Obama Is Fixing Football

Posted in the Joliet Forum

Professor

United States

#1 Feb 4, 2013
OBAMA is concerned that football is too dangerous? Is this a concern for a president? Parents don't know what's best for their children? Hypocritical that Obama is concerned about football being too dangerous, but Obama has no problem sending your daughters to war or your sons for that matter. Just more proof that Obama and the democrats want to socialize the nation to control every aspect of our lives!
Pitboss

Joliet, IL

#2 Feb 4, 2013
Professor wrote:
OBAMA is concerned that football is too dangerous? Is this a concern for a president? Parents don't know what's best for their children? Hypocritical that Obama is concerned about football being too dangerous, but Obama has no problem sending your daughters to war or your sons for that matter. Just more proof that Obama and the democrats want to socialize the nation to control every aspect of our lives!
And I suppose it was Obama's fault that the lights went out in the Superdome too?
Professor

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Pitboss wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suppose it was Obama's fault that the lights went out in the Superdome too?
I didn't hear that. Just that he wants to fix football. Obama has never done anything in his life, but is an expert at everything? Its just mind boggling that Americans look to him to fix everything, accept his remedies, when he has no experience at anything! LOL!
hold on

Wheaton, IL

#4 Feb 4, 2013
Professor wrote:
OBAMA is concerned that football is too dangerous? Is this a concern for a president? Parents don't know what's best for their children? Hypocritical that Obama is concerned about football being too dangerous, but Obama has no problem sending your daughters to war or your sons for that matter. Just more proof that Obama and the democrats want to socialize the nation to control every aspect of our lives!
My, my that was certainly enlightening. Could you please find out his position on spicy taco chips, propane generators and hedgehogs for tomorrow and report back. As a matter of fact why dont you start a top ten list of things we should blame Obama for and post it daily. Thank you, thank you so much for enriching our lives.
Pitboss

Joliet, IL

#5 Feb 4, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't hear that. Just that he wants to fix football. Obama has never done anything in his life, but is an expert at everything? Its just mind boggling that Americans look to him to fix everything, accept his remedies, when he has no experience at anything! LOL!
He was responding to a question posed by an interviewer specific to the game of football, not pontificating during a press conference.

You can quibble with his answer but your original statement makes it sound as if he decided to take up the cause of cleaning up the game. A little more than unfair - don't you think?
NL Res

Shorewood, IL

#6 Feb 4, 2013
Only two posts about Obama and democrats today. Professor is slowing down. Do you know how much of an embarrassment you are to the Republican Party? On here crying everyday, get a damn life.
Professor

United States

#7 Feb 4, 2013
Pitboss wrote:
<quoted text>
He was responding to a question posed by an interviewer specific to the game of football, not pontificating during a press conference.
You can quibble with his answer but your original statement makes it sound as if he decided to take up the cause of cleaning up the game. A little more than unfair - don't you think?
You need to research what you are saying. Its not unfair because its true. The weeks leading up to the interview Obama said changes in the way the game is played is going to change. Changes will be from pop warner through college. Obama said he is sorry if you like seeing hard hits, but that is coming to an end because football is too dangerous and unsafe. Scary what this guy is endeavoring into?
Professor

United States

#8 Feb 4, 2013
hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my that was certainly enlightening. Could you please find out his position on spicy taco chips, propane generators and hedgehogs for tomorrow and report back. As a matter of fact why dont you start a top ten list of things we should blame Obama for and post it daily. Thank you, thank you so much for enriching our lives.
You might get angered because you support Obama or support meeting him in the middle. But you can't repute or dispute the truth of what I post. I just responded to someone who did not know Obama was regulating youth and college football. This Obama is an imperialist president. Quit denying it!
Pitboss

Joliet, IL

#9 Feb 4, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to research what you are saying. Its not unfair because its true. The weeks leading up to the interview Obama said changes in the way the game is played is going to change. Changes will be from pop warner through college. Obama said he is sorry if you like seeing hard hits, but that is coming to an end because football is too dangerous and unsafe. Scary what this guy is endeavoring into?
I think the Professor needs to do his research. The statement was made originally in response to a question about football injuries. Specifically, to Franklin Foer and Chris Hughes of The New Republic. Please look it up and be enlightened, and quit wasting my time.
Professor

United States

#10 Feb 4, 2013
NL Res wrote:
Only two posts about Obama and democrats today. Professor is slowing down. Do you know how much of an embarrassment you are to the Republican Party? On here crying everyday, get a damn life.
I'm not republican. Sorry to talk about your mesiah. Go watch another speech of his to get that tingle going up your leg again! LOL!
NL Res

Shorewood, IL

#11 Feb 4, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not republican. Sorry to talk about your mesiah. Go watch another speech of his to get that tingle going up your leg again! LOL!
Fine, you are an embarrassment too the human race. Since you enjoy talking about tingles so much, is it like the tingle you get when you post another anti democrat or Obama post? Your idiotic, obsessive rants prove that there are people that are too far gone. I don't think meds would help you.
Com Ed

New Lenox, IL

#12 Feb 4, 2013
Pitboss wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suppose it was Obama's fault that the lights went out in the Superdome too?
Typical shine. Didn't pay his light bill.
Rubio 2016

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 4, 2013
Its obviously ridiculous that obama is even talking about safety in football but what do we expect in this liberalized society. Dont we need someone to protect us from our stupid selves?

The thing that is disturbing to me is why in the hell obama is being interviewed during superbowl coverage anyway. Is he that much of an egomaniac that he thinks that the average person watching the superbowl gives a rats a$$ about what he has to say about football. Personally, i was happy he came on because it gave me time to take a dump without worrying about missing anything important.

Also, beyonce was great at half time. It's nice to know that our president associates with a prostitute and her drug dealing husband more than bebe netanyahu. Here is a thought, consult a gang banger about gun control. He has jay z on speed dial right?
Professor

United States

#14 Feb 4, 2013
Pitboss wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Professor needs to do his research. The statement was made originally in response to a question about football injuries. Specifically, to Franklin Foer and Chris Hughes of The New Republic. Please look it up and be enlightened, and quit wasting my time.
Just yesterday Obama stated youth football will change. You read it the way you want to. I say he is taking action. He said the game will be evolved. We won't like the changes.

www.youtube.com/watch...
Professod

Lombard, IL

#15 Feb 8, 2013
NL Res wrote:
Only two posts about Obama and democrats today. Professor is slowing down. Do you know how much of an embarrassment you are to the Republican Party? On here crying everyday, get a damn life.
. Is he being serious? Or is he just trying to stir people up? He relates everything to democrats and liberals and Obama, he can't be serious.
Werner

Lombard, IL

#16 Feb 8, 2013
Professor wrote:
OBAMA is concerned that football is too dangerous? Is this a concern for a president? Parents don't know what's best for their children? Hypocritical that Obama is concerned about football being too dangerous, but Obama has no problem sending your daughters to war or your sons for that matter. Just more proof that Obama and the democrats want to socialize the nation to control every aspect of our lives!
actually, the NFL is already socialized. They don't let certain teams have a ton of more money. There is a cap on the amount of wealth certain teams have. So a team is good if they play the draft and free agency game and the purchase of coaches right. As opposed to buying all the players like the Yankees and the Heat, two leagues where the wealth isn't evenly spread.
Professor

New Lenox, IL

#17 Feb 9, 2013
Werner wrote:
<quoted text> actually, the NFL is already socialized. They don't let certain teams have a ton of more money. There is a cap on the amount of wealth certain teams have. So a team is good if they play the draft and free agency game and the purchase of coaches right. As opposed to buying all the players like the Yankees and the Heat, two leagues where the wealth isn't evenly spread.
Every organization has the right to regulate itself and make its own rules. We are talking about the government regulating football. Specifically Obama. You don't see the obvious difference or problem with that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patriot/Professor and Really/Eyeball steam clea... 12 min You lose 12
So, that pipeline will "Create Jobs" and lead t... 41 min It aint gay if 94
Terry Doyle 2 hr Shameonu 11
old division street bridge (Apr '11) 3 hr Guy Azbell 7
We get it, Colarelli hates Turner 8 hr Texaco Worker 7
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 10 hr Stay the course 8,157
Snow Storm 11 hr Bruce Wayne 4

Winter Storm Warning for Will County was issued at February 01 at 4:08AM CST

Joliet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots