Butternut Ridge
BBY

Herndon, VA

#61 May 28, 2010
Are they going to clean up all of the crap in the other empty lots or just try to make the models look "pretty"
jack

United States

#62 May 28, 2010
ya know the ain't gonna do anything extra
Question

Burlington, WI

#63 May 28, 2010
snd wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say that the place looks like crap. If what you say is true, and the bank "hired" them, I just threw up a little in my mouth. For a company with such high expectations, and a quality reputation, they cut so many corners on my house and just lazily did the absolute least they could get away with on our punch list. "I'll let you know," is the only thing they ever told me about fixing the stuff they never finished or screwed up. What does it matter? Nobody in this forum even has problems with the company. I just come back here to see if there is any news. I like to hear what people hear about the community.
We have all had problems with our houses it was just lucky that some of us were able to get them fixed. No one knew how bad these guys were until it was too late....hopefully they do not do this again. I find it hard to believe they are going to go under the remodeling front now because they suck at what they do.
who cares

Frankfort, IL

#64 May 28, 2010
Yeah and they keep running all those ads that people are so so happy with their remodeling. gimme a break it's advertising that is all.. buyer beware!!
Question

Burlington, WI

#65 May 28, 2010
who cares wrote:
Yeah and they keep running all those ads that people are so so happy with their remodeling. gimme a break it's advertising that is all.. buyer beware!!
Everyone should get together and do a commercial or billboard on just how we feel about DISTINCTIVE or should we call them DI-SUCK-TIVE.....SHITTY BY DESIGN.
who cares

Frankfort, IL

#66 May 28, 2010
but they spared no expense on their own homes... check out www.distinctiveremodelers.com ... that would be the owners' homes- not some random customer....amazing
Lady

United States

#67 May 29, 2010
Question wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone should get together and do a commercial or billboard on just how we feel about DISTINCTIVE or should we call them DI-SUCK-TIVE.....SHITTY BY DESIGN.
That's the funniest thing I read, EVER!!!!
Why

Manhattan, IL

#68 May 29, 2010
Kinda sad and funny they took down the sign with the happy little girl and her family. What the hell now nobody knows what the name of the subdivision is!
jack

United States

#69 Jun 9, 2010
Why wrote:
Kinda sad and funny they took down the sign with the happy little girl and her family. What the hell now nobody knows what the name of the subdivision is!
MAYBE They want to forget they ever bought there!
joe

United States

#70 Apr 22, 2011
I wish I could forget I bought here!mike Carroll and Brian nunner will get what is coming to them karma is a mother f*c#er and for what they did to the residents of butternutridge I hope they pay dearly!
Jack

Frankfort, IL

#71 Apr 25, 2011
joe wrote:
I wish I could forget I bought here!mike Carroll and Brian nunner will get what is coming to them karma is a mother f*c#er and for what they did to the residents of butternutridge I hope they pay dearly!
they are no longer in business together. Mike was always a good guy, Nooner on the other hand.....
unbelievable

Melrose Park, IL

#72 Jan 20, 2013
they are putting modular homes in the butternut ridge subdivision does anybody know anything about this
so what

Riverside, IL

#73 Jan 20, 2013
unbelievable wrote:
they are putting modular homes in the butternut ridge subdivision does anybody know anything about this
Now doesn't that smack of Manhattan simplicity and beautification?
good news

Elgin, IL

#74 Jan 20, 2013
Sales trailer. Somebody bought the lots and will be building new houses.
Neighbor

Naperville, IL

#75 Jan 21, 2013
Heard Distinctive homes bought 20 lots back from the bank!
red alert

Champaign, IL

#76 Jan 21, 2013
I'd rather have a nearly completed sub, than one with weeds collecting blown around garbage. And then there is all that new tax revenue the town needs.
red alert

Chicago, IL

#78 Jan 23, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
Does anyone have any concrete details on the new builders plans that just dropped the trailer? I just purchased a lot in BR mid December and am very curious. The subdivision has nice homes currently and I'm hoping the new homes follow suit and not like the generic homes cachey is building in old bencks farm off 52... We will find out soon enough I guess but I'll be building come spring either way!
CLUELESS!
neighbor

Cicero, IL

#79 Jan 24, 2013
I am assuming the same models currently in there, but I know nothing officially. I wonder if the plan is to eventually try to buy phase 2 as well.
red alert

Tinley Park, IL

#80 Jan 24, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
Does anyone have any concrete details on the new builders plans that just dropped the trailer? I just purchased a lot in BR mid December and am very curious. The subdivision has nice homes currently and I'm hoping the new homes follow suit and not like the generic homes cachey is building in old bencks farm off 52... We will find out soon enough I guess but I'll be building come spring either way!
Will you be self-contracting? Meeting Borgo's minimum building and landscaping standards? Complying with the covenanrs and restrictions as set forth in the plat of subdivision? Will you be building above or below (over improvement vs. under improvement)for the subdivision. Or will you contracting a third party to handle construction. You know there are a lot of trades' guys in town that can use the work. It looks to me like Cachey builds a good house don't put them down. What matters in a custom home, or a semi-custom home for that matter, is the quality.
Manhattan is in Illinois

Manhattan, IL

#81 Jan 25, 2013
DO NOT BUY OR BUILD IF ITS DISTINCTIVE!! Leaky basement! Terrible drafts! Cracks in foundation and floor! NOT WORTH 1 PENNY!! If I find out thats who is coming back I will be putting signs all over my yard letting anyone know what they are getting into! If I wasn't underwater (pun intended) I would be long gone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~New Lenox Double Word Fun~ 2 hr Joe 144
trump, the sucker 4 hr Uncle Sam 43
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 6 hr Princess Hey 1,076
What to Do 9 hr Sharknado 25
Ice Sun Logic 2
Which dating sites are 100% totally free? (Feb '14) Sun oscar 12
Foreign Press Sat Appalled 25

Joliet Jobs

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages