United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

Dustybones wrote:
I know where the hill is because I live there and you people have no idea what you are talking about. We do read here and we are not all druggies and gangbangers. Matter of fact I think Plainfield and Shorewood are passing us up quite nicely. The hill is located between the south side of Lockport and the east side of Joliet. I have lived here for 22 years and would rather live here than some uppity place where people think their you know what doesn't stink. Andjust why are you interested in finding the Hill. Site seeing or what? I wonder why you got pulled over by the police. They never pull me over.
We have no idea what we're talking about?? HAHAHAHAH and shorewoods passing you up huh? hah.. Lay off the drugs honey. Maybe if you get off the hill it might be easier. lmao. unreal. Sticking up for the slums. What in the hell is wrong with people. Yea, you're right. Maybe they should slap a classy restaurant in the middle of the hill too.. Gee I don't know why they don't.
Doober21

Cary, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

once you people move away from joliet and then come back to visit, you will see how dirty of a town it really is.
Paul Revere

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Judged:

Doober21 wrote:
once you people move away from joliet and then come back to visit, you will see how dirty of a town it really is.
Depends where you moved from? Joliet is a town that only gets better everyday if the people try to make it that way. It's to bad that they don't.
dc from joliet

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

I don't know where dragonfly was at but, she wasn't on the hill. I have lived on the east side of Joliet for 26 years and they have always had signs on the streets. I am also white, and alot of people including my wife to stay off the hill. I never did and everyone I met was very friendly to me. Also I have attended the little
Baptist church on Cutter Aven. And by the way it is very nice. The only thing I evry noticed is I think that most people on the hill had low finances but, in a lot of ways these folks are very rich. So my apinion is this if you don't know what your talking about you should keep your comments to your self.
JCA kids are losers

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Worst area of Jolet-the area down by Old St. Pat's Church, near Sheridan school. Full of white trash and gangbangers, near Illinois Street.
jpc79

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

Judged:

I live in Joliet and work for a moving company that goes up to "the hill" quite often to move furniture and such. I must tell you that this neighborhood is extremely dangerous and resembles a de-militarized zone. The epicenter of this ghetto is Garvin st, Fairmont ave,
Englewood ave, a couple other streets I can't remember. Joliet Police have had to enter this area in riot gear just in the past few years, and have bricks, eggs, and other things thrown at their cars, also gunshots left and right. If you go down to Woodruff Ave. and Collins St. by the old prison, and stand there at night...you can hear the gunshots going off constantly. Once when I was delivering furniture there at night, we had to deliver the furniture literally in the middle of a gang riot, it was unbelievable. I have delivered all over Chicago's south and west sides, and have never seen anything like what I saw that night. After the delivery we had to drive right through the rioting crown because it's all one way streets. I don't know how my co-worker and I made it out of there that night...but I have made it a point that I will not go back up to the hill past sundown. All this bullsh!t about the hill coming back from it's past is a lie. I'm up there alot and people up there tell me how dangerous it is all the time. The only way to deal with it is knock it down and relocate all of it's residents to other cities...then the area might resemble what it once was back in the early twentieth century.
jpc79

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

Judged:

Tony Ray wrote:
I am president of the Forest Park Community Center where Louise Ray is Executive Director.
As you call it "The Hill" is dead. the area you are referring to is known as Forest Park. It is a wonderful neighborhood, yes it did need cleaning up but that has been done...residents are very proud of their neighborhood. Through the Community Center and the City of Joliet, much land has been purchased, drug houses from years past have been torn down and an abundance of new homes have been built, play lots for kids erected and still much more to come. You you want or care to know the truth and not old rumors I invite you to stop in at the Forest Park Community Center to see first hand why we are proud of this neighborhood and it's residents.
Yeah that's why you live in channahon, right? Because Forest Park is so great?
Adan

Thornton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

I'm from the end so "beep" yall
gerald

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Judged:

i'm tired of hearing all this bull---- about the hill, I lived on the hill all my life and I don't think it's all that bad, one thing I can say is that if you don't know the hill it can be dangerous like any other neighborhood! so just be careful when you come on the hill, because the po-po's will get yo ---!
GySgt Page

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Hello to all. I went to Forest Park school and grew up playing ball all over the hill and joliet. Currently in Iraq and thought I would check the web to see how Joliet is doing. Those critics that talk bad about the Hill don't know the hill. I am grateful for everything the Hill provided me. The older residents in Joliet are the ones you should be asking the questions to about the Hill. They have seen the great citiziens that the Hill has produced. I will not candy coat it, there were gangs and drugs when I grew up. Thanks to my parents and concerned neighboors I think I came out pretty good. Those that think bullets are flying on the Hill, Come join me over here!
Hello Tony, and Mrs Ray hope you remember me.
ned

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

the hill smells
A Ray

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2008

My Father and his brother were raised on the "Hill". My grandmother and grandfather didn't do to bad. My Grandma runs most of it and made changes;so you all need to stop being scary!
DJP

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2008

It is dirty- always has been, always will be a drug infested neighborhood. You can sit there and deny it all you want, but you know it is true. The city needs to clean it up- and clean it out! My mother "sunrise" and younger sister go to the hill every week- this is one reason I no longer talk or see them. The hill is a place that exists-it needs to completely cleaned up! What a pathetic way to live your life. Really, the state should be helping these people clean their lives up and their neighborhood to make it a safer, better place to live.
funnybone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

DJP wrote:
It is dirty- always has been, always will be a drug infested neighborhood. You can sit there and deny it all you want, but you know it is true. The city needs to clean it up- and clean it out! My mother "sunrise" and younger sister go to the hill every week- this is one reason I no longer talk or see them. The hill is a place that exists-it needs to completely cleaned up! What a pathetic way to live your life. Really, the state should be helping these people clean their lives up and their neighborhood to make it a safer, better place to live.
are they buying drugs? Is this why you don't talk to or see them anymore?
Jen H

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Judged:

Hey DustyBones, I was driving by Silver Cross Hospital, and became lost one time. A police officer saw that I was well dresses and driving a nice car and flaged me down.His exact words were "Follow me out of this area you do not want to end up lost over here this is one of the worst places in the United States." The Hill is the dirtiest,drugridden,disgusting place in Illinois.I wish we could nuke the entire area.Not one person would be missed.The children will end up just like the disgusting people they live with.I live in Lemont and Yes there are drugs everywhere but one difference is we don't stand on the corner out in the open smoking and selling crack! I was not raised wealthy, in fact we had very little money,but we were never on welfare, my dad worked hard and now he owns a large company.He started from the bottom at 15 years old.I live in a nice home because I have an education,as well as my husband,I will raise my7 children the same way. I have never told him to discriminate agianst anyone, I raise them to get an education and never judge others as well as have a relationship with god.I however am jaded for I have seen alot in my day.I do not have a spare car with no wheels in my front lawn,why is basic upkeep of your home so difficult it does not cost anything to clean your yard up!I have lived in Uptown in Chicago and West Joliet, I would like any form of proof that the"Hill" is a great place to live...lol.I am so sick of my tax dollars going to a bunch of lazy people that have money for their fake nails, hair,and name brand clothes..ohh and lets not forget how important rims and a stero is plus a gun so you can keep killing each other(wait keep that one up)but can't by roach spray or a lawnmower,anything for basic upkeep.Plus the less money you have you get free college...wtf.I am still paying my college loans off no free school for me.
jhollistr

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Judged:

Hey DJP what are the chances i noticed your moms nickname.Its me jenny wb it has to be fate..lol
jhollistr

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

DJP wrote:
DJP it's me jenny write back how the hell did i happen to come across this page.
mitch

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

they tore down the poole gardens complex i was driving through the area recently and noticed that. where is the other housing project in the hill area? i have never seen it

“Do what makes you happy, live ”

Since: Apr 07

Joliet Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

mitch wrote:
they tore down the poole gardens complex i was driving through the area recently and noticed that. where is the other housing project in the hill area? i have never seen it
Well section 8 dollars went to tear the slums down, I guess I need to be a po" section 8 resuck to get my house cheap and drive down property values...http://willcountywatc her.wordpress.com
Mike

Shorewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Judged:

Diversity has caused the drug/gangs/criminals to expand to all areas of our country.
I remember when the government said they were going to lower the differences between blacks and whites. They sure have!
And now to make the hispanics feel welcome we should all go and worship a rust spot under a viaduct somewhere. And, try to shoot a couple of blacks out your car window on your way there! We wouldn't want to make the hispanics feel like they are in a foreign country!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Will County was issued at August 22 at 8:18AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE