City of Crest Hill needs an updated City Clerk!!!

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Average Joe

Crest Hill, IL

#1 Mar 9, 2013
OH MY!!! I just saw a flyer for the current Crest Hill City Clerk Christine Hall...oops...Christine VERSHAY Hall...Need to keep daddy's name in there...and I could NOT believe the spelling mistakes!! This is a 20 yr keeper of the records typing and printing out a flyer with so many mistakes!!! Is that the 'experiance'(as SHE spelled it) we need and/or deserve??? No wonder she brags about the new computers for her office...they are probably the first she's ever used!!! Try using 'spell check' Mrs. Hall!!

Mrs. Hall notes how she's helped so many people with aid assistance in her position at Lockport Township...I wonder how many applications were denied for not being filed correctly due to spelling/grammar errors!!!

I hope you thanked the kindergarten classes that made your political yard signs! Get into the 21st century!

It's clearly time for change with our City Clerk...we need a leader who can run the Clerks Office to modern standards!!
Way behind the times

Aurora, IL

#2 Mar 9, 2013
The Vershays' may have served the City and Ward I well in the sixties and seventies, their problem is they don't know how to change with the times.
The Vershays' are really holding the City back"
It's time someone with new fresh ideas serve our City.
The old gravel country roads and crank telephones are the things of the past. Don't let our City be left behind It really is time for a new City Clerk.
Help your City move forward.
weee

Willowbrook, IL

#3 Mar 9, 2013
Way behind the times wrote:
The Vershays' may have served the City and Ward I well in the sixties and seventies, their problem is they don't know how to change with the times.
The Vershays' are really holding the City back"
It's time someone with new fresh ideas serve our City.
The old gravel country roads and crank telephones are the things of the past. Don't let our City be left behind It really is time for a new City Clerk.
Help your City move forward.
its to late, not just the clerk, its the all the alderman and mayor need to go bye bye. Every City that surrounds us is doing better than Crest Hill and has for years.

ITs goes back as far as old Randy... Nick tried to change things and make some good decisions however he made to many bad ones also.
Kindergarten Clerk

United States

#4 Mar 9, 2013
Hope she Did Not Pay anybody for her signs!!! They are Pathetic!!!!!! Wow talk about professionalism, we sure can see it in your signs!
Vote for Vershay-Hall

Western Springs, IL

#5 Mar 9, 2013
Who cares about a sign. Ms. Hackneys husband never registered his business in the city till three days after she turned in her petition! She can not follow ordinances?
She wants to be clerk she should no the rules Miss VickI!
And then does not know who is running in her ward for alderperson? Tina! Its Candy honey she is running in your ward. Miss Vicki! She does not know enough to be our clerk! Hopefully there ticket will all be looser's! Too many will be the mayors yes men!
hey there

Joliet, IL

#6 Mar 9, 2013
Vicki is nice, but I won't vote for her because she aligned herself with Tina.
Stone age

United States

#8 Mar 10, 2013
When asked how she would keep track of the delinquent payments for vehicle stickers she states " in a binder, just like the buisness licenses ." C'mon hall that should be all kept on a computer. We need HACKNEY to get us out of flinstones and into the jetsins. Our vote will be for HACKNEY
carillon singer

Mount Prospect, IL

#9 Mar 10, 2013
Hackney answered she would not know how to keep track of them. Who in the clerk's office let her know husband needed a business license? She stated she did not know that business license existed. Then she did only mention deputy clerks name. Hmm. Maybe this is the leak from this office.
carillon singer

Northbrook, IL

#11 Mar 10, 2013
Who was called? I would got straight to each canidate and ask who they spoke to about petitions? Who are they?
Latino Nation

Shorewood, IL

#12 Mar 10, 2013
The Chaney area has changed!!! The good ol boys and girls... need to go! Enjoy this election Ald. Dyke without any competition...Latinos will take over this ward in the next election...you got a free ride this time...you're out next time! Latino's Unite! Lets start by voting out the Clerk.
yep

United States

#13 Mar 10, 2013
You're right.... including the Mayor...or are we forgetting he's been a good 'ol boy for the past 20 years???
weee

Willowbrook, IL

#14 Mar 10, 2013
mecicans for Delanine
Bean ears

United States

#15 Mar 10, 2013
My wote fo dehanie!!
Another ethics violation

Aurora, IL

#16 Mar 10, 2013
I see Ms. V'Hall has once again breached a Code of Ethics. She uses the name of the International Institute of Municipal Clerks' in her political hand out paper to help her political campaign.

A. Comprehensive Code of Ethics.
1. Statement of Intent and Principles of Conduct for Members of the International
Institute of Municipal Clerks:
The following Code of Ethics was adopted by the membership of IIMC on May 26, 2007.
IIMC members are required to carry out their duties on an impartial and objective basis
so as to reinforce confidence in their integrity and their dedication to IIMC’s best
interests.
This Code of Ethics clarifies IIMC’s expectations of its members, reaffirms its
commitment to caring for the members’ needs and provides a guide for a fair and
consistent behavior by its members.
It is critical to IIMC that its members be committed to the highest standards of ethical
behavior. It is in this spirit that this Code of Ethics was adopted.
2. Conflict of Interest:
For the purposes of this Code of Ethics “conflict of interest” is defined as any situation in
which a member has a personal or financial interest that may affect the performance of
their duties and/or adversely affect the reputation of IIMC, such as:
a. engaging in any business or transaction or having financial or other personal
interest which is incompatible with the discharge of member’s official duties;
b. any activity that adversely interferes or conflicts with a member’s duties;
c. the use of IIMC’s name, property or information in any form whatsoever in the
pursuit of personal gain;
Casual observer

Shorewood, IL

#17 Mar 10, 2013
I guess when you have nothing to show for the past 20yrs in office...you and your few cronies have to start bashing the competition. Thats too bad.

Mrs. Hackney has shown enthusiasm, professionalism and passion in her quest for the position of City Clerk.

Mrs. Hall...well...most dont even know she's been here for 20yrs! Guess she wasnt expecting such a go-getter coming after that job.

Hackney was walking the neighborhoods today! In the rain!! Thats the kind of person we need working for US!!!
Hackney has my vote!!!
Thank you

Shorewood, IL

#18 Mar 11, 2013
Casual observer wrote:
I guess when you have nothing to show for the past 20yrs in office...you and your few cronies have to start bashing the competition. Thats too bad.
Mrs. Hackney has shown enthusiasm, professionalism and passion in her quest for the position of City Clerk.
Mrs. Hall...well...most dont even know she's been here for 20yrs! Guess she wasnt expecting such a go-getter coming after that job.
Hackney was walking the neighborhoods today! In the rain!! Thats the kind of person we need working for US!!!
Hackney has my vote!!!
Steve, Thanks for the info.
throw me a bone

Shorewood, IL

#19 Mar 11, 2013
Another ethics violation wrote:
I see Ms. V'Hall has once again breached a Code of Ethics. She uses the name of the International Institute of Municipal Clerks' in her political hand out paper to help her political campaign.
A. Comprehensive Code of Ethics.
1. Statement of Intent and Principles of Conduct for Members of the International
Institute of Municipal Clerks:
The following Code of Ethics was adopted by the membership of IIMC on May 26, 2007.
IIMC members are required to carry out their duties on an impartial and objective basis
so as to reinforce confidence in their integrity and their dedication to IIMC’s best
interests.
This Code of Ethics clarifies IIMC’s expectations of its members, reaffirms its
commitment to caring for the members’ needs and provides a guide for a fair and
consistent behavior by its members.
It is critical to IIMC that its members be committed to the highest standards of ethical
behavior. It is in this spirit that this Code of Ethics was adopted.
2. Conflict of Interest:
For the purposes of this Code of Ethics “conflict of interest” is defined as any situation in
which a member has a personal or financial interest that may affect the performance of
their duties and/or adversely affect the reputation of IIMC, such as:
a. engaging in any business or transaction or having financial or other personal
interest which is incompatible with the discharge of member’s official duties;
b. any activity that adversely interferes or conflicts with a member’s duties;
c. the use of IIMC’s name, property or information in any form whatsoever in the
pursuit of personal gain;
Steve H,
What does the saying "throw me a bone" mean?

Give me a little help. The bone being the leftovers from a meal.

'give me a break' or 'help me out' or 'lighten up/don't be so tough on me' or 'give me a chance'

Brenda, Give Steve another bone!!!never a leader always a follower
Steve wrote

Aurora, IL

#20 Mar 11, 2013
throw me a bone wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve H,
What does the saying "throw me a bone" mean?
Give me a little help. The bone being the leftovers from a meal.
'give me a break' or 'help me out' or 'lighten up/don't be so tough on me' or 'give me a chance'
Brenda, Give Steve another bone!!!never a leader always a follower
Throw me a bone means, "Barb, If you don't campaign too hard against me this time, I promise I will campaign for you when you run against Brenda in two years." Two years goes by quickly when you are having fun.
Funny

Shorewood, IL

#21 Mar 11, 2013
Steve wrote wrote:
<quoted text>
Throw me a bone means, "Barb, If you don't campaign too hard against me this time, I promise I will campaign for you when you run against Brenda in two years." Two years goes by quickly when you are having fun.
Brenda Lelis VOTED YES TO MANY OF THE TAX INCREASES THAT FACE OUR COMMUNITY!
Steve Wrote

Aurora, IL

#22 Mar 11, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Brenda Lelis VOTED YES TO MANY OF THE TAX INCREASES THAT FACE OUR COMMUNITY!
She voted to lower our electric bills and get us a tax refund check
The people of Crest Hill agreed with that by voting Yes on the referendum at the polls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson 34 min Really 95
Happy Thankgiving 36 min GI joe 14
School board meeting 11-19 2 hr NLSD SUCKS 6
Monkeys going to Monk 2 hr Appalled 32
68 story skyscraper potential 2 hr Michael Brown 1
Lights by Kohls and Target 2 hr Black Friday 1
Happy Thanksgiving from Garrett Peck 3 hr kiddingus 2
Joliet Dating
Find my Match

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Joliet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Joliet

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:00PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Bears vs. Lions Video Highlights
Yahoo! Sports 6:07 PM
Lions, Eagles serve up Thanksgiving Day routs