc. etc. etc. HaHa
Romania

Lockport, IL

#17 Jan 24, 2013
We are so happy that you are running Steve. You will run rings around him! You are one honest family man and all his lies let them run off your back like water! He is trying to trick you but it can't be done because we are watching....all the time!
Papa Gepetto

Naperville, IL

#18 Jan 24, 2013
Thank you Colarelli, everybody cherishes you opinion. It doesn't matter that you give it a thousand times a day. Go play with your puppet Steve.

GDS

Location hidden

#19 Jan 24, 2013
Too much silence wrote:

I've said it before. So what they've never held a political position. In fact , in this towns case, past political track record could be a determent. Mayor could quite possibly be an entry level position. New , fresh ideas might not be bad.

Vote how you will.
Puppet Horns

Lockport, IL

#20 Jan 24, 2013
Papa Gepetto wrote:
Thank you Colarelli, everybody cherishes you opinion. It doesn't matter that you give it a thousand times a day. Go play with your puppet Steve.
Better yet, go play with Mary, old Kelly, old Dickie and yourself...the four puppets, three being pulled one way by the head puppet with horns.
Colarellis puppet boy

Geneva, IL

#21 Jan 25, 2013
Colarelli won't let his puppet boy debate Turner.
Demeaning and deflecting

Lockport, IL

#22 Jan 25, 2013
As I know for sure and I will say it ...Steve Strait does not have to do anything to get elected except go directly to the people. That insult of a person that is running does not fit in the same category as an honest man. He is now on this debate stuff non stop with all of his different names. He has gone from the few dollar water issue the chamber and now this. He has nothing on his record but being a spend thrift and look around people there is no development! Representing the people is more than getting elected, it is being true to the people and doing something for the town. This guy is so disrespectful and so disgraceful that Steve will win handily! He is an honest citizen that really cares for this town. It is time that those grumpy spend thrifts step down and nobody has to take their guff! Steve does not have to do their bidding, he just has to go to the homes and get elected. Those debates are a joke and Kelly can mouth off all he wants but he is a worthless piece of you know what! He is a trickster! Tell us why, Kelly, debating is so important when you won't answer a resident's question WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT???? YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE POLITICS OF THIS TOWN. THE ENTIRE QUALIFIED STAFF HAS GONE AND YOU ARE LEFT THERE DOING YOUR BASHING!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#23 Jan 25, 2013
I think a debate would be a great idea. Would be curious to see how the HEAD COWARD would not show up, just like when the majority chose not to show up for public informational meetings. None of them could handle a question and answer session. Not saying that Steve will do a great job, for don't him yet, but at least I am confident he would show up and answer to the best of his ability. The HEAD COWARD would probably try to phone in his responses, just not to have to face the public. He only choooses to face the public during council mtgs, for they only allow 5 min and never answer questions anyhow. THAT IS A TRUE COWARD.
Colarellis puppet boy

Geneva, IL

#24 Jan 25, 2013
I don't think you would have a hard time getting Turner to debate Streit.
Colarellis puppet boy

Geneva, IL

#25 Jan 25, 2013
I think you would want people who have to give their real names at a debate, instead of people with "Location hidden" for their address.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KKK vs Anonymous Cyberwar 1 hr Orca 7
Obama the Dicktator 1 hr Orca 16
It Sure Was Nice While Sharky Was Gone 2 hr really 2
Turner Brags He's Anti-Development 2 hr Turner Bankruptcy 40
What is the plans of BNSF railroad and the comp... (Sep '06) Nov 20 parsuck 67
'Puttin' on the Glitz' (Feb '10) Nov 20 Manhattan is funny 3
Plainfield Blotter: Domestic Battery, Cannabis ... Nov 19 lou 2
Joliet Dating
Find my Match

Joliet People Search