Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

I couldn't believe my eyes. How many times have I seen Lockport PD chase people away from parking at the front of Walmart. Yesterday I was at Walmart and many police vehicles marked and unmarked were parked in the fire lane area. I thought something must really be wrong inside. I asked an employee if it was safe to go inside. After being told it was I found out they all parked there for shop with a cop. So they all parked there so they didn't have to find a parking spot not because they were called there. Must be nice to be special and feel entitled. I guess it's do as I say not as I do. Typical from the City of Lockport.
johnny5

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

you are the dumbest person to comment in the history if topix. i bet you complained it was cold yesterday too. are you upset the needy children go oresents too?
Walmart wrote:
I couldn't believe my eyes. How many times have I seen Lockport PD chase people away from parking at the front of Walmart. Yesterday I was at Walmart and many police vehicles marked and unmarked were parked in the fire lane area. I thought something must really be wrong inside. I asked an employee if it was safe to go inside. After being told it was I found out they all parked there for shop with a cop. So they all parked there so they didn't have to find a parking spot not because they were called there. Must be nice to be special and feel entitled. I guess it's do as I say not as I do. Typical from the City of Lockport.
Back at Walmart

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

So you're complaining that the police, while doing charity work for children, park their cars near the front of the store so they have access to them in an emergency? You're a freakin' tool.
someone w some thanks

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

So you are saying they were wrong to leave parking spots for other customers and bring attention to the fact they were helping kids and families from the community...maybe you should try helping some time...kudos to the officers for helping the community...try it some time you might find something better to complain about.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Walmart wrote:
This is the mentality of people like Tom Kelley and Dick Van dyke who voted for no pay raises for the police. Then paid Bert and Ernie $50,000.00 to fight the arbitration against the police union. In the end the city lost. Thanks to all you Tom, Dick and Denises out there who have little respect for the Lockport police.
Walmart

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

johnny5 wrote:
you are the dumbest person to comment in the history if topix. i bet you complained it was cold yesterday too. are you upset the needy children go oresents too?
<quoted text>
No the presents are great. These officers were off duty and should find a parking spot just like all of us. The parking lot has enough room for all. If they were on duty it would be a different story.
Walmart

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Back at Walmart wrote:
So you're complaining that the police, while doing charity work for children, park their cars near the front of the store so they have access to them in an emergency? You're a freakin' tool.
They were not on duty officers so they should find a parking spot and not fill up the whole fire lane area. It's a fire lane area not a police services area. I'm not hating on the police just think if they are not on duty they should find a parking spot. Some of them didn't even have a full uniform on. They should set a better example for everyone instead of just preaching.
Walmart

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Back at Walmart wrote:
These officers were off duty. I see officers park in parking spots while on duty and run inside to shop so why not that morning. There was plenty of parking for everyone and them parking in the fire area did not save someone from not having a parking spot. I think the charity work is great and adopt a family every Thanksgiving and Christmas. If we can't park there just incase a fire breaks out why can they? It would have taken alot more time to move those cars then it would for the person sitting in their car waiting for someone to come out. I'm thankful for my police department just wish they would practice what the preach setting a better example for all. Maybe the chief should look at the video and ticket all of them just like we get if we park there.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Walmart wrote:
<quoted text>
These officers were off duty. I see officers park in parking spots while on duty and run inside to shop so why not that morning. There was plenty of parking for everyone and them parking in the fire area did not save someone from not having a parking spot. I think the charity work is great and adopt a family every Thanksgiving and Christmas. If we can't park there just incase a fire breaks out why can they? It would have taken alot more time to move those cars then it would for the person sitting in their car waiting for someone to come out. I'm thankful for my police department just wish they would practice what the preach setting a better example for all. Maybe the chief should look at the video and ticket all of them just like we get if we park there.
These are tax payer paid for vehicles, driven by police officers. They are doing charitable work. Whether on their own time or not they are always on duty. With the cars parked together, the police cars (tax payer owned) are better protected against vandals. How much expensive equipment,(paid for by tax payers) are in those cars?

Some people are never satisfied about anything and want to always complain. They probably would pour water on a drowning man, and complain that the medics didn't get there on time.
taxpayer

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Back at Walmart wrote:
Were they doing this "charitable" work while on duty?... So instead of being out there protecting the city... we paid them to go shopping.... really
taxpayer

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Lockport Local wrote:
<quoted text>These are tax payer paid for vehicles, driven by police officers. They are doing charitable work. Whether on their own time or not they are always on duty. With the cars parked together, the police cars (tax payer owned) are better protected against vandals. How much expensive equipment,(paid for by tax payers) are in those cars?
Some people are never satisfied about anything and want to always complain. They probably would pour water on a drowning man, and complain that the medics didn't get there on time.
They are always on duty... so what you are saying is it is ok for them to use the squad car togo grocery shopping for their family . After all they are always on duty... Date with the wife... take the squad ... always on duty....

The point that Walmart was making is valid.... they expect the citizen to follow the rules. Yet on their off hours... they can break them to suit their needs. This is no different from them, and their families to be able to speed with impunity....speed laws, unless SEVERELY broken, won't be cited if you are a cop or cop wife.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
They are always on duty... so what you are saying is it is ok for them to use the squad car togo grocery shopping for their family . After all they are always on duty... Date with the wife... take the squad ... always on duty....
The point that Walmart was making is valid.... they expect the citizen to follow the rules. Yet on their off hours... they can break them to suit their needs. This is no different from them, and their families to be able to speed with impunity....speed laws, unless SEVERELY broken, won't be cited if you are a cop or cop wife.
I have a feeling that the poster doesn't get it, in that the police officers were on their own time doing charitable work. The cars were parked up front to protect the police cars from vandalism or theft of the equipment. I think you are stretching it a bit in characterizing how policemen act in the driving of their cars. If you feel that this is true then you should report them to their superiors. Speeding with impunity, I doubt that!
johnny5

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Taxpayer and Walmart must be upset for getting ticketed in the fire lane. Go buy s box of tissues crybabies!
Great job making somebodies Christmas more bright, boys and girls.
taxpayer

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

johnny5 wrote:
Taxpayer and Walmart must be upset for getting ticketed in the fire lane. Go buy s box of tissues crybabies!
Nope never got a ticket for that. I applaud their shop with a cop deal... just wish they didnt have a do as I say not as I do attitude.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

johnny5 wrote:
I guess they haven't figured out that some people due the right thing toward kids at this time of year. They must be living in a cave somewhere or don't have that "generosity gene". It is very sad that you make excuses about your own inadequacys by making light of others charitable works.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Lockport Local wrote:
<quoted text>I guess they haven't figured out that some people due the right thing toward kids at this time of year. They must be living in a cave somewhere or don't have that "generosity gene". It is very sad that you make excuses about your own inadequacys by making light of others charitable works.
So because we dont like the cops breaking the laws... we dont have the geneosity gene.... Right...
The Under Dog

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Were they doing this "charitable" work while on duty?... So instead of being out there protecting the city... we paid them to go shopping.... really
Just saying, I cannot believe the utter crap being said here. First of all, the officers were ALL OFF DUTY! Second if all, the reason for parking there was for the kids! To get pictures or what ever! Also, they were ALL in uniform! Another tidbit is that if they needed to move for an emergency, THEY HAVE RADIOS! The cars could have been moved in an instant! Get real people! You all should be ashamed of yourselves crabbing about petty things! This day was for kids that are not privileged in any way, shape, or form! They gave back to the community and took the time away from other family obligations in order to do something positive! People who have to degrade others are senseless! Ask yourself, what have you done for under privileged children this year... Ya, that's what I thought. So go back to your fake pipe dream realm if life...you probably kicked puppies for fun.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

The Under Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saying, I cannot believe the utter crap being said here. First of all, the officers were ALL OFF DUTY! Second if all, the reason for parking there was for the kids! To get pictures or what ever! Also, they were ALL in uniform! Another tidbit is that if they needed to move for an emergency, THEY HAVE RADIOS! The cars could have been moved in an instant! Get real people! You all should be ashamed of yourselves crabbing about petty things! This day was for kids that are not privileged in any way, shape, or form! They gave back to the community and took the time away from other family obligations in order to do something positive! People who have to degrade others are senseless! Ask yourself, what have you done for under privileged children this year... Ya, that's what I thought. So go back to your fake pipe dream realm if life...you probably kicked puppies for fun.
Good morning and a big Amen to that!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joliet Discussions

Search the Joliet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tea Party POS 1 hr Astronaut Yellowhammer 42
Tea Party Values 1 hr Sharky 243
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr WWJD 5,750
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Hetero 48,678
Obama by the numbers 6-2014 1 hr Astronaut Yellowhammer 23
America the Fed Up 1 hr Astronaut Yellowhammer 15
That's What Iam Talk'n About 1 hr Astronaut Yellowhammer 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••