Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52051 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#49928 Feb 1, 2014
Ace wrote:
There has to be a stopping point to most everything. So when is the stopping point to equality? Beasteanity? People that love their animals could make just as good of argument for love an equality as gay PEOPLE can about marriage.
You just answered your own question.

PEOPLE.

You see, an animal does not have the ability to consent to a marriage contract. Never has. Never will. Only adult humans in their right minds have that ability.

Now, can you answer me why so many anti-marriage folks like yourself have difficulty in understanding the legal and cognitive differences between humans and animals? The rest of us just don't get that.

Location hidden

#49929 Feb 1, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/maine-co urt-rules-favor-transgender-pu pil-165405315.html
this happened when he/she was in the 5th grade now the he/she is in high school.
And they are still going after the grade school over a bathroom issue.
This is a good example of how vindictive gays are.
The gay agenda has no time limits on FORCING everyone to accept their life choices.
Again, you are confused. There is no mention in the article that this girl is gay, and it would be irrelevant if she was.

But of course she should be able to use the girl's restroom. She's a girl. Would you rather she go to the men's room? Can you tell us ONE problem with her using the Women's room? Are people watching her go? Is she doing anything private in public? Why would it be a problem?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Kansas City, MO.

#49930 Feb 1, 2014
IMPORTANT NOTICE wrote:
Homosexual go to hell when they die ....... Homosexual go to hell when they die ....... Homosexual go to hell when they die ....... Homosexual go to hell when they die ....... Homosexual go to hell when they die ....... Homosexual go to hell when they die ....... Homosexual go to hell when they die ....... Homosexual go to hell when they die ....... Homosexual go to hell when they die ....... Homosexual go to hell when they die ....... Homosexual go to hell when they die .......Homosexual go to hell when they die ..........
WOW they were right..........you can't fix stupid!!! [email protected]

Location hidden

#49931 Feb 1, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
http://healthland.time.com/201 2/07/26/i-do-i-do-i-do-i-do-po lygamy-raises-its-profile-in-a merica/
wow i no sooner wrote that post and then i found this link above.
Here is a direct quote too
. But spurred on by the same-sex marriage debate and more-sympathetic portrayals of polygamists and polyamorists in our larger culture, some plural families are coming out of the shadows and beginning to advocate for their way of life.
UNQUOTE
so i guess SS marriage would fit in well with this crowd.
And with ACE's suggestion they get to have the family dog in marriage too. I can see it now Dusty first replaced by 2 gays in his marriage and in his next marriage replaced by the family dog.
So, you blame gay people who marry one at a time, for the escapades of straight people who want to legally live in herds?

Does that really make sense to you?
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49932 Feb 1, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You just answered your own question.
PEOPLE.
You see, an animal does not have the ability to consent to a marriage contract. Never has. Never will. Only adult humans in their right minds have that ability.
Now, can you answer me why so many anti-marriage folks like yourself have difficulty in understanding the legal and cognitive differences between humans and animals? The rest of us just don't get that.
you're the first gay to bring up the point of consent to marriage.
The gays point has always been only about equal rights based on loving each other just like us heterosexuals do.

As for animals consent to marriage i think i case could be made that dogs have unconditional love towards humans.
How much more consent do you need ?
I agree with ACE there is no end to what gays will demand.
Marriage laws are just the beginning.

Location hidden

#49933 Feb 1, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i could see gays doing that.
I can also see gays wanting to have a polygamy relationships too.
maybe a 3some or 4some marriage.
Does the idea excite you? A bit creepy, that.

It could happen, but polygamy today seems to be largely restricted to heterosexual religious fundamentalists. And the downside to that, including forced under-age marriages and a surplus of young males in those communities, would be to be addressed before polygamy could become legal.

But right now, the discussion is about gay COUPLES marrying in the same way that straight people already do - one at a time.

Location hidden

#49934 Feb 1, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
The bummer about weekends is the kids come out to play on topix.
But it does prove that kids do know the difference between a NORMAL loving heterosexual marriage and the PERVERTED gays bastardized version gays call marriage.
At least you stopped pretending to be Christian. It must have been hard to keep up that false front. It's much easier just to admit that you are a run of the mill troll.

I'm gad you finally owned it.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49935 Feb 1, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you blame gay people who marry one at a time, for the escapades of straight people who want to legally live in herds?
Does that really make sense to you?
what a screwed up conclusion you made.
ROTFL i never said anything of the sort. All i did was provide a link for you.
Sven

Switzerland

#49936 Feb 1, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
The gays have been diligently working to get age of consent laws for boys lowered and pedophilia legalized. It's only a matter of time. before the liberals bow to these demands.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49937 Feb 1, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the idea excite you? A bit creepy, that.
It could happen, but polygamy today seems to be largely restricted to heterosexual religious fundamentalists. And the downside to that, including forced under-age marriages and a surplus of young males in those communities, would be to be addressed before polygamy could become legal.
But right now, the discussion is about gay COUPLES marrying in the same way that straight people already do - one at a time.
you missed the point. Sheesh i thought Dusty was slow.
Ok i'll spell it out for you.
Polygamist have gotten no where in the heterosexual community,
In fact we outlawed it.
BUT gays managed to get marriage legal by using liberal judges to go around the will of the people.
So in the article they point out gays as getting around the laws.
Its only natural polygamist will now go gay because gays can get past laws.
So look for polygamist to be the new gay.
ITS IN THE ARTICLE -- i quoted it for you
how much easier do i have to make it for you to understand.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49938 Feb 1, 2014
BTW i do find polygamist creepy. I'm against it.
Glad we heterosexuals outlawed it.
gays didnt do that we did.
Gays are going to accept them.

what makes you more mad
that i'm right
or that rabnew said you have to ignore me and you can't help yourself

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#49939 Feb 1, 2014
Ace wrote:
There has to be a stopping point to most everything. So when is the stopping point to equality? Beasteanity? People that love their animals could make just as good of argument for love an equality as gay people can about marriage.
I know the gays will say gay marriage is not about sex, it's about love and equality.
I will guarantee you that very few humans will show as much love and loyalty as me black labs does!
Now how many gays will say they support beasteanity? I bet very very few. Equality is everyones vision of freedom to choose, so if gays don't support beasteanity that gays are discriminating equality.
In 50 year beasteanity could be the next big issue for equality. You think not? Who would of ever thought gay marriage would of ever been an issue 50 year ago?
Informed consent between non-related adults. There's the stopping point you seem so desperate for.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#49940 Feb 1, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you're the first gay to bring up the point of consent to marriage.
The gays point has always been only about equal rights based on loving each other just like us heterosexuals do.
As for animals consent to marriage i think i case could be made that dogs have unconditional love towards humans.
How much more consent do you need ?
Can a dog appear before a judge and sign a paper of informed consent agreeing to marriage. When dogs can testify in court, they'll be considered marriage material.

You would agree with Ace; you're both trolling for replies.
rock

United States

#49941 Feb 1, 2014
Paper and scissors
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49942 Feb 1, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are confused. There is no mention in the article that this girl is gay, and it would be irrelevant if she was.
But of course she should be able to use the girl's restroom. She's a girl. Would you rather she go to the men's room? Can you tell us ONE problem with her using the Women's room? Are people watching her go? Is she doing anything private in public? Why would it be a problem?
well the he/she is not a normal person.
In ILLINOIS the law reads as long as you are male regardless of what you think you are you still use the male bathroom.
I'm pretty sure most states have that same law on the books.

And i'm betting she likes guys.
As long as she has male parts that makes her gay.
Whether you like it or not that is the way it is.

very few of these he/she ever become full girls. And they all are gay.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49943 Feb 1, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You would agree with Ace; you're both trolling for replies.
OMG didn't you get the message from RABNEW ?
you're suppose to ignore me.
Now don't you feel silly.
Ignoring a gay just to instead post to me. LOL you just can't resist.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49944 Feb 1, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
Or having a woman to do the tasks like cooking and cleaning. Gays by nature have no respect for women.
Wow..... I can smell your desperation all the way across the country. "Gays by nature have no respect for women?" ???? [email protected]

You have no problem with lying, do you?

Oh yeah.... FYI...... half of gays ARE women, you idiot.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49945 Feb 1, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
well the he/she is not a normal person.
In ILLINOIS the law reads as long as you are male regardless of what you think you are you still use the male bathroom.
I'm pretty sure most states have that same law on the books.
And i'm betting she likes guys.
As long as she has male parts that makes her gay.
Whether you like it or not that is the way it is.
very few of these he/she ever become full girls. And they all are gay.
You make yourself look education deprived, but then I'm sure you wear that as a badge of honor.

"As long as she has male parts that makes her gay." ?????
So the only requirement for being gay is having a penis? Somebody has a penis fixation....
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49946 Feb 1, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you stopped pretending to be Christian. It must have been hard to keep up that false front. It's much easier just to admit that you are a run of the mill troll.
I'm gad you finally owned it.
ROTFL where do you get this misconceptions ?
quote where i said i'm not a Christian go on quote it

i've always been , always will be and even after death will still be a Christian

i'll be there in heaven with God, the angels, past family, friends , and God loving strangers.
All of us will be Christians

You can guess where the gays will be and it isn't in heaven.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49947 Feb 1, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
BTW i do find polygamist creepy. I'm against it.
Glad we heterosexuals outlawed it.
gays didnt do that we did.
Gays are going to accept them.
what makes you more mad
that i'm right
or that rabnew said you have to ignore me and you can't help yourself
No, you are NOT right. You make statements that you can't back up.... probably because you just pull them out of thin air.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Come on Trump! Do what you promised!! Make Amer... 10 min MAGA 22
LW West closing 24 min Toxic dump 70
Referendum 31 min Robert Thomas 3
Democratic Leadership In IL 37 min Bobby the Brain 2
breaking news!!!!! 1 hr Robert Thomas 610
Trump takes a big dump on his loyal base 1 hr Robert Thomas 36
Our Current POTUS is a complete idiot! 12 hr MPMMB 15

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance