Have you noticed

Posted in the Joliet Forum

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1 Mar 28, 2013
Every topic that has been started on here regarding FACTS, has always been replied to with vulgar, disrepect etc. HEAD COWARD,FORKED TONGUE,ABSTAINING QUEEN,SLEEPY and their band of misguided supporters on here, it appears is their only tactic available to them. Try to spin and deflect, smoke and mirrors, if that don't work, then resvert to the vulgar,disrespect, bring in peoples family, yet go in the paper and use your own mother to try and win support on sympathy. While I am confident that everyone out there does have a heart and truly feels compassion for a sick relative and it shows for I have not heard or read anyone attack this person or anyone elses family. Yet this band of malcontents always seem to be their operating stance.

Remember this when you go vote this time. Don't believe the sounds bites that was dropped off at your door. Don't believe the ramblings of them during a meeting or newspapers.

Do I feel that All those running against them have the answers and that suddenly come June 2013 we will all wake up and problems will be solved. Absolutely not. Do I feel that ALL those running against them after they are elected will at least put this city back on the right track again. YES.

Even Steve stated he does not hold bad feelings for Robinson, just would have them bid on projects which then gives the city the best bang for its money. Put out a bid process for a city engineer firm, winner gets all and becomes the city's firm and if Robinson wins the bid then so be it, but we all know Robinson would not win a bid, for they were not able to win when this procedure happened just a few years ago.

Do we need outside law firm, absolutely, only you use them as needed, not on a $150,000 plus guarantee yearly. Who paid the bill to defend a certain alderman during their petition dispute from Odelson or was that a freeby or just included with the cities regular billing. It is one thing to pay a lawyer to defend a alderman for duties while in office, but never to defend them for a election dispute.

All we can do is ask questions and be informed.

Remember a 29 million dollar mistake yesterday, but today we need 30 million dollars worth of work. Go figure. Had the rate increases not went into effect, and since this council put a stop to all projects that was supposed to pay for, now there is money in the bank which allows them to their usual tactics of go for BOND and pay interest.

In closing, remember it is this group that claims they were voted in by the will of the people and that the rest should respect those wishes. Sounds good. Then why don't this same group respect the wishes of all the voters who approved a pay as you go tax increase for the roads. Going out for BOND and paying interest was not what the voters approved either. Hence the FORKED TONGUE name fits so well as does HEAD COWARD for not answering questions during public meetings, ABSTAINING QUEEN for doing just that on a very simple vote, and of course SLEEPY that is easy to figure out.

Ok its your turn, go ahead with the usual vulger, disrespect etc. OH yes and I am Darren,Pete,Joe,Pat,Ron,Steve etc.

Location hidden

#2 Mar 28, 2013
OOOOPPPPSSSS almost forgot, there might be a mispelled word, wrong grammar and yes it was 2:30 in the morning.

Good night all
optimistic

Lockport, IL

#3 Mar 31, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
Every topic that has been started on here regarding FACTS, has always been replied to with vulgar, disrepect etc. HEAD COWARD,FORKED TONGUE,ABSTAINING QUEEN,SLEEPY and their band of misguided supporters on here, it appears is their only tactic available to them. Try to spin and deflect, smoke and mirrors, if that don't work, then resvert to the vulgar,disrespect, bring in peoples family, yet go in the paper and use your own mother to try and win support on sympathy. While I am confident that everyone out there does have a heart and truly feels compassion for a sick relative and it shows for I have not heard or read anyone attack this person or anyone elses family. Yet this band of malcontents always seem to be their operating stance.
Remember this when you go vote this time. Don't believe the sounds bites that was dropped off at your door. Don't believe the ramblings of them during a meeting or newspapers.
Do I feel that All those running against them have the answers and that suddenly come June 2013 we will all wake up and problems will be solved. Absolutely not. Do I feel that ALL those running against them after they are elected will at least put this city back on the right track again. YES.
Even Steve stated he does not hold bad feelings for Robinson, just would have them bid on projects which then gives the city the best bang for its money. Put out a bid process for a city engineer firm, winner gets all and becomes the city's firm and if Robinson wins the bid then so be it, but we all know Robinson would not win a bid, for they were not able to win when this procedure happened just a few years ago.
Do we need outside law firm, absolutely, only you use them as needed, not on a $150,000 plus guarantee yearly. Who paid the bill to defend a certain alderman during their petition dispute from Odelson or was that a freeby or just included with the cities regular billing. It is one thing to pay a lawyer to defend a alderman for duties while in office, but never to defend them for a election dispute.
All we can do is ask questions and be informed.
Remember a 29 million dollar mistake yesterday, but today we need 30 million dollars worth of work. Go figure. Had the rate increases not went into effect, and since this council put a stop to all projects that was supposed to pay for, now there is money in the bank which allows them to their usual tactics of go for BOND and pay interest.
In closing, remember it is this group that claims they were voted in by the will of the people and that the rest should respect those wishes. Sounds good. Then why don't this same group respect the wishes of all the voters who approved a pay as you go tax increase for the roads. Going out for BOND and paying interest was not what the voters approved either. Hence the FORKED TONGUE name fits so well as does HEAD COWARD for not answering questions during public meetings, ABSTAINING QUEEN for doing just that on a very simple vote, and of course SLEEPY that is easy to figure out.
Ok its your turn, go ahead with the usual vulger, disrespect etc. OH yes and I am Darren,Pete,Joe,Pat,Ron,Steve etc.
Let's be optimistic and meant Steve Streit. He is a great man and will make a great Mayor. I am voting for him. I am also voting for we Brian Smith and I hope Jason V. gets elected and Kris Capadona. They are both gentlemen. I also hope Darren D. gets elected as I think he is very much for the townspeople . Got to go eat my Easter eggs. My daughter will not forgive me otherwise. Wish I could take my family to a real nice restaurant in town this morning but there is none. We are going out for lunch in Romeoville and have a sit down turkey dinner at a fine dining restaurant. It will happen here!

Location hidden

#4 Apr 2, 2013
optimistic wrote:
<quoted text> Let's be optimistic and meant Steve Streit. He is a great man and will make a great Mayor. I am voting for him. I am also voting for we Brian Smith and I hope Jason V. gets elected and Kris Capadona. They are both gentlemen. I also hope Darren D. gets elected as I think he is very much for the townspeople . Got to go eat my Easter eggs. My daughter will not forgive me otherwise. Wish I could take my family to a real nice restaurant in town this morning but there is none. We are going out for lunch in Romeoville and have a sit down turkey dinner at a fine dining restaurant. It will happen here!
Optimistic is good, but remember ask questions and be informed before going into the polls this time and in the future. Don't just rely on soundbites and flyers dropped off on your door.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#5 Apr 2, 2013
I believe there is but one choice. Turner, like many of these angry tea partier types seem to have failed at most aspects of their personal lives and sought redemption in politics. Their failures and rage were written in their painful lives. Streit is our only option. Let us hope we don't waste another four years in decline.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#6 Apr 2, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
I believe there is but one choice. Turner, like many of these angry tea partier types seem to have failed at most aspects of their personal lives and sought redemption in politics. Their failures and rage were written in their painful lives. Streit is our only option. Let us hope we don't waste another four years in decline.
Amen to that!
optimistic

Lockport, IL

#7 Apr 3, 2013
I am we Todd Did.

Sofa king we Todd Did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 50,005
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 3 hr Hope Peddler 6,985
Help Explain This Shark Kid 8 hr Four More Years 14
Indiana 8 hr Johnny 33
are scissors weapons on school buses 8 hr WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE 8
Shark said this never happens 8 hr Johnny 9
Holder Coincidence Or What 9 hr Johnny 16
Joliet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Joliet Jobs

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE