Obama Appointments Ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Posted in the Joliet Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 45 of45
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Neighbor

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jan 27, 2013
 
Thought it was strange to see that Hold On post too.
Common Sense

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Every socialist policy is a "safety net" to you numb skulls. You fools will trade your freedom for a false sense of security every time! Keep drinking from the crack cup of liberal propaganda!
It's not propaganda. Social Security, Medicare, and to a lesser extent Unemployment Insurance help everyone. I'm judging here, but you do not seem particularly bright. You can't be earning enough money with your limitations to take care of yourself; let alone your parents or grandparents in their retirement. The Social Safety net helps you keep some dignity and not become destitute when you are older and can't work. I don't understand why you would want to tear that down.
It aint your money

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jan 27, 2013
 
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not propaganda. Social Security, Medicare, and to a lesser extent Unemployment Insurance help everyone. I'm judging here, but you do not seem particularly bright. You can't be earning enough money with your limitations to take care of yourself; let alone your parents or grandparents in their retirement. The Social Safety net helps you keep some dignity and not become destitute when you are older and can't work. I don't understand why you would want to tear that down.
Well, the law of exponents doesn't allow for these ponzi schemes to go on forever. They just can't. Math doesn't lie. It's time to cut EVERYTHING to the bone. Except the white house travel budget. Can't have the King and Queen uncomfortable now can we?
Neighbor

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jan 27, 2013
 
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not propaganda. Social Security, Medicare, and to a lesser extent Unemployment Insurance help everyone. I'm judging here, but you do not seem particularly bright. You can't be earning enough money with your limitations to take care of yourself; let alone your parents or grandparents in their retirement. The Social Safety net helps you keep some dignity and not become destitute when you are older and can't work. I don't understand why you would want to tear that down.
One would like to think you're correct. However, SS has been extended to millions who never paid in, are family members of those on SS too. If your on SS, and have college age kids, SS pays each kid for being in school (have a friend 65, 2 kids in college, each gets $1,100/mo while in school). He's not destitute but takes thr money. There are dozens of socialist started SS programs ripping the system. Those are the areas I have heart burn with.
hold on

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jan 27, 2013
 
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
One would like to think you're correct. However, SS has been extended to millions who never paid in, are family members of those on SS too. If your on SS, and have college age kids, SS pays each kid for being in school (have a friend 65, 2 kids in college, each gets $1,100/mo while in school). He's not destitute but takes thr money. There are dozens of socialist started SS programs ripping the system. Those are the areas I have heart burn with.
I can totally agree with you on this matter. I cannot vouch for this situation that you speak of, however I have seen the following. Multiple what you would call Otis the town drunks, that ride around on bikes all day, getting SS benefits for being disabled alcoholics. Several criminals including one running a check fraud ring getting benefits for being "learning disabled". And a friends family member who gets benefits for being obese.
Its sad really because I also know of many people including my own mother who paid in for 30 plus years but never got a single penny due to her death at a younger age, and all the kids were in their 20-30s. And my father who paid in for over 40 years and got one year before he died. I guess these other people is where all their money went to. I have heard that they stopped giving at least the alcoholic disability benefit, but those that were already getting it continue to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 45 of45
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joliet Discussions

Search the Joliet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 56 min Jack 3,785
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr DoDaDoDaDay 47,081
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 3 hr Halloween 4,294
Dennis, Jackies (Jan '13) 5 hr ItsAllGood 10
let's save the middle class!! 5 hr Umm 33
Lockport lukewarm toward Salvation Army store 5 hr Lockport local 1
romeoville model citizens (Mar '13) 7 hr R-Town Resident 55
•••
•••
•••
•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••