New Lenox outlet mall 'on schedule,' ...

New Lenox outlet mall 'on schedule,' developer says

There are 22 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Jun 26, 2012, titled New Lenox outlet mall 'on schedule,' developer says. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

A premium outlet mall in New Lenox is "on schedule" to have a grand opening in the fall of 2013, the developer, Jeff Middlebrook of Center Creek Development LLC, said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mokena Voter

New Lenox, IL

#1 Jun 26, 2012
Another huge one for New Lenox!
nl resident

New Lenox, IL

#2 Jun 27, 2012
Can't wait for it to open! We need something like this close to home.
not so good

Glendale Heights, IL

#3 Jun 27, 2012
More crap from China. More low paying jobs for people outside the area. I am sure those in a hurry to get to the hospital will love the traffic.
Just Me

New Lenox, IL

#4 Jun 29, 2012
It's not on "schedule", construction was to start this spring....hmmmm we'll see if it will be on schedule next year!
Too bad

Chicago, IL

#5 Jun 29, 2012
Most outlet malls near large metro areas are really not much of a bargain. They start off strong but don't maintain well over time. Huntley and Michigan City have many empty stores. Does New Lenox truly "need" this? I guess we will find out how it benefits New Lenox over time.
Joe

Glendale Heights, IL

#6 Jul 1, 2012
Too bad wrote:
Most outlet malls near large metro areas are really not much of a bargain. They start off strong but don't maintain well over time. Huntley and Michigan City have many empty stores. Does New Lenox truly "need" this? I guess we will find out how it benefits New Lenox over time.
I agree. The crime rate will skyrocket also.
Gump

Schiller Park, IL

#7 Jul 5, 2012
It used to be an outlet mall was a great deal, seems now they are no better than a sale price.
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

#8 Jul 5, 2012
Maybe we can have Aldi's, WalMart, Cash for Gold, and Goodwill bookend our town. Wouldn't that be great? Who will move into these stores? people have no money and the area is saturated from Orland mall to the Promenade. WTH?

AAS from the Commons video.

Numb Nuts

United States

#9 Jul 6, 2012
The aurora outlet mall is jammed 7 days a week. I purchased a $2900 Sony LED TV for $1200 with a 5 year warranty from Sony last Christmas. It is currently $2200 at Best Buy and Hhgregg! Bring on the mall and the deals!!!!!!!!!!
thinking

Glendale Heights, IL

#10 Jul 6, 2012
Yes that aurora outlet mall is always packed. Would do some good to new lenox
Resident of this area

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 8, 2012
I will believe it when I see it. Since 2006 there have been numerous mall developmental plans on these 4 corners of Cedar and Rt 6 in front of the Village board, with the Board patting themselves on the back for "bringing the developments here" and yet, I have yet to see any of these developments come to be - such as Forrest City, Zarumba, Meijer, Bohac/Vanwitz, Gas City, Orthopedic medical clinic, just to name a few. In the meantime the current property owners are once again sitting in limbo as we have been since the middle 90's when I-355 was developed and land taken from the owners.
dork

New Lenox, IL

#12 Jul 8, 2012
Resident of this area wrote:
I will believe it when I see it. Since 2006 there have been numerous mall developmental plans on these 4 corners of Cedar and Rt 6 in front of the Village board, with the Board patting themselves on the back for "bringing the developments here" and yet, I have yet to see any of these developments come to be - such as Forrest City, Zarumba, Meijer, Bohac/Vanwitz, Gas City, Orthopedic medical clinic, just to name a few. In the meantime the current property owners are once again sitting in limbo as we have been since the middle 90's when I-355 was developed and land taken from the owners.
Sell your property and move on. It is unfortunate prices have collapsed but it is what it is. You are not in limbo. It's your property,sell it.
Resident of this area

Chicago, IL

#13 Jul 8, 2012
dork wrote:
<quoted text>
Sell your property and move on. It is unfortunate prices have collapsed but it is what it is. You are not in limbo. It's your property,sell it.
Its been for sale and are you interested? I am in a few protective corridors (due to the past 20 year changes) that constricts from doing what I want w/my property. Not complaining as much as I want people to be aware that "nothing" in this economy (anywhere) is on schedule and may never happen which puts our situations here in limbo just as the economy puts most that are not in your wage range also in limbo. I am not alone just commenting (the original article title Mall on schedule) not to count on any developments in this area happening in our life time. I apologize if I came across as a pity case. I am thankful to have a home I can afford, However, I do wish I still had the same pristine environment that my family had chose over 100 years ago when they bought this property. That is why I have been for sale so I can get out and move to Mayberry USA. Hard to sell for anything when you are in the comprehensive plans as Commercial and commercial isn't ready. Also hard to sell due to the "plans" where acreage can not be divided up for a few 1 acre homes. Sadly, I am not even allowed to let my son build on 1 acre lot due to Village and County plans. These are the points that others need to recognize when commenting. However, if you are the Mayor, maybe you want to buy, change the comprehensive plans, annex it to the village, sell for 1/4 acre lots and never need to work again LOL and thanks for your time
dork

New Lenox, IL

#14 Jul 8, 2012
Resident of this area wrote:
<quoted text>Its been for sale and are you interested? I am in a few protective corridors (due to the past 20 year changes) that constricts from doing what I want w/my property. Not complaining as much as I want people to be aware that "nothing" in this economy (anywhere) is on schedule and may never happen which puts our situations here in limbo just as the economy puts most that are not in your wage range also in limbo. I am not alone just commenting (the original article title Mall on schedule) not to count on any developments in this area happening in our life time. I apologize if I came across as a pity case. I am thankful to have a home I can afford, However, I do wish I still had the same pristine environment that my family had chose over 100 years ago when they bought this property. That is why I have been for sale so I can get out and move to Mayberry USA. Hard to sell for anything when you are in the comprehensive plans as Commercial and commercial isn't ready. Also hard to sell due to the "plans" where acreage can not be divided up for a few 1 acre homes. Sadly, I am not even allowed to let my son build on 1 acre lot due to Village and County plans. These are the points that others need to recognize when commenting. However, if you are the Mayor, maybe you want to buy, change the comprehensive plans, annex it to the village, sell for 1/4 acre lots and never need to work again LOL and thanks for your time
the menards was built on time.
leadfoot

Morris, IL

#15 Jul 10, 2012
Unincorporated wrote:
Maybe we can have Aldi's, WalMart, Cash for Gold, and Goodwill bookend our town. Wouldn't that be great? Who will move into these stores? people have no money and the area is saturated from Orland mall to the Promenade. WTH?
AAS from the Commons video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YzRbC7lQ-EQXX
what's wrong with aldi's walmart and goodwill?? I LOVE goodwill, it's clean,well organized and the staff is awesome! Very friendly,something this stuck up town needs!!! Maybe you should move to oakbrook.
Update

Lawrence, MA

#16 Mar 20, 2013
In one hour it will be spring 2013... and I am researching this whole New Lenox mall buzz.. can't find anything current, is it still being built? If not, bring it to Romeoville :) just a thought, oh and make it rival the mall of America like some rumors said, no outlet that's already in Bolingbrook and Aurora oh and Joliet mall is to small...
Interesting

Chicago, IL

#17 Mar 21, 2013
Just build a menards here in new Lenox. Please. The heck with over priced Nike shoes and underwear.
jim

New Lenox, IL

#18 Mar 24, 2013
Goodwill doesnt give to charities. They give jobs with no pay to porolies who have to do comunity servise. The owner take 4milliom in quarterly bonuses. Go to a real thrift store that does good for people.
Resident of this area

Downers Grove, IL

#19 Mar 26, 2013
Never going to happen in our lifetime. Again, just a way for the Village Board Members to disillusion the existing residents
nl shopper

New Lenox, IL

#20 Mar 26, 2013
What ever happened to the outlet mall they said was going to be built in that area??? Haven't heard a word on that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baldermann Nominated To Metra Board 1 hr Welfare Country 25
Great Job Mr President 2 hr MPMMB 29
trump, the sucker 2 hr M14-Rifle 47
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 3 hr quilterqueen 1,077
John O. Brennan 14 hr MPMMB 66
~New Lenox Double Word Fun~ 15 hr MPMMB 146
Ice 17 hr Justme 3

Joliet Jobs

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages