Our economy should be working for us....

Our economy should be working for us......

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
REALIZE

Lockport, IL

#1 Nov 14, 2013
You wouldn't know it by looking at your bank account, but our GDP growth rate was 2.8% in the third quarter of 2013. That's much higher than the long-term rate of 2%, but average Americans won't see any benefit from better growth. The latest figures from the Bureau of Economic Analysis show that our nation is recovering from the 2008 recession, but all of that growth is going straight into the pockets of the corporate elite. Executive salaries and bonuses have exploded in recent years, and corporate profits are higher than they've ever been. But, average wages remain stagnant, and median incomes are actually lower than they were in 2007.

The Right claims that our national debt is stifling economic growth, but that's nothing more than a talking point meant to hide the fact that corporate greed is the reason paychecks haven't gotten any higher. Growth is not the problem in our nation, and it's not the reason that Americans haven't gotten a real raise since Reagan. The real problems are income inequality, and the Right perpetuating economic myths. Over the past 32 years, the rich have convinced us that the purpose of our economy is to generate corporate profits, rather than serve the people who depend on it.

As it stands now, our economy is working great for those at the top, and it's preventing the rest of us from benefiting in any growth. All around our nation, people are starting to wake up to the fact that we need to change this. From WalMart strikers to fast-food workers to transit employees, people are speaking out against corporate greed. By standing together, Americans are realizing that we have the power to change things, and we have the power to create an economy that works for us.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#2 Nov 14, 2013
Quantitative Easing has quietly been the biggest giveaway in American history. It props up Stock Market value that will have to adjust at some time. With interest rates pushed down artificially the only place to get return on money is guess where? The stock market. If Washington and New York were magically removed from America ....recovery would begin.
Barrys moms pimp

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 14, 2013
If your mother paid taxes on all of her turned tricks, recovery would begin.
Igor

Wayne, IL

#4 Nov 14, 2013
How dare those greedy corporations build things like
cars, smart phones, flat screen televisions, medical equipment, and how dare Wal-Mart allow people to apply for jobs at their stores and warehouses when they should be working somewhere else.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#5 Nov 15, 2013
Igor wrote:
How dare those greedy corporations build things like
cars, smart phones, flat screen televisions, medical equipment, and how dare Wal-Mart allow people to apply for jobs at their stores and warehouses when they should be working somewhere else.
Oh, I forgot it was unpopular to attack the "job creators" you clowns would have sided with the British back in 1774 because they supply our tea. Bunch of cowards and victims.
Barrys mothers pimp

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 15, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I forgot it was unpopular to attack the "job creators" you clowns would have sided with the British back in 1774 because they supply our tea. Bunch of cowards and victims.
I'm a job creator, your mother is working the streets for me right now. She'll swalla for a dolla.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#7 Nov 15, 2013
Barrys mothers pimp wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a job creator, your mother is working the streets for me right now. She'll swalla for a dolla.
Only person working for you is the 14 year old boy you met at the Hammond Gun show.
Barrys daddys pimp

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 15, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>Only person working for you is the 14 year old boy you met at the Hammond Gun show.
Don't confuse your father for a little boy. I dress him that way, so he can make me a little more money from the likes of you.
Barrys is a fraud

Chicago, IL

#9 Nov 15, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
Quantitative Easing has quietly been the biggest giveaway in American history. It props up Stock Market value that will have to adjust at some time. With interest rates pushed down artificially the only place to get return on money is guess where? The stock market. If Washington and New York were magically removed from America ....recovery would begin.
Nice copy and paste, you should at least give the original author credit.

http://globalglassonion.blogspot.com/2010_10_...
Hardliner

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Nov 16, 2013
Barrys is a fraud wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice copy and paste, you should at least give the original author credit.
http://globalglassonion.blogspot.com/2010_10_...
I love it! He's still the smartest guy in the room though, if you don't believe me just ask him LOL.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#11 Nov 19, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it! He's still the smartest guy in the room though, if you don't believe me just ask him LOL.
Sorry girls its my own thoughts. Hardliner gave up his Naperville based porn to come out on half a thought though. How is it going there George Zimmerman Jr? Smartest guy in this room. No contest.
Actually

Lockport, IL

#12 Nov 19, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it! He's still the smartest guy in the room though, if you don't believe me just ask him LOL.
Actually, Barry Goldwater IS one of the smarter, more informative posters here on Lockport, IL TOPIX. He's often posted interesting stuff, facts, history, etc., He keeps conversations going, often bringing up pretty good points and He's not afraid to disagree or voice his opinion even if it clearly goes against the grain around here.

All that YOU usually contribute here is disparaging remarks against our town, insults of others or just tooting of your own horn (which the rest of us figure must be due to your Napoleon Complex and/or Micropenis Syndrome).

The more you continue to harp on Barry Goldwater, the more it becomes clear that you are merely jealous of him.
Barry is a fraud

Chicago, IL

#13 Nov 19, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry girls its my own thoughts. Hardliner gave up his Naperville based porn to come out on half a thought though. How is it going there George Zimmerman Jr? Smartest guy in this room. No contest.
BULL! There is a link there that shows the original author. You have done it numerous times.
Hardliner

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Nov 20, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry girls its my own thoughts. Hardliner gave up his Naperville based porn to come out on half a thought though. How is it going there George Zimmerman Jr? Smartest guy in this room. No contest.
I think you have finally lost it. Have I replaced Ron Paul in your masturbation fantasies? True I do believe you to be a pretentious poser who is in love with the sound of his or her own voice while regurgitating other people’s rhetoric. I find you to be quite comical and annoying at the same time and your recent plagiarism only adds to that. However don’t flatter yourself; I have neither the time nor the inclination to play around with ISP’s for the sole purpose of insulting you under various screen names. Plus I am a tad more eloquent and creative in my barbs (I can't say the same for you) than whomever the person is that keeps poking a sharp pointy stick in your eye. If you can’t see that then I have given you too much credit.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#16 Nov 22, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mother is a dirty ho, she swallows man seed from thugs in hoodies.
Finally, outed and proud.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#17 Nov 22, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have finally lost it. Have I replaced Ron Paul in your masturbation fantasies? True I do believe you to be a pretentious poser who is in love with the sound of his or her own voice while regurgitating other people’s rhetoric. I find you to be quite comical and annoying at the same time and your recent plagiarism only adds to that. However don’t flatter yourself; I have neither the time nor the inclination to play around with ISP’s for the sole purpose of insulting you under various screen names. Plus I am a tad more eloquent and creative in my barbs (I can't say the same for you) than whomever the person is that keeps poking a sharp pointy stick in your eye. If you can’t see that then I have given you too much credit.
Start a debate on any topic with me and I'm afraid you will be embarrassed. Plenty of others here that educate me but you my perverted little girl will not be one. Go ahead start a simple debate, stay on point and let us find out just how you measure up.
Hardliner

Chicago, IL

#18 Nov 22, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>Start a debate on any topic with me and I'm afraid you will be embarrassed. Plenty of others here that educate me but you my perverted little girl will not be one. Go ahead start a simple debate, stay on point and let us find out just how you measure up.
Let's talk about legalization of prostitution and how your mother would benefit from it. Discuss.
LMAO

Lockport, IL

#19 Nov 22, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk about legalization of prostitution and how your mother would benefit from it. Discuss.
I dunno Barry, Hardliner just might embarrass you with knowledge on this topic, being that his Mother was the most used gash during the civil war and all.
Hardliner

Chicago, IL

#20 Nov 22, 2013
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno Barry, Hardliner just might embarrass you with knowledge on this topic, being that his Mother was the most used gash during the civil war and all.
That was WW1 you idiot!
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#21 Nov 23, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
That was WW1 you idiot!
Don't you love the fact that he got outed by his own keyboard and sexual frustration. I'm thinking if there are any local unsolved arsons in the area Law enforcement might want to find out where this guy lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2016, the current electorate realized no develo... 2 hr Troll Killer 24
So, how "Christian" is Donald Trump?? 12 hr Tuck Frump 30
The TRUE history of the Libertarian party..... 12 hr Tuck Frump 5
While louisiana Sinks Obama Plays Golf 12 hr Tuck Frump 11
Link Card? (Feb '13) 12 hr Tuck Frump 24
2017 Village election 15 hr on the Hunt 11
ALL the latest polls show..... 17 hr Tuck Frump 1

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages