Noise issue key to return of Electric Daisy Carnival

May 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Herald-News

The Electric Daisy Carnival in Joliet generated 500 calls over the weekend to the New Lenox 911 Center, Mayor Tim Baldermann said.

Comments
41 - 55 of 55 Comments Last updated Oct 6, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Boooo

Des Plaines, IL

#43 Jun 3, 2013
Being a man in my early 30s I see a lot of,points both ways on this one. I live close by New Lenox and close to the racetrack. I drive a H2, likeRap music over anything else, love sports and to play golf, and pretty much despise country music and redneck people more then most. But I am all for any event having a good time no matter the event. My wife drags me to country stuff all the time.. With that being said this event blaring a high volume at 2 to 4am is out of hand. And I'm not saying this on my account. I don't work weekends with my job. The problem is that having two kids under 3 in the house. Babies wake up when a spider farts louds, and this made for 3 very long nights. it's not fair to the litte ones in house holds. Insaynthe event should go on next year, but the lusicmis off at 12, just like every other out door event. Keep your lights on, maybe smaller DJs etc... But in fairness to the babie in the area the music needs to stop. If they cant handle it then go to Vegas where the rest of adults to have a weekend fun away from kids.
Keep Calm and Rave On

Marina Del Rey, CA

#44 Jun 19, 2013
^^ Can't even spell :) haha.
just turn it down

Ashburn, VA

#45 Jun 19, 2013
^^^^^^inconsiderate punk. ;)
Tate

Melrose Park, IL

#46 Aug 22, 2013
Lawyer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure there were plenty of people who didn't do drugs but that doesn't negate the large numbers who did. It needs to end at 11pm just like it did in New York and Las Vegas. Vegas has now moved it out to the desert, 15 miles from any populated areas just so they can keep it open until 5:30am. I bet the only reason the EDC came to Joliet is because they got what they wanted which is a 4am closing time and no noise restrictions.
Well edc new york is a new venue this year and will be a 3 day music and camping festivla. And i bet it wont be getting shut down a 11pm.
Mike

Chicago, IL

#47 Aug 23, 2013
Brodie wrote:
Also, i feel that the noise complaints are a little exaggerated since i could barely hear it from the parking lot when i left/got there.
I don't have a problem with the concert itself. I'm sure it was a blast and if it was 20 years ago (and had better music ;-)), I probably would have been there myself. I do have a problem with the 4am part of it.

However, I disagree with you on this statement. I live a few miles directly east of the track and I could hear the bass kicking loud and clear. I actually thought it was a graduation party or something happening right down the street and figured the cops would break it up soon enough.
Stoopidkids

Woodridge, IL

#48 Aug 24, 2013
Tate wrote:
<quoted text>
Well edc new york is a new venue this year and will be a 3 day music and camping festivla. And i bet it wont be getting shut down a 11pm.
Edc New York ended at 11 pm. So stfu stupid punk kids
just say no

West Chicago, IL

#49 Sep 1, 2013
more than a generation

Manhattan, IL

#50 Sep 1, 2013
just say no wrote:
http://music.yahoo.com/news/el ectric-zoo-canceled-two-deaths -during-festival-134023883-rol ling-stone.html
please! So what you are saying is that electronic music takes over them minds of young children through military concoctions ? Whoa? That is heavy stuff to contimplate ... Or do you believe some drug addicts attended the fest and died? Please explain,I am puzzled
Fred

Manhattan, IL

#51 Sep 2, 2013
Music sucks, it's too loud, children are trying to sleep, we don't need all of those extra drugs floating around, the teens around here get high enough from their mom's prescription meds. Shut it down.
agreed

Chicago, IL

#53 Sep 2, 2013
Fred wrote:
Music sucks, it's too loud, children are trying to sleep, we don't need all of those extra drugs floating around, the teens around here get high enough from their mom's prescription meds. Shut it down.
true
Booo

New Lenox, IL

#55 Sep 26, 2013
Thank God it's over!!!
Wow

Frankfort, IL

#56 Sep 26, 2013
I can't wait until it comes back! By far one of the best concerts/festival I have ever attended! BTW I hate how the people who attend this are stereotyped as bad people when really everyone is super nice. Not one fight happened in 3days that's got to say something about the concert goers.
Music Lover

Mokena, IL

#57 Oct 1, 2013
I thought it was great! Cain't wait til it comes back next year.
Music Man

Mokena, IL

#58 Oct 6, 2013
Can't wait til next year.
get real

Manhattan, IL

#59 Oct 6, 2013
Got to be a queer to listen to that shit!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Sadistic Homosexu... 49,509
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 34 min newpoly 1,905
Why are we letting Americans go hungry? 2 hr Mr Bojangles 6
Charlestons 2 hr Huh 12
Tea Tards Gone Wild 9 hr GO Sharky 40
another child missing from wilson creek 11 hr Nick 6
Two Illinois Coal Power Plants Going Offline Thu Romeoville resident 9
•••
•••
•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000