I think we should band pitbulls from ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
THE WISEGUY

Lockport, IL

#26 Nov 9, 2012
Possible wrote:
It is not the breed. It is the humans that make an animal what it is.
Wrong. It is the breed!!!! A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in a recent 3-year period. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.
Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org , pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59%(52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18%(16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81%(13).

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics.p...

Ban the breed everywhere. Usually owned by hillbillies anyway. Let's ban hillbillies too.....
lrt

United States

#27 Nov 9, 2012
P.S. If you see anyone contentedly letting their pit drag them down the street, leaning back on the leash without any attempt at correction, avoid that dog. Its owner does not have it in control. Mine, small as she was, could and would dyag me at first. I took her into backyard to try to train but, admittedly, only my husband had the strength to propery deal with her. Here is the thing. He walked her only a few minutes a day, but it only took about ten days for her to undtrstand what we wanted. So. A grown dpg without ltash manners does not display good home training. Further, if I wanted to project "badass owner with badass dog" wouldnt I want folks to see a dog that responded immdiately to my quietly spoken word? If I said "sit" wouldnt my absolute control be as impressive as a slathering beast draggpng me down the street?
Oh No

Bolingbrook, IL

#29 Nov 10, 2012
THE WISEGUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. It is the breed!!!! A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in a recent 3-year period. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.
Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org , pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59%(52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18%(16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81%(13).
http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics.p...
Ban the breed everywhere. Usually owned by hillbillies anyway. Let's ban hillbillies too.....
Data can be made to look how ever the people putting it together wants it to look like. As this article from page 1 shows a different view than yours.http://www.ehow.com/fact s_6169439_pitbulls-attack.html
Loves pitties

Romeoville, IL

#31 Feb 2, 2013
I have two great dogs that just so happen to be pit bulls. My dogs have changed my friends perpesctive about the breed. If you basing your ignorance off the media, then u need to be educated. BSL is not the way to go to fix things. Denver has a pitbulls ban and their dog bites have not gone down. Please research BSL and how it negatively affects families. If you think BSL will only stop with pitbulls, then u r wronge! BSL affects other breeds as well. My dogs r family, and love everyone. Do the research befor making a decision based off ignorance!!
paparazzipat

Bolingbrook, IL

#32 May 24, 2013
PItbull owner wrote:
<quoted text>
With your logic... That's like stating cars were created for speeding. Let's put a ban on cars that have too much horsepower to prevent speeding.
It's the driver, not the car.
if your going to state your own made up facts about pitbulls being the dogs that are the most reported dogs attacking people then you might wanna do your homework my friend ! Its not the pitbull but the Labrador retriever being the number one attacker of humans! So lets ban them? Oh and did you know that hammers ! Yes Hammers kill more people in the US than all guns wether it be a rifle ( assult ruffle) or pistols??? So we better banammers too! People need to get informed and stop running off at the mouth with facts that are untrue !!!
paparazzipat

Bolingbrook, IL

#33 May 24, 2013
O and by the way 58% of statistics are made up
r-ville

Plainfield, IL

#34 May 28, 2013
Ban the backyard breeders. Why is it that every idiot with a pitbull feels the need to breed them. Backyard breeding is what causes these worthless unpredictable animals that give true pits a bad name. Look at any pet classified ads one or two ads for most breeds , 10 idiots selling backyard pits. Look where these backyard bred dogs wind up, in the paper for bad behavior or the pound where they make up the majority. Stop backyard breeding, kill off these rescue dogs and get back to true pit breeding. True pits are bred for temperment , any breeder with any conscience wouldnt think of putting some of these over aggressive Inbred scumbag dogs to breed. But thats what the punk idiots like . So as long as idiots are allowed to breed them we'll still have idiot dogs (the ones that give real pits a bad name). I hate to say this being a lifelong pit owner, but stereotypes aren't just plucked out of the blue they come from some truth.
tammy

Bolingbrook, IL

#35 May 28, 2013
I say lets ban all dogs,people walk their dogs and let them shit on everbodyS lawn
curious

United States

#36 May 29, 2013
BAND!!!!! Lmao looks like your where band from learning to spell.
SPELLING BEE

Downers Grove, IL

#37 May 30, 2013
curious wrote:
BAND!!!!! Lmao looks like your where band from learning to spell.
you're no better jackwhad. looks like you were banned from the brain cell line at birth.
Eachit

Bolingbrook, IL

#38 May 30, 2013
A ban on section 8 would nearly eliminate every pitbull in the village talk to your mayor
curious

United States

#39 May 30, 2013
SPELLING BEE wrote:
<quoted text>you're no better jackwhad. looks like you were banned from the brain cell line at birth.
I meant to misspell cum guzzler, your mother should have swallowed you, or at least spit you back at your dads face. Sounds like you're rocking an extra chromosome real hard, the doctor should've took a hatchet to your mothers ovaries after having you, she should've taken advantage of the safe haven law. You're the type of person that takes advantage of inserting random objects into your anal cavity.:)
Rrrrr

San Jose, CA

#40 May 30, 2013
Without question.
Terrell

Channahon, IL

#41 Nov 16, 2013
Pitbulls are the most sweets dogs and they not bad it's the person that raise them and act like their owner if owner is a jackass and the dog will be one too but pitbulls are best dog to have as a family pet
NaperMom

Naperville, IL

#42 Nov 18, 2013
I say more pitbulls, less pitbull haters.
Also, you should be required to get a license in order to own a dog.
Too many ignorant, inbred, uneducated idiots get a dog and do not treat it with love and respect.
Take a look at Puppy Doe, for example. Sick bastards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Whole Republican tax scam 1 hr Sharky 7
Happy Thanksgiving! 1 hr Gobble Gobble 1
Conservative morals? 2 hr Sharky 7
still? 4 hr CC Ryder 79
Sexual predators flock together... 5 hr Dennyk 13
Why theater isn't building until 2019 5 hr Honesty wins 8
Mr Sulu vs Roy Moore 5 hr Dennyk 86

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance