Watch the City Council Meeting
Lockport Opinion

Lockport, IL

#83 Dec 4, 2012
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
So he had a job where his employer gave him inforamation and told him to get the information out to the public it involves. If he trusted his employer who provided him the information, how do you blame him for doing his job as instructed? Blame he school board and those at the top.
Because anyone with an ounce of brain matter could figure out that those numbers were a bunch of crap and if he couldn't figure it out on his own, he's too stupid to run our city.

He should have refused to repeat the lie because he should have known that the "voice" or front man is always held to blame.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#84 Dec 5, 2012
Lockport Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Because anyone with an ounce of brain matter could figure out that those numbers were a bunch of crap and if he couldn't figure it out on his own, he's too stupid to run our city.
He should have refused to repeat the lie because he should have known that the "voice" or front man is always held to blame.
The attack game is on, about nothing that has to do with city government. People should look at the lies that are in the present. The "Slimy Four" are giving away your money on sham projects for Robinson and "Bert and Ernie".
BARRY GOLDWATER

Lockport, IL

#85 Dec 5, 2012
The majority is corrupt and has to go. Dev and Pete have shown themselves as lacking vision on topics from pushing for a unneeded High School to support for thousands of townhomes built in Lockport in the last decade. The surest way to create social demise for your community is to have large rental units that townhomes become. They invite mother head of household social setting that have lead to the social ills that now plague America.
Chumbalone

Oak Park, IL

#86 Dec 5, 2012
Lockport Local wrote:
<quoted text>The attack game is on, about nothing that has to do with city government. People should look at the lies that are in the present. The "Slimy Four" are giving away your money on sham projects for Robinson and "Bert and Ernie".
I suppose those "sham" projects you squawk about are fixing roads...upgrading water mains...fixing sewers...finding leaks in water lines...re-building horrific streets...yeah...I guess you are correct...they are all SHAM PROJECTS ! You my un-informed friend are truly a "Lockport LOCO..." ! The only lies..ARE YOURS !
It is a sham

Lemont, IL

#87 Dec 5, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose those "sham" projects you squawk about are fixing roads...upgrading water mains...fixing sewers...finding leaks in water lines...re-building horrific streets...yeah...I guess you are correct...they are all SHAM PROJECTS ! You my un-informed friend are truly a "Lockport LOCO..." ! The only lies..ARE YOURS !
It's the redundant studies we pissed money away on and the debt we took on to get a handful of roads done before the election that is the sham. We would have been way further along if we didn't have to pay Robinson 800k to tell us what we already knew from the previous councils studies.

Last council meeting we had to watch the majority give Robinson one more big payoff for another study which Kelly tried to make sound like he was getting stuff done. All he was doing was laundering our tax money through Robinson who will give it back to Kelly in campaign donations which we will see in the form of his endless mailers.

Every time you get one in the mail, remember it will be paid for with your tax money.
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#88 Dec 5, 2012
It is a sham wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the redundant studies we pissed money away on and the debt we took on to get a handful of roads done before the election that is the sham. We would have been way further along if we didn't have to pay Robinson 800k to tell us what we already knew from the previous councils studies.
Last council meeting we had to watch the majority give Robinson one more big payoff for another study which Kelly tried to make sound like he was getting stuff done. All he was doing was laundering our tax money through Robinson who will give it back to Kelly in campaign donations which we will see in the form of his endless mailers.
Every time you get one in the mail, remember it will be paid for with your tax money.
Let's not forget the sham vote. He brought the disgraced Fentress back one last time to screw the taxpayers. He got his five votes to piss away another $190,000 to Robinson. I checked tonight's agenda. I see that the mayor vetoed the giveaway. The good news is that Turner only has four votes and can't override the veto. I also see that the mayor has appointed someone to the vacant 3rd Ward seat. Now let's see if Turner plans to play politics again and leads the vote against the appointment.
Someone

Lemont, IL

#89 Dec 5, 2012
Lockport Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Because anyone with an ounce of brain matter could figure out that those numbers were a bunch of crap and if he couldn't figure it out on his own, he's too stupid to run our city.
Sure sure do you job other then how your employer tells you and it will get you fired. Easy to say when your not the one losing the job and having out how to take care of a large family. I'm sure the city gives the same directions to their employees. They know it's wrong but if the don't follow orders they'll be fighting to keep their jobs or getting them back.
Lago Resident

Schaumburg, IL

#90 Dec 5, 2012
It is a sham wrote:
<quoted text>
To the city council, in case you didn't know, the above poster is Darren Deskin.

He comes to residents doors and lies to their faces. Please shun him at all meetings. Do not show him one ounce of respect.

This guy is a total lunatic. He has no life and is downright scary.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#91 Dec 5, 2012
Lago Resident wrote:
<quoted text>

This guy is a total lunatic. He has no life and is downright scary.
This the profile of Kelly Turner and all of the other "Slimys" in the City Council. They have proven this over the last 18 months of disservice to the taxpayers of Lockport. "Sham projects" are what the people of Lockport have received for their tax dollars. "The Slimy Four is our name and scamming is our game"!
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#92 Dec 5, 2012
It is a sham wrote:
<quoted text>
All he was doing was laundering our tax money through Robinson who will give it back to Kelly in campaign donations which we will see in the form of his endless mailers.
The mailman loves Kelly Turner. When he sees his mailers all he thinks about is "more junk mail". The word is return to sender when it comes to your home.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93 Dec 6, 2012
Lockport wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget the sham vote. He brought the disgraced Fentress back one last time to screw the taxpayers. He got his five votes to piss away another $190,000 to Robinson. I checked tonight's agenda. I see that the mayor vetoed the giveaway. The good news is that Turner only has four votes and can't override the veto. I also see that the mayor has appointed someone to the vacant 3rd Ward seat. Now let's see if Turner plans to play politics again and leads the vote against the appointment.
You nailed it on the head. Since the mayor vetoed the ridiculous survey, it was a given that the mayor's appointment would not pass. If the good lord himself was on the list from the mayor, he still would not have been appointed. Did everyone notice how, only the minority had anything to say, since they took the time to reach and talk to him. The four just sat there like bumps on a log, for you know they all met together already and made up their mind. How much was the taxpayers bill to Bert & Ernie, Turner acted like he was a attorney and knew rules on how mayor can or cannot vote and what outcome should be.

Remmeber everyone, a study was already done by CMT which included I&I work that needed to be done, for that was how the water rates were determined. There was water and sewer work in CMT's 10yr plan. Also remember back, when Turner and gang was elected their own words. The taxpayers only need to GIVE $18,500, for the CMT plan was a mistake and not needed, would only cost $280,000.00 to close wells 5&8, which still has not been done and signed off by IEPA, but yet we taxpayers have GIVEN Robinsen nearly 1 million dollars already in studies with no work done.

Sounds like a plan to me. LOL

Location hidden

#94 Dec 6, 2012
Also another point to remember, Ald Marynowski still has yet to tell the taxpayers how much the savings was by firing the water operator and hiring Robinson to do the job. Guess there never was a savings there after all. Come on Turner, since we all know you are on here, why not tell us all during the next meeting how much we have saved.

Another joke was the city's auditing firm. He tried to make it sound like the city is doing a great job, for the water fund "is moving in a positive direction" for the fund is operating in the black now. Does not take a rocket scientist to understand that if you steal money from the taxpayers and give them nothing back for it you will have extra money, minus Robinson fees of course. This was the same firm that determined after reviewing the study by CMT what the rates should be. Now they pat themselves on the back, saying how the fund is in the black, but yet don't realize no work was done. Another great job by our elected officials. ALL OF THEM.
Chumbalone

Sacramento, CA

#95 Dec 6, 2012
thoughts or ideas wrote:
Also another point to remember, Ald Marynowski still has yet to tell the taxpayers how much the savings was by firing the water operator and hiring Robinson to do the job. Guess there never was a savings there after all. Come on Turner, since we all know you are on here, why not tell us all during the next meeting how much we have saved.
Another joke was the city's auditing firm. He tried to make it sound like the city is doing a great job, for the water fund "is moving in a positive direction" for the fund is operating in the black now. Does not take a rocket scientist to understand that if you steal money from the taxpayers and give them nothing back for it you will have extra money, minus Robinson fees of course. This was the same firm that determined after reviewing the study by CMT what the rates should be. Now they pat themselves on the back, saying how the fund is in the black, but yet don't realize no work was done. Another great job by our elected officials. ALL OF THEM.
Now you people are going after an auditing firm !!!! Do any of you reside on this planet ?? Now it's an auditing firm that is part of the "conspiracy" of the "slimy four minus one" !!! Stealing money ??? Giving it back to Robinson ??? Buuuuuuuutttt...CMT is/was the greatest thing since sliced bread ??? Your statements are truly beyond belief ! Throw Turner under the bus.....but the Auditing firm !!!! C'mon now !!!
Super 77

Lemont, IL

#96 Dec 6, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Now you people are going after an auditing firm !!!! Do any of you reside on this planet ?? Now it's an auditing firm that is part of the "conspiracy" of the "slimy four minus one" !!! Stealing money ??? Giving it back to Robinson ??? Buuuuuuuutttt...CMT is/was the greatest thing since sliced bread ??? Your statements are truly beyond belief ! Throw Turner under the bus.....but the Auditing firm !!!! C'mon now !!!
He didn't say there was a conspiracy, he said it was a joke that the audit showed the water dept. was in the black. The "joke" is that "of course it is in the black, the water rates have been up for many months now with no work having been done."
Yikes

United States

#97 Dec 6, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Now you people are going after an auditing firm !!!! Do any of you reside on this planet ?? Now it's an auditing firm that is part of the "conspiracy" of the "slimy four minus one" !!! Stealing money ??? Giving it back to Robinson ??? Buuuuuuuutttt...CMT is/was the greatest thing since sliced bread ??? Your statements are truly beyond belief ! Throw Turner under the bus.....but the Auditing firm !!!! C'mon now !!!
Every once in a while Chumbalone makes a post that shows his/her true colors and this is one of them. Every day we see more and more acts by Turner that are hurting us the taxpayers but Chumbalone shows no anger.

Then he/she misreads a post and goes on a rant mocking those of us opposing Turner and his group.

He/she tries to appear "unbiased" and "above the fray", but he/she is really in bed with the majority.

Location hidden

#98 Dec 6, 2012
Super 77 wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say there was a conspiracy, he said it was a joke that the audit showed the water dept. was in the black. The "joke" is that "of course it is in the black, the water rates have been up for many months now with no work having been done."
At least you have common sense. Should have known, that chumbalone would not have understood the viewpoint.
Fooled Once

Englewood, CO

#99 Dec 6, 2012
I watched the meeting last night and all I can say is that Turner and his group are looking very bad right now.

Their lack of willingness to compromise was very evident and they just look like dirty politicians. They reminded me of the groups that run our state.

I cannot believe that they were ever elected. The woman on the end (I think her name is Mary) looks like she has no concept of any of the issues being discussed.

I voted for Turner for mayor last time but he has been very disappointing and has abused his office so I won't be doing that again.
Chumbalone

Lemont, IL

#100 Dec 6, 2012
Yikes wrote:
<quoted text>
Every once in a while Chumbalone makes a post that shows his/her true colors and this is one of them. Every day we see more and more acts by Turner that are hurting us the taxpayers but Chumbalone shows no anger.
Then he/she misreads a post and goes on a rant mocking those of us opposing Turner and his group.
He/she tries to appear "unbiased" and "above the fray", but he/she is really in bed with the majority.
I could care less what you think.....because you obviously DO NOT think beyond your bais toward Trivedi and his political hack...Collarelli. Watching Colarelli call for MORE studies and whining about Robinson..then having the utter gall to ask YOU the taxpayer to pay money to do HIS road when it did not need to be done was sheer political theater at it's worst ! Thankfully...Mr. Perretta saw enough of that nonsense and voted that buffoon down. Did you even listen to Tim Schlonegar AGREE that the City should move on with the Robinson plan ??? Trivedi is INCAPABLE of an independent decision....period. His use of this veto nonsense is preventing ANY meaningful work to get done in this town. He was a good alderman...he is a BAD mayor...because he is being led around by one person. You all can believe whatever the hell you want. Trivedi and Collarelli DO NOT call the shots ALONE for this city. There are 7 others who can vote up or down on issues. The arrogance of using a veto to impose HIS will on this city is appalling. Once again..I do not care ONE BIT what you or the rest of you chronic name-changers feel my true colors are.You are entitled to your opinion....you just got mine !
It is a sham

Lemont, IL

#101 Dec 6, 2012
Proof positive that Chumbalone is a Turner hack.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#102 Dec 6, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> I could care less what you think.....because you obviously DO NOT think beyond your bais toward Trivedi and his political hack...Collarelli. Watching Colarelli call for MORE studies and whining about Robinson..then having the utter gall to ask YOU the taxpayer to pay money to do HIS road when it did not need to be done was sheer political theater at it's worst ! Thankfully...Mr. Perretta saw enough of that nonsense and voted that buffoon down. Did you even listen to Tim Schlonegar AGREE that the City should move on with the Robinson plan ??? Trivedi is INCAPABLE of an independent decision....period. His use of this veto nonsense is preventing ANY meaningful work to get done in this town. He was a good alderman...he is a BAD mayor...because he is being led around by one person. You all can believe whatever the hell you want. Trivedi and Collarelli DO NOT call the shots ALONE for this city. There are 7 others who can vote up or down on issues. The arrogance of using a veto to impose HIS will on this city is appalling. Once again..I do not care ONE BIT what you or the rest of you chronic name-changers feel my true colors are.You are entitled to your opinion....you just got mine !
Hey Chum, the mayor has the veto power. That's why he is called the mayor and not Turner. If you don't like it vote for Turner in April. If he wins, he will have the veto power and you will be happy. That's the way it works in politics Chum! That is why some like you call the "Slimy Four" the majority. They have the majority thus the votes. That is also how it works in politics Chum!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
city manager 26 min red tuck driver 2
Are We Watching the End Of the Trump Presidency? 1 hr Fake news snowfla... 17
Lockport walmart online grocery 3 hr EYES ROLLING 3
Fake News 4 hr EYES ROLLING 3
Council stung by its boner 4 hr EYES ROLLING 10
Neighbors Helping Neighbors 4 hr EYES ROLLING 12
No Evidence No Crime No Charges 4 hr Oh Canada 27

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance