Cell phones and Driving

Cell phones and Driving

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tickets

Mokena, IL

#1 Feb 19, 2014
With it now being illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving, why aren't the police writing tickets for it. Half of the people on the road are on their phones. The state is missing out on a lot of income. It's dangerous
agree

New Lenox, IL

#2 Feb 19, 2014
I see people on cell phones all the time. The law did nothing to deter this. As with all laws, if they are not enforced they are meaningless.
NL Resident

Bolingbrook, IL

#3 Feb 19, 2014
I especially love the moms who are on their phones while driving in a school zone. Great examples for your children! Oh wait I forgot this is New Lenox, the town where most parents haven't grown up yet either! Beer pong anyone? How about matching tattoos with our daughters or better yet let's get something pierced!
dadstoo

Lombard, IL

#4 Feb 19, 2014
NL Resident wrote:
I especially love the moms who are on their phones while driving in a school zone. Great examples for your children! Oh wait I forgot this is New Lenox, the town where most parents haven't grown up yet either! Beer pong anyone? How about matching tattoos with our daughters or better yet let's get something pierced!
Dad's too, don't kid yourself. See it all the time.
Too dumb

New Lenox, IL

#5 Feb 19, 2014
They use their hand held cell phones because they are too dumb to operate the Bluetooth function on their $40,000 suv's. I see the same blonde headed idiot driving down Schoolhouse yapping on her cell phone with her kids in the car. Obviously she thinks she is superior to the law and the rest of us who know how to follow the law.
make up artist

Manhattan, IL

#6 Feb 19, 2014
Tickets wrote:
With it now being illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving, why aren't the police writing tickets for it. Half of the people on the road are on their phones. The state is missing out on a lot of income. It's dangerous
so is changing the radio, yelling at your kids in the back seat, checking out persons of the opposite sex, eating, reading bill boards , driving slowly looking at building addresses, etc. get a life . Better yet get a cell phone and dial 1-800 sir mix alot and kick the nasty thoughts... Babies got back
dirty electricity

Manhattan, IL

#7 Feb 19, 2014
Too dumb wrote:
They use their hand held cell phones because they are too dumb to operate the Bluetooth function on their $40,000 suv's. I see the same blonde headed idiot driving down Schoolhouse yapping on her cell phone with her kids in the car. Obviously she thinks she is superior to the law and the rest of us who know how to follow the law.
sorry blue tooth tech speeds up the process of frying your brain with radiation. If you go hands free- go wired
Bimbo

New Lenox, IL

#8 Feb 20, 2014
Most of the moms in NL are the overweight, snobby, cheating type of women. NL Police.....DO YOUR JOB!
All

Frankfort, IL

#9 Feb 20, 2014
NL Resident wrote:
I especially love the moms who are on their phones while driving in a school zone. Great examples for your children! Oh wait I forgot this is New Lenox, the town where most parents haven't grown up yet either! Beer pong anyone? How about matching tattoos with our daughters or better yet let's get something pierced!
There are both moms AND DADS talking on their phones in the school zones. I have seen teachers breaking the same law. The schools need to notify their idiot teachers of the law because plenty of them are ignorant to it.
dadstoo

Lombard, IL

#10 Feb 20, 2014
Mean New Lenox folks on here, geesh. The breaking of this new law runs across all demographics in this town, this discussion is silly. The women hating on here is ugly, some of you have deep seated issues with this, get therapy.
Yo mom over here

New Lenox, IL

#11 Feb 20, 2014
Hands free or not. Just keep spreading the legs the delivery is coming. New Lenox MOMs. I always meet u at the Jewel, Starbucks & Target. Keeping others happy is easy.
Drivers ed

Sugar Grove, IL

#12 Feb 20, 2014
Tickets wrote:
With it now being illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving, why aren't the police writing tickets for it. Half of the people on the road are on their phones. The state is missing out on a lot of income. It's dangerous
Tickets shouldn't be looked at as an income, they should be writing them to enforce the law. Let just say there's 10 cops on duty, how the hell are they gonna catch everyone on a cell phone let's be realistic. Our cops do a good job of keeping the trash outta town. Fuck cell phones
Nope

Frankfort, IL

#13 Feb 21, 2014
dadstoo wrote:
Mean New Lenox folks on here, geesh. The breaking of this new law runs across all demographics in this town, this discussion is silly. The women hating on here is ugly, some of you have deep seated issues with this, get therapy.
It has been illegal to talk on cell phones in a school zone for several years now. The only new law is talking on a non hands free device. Why is it some people think the law does not apply to them? Do you call the school to make sure the rules don't apply to your kids too?
Tickets

Mokena, IL

#15 Feb 21, 2014
Drivers ed wrote:
<quoted text>
Tickets shouldn't be looked at as an income, they should be writing them to enforce the law. Let just say there's 10 cops on duty, how the hell are they gonna catch everyone on a cell phone let's be realistic. Our cops do a good job of keeping the trash outta town. Fuck cell phones
It's a legitimate law that's blatantly being broken everywhere. If it helps IL dig out of it's hole, great!
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#17 Feb 21, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Create a police state to fine people so the politicians you elect can go on another spending spree with our money! Your mentality is why we are in this predicament! How about paying attention to what's going on in Illinois and America and make educated decisions at the pooling booth? Just a thought! LOL!
Lord Help Us!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!
Actually, it is the mentality of non-enforcement that got us in this predicament.
Professor

Chicago, IL

#18 Feb 21, 2014
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is the mentality of non-enforcement that got us in this predicament.
If you believe fining people for phones is the way out of this mess you crazier than the one who who posted the thought! C'mon Appalled......your Smarter than that. Don't let the likings of "hold on" and "four more" drag you down!
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#19 Feb 21, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe fining people for phones is the way out of this mess you crazier than the one who who posted the thought! C'mon Appalled......your Smarter than that. Don't let the likings of "hold on" and "four more" drag you down!
I didn't say fining for phones would get us out of the mess. I said that non-enforcement of laws got us into it. Think hard. I bet you can figure it out.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law is broken that society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." (Ronald Reagan)
Bimbo

United States

#21 Feb 22, 2014
I love how all the slutty NL moms think their daughter is the end all be all of young girls. FACT. Your daughter is not that pretty, not that talented and not that popular. Wake up!! hehehe
resident

Manhattan, IL

#22 Feb 22, 2014
Women behind the wheel is hell.. They think laws don't pertain to them. They see their penis envy husbands do what they want in there SUV's. Women needs to obey the law. They are not special in their import cars. Most dress up for the road "look at I am inportant" they barely make crap at their factory job
www

Mokena, IL

#23 Feb 22, 2014
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say fining for phones would get us out of the mess. I said that non-enforcement of laws got us into it. Think hard. I bet you can figure it out.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law is broken that society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." (Ronald Reagan)
If only Ronald practiced what he preached......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Russians are responsible for ALL of... 9 min Chunk 5
Maxine Waters needs a visit from the Secret Ser... 1 hr HarveyWinestain 3
Trump hates veterans thread missing 5 hr Skanky McSkankface 9
t-RUMP's OWN staff are forced to hide stuff fro... 10 hr MPMMB 90
Trump Hasn't Said A Word 10 hr MPMMB 31
The Last book Uni read 11 hr Sharky 1
Sharkys Guy Mueller 11 hr Sharky 12

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages