Watch the City Council Meeting

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#103 Dec 7, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> I could care less what you think.....because you obviously DO NOT think beyond your bais toward Trivedi and his political hack...Collarelli. Watching Colarelli call for MORE studies and whining about Robinson..then having the utter gall to ask YOU the taxpayer to pay money to do HIS road when it did not need to be done was sheer political theater at it's worst ! Thankfully...Mr. Perretta saw enough of that nonsense and voted that buffoon down. Did you even listen to Tim Schlonegar AGREE that the City should move on with the Robinson plan ??? Trivedi is INCAPABLE of an independent decision....period. His use of this veto nonsense is preventing ANY meaningful work to get done in this town. He was a good alderman...he is a BAD mayor...because he is being led around by one person. You all can believe whatever the hell you want. Trivedi and Collarelli DO NOT call the shots ALONE for this city. There are 7 others who can vote up or down on issues. The arrogance of using a veto to impose HIS will on this city is appalling. Once again..I do not care ONE BIT what you or the rest of you chronic name-changers feel my true colors are.You are entitled to your opinion....you just got mine !
You talk about capable of independent decision making. Thank gof for Rocco's so the majority can meet to make sure everyone votes the same. Maryknowski could not vote on a issue indepdently if her life depended on it. Then you got Tom Kelly, please someone wake him up, He only mumbles yes or no depending on what the majority is voting on, no clue at all. Along comes Van Dyke, who has so many stripes on his back, he only votes with the majority. Not once did Van Dyke during the past council ever stand up and say NO to the rate increase and close 5&8. Sure he voted against it, but never took a firm stance. Now he was all about bashing the past council, save money, but along come Robinson and suddenly we do need this work as long as Robinson is the engineer.

Ald Peretta made it very clear, voting on the study would have no opposition, the only thing the majority had to do was compromise and go out for bid, he even felt it fair to give Robinson the same oppourtunity to bid in case they wanted to lower their price. Guess saving us taxpayers some real money is only a SOUNDBITE for this council.

Turner, better known as the HEAD COWARD, now theres a real piece of work. the discussion is on the useless study, but he brings out political filings. Makes assumption that Pete is on the take, for he spent $10,000,(of course documented to the govt, unlike Turner), for a $500 job. Then when questioned by Pete for specifics, only kept blabbering. Just another case of smoke and mirrors, with deflection. Anything to get the issue of Robinson and raping the taxpayers deflected. It would have been very simple when the HEAD COWARD and gang took over. Go out for bid for new engineer firm, and if Robinson won the process, then these issues would not have been debated. But since Robinson came in the back door and raping the taxpayers there is a problem. At least you know they were legit when raping the taxpayers if won the bid legally.
VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!
Chumbalone

Chicago, IL

#104 Dec 7, 2012
It is a sham wrote:
Proof positive that Chumbalone is a Turner hack.
No difference than being a Trivedi or a Collarelli hack.
Chumbalone

Champaign, IL

#105 Dec 7, 2012
Lockport Local wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Chum, the mayor has the veto power. That's why he is called the mayor and not Turner. If you don't like it vote for Turner in April. If he wins, he will have the veto power and you will be happy. That's the way it works in politics Chum! That is why some like you call the "Slimy Four" the majority. They have the majority thus the votes. That is also how it works in politics Chum!
Hey "LOCO"...Like I said...we don't need a "king" leading Lockport. He uses the veto thing because he can't get his way or Collarelli's way ! There is no need for this type of nonsense in a town of less than 25,000 residents ! This council was seated by a majority of votes by the residents of the 4 resepctive wards ! THAT...my loco friend is ALSO politics ! Whatever majority is in place...MAKES The DECISIONS ! If folks don't like that...they can replace them. BUT..in the interim....you have these 2 guys...stopping EVERYTHING because they cannot get THEIR way....ie. Collarelli calling for more "studies" because HE AND MAYOR VETO want their way. Sorry...but Tim Schlonegar, The City Administrator hired to make expert business decisions told the council that he and the public works guy...APPROVED moving on with the Robinson plan. I guess you were not listening to THAT part of the meeting. It is quite obvious you and the few like you ONLY want things YOUR way. Like I said...there are more than 2 or 3 people on this council that have the RIGHT to vote as they see fit...and not have Collarelli and Trivedi take THEIR rights away because they want THEIR way. It is very obvious that YOU are a "hack" for those 2...so careful who you call a hack !!
CMON

Chicago, IL

#106 Dec 7, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Hey "LOCO"...Like I said...we don't need a "king" leading Lockport. He uses the veto thing because he can't get his way or Collarelli's way ! There is no need for this type of nonsense in a town of less than 25,000 residents ! This council was seated by a majority of votes by the residents of the 4 resepctive wards ! THAT...my loco friend is ALSO politics ! Whatever majority is in place...MAKES The DECISIONS ! If folks don't like that...they can replace them. BUT..in the interim....you have these 2 guys...stopping EVERYTHING because they cannot get THEIR way....ie. Collarelli calling for more "studies" because HE AND MAYOR VETO want their way. Sorry...but Tim Schlonegar, The City Administrator hired to make expert business decisions told the council that he and the public works guy...APPROVED moving on with the Robinson plan. I guess you were not listening to THAT part of the meeting. It is quite obvious you and the few like you ONLY want things YOUR way. Like I said...there are more than 2 or 3 people on this council that have the RIGHT to vote as they see fit...and not have Collarelli and Trivedi take THEIR rights away because they want THEIR way. It is very obvious that YOU are a "hack" for those 2...so careful who you call a hack !!
The real issue is NONE of them are thinking independently or representing their wards. They've picked sides and and vote in blocks never willing to compromise on ANYTHING!
Out Out

Bolingbrook, IL

#107 Dec 7, 2012
CMON wrote:
<quoted text>
The real issue is NONE of them are thinking independently or representing their wards. They've picked sides and and vote in blocks never willing to compromise on ANYTHING!
This is an absolutely false statement. There is only one "side" that has lied to us and that is Turner and his group.$1 million in tax payer dollars to Robinson Engineering and they still have not proven Turner's claim that we don't need to keep the water rates right where they are.

You are using the "scorched earth" strategy to try to equate Turner and Trivedi and that is not accurate. There is clearly a side that is interested in our well being and wants to protect our water and that is Trivedi.
Chumbalone

Champaign, IL

#108 Dec 7, 2012
CMON wrote:
<quoted text>
AGREED !
Chumbalone

Chicago, IL

#109 Dec 7, 2012
Out Out wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an absolutely false statement. There is only one "side" that has lied to us and that is Turner and his group.$1 million in tax payer dollars to Robinson Engineering and they still have not proven Turner's claim that we don't need to keep the water rates right where they are.
You are using the "scorched earth" strategy to try to equate Turner and Trivedi and that is not accurate. There is clearly a side that is interested in our well being and wants to protect our water and that is Trivedi.
See what I mean !! Even when the City Administrator comes out and supports what has been proposed...the people constantly complaining WILL NEVER agree on ANYTHING. It is absolutely mind-boggling. Well being you say !! Work needs to be started NOW on fixing what has been screwed up in this town for years. There is a plan....tell Trivedi and Collarelli to stop asking for another study..to study the study that has been studied. STOP THE VETOES and GET TO WORK ! APPLY FOR THE LOAN...GET THE FUNDING...AND GET MOVING.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#110 Dec 7, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> See what I mean !! Even when the City Administrator comes out and supports what has been proposed...the people constantly complaining WILL NEVER agree on ANYTHING. It is absolutely mind-boggling. Well being you say !! Work needs to be started NOW on fixing what has been screwed up in this town for years. There is a plan....tell Trivedi and Collarelli to stop asking for another study..to study the study that has been studied. STOP THE VETOES and GET TO WORK ! APPLY FOR THE LOAN...GET THE FUNDING...AND GET MOVING.
How do you think the city administator felt when the Turner destroyed his budget FY 2011-2012. Turner and his fellow majority members didn't give notice to anybody of their 20 plus changes to the budget. The city administrator is trying to keep his job, no matter how tough it is dealing with the majority. The Majority has been able to screw up the whole City in just 18 months. As it has been stated: no developer will work with the deceptive climate in Lockport. Remember you can tell when any of them are not telling the truth, "their lips are moving".
It is a sham

Lockport, IL

#111 Dec 7, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text>See what I mean !! Even when the City Administrator comes out and supports what has been proposed...the people constantly complaining WILL NEVER agree on ANYTHING. It is absolutely mind-boggling. Well being you say !! Work needs to be started NOW on fixing what has been screwed up in this town for years. There is a plan....tell Trivedi and Collarelli to stop asking for another study..to study the study that has been studied. STOP THE VETOES and GET TO WORK ! APPLY FOR THE LOAN...GET THE FUNDING...AND GET MOVING.
Turner is the one who wants Robinson to do another study ( last weeks Legend).
Right now, the minority is simply asking for a bid instead of just handing Robinson $192k.

Location hidden

#112 Dec 7, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> See what I mean !! Even when the City Administrator comes out and supports what has been proposed...the people constantly complaining WILL NEVER agree on ANYTHING. It is absolutely mind-boggling. Well being you say !! Work needs to be started NOW on fixing what has been screwed up in this town for years. There is a plan....tell Trivedi and Collarelli to stop asking for another study..to study the study that has been studied. STOP THE VETOES and GET TO WORK ! APPLY FOR THE LOAN...GET THE FUNDING...AND GET MOVING.
There was a plan already in place, but Turner and gang called it a 29 million mistake. Now that Robinson is in the taxpayers pocket, it is no longer a 29 million mistake. What gives? Same principals, maybe different sewer pipe on a different street, but work still needs to be done. At least CMT plan didn't require going for a loan, everything Turner speaks is go for a loan. What is he a underwriter for loans somewhere.

Location hidden

#113 Dec 7, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
Also don't forget a study was already done and paid for with CMt to come up with a plan. Oh thats right 1 million to Robinson to come up with a different street, sounds good to me.
Why don't you come out of Turners but and see some daylight.
Just wondering

Lockport, IL

#114 Dec 8, 2012
Pete Camealready is a liar. Get out of Lockport you bum. Go ruin Lemont! You have no money in our game!!!

Location hidden

#115 Dec 8, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
Another thought for you. The city adminstator does not even live within the city limits. So what does he care what money is spent, what rates are, what the taxes are. Remember, as a city administrator, Lemont did not even fight to keep him there, they were like good ridence and don't come back. Just like other communities he has worked for as well.
So his words menas nothing to a taxpayer of this great community.
Just wondering

Lockport, IL

#116 Dec 8, 2012
Bad economy, taxes high already with a city that hasn't shown that they know how best to spend our money, and I've got a moron Pete Camealready trying to raise my taxes for a school that wasn't needed. Where's the population explosion Pete?

This guy is a proven liar. Try getting a job in local politics in Romeoville Pete, your name is no good in Lockport.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#117 Dec 9, 2012
Just wondering wrote:
Bad economy, taxes high already with a city that hasn't shown that they know how best to spend our money, and I've got a moron Pete Camealready trying to raise my taxes for a school that wasn't needed. Where's the population explosion Pete?
This guy is a proven liar. Try getting a job in local politics in Romeoville Pete, your name is no good in Lockport.
Deflect from the problems at hand by going way back in the past. Once again this the "game plan" for the "Slimy Four" from now until the election. They just keep putting up straw dogs which expel cathartic renderings. Listen to Turner and the rest of the "Slimys" on any Wednesday where the council meets for proof.

The mailings we will receive this election season are paid for with tax payer dollars. The donations coming to the "Slimys" from Robinson/Bert and Ernie pay for all the Turner lies and half truths. No bid contracts to Robinson demand payback to the "Slimys" in the form of donations for Turner's election bid.

This will be the "deflection season" with all the B/S coming from Turner, Kelley and Van dyke. Samantha Neitske will need the hand signals from Turner to stay on messsage. Does Samantha need a job that bad that she wants to get mixed up with Turner?
CMON

Chicago, IL

#118 Dec 9, 2012
Just wondering wrote:
Don't know the guy but he seems ok. I know he wins his elections by a landslide so his ward must like and believe in him.
Just wondering

Lockport, IL

#119 Dec 9, 2012
Don't know the guy, but he seems okay. You'll judge a man because he won the popular vote before checking where he stands on issues? Is Hitler tops in your books too?

PETE IS A BUM!
Chumbalone

Lockport, IL

#120 Dec 9, 2012
thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a plan already in place, but Turner and gang called it a 29 million mistake. Now that Robinson is in the taxpayers pocket, it is no longer a 29 million mistake. What gives? Same principals, maybe different sewer pipe on a different street, but work still needs to be done. At least CMT plan didn't require going for a loan, everything Turner speaks is go for a loan. What is he a underwriter for loans somewhere.
CMT was a consulting firm...just like Robinson. Now...YOU tell us all where the City of Lockport will get the funding to do ALL the work that needs to be done in this town. You know...the bad sewer system....the bad roads...the new water mains...ALL that stuff that has been put off for YEARS....do you understand....YEARS ! Are you advocating waiting until ALL the funds magically appear ? DO you think continual water rate increases will get you the MILLIONS this town needs ?? Maybe you want to raise the sales tax...or tax ALL our utilities like the last bunch tried ??? Give us some of your brilliant Thoughts and Ideas of where Lockport can get the money ?? Then...you attempt to discredit the City Administrator because he happens to agree with getting things moving !! Are you that blind....or just plain stupid. He was hired to HELP THIS TOWN as a professional !! Is he now one of the "slimys" ??? This work MUST START NOW...it cannot wait ! NO MORE SILLY STUDIES proposed by Collarelli and Trivedi need be proposed. No more asinine vetos by "King" Trivedi. APPLY FOR THE LOAN....AND GET TO WORK. 50 years is long enough to wait.
Super 77

Lockport, IL

#121 Dec 9, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> CMT was a consulting firm...just like Robinson. Now...YOU tell us all where the City of Lockport will get the funding to do ALL the work that needs to be done in this town. You know...the bad sewer system....the bad roads...the new water mains...ALL that stuff that has been put off for YEARS....do you understand....YEARS ! Are you advocating waiting until ALL the funds magically appear ? DO you think continual water rate increases will get you the MILLIONS this town needs ?? Maybe you want to raise the sales tax...or tax ALL our utilities like the last bunch tried ??? Give us some of your brilliant Thoughts and Ideas of where Lockport can get the money ?? Then...you attempt to discredit the City Administrator because he happens to agree with getting things moving !! Are you that blind....or just plain stupid. He was hired to HELP THIS TOWN as a professional !! Is he now one of the "slimys" ??? This work MUST START NOW...it cannot wait ! NO MORE SILLY STUDIES proposed by Collarelli and Trivedi need be proposed. No more asinine vetos by "King" Trivedi. APPLY FOR THE LOAN....AND GET TO WORK. 50 years is long enough to wait.
Pete or Dev didn't ask for a new study - Turner did. He also wanted to just hand Robinson the 192k study contract. Maybe there needs to be a study, maybe not - I don't know. What I do know is asking for the contract to go to bid is the responsible thing to do and that is what the "minority" asked for at the last Council meeting.

Do I think there is enough money to pay for the infrastructure just from the sales tax increase that the last Council passed to fund such projects? I don't know. Neither do you. None of us have the numbers in front of us - not even the Council since Robinson came back on board. They have only told us there is a ton of work, not how much it's going to cost. Why are you pushing for a loan when you don't even know how much we need?
Someone

Lockport, IL

#122 Dec 9, 2012
Enough studies already. Robinson has spent the last 2 yrs doing studies and studies of the studies. All that has come out of it is the same answers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 8 min VA HOPE 9,732
Why Bernie Sanders Will Defeat Any Republican i... 4 hr Patriot 10
Man On Man 4 hr Patriot 16
CEO Pay at Top U.S. Companies Up 54 Percent Sin... 4 hr Patriot 8
Liberal Cowards Called Out By Vets n Bikers 4 hr Patriot 7
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... 9 hr Dirt 71
Awesome Canal Days! 9 hr So There 10
More from around the web

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE