Homer Glen balks at paying for cops a...

Homer Glen balks at paying for cops at LTHS

There are 28 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Jul 11, 2014, titled Homer Glen balks at paying for cops at LTHS. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

Some Homer Glen officials aren't keen about helping to pay for a Lockport police officer to be stationed at Lockport Township High School, even though they believe that having an officer is important for student safety.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lockport LocaL

Lockport, IL

#1 Jul 11, 2014
I guess Homer Glen parents don't care as much about their children at 205 as do Lockport and Crest Hill parents. Hopefully the Homer kids parents know something about school safety that the rest of the parents are unaware of. "An ounce of Prevention is worth a pound of Safety". Come on Homer parents dig out some of that "Communion Money"!! It's only about the lives of your children.
Crest Hill Local

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 11, 2014
Amen!
history

Lockport, IL

#3 Jul 11, 2014
and how much did we hear from the Homer parents that Lockport was a fire trap,( it never was ) but something that is really for the students safety they don't want. OK, would you like to have the teachers get CCW permits and be armed while at the school? or have a Police officer at the school?
don't be penny wise and pound foolish.
Bob Thomas

Homer Glen, IL

#4 Jul 12, 2014
What else would you expect from a town that gets its police protection for less than 4 million a year from the county. No pension expense or cost of running a police station. Richest town in the county acting like Ford Heights. They are smart. .just no character.
Ready

Homer Glen, IL

#5 Jul 14, 2014
Lockport LocaL wrote:
I guess Homer Glen parents don't care as much about their children at 205 as do Lockport and Crest Hill parents. Hopefully the Homer kids parents know something about school safety that the rest of the parents are unaware of. "An ounce of Prevention is worth a pound of Safety". Come on Homer parents dig out some of that "Communion Money"!! It's only about the lives of your children.
Take the officer out and hire retired officers for the same price. You will be able to get 2-3 for he price of 1 and usually have the same training. DeSandre at central is payed for by the school so they should pay for any officers at East also.
Jim

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 14, 2014
"If Homer Glen doesn’t contribute funds, Lockport Township High School would still have an officer there, but Lockport would have to fully pay for the position, Lockport city administrator Ben Benson said."

Problem solved. And let's be honest, the cop is there to keep an eye on the Crest Hill and Lockport degenerates anyways.
jagstick

Lemont, IL

#7 Jul 14, 2014
Jim wrote:
"If Homer Glen doesn’t contribute funds, Lockport Township High School would still have an officer there, but Lockport would have to fully pay for the position, Lockport city administrator Ben Benson said."
Problem solved. And let's be honest, the cop is there to keep an eye on the Crest Hill and Lockport degenerates anyways.
Thanks Jimbo....your insight to this issue is, at best, useless. It is an unfortunate fact that resource officers are becoming/have become A NECESSITY not an option with all the degenerates running around this country. It's not a Lockport problem..a Crest Hill problem...or for you "head in the clouds" Homer folks.....a Homer Glen problem. There are many schools, like it or not, that have full time resource officers assigned to schools. Don't believe me...GO ASK. Then maybe you won't be so stupid to blame Lockport "degenerates". You being as smart as you think you are....can you tell us all that the next "degenerate" that shoots up a school won't be from Homer Glen ?? Yeah....that's what I thought. Look pal.....EVERYONE should pay to protect students at schools. You want to "cheap out".....I'm sorry for you and your tight wad Homer officlals who can't even pay for their own police force. The bill for resource officers should come out of the District 205 budget....period. Then EVERYONE pays.
brian lydon

Mountain View, CA

#8 Jul 15, 2014
Interesting homer HAD TO HAVE another school which since has proved unneeded along with all the related expenses and now balk at this... still have to laugh at how absolute the need was for addtl school!
Rick

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jul 21, 2014
Of course Homer doesn't want a police officer there - they don't even have their own police force!
Will Co Sheriff

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jul 22, 2014
jagstick wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks Jimbo....your insight to this issue is, at best, useless. It is an unfortunate fact that resource officers are becoming/have become A NECESSITY not an option with all the degenerates running around this country. It's not a Lockport problem..a Crest Hill problem...or for you "head in the clouds" Homer folks.....a Homer Glen problem. There are many schools, like it or not, that have full time resource officers assigned to schools. Don't believe me...GO ASK. Then maybe you won't be so stupid to blame Lockport "degenerates". You being as smart as you think you are....can you tell us all that the next "degenerate" that shoots up a school won't be from Homer Glen ?? Yeah....that's what I thought. Look pal.....EVERYONE should pay to protect students at schools. You want to "cheap out".....I'm sorry for you and your tight wad Homer officlals who can't even pay for their own police force. The bill for resource officers should come out of the District 205 budget....period. Then EVERYONE pays.
Jim is 100% correct. Out of maybe100 calls to East that I have had, maybe 2 or 3 involved Homer Glen kids. Not saying Homer kids are perfect, but the parents I have met involving these issues seem way more concerned and involved than any Lockport or Crest Hill parents. I see and deal with these kids every day. You all can give opinions but I share facts..
jagstick

Niles, MI

#11 Jul 22, 2014
Will Co Sheriff wrote:
<quoted text>Jim is 100% correct. Out of maybe100 calls to East that I have had, maybe 2 or 3 involved Homer Glen kids. Not saying Homer kids are perfect, but the parents I have met involving these issues seem way more concerned and involved than any Lockport or Crest Hill parents. I see and deal with these kids every day. You all can give opinions but I share facts..
Stating that Lockport and Crest Hill parents are not concerned or involved is absurd and demeaning to them. The issue is protecting ALL students from harm and the potential of harm from ANYONE and ANYWHERE. Pay up or shut up. All it takes is one misguided individual to harm students . Stop being so arrogant. You are no better than anyone else.....period. You should not be dealing with anyone....much less kids. You should be terminated if you are employed by the District or in any capacity with the school.
Rick

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 23, 2014
WCS is just a troll looking to get a rise out of people. Lockport PD responds to the high school.
Will Co Sheriff

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jul 23, 2014
jagstick wrote:
<quoted text> Stating that Lockport and Crest Hill parents are not concerned or involved is absurd and demeaning to them. The issue is protecting ALL students from harm and the potential of harm from ANYONE and ANYWHERE. Pay up or shut up. All it takes is one misguided individual to harm students . Stop being so arrogant. You are no better than anyone else.....period. You should not be dealing with anyone....much less kids. You should be terminated if you are employed by the District or in any capacity with the school.
Hey dipstick. I said MORE concerned. I didn't say not concerned. Open your eyes jackass....Since you have zero contact with any of these parents, please save your moronic comments. And Rick from Homer, Lockport PD and the county respond to the high school. Please don't comment on something you know absolutely nothing about. Which may be hard for you because you seem very uneducated.
Rick

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Jul 23, 2014
how's that heroin usage in HG going? I know plenty about LTHS and it is rare that WCS goes there. Now get back to pulling over people on their cell phones.
lockport local

Lockport, IL

#15 Jul 23, 2014
Will Co Sheriff wrote:
<quoted text>Hey dipstick. I said MORE concerned. I didn't say not concerned. Open your eyes jackass....Since you have zero contact with any of these parents, please save your moronic comments. And Rick from Homer, Lockport PD and the county respond to the high school. Please don't comment on something you know absolutely nothing about. Which may be hard for you because you seem very uneducated.
Is it CONCERNED, MORE CONCERNED OR WAY MORE CONCERNED? What would your boss the Sheriff of Will County have to say about your vernacular of this site? If he knows what officers patrol Lockport East and Central, he should be concerned. The district administration and board should also be concerned. Maybe it's you that should have ZERO contact with the students and parents at the high school.
jagstick

Niles, MI

#16 Jul 23, 2014
Will Co Sheriff wrote:
<quoted text>Hey dipstick. I said MORE concerned. I didn't say not concerned. Open your eyes jackass....Since you have zero contact with any of these parents, please save your moronic comments. And Rick from Homer, Lockport PD and the county respond to the high school. Please don't comment on something you know absolutely nothing about. Which may be hard for you because you seem very uneducated.
Your comments confirm my statement. You should NOT be involved with anyone...much less children. The issue here is SAFETY and PROTECTION for all students...period. I refuse to engage with someone like yourself. You SHOULD be fired...period.
Bob Thomas

Homer Glen, IL

#17 Jul 24, 2014
The cost of police or or any related cost for running government services must be shared by all in that tax district. I am sure that the WCS poster is very close on his numbers. It is just that that his logic is irrelevant to the issue. If he is a WC Deputy he knows the favorite status that Homer Glen has in this county. I have heard dispatchers refer to that area as the enchanted forest. They are the smartest and wealthiest in the county and use their political ties to get off as cheaply as possible. I have respect for their leadership and contempt for those that manipulateCounty government in Homer Glen's favor.
jagstick

Niles, MI

#18 Jul 26, 2014
Bob Thomas wrote:
The cost of police or or any related cost for running government services must be shared by all in that tax district. I am sure that the WCS poster is very close on his numbers. It is just that that his logic is irrelevant to the issue. If he is a WC Deputy he knows the favorite status that Homer Glen has in this county. I have heard dispatchers refer to that area as the enchanted forest. They are the smartest and wealthiest in the county and use their political ties to get off as cheaply as possible. I have respect for their leadership and contempt for those that manipulateCounty government in Homer Glen's favor.
If....and I say...IF...this poster is related/employed by the county and has a badge and a gun....listen to the comments made and then think whether or not this person should be involved with anyone....much less children at a school. I fully agree that the cost of a resource officer must be borne by the district as a whole....but the refusal by a village with the means to contribute to such a protection is questionable at best. Bottom line is that a resource officer in todays world IS a necessity not a luxury.
Jillian

Lockport, IL

#19 Jul 30, 2014
Bob Thomas wrote:
The BIGGEST problem with the teenagers from Homer Glen is illegal Drug usage.....HEROIN is rampant amongst them as is cocaine. Underage drinking is another issue with those kids, not to mention it's THEIR PARENTS that LET THEM have parties with drugs and alcohol and often even purchase the alcohol for their own kids and their friends! And it is MOST DEFINITELY as you claim.....any one of those princes or princesses get arrested or caught, they get bought out of trouble every time. Its sickening. It makes sense that they don't want to pay for an officer at their kids school, they don't want the hassle of getting their prince or princess off of possession charges. The FACT is, in just about every single instance involving drug confiscation at LTHS west, kids from Homer Glen were involved....maybe only two or three involved a kid from Crest Hill or Lockport.
Hardliner

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jul 31, 2014
Jillian wrote:
<quoted text>
The BIGGEST problem with the teenagers from Homer Glen is illegal Drug usage.....HEROIN is rampant amongst them as is cocaine. Underage drinking is another issue with those kids, not to mention it's THEIR PARENTS that LET THEM have parties with drugs and alcohol and often even purchase the alcohol for their own kids and their friends! And it is MOST DEFINITELY as you claim.....any one of those princes or princesses get arrested or caught, they get bought out of trouble every time. Its sickening. It makes sense that they don't want to pay for an officer at their kids school, they don't want the hassle of getting their prince or princess off of possession charges. The FACT is, in just about every single instance involving drug confiscation at LTHS west, kids from Homer Glen were involved....maybe only two or three involved a kid from Crest Hill or Lockport.
You paint a pretty bleak picture here. I had no idea this level of criminal activity and depravity was going on right here in our own backyards. I will be getting a security system that is for sure. Maybe instead of a referendum for a new campus on Cedar Road we should propose they build a prison there so we can keep everybody's little blessings contained and our neighborhoods safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump hates veterans thread missing 52 min Skanky McSkankface 9
How Russians are responsible for ALL of... 1 hr Patton 3
t-RUMP's OWN staff are forced to hide stuff fro... 5 hr MPMMB 90
Trump Hasn't Said A Word 5 hr MPMMB 31
The Last book Uni read 6 hr Sharky 1
Sharkys Guy Mueller 6 hr Sharky 12
Sharky masturbayes in Public 6 hr Sharky 2

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance