I think we should band pitbulls from ...

I think we should band pitbulls from Romeoville

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pitbull

Kansas City, MO

#1 Jan 15, 2009
other burbs like North Chicago ,and Addison!
How do we do it?
George

Romeoville, IL

#2 Jan 15, 2009
It is against the law for a village to band a specific breed.
pitbull

Bolingbrook, IL

#3 Jan 15, 2009
its been done else where!
George wrote:
It is against the law for a village to band a specific breed.
unknown

Evansville, IN

#4 Jan 17, 2009
Pitbull wrote:
How do we do it?
You are crazy! I have a pitbull and she is so sweet it all depends on how you raise them. You can have a poodle and if you abuse it what do you get? Grow up!!!!
The Punisher

Elmhurst, IL

#5 Jan 17, 2009
Her is your solution: If the dog bites someone the owner should be mauled by rabid children.
jusdropinin

Bolingbrook, IL

#6 Jan 19, 2009
What would you call the band?? I didn't even know pitbulls were smart enough to play instruments, but hey, whatever!
No BSL

Romeoville, IL

#7 Nov 4, 2012
Pitbull wrote:
How do we do it?
You seem an uneducated moron, it's ban you dummy.
Possible

Bolingbrook, IL

#8 Nov 5, 2012
It is not the breed. It is the humans that make an animal what it is. Any breed can be considered as bad. Years ago it was the German Shepherds, dobermans,and rottweilers. Most cases of dogs biting any one can be tied to the way their owner raise them or what some person has done to them in the past. So keep the breed ban the ones mistraining them.
Well thank god

Villa Park, IL

#9 Nov 6, 2012
I actually understand where this person is coming from by saying ban them. When you see a bunch of punk ass kids and some adults walking them down the street without leashes on you get worried. I know this can be any dog but come on most of the people who have them in Romeoville are gang bangers you know they are up to no good with those dogs.
rrr

United States

#11 Nov 7, 2012
the whole "its the trainers fault not the dog" line is redundant and proven false. There are more random unprecedented attacks from pit bulls than any other breed. It happens whether the owners are good people or psycho wannabe gang bangers so the argument doesn't hold water. Weren't pit bulls created specifically for fighting in the first place?
PItbull owner

Romeoville, IL

#12 Nov 7, 2012
rrr wrote:
Weren't pit bulls created specifically for fighting in the first place?
With your logic... That's like stating cars were created for speeding. Let's put a ban on cars that have too much horsepower to prevent speeding.

It's the driver, not the car.
Pitbull

Romeoville, IL

#13 Nov 7, 2012
The Oaks

Ottawa, IL

#14 Nov 7, 2012
jusdropinin wrote:
What would you call the band?? I didn't even know pitbulls were smart enough to play instruments, but hey, whatever!
Hahaha! I love pits so catching the grammatical error & using it in humor was a good one!

Since: Dec 09

Romeoville, IL

#16 Nov 8, 2012
rrr wrote:
the whole "its the trainers fault not the dog" line is redundant and proven false. There are more random unprecedented attacks from pit bulls than any other breed. It happens whether the owners are good people or psycho wannabe gang bangers so the argument doesn't hold water. Weren't pit bulls created specifically for fighting in the first place?
Im glad people like you post here, it just shows how misinformed most people are.
Fido

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Nov 8, 2012
If you want to put energy, time, and money into making your community safer in regards to dogs, raise awareness, not fear. Join a local animal cruelty prevention group or lobby to get harsher punishments for dog fighting operations. Saying you want to get pit bulls (or any breed) banned is like saying, "All those gang bangers are African American, let's get black people banned from our community." I understand that you want to make your community safer, but banning a breed is not the way to do it. You ban one breed, these people will find another breed to abuse and make their, "I'm a tough gang banger. Look at my tough dog." Do some research. It really is how the dog is raised, trained and treated, not the breed. In fact, since you seem to live in a dangerous community, you may consider getting a dog yourself. Might I suggest a boxer? The are great with children and other pets, but are fiercely loyal. If it comes down to it, they will lay down their lives to protect their loved ones.
stupid

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Nov 8, 2012
PItbull owner wrote:
<quoted text>
With your logic... That's like stating cars were created for speeding. Let's put a ban on cars that have too much horsepower to prevent speeding.
It's the driver, not the car.
MYTH: The pit bull was bred for dog fighting only.

Fact: The history of the pit bull far predates the time when bans on bull baiting caused blood sport fanciers to turn to fighting dog against dog. The very name "bull" or "bulldog" gives us the clue as to what the original purpose of this breed was.

Far back into history - too far for us to see - man had bred dogs for gripping large game like boar and bear. From these dogs developed the Butcher's Dog, or Bulldog. The bulldog was an animal from 35 to 80 pounds, long of leg, sturdy in body, athletic, with a strong head and muzzle. The pit bulls of today descend directly from these animals.
Dog owner

Brightwaters, NY

#22 Nov 9, 2012
Pitbull wrote:
How do we do it?
First a band is a group of musical instruments played by people to entertain. Sure pits are smart enough, lets teach them to play instruments ?!
Second, stop picking on one for the errors of many. Please people educate yourselves before making claims and putting out suggestions!
Teagan

United States

#23 Nov 9, 2012
I am an advocate for the bill breed and rescue down in fl. People are ignorant and listen to the media way too much. My pit bulls and my rescue dogs are some of the sweetest,loyal animals you will ever meet. They were given a bad name-by ignorant people and because people have them that shouldn't have them. My pit bulls are very loyal and protect my 3 children. My male is especially protective of my kids and wiould absolutely attack someone if they were harming my kids. Please do your research on the breed-this breed is not for everyone-you have to be a responsible owner-train them correctly and always have them on a leash. Please re consider this choice-many innocent dogs could and will lose their lies because of your ignorance.
love

Buffalo, NY

#24 Nov 9, 2012
Love my sweet pits
lrt

United States

#25 Nov 9, 2012
Ptbulls were, at one time, called "nanny dogs" in England. Their loyalty, intelligence, gentleness was used to "nanny" babies left ioutside in prams to get fresh air. My AmStaff was raised in a complex household that had toddlers, babys, young adults, older adults and a huge pitty who would let you in the house but, ferociously, not out. That pit was unstable enough to grab the arm and not let go, of his arguing owner. We took the Amstaff when she was 9 months. She had been coddled by her owner. Treated almost as a human child, brought onto the bed and couch with the toddler and infant. Carried around with them as a puppy. This dog loved and cried for the company of children. If kids got rough with her, she braced her feet and looked AT ME for help. When meeting another dog her goal was play. My daughters dog visited, bit my pit three fast times in the face. My pit LOOKED TO ME for instruction, comfort. Her second summer here, I told her "no bunnys. We LIKE bunnys" and she quit chasing them even when alone in yard. No such luck with squirrels, but she was a dog. So. Terrier breeds are very smart, stubborn, loyal, loving BUT it is important to instill training with gentleness, consistancy and the same stubborness of purpose the terrier breeds exibit. They will reflect their masters attitude about their place in the world. Let them be alpha (top) dog, it wont be pretty. Let them know your rules, that you are a loving, safe mom or dad, with expectations, you have an adorable pet, loved and welcomed by everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 5 hr Princess Hey 868
Republicans pathetically looked for hope with D... 6 hr U Dumb 1
I <3 Sharky, Hillary Clinton & The GREAT Presid... 6 hr Jus Sayin 2
Fire and Fury 6 hr Honestly 302
Turns out, t-RUMP's Mar-a-Lago is the true... 6 hr DennyK 2
Democrats look for hope with Maxine Waters 7 hr DJT 16
It's time! 8 hr MPMMB 91

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance