Next Last
Four More Years

Gurnee, IL

#1 Jun 25, 2013
Cheryl Crow

Mokena, IL

#2 Jun 25, 2013
Bono: George Bush, evangelicals saved 9 million AIDS victims

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/06/24/bono-geo...
Harry Carry

Mokena, IL

#3 Jun 25, 2013
Finally! Cubs designate Carlos Marmol for assignment. Today is a better day.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...
Neighbor

La Grange Park, IL

#4 Jun 25, 2013
and the fuller story:

Consumer Confidence in the United States increased to 81.40 in June of 2013 from 74.30 in May of 2013. Consumer Confidence in the United States is reported by the The Conference Board. Historically, from 1967 until 2013, the United States Consumer Confidence averaged 93.72 reaching an all time high of 144.70 in May of 2000 and a record low of 25.30 in February of 2009. In the United States, The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index®(CCI) is a barometer of the health of the U.S. economy from the perspective of the consumer.
Four More Years

Gurnee, IL

#5 Jun 25, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
and the fuller story:
Consumer Confidence in the United States increased to 81.40 in June of 2013 from 74.30 in May of 2013. Consumer Confidence in the United States is reported by the The Conference Board. Historically, from 1967 until 2013, the United States Consumer Confidence averaged 93.72 reaching an all time high of 144.70 in May of 2000 and a record low of 25.30 in February of 2009. In the United States, The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index®(CCI) is a barometer of the health of the U.S. economy from the perspective of the consumer.
The only story I see is that consumer confidence was at an all time high when Bush was elected and was at an all time low when he left.That's an old story.Just about every economic indicator crashed after 8 years of Bush.Thanks for pointing it out.
Hobo One

Mokena, IL

#6 Jun 25, 2013
More than 1,700 Illinois workers warned in May of layoffs: June 12, 2013|Tribune staff report

"More than 1,700 Illinois workers received notice in May that they could be laid off in the coming weeks, according to filings with the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-06-12...

Only in a liberals mind are people being laid off a better day.
Neighbor

La Grange Park, IL

#7 Jun 25, 2013
Interesting you say "when he left" as opposed to saying "when Obama was POTUS".??? Or everything crashed after Obama was elected. You say toma-to, I say tomato.

You & I both know, after 5 years of Obama, we are still worse off than ever.
Four More Years

Gurnee, IL

#9 Jun 25, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
Interesting you say "when he left" as opposed to saying "when Obama was POTUS".??? Or everything crashed after Obama was elected. You say toma-to, I say tomato.
You & I both know, after 5 years of Obama, we are still worse off than ever.
I don't know that we are worse off.I know I was worse off after 8 years of Bush than I was when Clinton was in office.I know we can both agree on that one.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#10 Jun 25, 2013
Total stupidity. The liberals drive the nation into the ground and then celebrate every little increase!
Lovely

Mokena, IL

#11 Jun 26, 2013
On Wednesday, the Commerce Department reported the economy grew a weak 1.8% in the 1st Quarter, a big downward revision from its previous estimates.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

The article also states that, "Every time Commerce has reported GDP for the Quarter, it has revised its estimate downward."

Yes, it just keeps getting better out there doesn't it?
Four More Years

Gurnee, IL

#12 Jun 26, 2013
Lovely wrote:
On Wednesday, the Commerce Department reported the economy grew a weak 1.8% in the 1st Quarter, a big downward revision from its previous estimates.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
The article also states that, "Every time Commerce has reported GDP for the Quarter, it has revised its estimate downward."
Yes, it just keeps getting better out there doesn't it?
The stock market must have liked the news.It is up 165 points.The second quarter is almost over.Look to the future not the past.
Burgerandfries

Mokena, IL

#13 Jun 26, 2013
Four More Years wrote:
<quoted text>
Look to the future not the past.
I'll remember that the next time you bring up Bush, which will be in 4, 3, 2, 1......
yes it is

Manhattan, IL

#14 Jun 26, 2013
Four More Years wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know that we are worse off.I know I was worse off after 8 years of Bush than I was when Clinton was in office.I know we can both agree on that one.
wasn't Clinton responsible for passing glass/ steagle act. Permitting the banks to run wild with out restraint?
yes it is

Manhattan, IL

#15 Jun 26, 2013
Four More Years wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know that we are worse off.I know I was worse off after 8 years of Bush than I was when Clinton was in office.I know we can both agree on that one.
sorry, lifted
Selloff

Mokena, IL

#16 Jun 26, 2013
Give it up Fudge More Years, gold is tanking, too.

"Bankers said there had been a rush among wealthy individuals and asset managers to dump their gold holdings since Ben Bernanke, Federal Reserve chairman, last week set out for the first time a framework for the US central bank to exit its stimulus programme known as quantitative easing."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9aac9378-de3f-11e2-...
Four More Years

New Lenox, IL

#17 Jun 26, 2013
Selloff wrote:
Give it up Fudge More Years, gold is tanking, too.

"Bankers said there had been a rush among wealthy individuals and asset managers to dump their gold holdings since Ben Bernanke, Federal Reserve chairman, last week set out for the first time a framework for the US central bank to exit its stimulus programme known as quantitative easing."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9aac9378-de3f-11e2-...
Gold dropped $600 before Bernanke set any framework. Gold has been overbought by Paulsen,Soros and others.
mangoo

Mokena, IL

#18 Jun 26, 2013
yes it is wrote:
<quoted text>
wasn't Clinton responsible for passing glass/ steagle act. Permitting the banks to run wild with out restraint?
Clinton also signed the Defense of Marriage Act, too. Now he says he's happy it's overturned. What a tool. Wow, finally something they can't blame Bush for.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#19 Jun 26, 2013
Obama is now going to attack the economy with the killing of coal plants. Don't the liberals know that you need coal plants to generate electricity to charge up their electric cars? LOL!
Yes he was

Mokena, IL

#20 Jun 26, 2013
yes it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Clinton effectively repealed important portions The Glass-Steagall Act by signing the Gramm-Leach-Biley Act of 1999. It was a disastrous move. Clinton should have never bought in to that Republican sponsored piece of garbage. In case your wondering the fine, upstanding, bought and paid for co-sponsors of this steaming pile of deregulating sh*t were:
Sen. Phil Gramm (R, Texas)
Rep. Jim Leach (R, Iowa)
Rep. Thomas J. Biley, Jr.(R,Virginia)

Don't worry, all three Republicans and Bill Clinton are still very wealthy.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#21 Jun 27, 2013
Yes he was wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Clinton effectively repealed important portions The Glass-Steagall Act by signing the Gramm-Leach-Biley Act of 1999. It was a disastrous move. Clinton should have never bought in to that Republican sponsored piece of garbage. In case your wondering the fine, upstanding, bought and paid for co-sponsors of this steaming pile of deregulating sh*t were:
Sen. Phil Gramm (R, Texas)
Rep. Jim Leach (R, Iowa)
Rep. Thomas J. Biley, Jr.(R,Virginia)
Don't worry, all three Republicans and Bill Clinton are still very wealthy.
Clinton also signed NAFTA into law for all the libs that say dems are pro-union! They are pro-unions MONEY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crisis of Character 1 hr Dog Catcher 1
Clinton stretches lead over Trump to 14 points ... 1 hr Sharky 16
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 1 hr sickos 3,949
Honeytree Improvement Association (Aug '10) 1 hr jmd 40
Say NO to Syrian Refugees 2 hr TRUMP President o... 24
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 3 hr this time for sure 10,564
metra heritage line sucks 13 hr clpc 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages