Deb

Mokena, IL

#82 Feb 11, 2013
young adult wrote:
Some of you people on here are so twisted and have no idea what its like to make something from nothing. I am a hard working 25 year old white male. I was delt a bad hand in life and nothing was ever handed to me. Every thing I own I worked hard for and bought. I went to school my entire life, I used to almost be jelous of the kids that had every thing and there parents would give them what ever they wanted cars cloths shoes, whatever. I bet they have no idea what the value of a dollar is worth. I am on link and am very thankful for it. it is very very hard to make it on your own . Rent, electric, gas, car insurance, FUEL, etc. I have a 3 month old son. I never even thought of asking for food stamps until I had my son and I just could not afford it. I needed help. 1300 a month only goes so far. No matter how bad my situtation was I never stole, cheated or lied to get what I needed. It is very hard to get a job that pays well. I am not lazy or a dirtbag robbing the system. If I was not on link I don't know how I would make it. the 350 A month the state gives me for food helps very much and not everyone on link is a crooked scumbag. However I do think in my opinion the state should drug test everyone who receives benifits. I notice there is alot of people out there taking advantage of the system. The people commenting on here that were born into money and had your path paved for you, you are the ones that had it easy. not every one had a paved path to follow. shame on you for assuming people on link are lazy alcoholics.
You shouldn't of acted like an adult if you were not capable of providing for a family. Now we have to pay for your irresponsibility. What if everyone was like you?
the hammer

Madison, WI

#84 Apr 6, 2015
When Izza eatin so guud on da link whys do I needs a job? All y'all pays a for me
one opinion

Madison, WI

#85 Apr 6, 2015
Deb wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't of acted like an adult if you were not capable of providing for a family. Now we have to pay for your irresponsibility. What if everyone was like you?
Exactly, if you can't afford kids don't have them. That's what people can't understand. Birth control what the he'll is that?? Some New invention I guess.
Tyronne

Miramar Beach, FL

#86 Apr 7, 2015
I'm going to wal mart today to buy red pop Cheetos and pork rinds with my link card. Thanks whitey
Robert Thomas

Homer Glen, IL

#87 Apr 7, 2015
You clowns don't mind paying welfare for Homer Glen in your county tax bills because they get their police protection for 30 cents on the dollar. Oh, I forgot those folks are white....they could never have a hand in your wallet. Funny how people are blind to real political theft. Cook County outfit and Democratic machine has been robbing Will County blind for decades thanks to the likes of Adelman and Walsh. Puppets that play County Exec.
Depends on view

Woodridge, IL

#88 Apr 7, 2015
Robert Thomas wrote:
You clowns don't mind paying welfare for Homer Glen in your county tax bills because they get their police protection for 30 cents on the dollar. Oh, I forgot those folks are white....they could never have a hand in your wallet. Funny how people are blind to real political theft. Cook County outfit and Democratic machine has been robbing Will County blind for decades thanks to the likes of Adelman and Walsh. Puppets that play County Exec.
I do mind paying for illegals and their anchor babies. It pisses me off when mama is on the latest phone with her stair step brats in tow paying with a LINK card. I hate being ripped off like that. Funny how people are selectively blind to real robbery.

,
BusyMom

New Lenox, IL

#89 Apr 7, 2015
I hate, hate, hate when people abuse the system. And I'm sure everybody out there thinks they know how to spot the abusers. But I would like to offer this story. Sometimes I go grocery shopping and I fill my cart with whatever I would like to buy for my family. I budget, but I am fortunate that I don't usually have to worry about what groceries I am buying. It's not like I am buying a cart full of caviar and champagne, though. We pay our own way. Once a month when go to the store I have to have separate orders. I pay for my groceries and then I buy formula with WIC coupons. People have said such hateful things to me and judged the things in my cart. If I am on WIC, why am I buying this or that? To be honest, it really isn't any of their business. Should I sit in the line at the grocery store and explain to the jerk behind me that my husband works, I'm a stay-at-home mom, and we are perfectly able to pay the way for our three kids? It just so happens that we are also foster parents and formula is REALLY expensive. REALLY. Expensive. So we use the WIC coupons that come along with having a foster child. Actually right now I have 3 foster children, 2 of whom are under the age of 1. All three of them are eligible for WIC benefits but we only use the coupons for formula and nothing else. More is offered but we don't use it. Should I sit there and explain to some stranger that I look like a wreck at 11 pm at Jewel, but really I've been dealing with a baby that is still dealing with side effects of being born drug exposed and another one is sick? Should I mention my preschooler is scared and acting out because he has no idea what is going on in his world and I have three other kids to get on the bus every day as well? No? Person behind me at the store, you can go home a stew in your righteous indignation and post comments on the internet. I'm tired and I don't really care what you think in the line at Jewel.
Tell me more

Mokena, IL

#90 Apr 7, 2015
Robert Thomas wrote:
You clowns don't mind paying welfare for Homer Glen in your county tax bills because they get their police protection for 30 cents on the dollar. Oh, I forgot those folks are white....they could never have a hand in your wallet. Funny how people are blind to real political theft. Cook County outfit and Democratic machine has been robbing Will County blind for decades thanks to the likes of Adelman and Walsh. Puppets that play County Exec.
If you think Larry Walsh is part of the Cook County machine then you are full of shit. It's real easy to be lazy and say he is part of the machine just because he is a Democrat. If you've got some kind of proof then post it. Republicans run this county despite the fact the current county executive is a Democrat.
So go ahead and tell us exactly how The Democratic machine has been robbing Will County. I want you to tell me how Adelman and Walsh are to blame for this robbery. You like to run your mouth so here is your chance to run it some more. Enlighten me oh wise one.
Depends on view

Carol Stream, IL

#91 Apr 7, 2015
BusyMom wrote:
I hate, hate, hate when people abuse the system. And I'm sure everybody out there thinks they know how to spot the abusers. But I would like to offer this story. Sometimes I go grocery shopping and I fill my cart with whatever I would like to buy for my family. I budget, but I am fortunate that I don't usually have to worry about what groceries I am buying. It's not like I am buying a cart full of caviar and champagne, though. We pay our own way. Once a month when go to the store I have to have separate orders. I pay for my groceries and then I buy formula with WIC coupons. People have said such hateful things to me and judged the things in my cart. If I am on WIC, why am I buying this or that? To be honest, it really isn't any of their business. Should I sit in the line at the grocery store and explain to the jerk behind me that my husband works, I'm a stay-at-home mom, and we are perfectly able to pay the way for our three kids? It just so happens that we are also foster parents and formula is REALLY expensive. REALLY. Expensive. So we use the WIC coupons that come along with having a foster child. Actually right now I have 3 foster children, 2 of whom are under the age of 1. All three of them are eligible for WIC benefits but we only use the coupons for formula and nothing else. More is offered but we don't use it. Should I sit there and explain to some stranger that I look like a wreck at 11 pm at Jewel, but really I've been dealing with a baby that is still dealing with side effects of being born drug exposed and another one is sick? Should I mention my preschooler is scared and acting out because he has no idea what is going on in his world and I have three other kids to get on the bus every day as well? No? Person behind me at the store, you can go home a stew in your righteous indignation and post comments on the internet. I'm tired and I don't really care what you think in the line at Jewel.
Your story sounds made up. You have three foster children, two under the age of 2? Just doesn't ring true.
BusyMom

New Lenox, IL

#92 Apr 7, 2015
Depends on view wrote:
<quoted text>
Your story sounds made up. You have three foster children, two under the age of 2? Just doesn't ring true.
Completely true. I have three children. We had a baby placed with us last fall and then in February we had a call for a 4 year old and his baby sister. Actually, according to DCFS foster care guidelines Section 402.15.b you are allowed to have 4 children under the age of 6 or 2 children under the age of 2. But honestly, if it means keeping siblings together an DCFS or a private agency will evaluate your license to see if you are capable of handling more. Is there more you would like to know so I can prove myself to some random person on the internet?

Would you like to know about the licensing process? Would you like to know about the background check, the fingerprinting, the three home visits, and the 9 weeks my husband and I sat through PRIDE training so the state could give us the ok to be foster parents? Would you like me to tell you about the amount of time I spend dealing with government crap just so I can do things like take my family out of town for the holidays? That requires forms to be filled out and permission to be granted. Do you want to know about the ever changing rotation of court dates, parent visits, evaluations, mediations, home inspections, and case reviews I sit in? No? You just want to sit there and think you know how foster care works. Are you a foster parent? Are you a caseworker? Are you, by chance, a CASA volunteer? Are you a GAL or a lawyer who works in family court? Do you have any real world knowledge other than some 20/20 episode or a story from a friend of a friend?
Depends on view

Carol Stream, IL

#93 Apr 7, 2015
BusyMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely true. I have three children. We had a baby placed with us last fall and then in February we had a call for a 4 year old and his baby sister. Actually, according to DCFS foster care guidelines Section 402.15.b you are allowed to have 4 children under the age of 6 or 2 children under the age of 2. But honestly, if it means keeping siblings together an DCFS or a private agency will evaluate your license to see if you are capable of handling more. Is there more you would like to know so I can prove myself to some random person on the internet?
Would you like to know about the licensing process? Would you like to know about the background check, the fingerprinting, the three home visits, and the 9 weeks my husband and I sat through PRIDE training so the state could give us the ok to be foster parents? Would you like me to tell you about the amount of time I spend dealing with government crap just so I can do things like take my family out of town for the holidays? That requires forms to be filled out and permission to be granted. Do you want to know about the ever changing rotation of court dates, parent visits, evaluations, mediations, home inspections, and case reviews I sit in? No? You just want to sit there and think you know how foster care works. Are you a foster parent? Are you a caseworker? Are you, by chance, a CASA volunteer? Are you a GAL or a lawyer who works in family court? Do you have any real world knowledge other than some 20/20 episode or a story from a friend of a friend?
Nope, I am none of the things you stated. Don't take in kids for cash. I hope your story is untrue because you seem a bit unhinged and probably should not be around children. We all know what a great job DCFS does with screening and monitoring for kids in their care, it always makes the news. Glad you have time to post BusyMom, give yourself a pat on the back.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#94 Apr 8, 2015
BusyMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely true. I have three children. We had a baby placed with us last fall and then in February we had a call for a 4 year old and his baby sister. Actually, according to DCFS foster care guidelines Section 402.15.b you are allowed to have 4 children under the age of 6 or 2 children under the age of 2. But honestly, if it means keeping siblings together an DCFS or a private agency will evaluate your license to see if you are capable of handling more. Is there more you would like to know so I can prove myself to some random person on the internet?
Would you like to know about the licensing process? Would you like to know about the background check, the fingerprinting, the three home visits, and the 9 weeks my husband and I sat through PRIDE training so the state could give us the ok to be foster parents? Would you like me to tell you about the amount of time I spend dealing with government crap just so I can do things like take my family out of town for the holidays? That requires forms to be filled out and permission to be granted. Do you want to know about the ever changing rotation of court dates, parent visits, evaluations, mediations, home inspections, and case reviews I sit in? No? You just want to sit there and think you know how foster care works. Are you a foster parent? Are you a caseworker? Are you, by chance, a CASA volunteer? Are you a GAL or a lawyer who works in family court? Do you have any real world knowledge other than some 20/20 episode or a story from a friend of a friend?
Some people on this forum prefer to believe the generalized perception they have been fed rather than the obvious real life experience of someone like you. You do not fit their preconceived agenda and rather than appreciate your point that not everyone is an abuser, they will try to make you out to be a liar or biased. It has happened to many others on here who have simply tried to share their story.

It takes an incredible family to do what your family is doing, most especially an amazing woman. My family tried a manner of fostering many years ago and it tore my heart apart to give the child back. To be able to focus on the immediate good you are doing while risking your own emotional involvement is an amazingly selfless act.

Thanks for sharing your story and defending your position. And in case those little ones never get the chance to say it, thank you from them for making a difference in their lives.
Neighbor

United States

#95 Apr 8, 2015
Busy Mom..... Good for you. This world needs more just like you.
Depends on view

Carol Stream, IL

#96 Apr 8, 2015
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people on this forum prefer to believe the generalized perception they have been fed rather than the obvious real life experience of someone like you. You do not fit their preconceived agenda and rather than appreciate your point that not everyone is an abuser, they will try to make you out to be a liar or biased. It has happened to many others on here who have simply tried to share their story.
It takes an incredible family to do what your family is doing, most especially an amazing woman. My family tried a manner of fostering many years ago and it tore my heart apart to give the child back. To be able to focus on the immediate good you are doing while risking your own emotional involvement is an amazingly selfless act.
Thanks for sharing your story and defending your position. And in case those little ones never get the chance to say it, thank you from them for making a difference in their lives.
Of course St. Appalled took in foster kids.
Why would I not be able to have an opinion about a story I may not think is true?
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#97 Apr 8, 2015
Depends on view wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course St. Appalled took in foster kids.
Why would I not be able to have an opinion about a story I may not think is true?
Come on DesPlaines, isn't it possible that she is who she says she is and is just sharing another side to the story? She acknowledged abusers. For you to turn her into a liar for sharing another viewpoint was unfair.

I didn't take in "foster kids". My parents took one infant in when I was a teenager. Eighteen months later his grandmother was awarded custody. Forty years later my heart still hurts from the loss of that child. Busy Mom and my parents are saints for doing what they do. I fall short.
exromeovillan

Plainfield, IL

#98 Apr 8, 2015
Depends on view wrote:
<quoted text>
I do mind paying for illegals and their anchor babies. It pisses me off when mama is on the latest phone with her stair step brats in tow paying with a LINK card. I hate being ripped off like that. Funny how people are selectively blind to real robbery.
,
I couldn't agree more. I that some people need and deserve the help through link but my experience yesterday sickened me. A Latin American woman under 40 overweight, 4 kids under the age of 5 (I assume) all over weight. The woman couldn't communicate at all with the cashier so a Spanish speaking employee had to be brought over. After it was all said and done out came the link card. After I paid for my groceries I noticed the woman and kids piling into a newer model chevy silverado ( 40,000) vehicle. As I pulled out behind her I wound up following her all the way into my subdivision. Where she pulled in to a driveway next to a work truck with a company logo on it. My point is this woman has a spouse but because she's not legally married here she qualifies for all the breaks. Turns out the house is section 8 . So bottom line is I struggle to provide food from that grocery store and I bust my behind to keep up on the home that I bought pre08 (so I'm way upside down). Meanwhile a family of immigrants live my lifestyle for next to nothing.
Scam

New Lenox, IL

#99 Apr 9, 2015
exromeovillan wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more. I that some people need and deserve the help through link but my experience yesterday sickened me. A Latin American woman under 40 overweight, 4 kids under the age of 5 (I assume) all over weight. The woman couldn't communicate at all with the cashier so a Spanish speaking employee had to be brought over. After it was all said and done out came the link card. After I paid for my groceries I noticed the woman and kids piling into a newer model chevy silverado ( 40,000) vehicle. As I pulled out behind her I wound up following her all the way into my subdivision. Where she pulled in to a driveway next to a work truck with a company logo on it. My point is this woman has a spouse but because she's not legally married here she qualifies for all the breaks. Turns out the house is section 8 . So bottom line is I struggle to provide food from that grocery store and I bust my behind to keep up on the home that I bought pre08 (so I'm way upside down). Meanwhile a family of immigrants live my lifestyle for next to nothing.
I see your point and do feel the same, however is it possible this woman was a babysitter or housekeeper?
The scamming that goes on is not right. I saw a couple in Wal-Mart paying with Link but dressed like they make what Trump makes. IPhone's, manicure, hair weave, big newer SUV, leather coats, and a Link card.
proud american

Chicago, IL

#100 Apr 10, 2015
good luck trying to further restrict what can be purchased with the link card. PepsiCo, Kraft, Coca-Cola and others will do everything in their power to keep their products eligible.
Robert Thomas

Homer Glen, IL

#101 Apr 12, 2015
Tell me more wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think Larry Walsh is part of the Cook County machine then you are full of shit. It's real easy to be lazy and say he is part of the machine just because he is a Democrat. If you've got some kind of proof then post it. Republicans run this county despite the fact the current county executive is a Democrat.
So go ahead and tell us exactly how The Democratic machine has been robbing Will County. I want you to tell me how Adelman and Walsh are to blame for this robbery. You like to run your mouth so here is your chance to run it some more. Enlighten me oh wise one.
Will County has always been Cook County's little side project. Will County was given two Casinos because the skim was already set up back to Cook County. All those temp jobs with no threat of real wages offered in Will County distribution centers? You go right to Republican and Democrat. In Will County everyone gets a cut and stays quiet. But first the real bosses get their cut out of our fine little county. The only thing missing in Will County are the Feds showing up to shut it down. Check where Mr Walsh gets his campaign money. It isn't Will County. Adelman was a puppet too. Frontman with no criminal record thrown in to mind the skim. What moniker are you going to respond with now genius? Will County has been robbed blind for decades and now the population has grown to the point where it needs to stop.
Tell me more

Mokena, IL

#102 Apr 12, 2015
Robert Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>Will County has always been Cook County's little side project. Will County was given two Casinos because the skim was already set up back to Cook County. All those temp jobs with no threat of real wages offered in Will County distribution centers? You go right to Republican and Democrat. In Will County everyone gets a cut and stays quiet. But first the real bosses get their cut out of our fine little county. The only thing missing in Will County are the Feds showing up to shut it down. Check where Mr Walsh gets his campaign money. It isn't Will County. Adelman was a puppet too. Frontman with no criminal record thrown in to mind the skim. What moniker are you going to respond with now genius? Will County has been robbed blind for decades and now the population has grown to the point where it needs to stop.
That's a nice story. It's very plausible. You proved nothing to back up your claim Larry Walsh is part of the Chicago Machine. You need to give a little more detail than that genius. Why don't you tell us where Mr Walsh gets his campaign money? Don't tell me to check. If you know then post some proof to back up your story. You just said nothing. You make me laugh. Keep running your mouth. Republicans run this county. Republicans run New Lenox. Deal with it and quit trying to blame Democrats in general for everything.
You don't have any hard evidence or detail to support your story. You lose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama " The Wall" 4 hr Pope Francis 12
New poll shows MAJORITY of female voters.... 4 hr Appalled 18
There's a name for Trump's brand of politics: 4 hr long dong 22
40,000+ attend Sanders Rally in Oakland, CA! 4 hr Appalled 2
If you can read this, 4 hr long dong 6
Did you know?? 4 hr female taco 9
161 Days 4 hr Trump hates America 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages