First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yes he was

Mokena, IL

#22 Jun 28, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton also signed NAFTA into law for all the libs that say dems are pro-union! They are pro-unions MONEY!
You are correct that Bill Clinton signed NAFTA. It was ready to go under George H. W. Bush. Bush lost the election and the Canadian Prime Minister at that time, Brian Mulroney also lost the election in Canada. Bill Clinton went ahead and signed NAFTA because he agreed with the majority of Republicans and a significant minority of Democrats that NAFTA would create American jobs. He actually went against organized labor by signing NAFTA.
I guess I don't understand your point on this one. The majority of Republicans were in support of NAFTA. Even more significant is the fact that Corporate America was 100% pro NAFTA. You seem very focused on "Liberal" and "Conservative" as being on one side or the other on all issues. That is simply not the case. The world is more complex than that.
I believe the vast majority of conservative Republicans believe Democrats are pro union. Ask Neighbor.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#23 Jun 28, 2013
Yes he was wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct that Bill Clinton signed NAFTA. It was ready to go under George H. W. Bush. Bush lost the election and the Canadian Prime Minister at that time, Brian Mulroney also lost the election in Canada. Bill Clinton went ahead and signed NAFTA because he agreed with the majority of Republicans and a significant minority of Democrats that NAFTA would create American jobs. He actually went against organized labor by signing NAFTA.
I guess I don't understand your point on this one. The majority of Republicans were in support of NAFTA. Even more significant is the fact that Corporate America was 100% pro NAFTA. You seem very focused on "Liberal" and "Conservative" as being on one side or the other on all issues. That is simply not the case. The world is more complex than that.
I believe the vast majority of conservative Republicans believe Democrats are pro union. Ask Neighbor.
My point was Republicans come out and tell you they are against unions. Democrats proclaim to be for unions and the working man. Signing NAFTA really proved that.
Yes he was

Mokena, IL

#24 Jun 29, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was Republicans come out and tell you they are against unions. Democrats proclaim to be for unions and the working man. Signing NAFTA really proved that.
One point you make is that Republicans are against unions and the working man since NAFTA was supported by the vast majority of Republicans at the time NAFTA was signed. The second point you make is that Democrats when voting with Republicans on issues like NAFTA are also against unions and the working man. If you are a union member and working man like you claim to be, doesn't that worry you?
yes it is

Manhattan, IL

#25 Jun 30, 2013
Yes he was wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Clinton effectively repealed important portions The Glass-Steagall Act by signing the Gramm-Leach-Biley Act of 1999. It was a disastrous move. Clinton should have never bought in to that Republican sponsored piece of garbage. In case your wondering the fine, upstanding, bought and paid for co-sponsors of this steaming pile of deregulating sh*t were:
Sen. Phil Gramm (R, Texas)
Rep. Jim Leach (R, Iowa)
Rep. Thomas J. Biley, Jr.(R,Virginia)

Don't worry, all three Republicans and Bill Clinton are still very wealthy.
thanks for the refresher...forgot the details, but not the aftermath
Bailouts

Mokena, IL

#26 Jun 30, 2013
"Moody’s Investors Service reported that Illinois’ true unfunded pension liability in fiscal year 2011 was nearly 65% higher than the state’s official estimate. In its report titled “Adjusted Pension Liability Medians for U.S. States,” Moody’s calculated the unfunded liabilities for Illinois’ three largest state-run pension plans at $133 billion, compared to the state’s official calculation of $81.3 billion. "

"Illinois has the worst credit score of any state in the union, having earned rating downgrades from two separate agencies in recent months. Second on that list is California — which, coincidentally, also boasts Democratic super-majorities and a Democrat governor."

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2013/06/...

Phew. I don't know how much more of this betterness I can stand!
Professor

Mokena, IL

#27 Jul 1, 2013
Yes he was wrote:
<quoted text>
One point you make is that Republicans are against unions and the working man since NAFTA was supported by the vast majority of Republicans at the time NAFTA was signed. The second point you make is that Democrats when voting with Republicans on issues like NAFTA are also against unions and the working man. If you are a union member and working man like you claim to be, doesn't that worry you?
First of all I never said Republicans are against the working man. Second point is a leading democrat who claims he is for unions and the working man, screwed both of them when he signed NAFTA. Obama also stated we will be having Union Card Checks before he was elected. Remember? I do. Where are the card checks? Point being you can say the democrats are for the working man and unions. When you look at the facts, they are not.
Painter

Mokena, IL

#28 Jul 1, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I never said Republicans are against the working man. Second point is a leading democrat who claims he is for unions and the working man, screwed both of them when he signed NAFTA. Obama also stated we will be having Union Card Checks before he was elected. Remember? I do. Where are the card checks? Point being you can say the democrats are for the working man and unions. When you look at the facts, they are not.
Why are you defending your position with these knuckleheads? They don't care. All they want to do is twist your words and make you squirm. Stop it.

You have said nothing that needs defending to these people. They can't argue the facts or even create a decent argument against what we say so they lie, obfuscate, and throw out red herrings.
Yes he was

Mokena, IL

#29 Jul 1, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to realize that is exactly what you said. Clinton did exactly what the Republicans wanted him to do. Therefore, by your own definition, Republicans were also out to screw unions and the working man. I'm not sure why you can't understand what you said.
Yes he was

Mokena, IL

#30 Jul 1, 2013
Painter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you defending your position with these knuckleheads? They don't care. All they want to do is twist your words and make you squirm. Stop it.
You have said nothing that needs defending to these people. They can't argue the facts or even create a decent argument against what we say so they lie, obfuscate, and throw out red herrings.
Professor needs more help than you have to offer. Everything I said is based on facts. You could try presenting some yourself. We all know that's not going to happen.
stupidity on parade

Mokena, IL

#31 Jul 2, 2013
Yes he was wrote:
<quoted text>
Professor needs more help than you have to offer. Everything I said is based on facts. You could try presenting some yourself. We all know that's not going to happen.
\\

Facts? Since when do liberals need facts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is running for Mayor? 1 hr ABC 19
Appointed Salaries 1 hr ABC 5
Some of you claim he's a tough, badass, "alpha ... 2 hr Appalled 6
Where oh where should we pee 3 hr holding it 1
TRUMP is a JAGOFF 3 hr Rahm Emanuel 73
More fake news from trump 4 hr Back at Ya 6
Ivanka Trump's perfume reaches #1 on Amazon 7 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 23

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance