Do we need a Full-Time Mayor in Romeo...

Do we need a Full-Time Mayor in Romeoville?

Created by VoteMcMichael on Apr 4, 2013

100 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

VoteMcMichael

Romeoville, IL

#1 Apr 4, 2013
Full-Time Effort, Part-Time Salary
Steve McMichael always been successful throughout his professional life.
World Champ with Chicago Bears, WWF wrestling, many business ventures or raising millions in needed funds for many charities, Steve always delivered.
By becoming Mayor of Romeoville he is not seeking “Fame and Fortune”! He has accomplished this already.
Our Village has many great and hard working Full-Time employees.
What Romeoville doesn’t have is LEADERSHIP.
Our current Mayor John Noak, first in Romeoville's history full-time Mayor, receives over $100,000 in total compensation but his effort and results are not what we all expect of him.
This is why when elected, Steve will only accept a portion of his salary that is allocated to a part-time position and in return he will work tirelessly until we all can say once more:“I am Proud to Live in ROMEOVILLE”
No Politics, Just Leadership
YES about time

Bolingbrook, IL

#2 Apr 4, 2013
Got my vote. Will you hire another policeman, who is not related to the current chief of PD, with the money you are saving the ville?

OK every Noak guy talk bad about Steve. You caught defend his position. Go ahead defend it with being negative. Please just once try it.
rick buscemi

Cicero, IL

#3 Apr 4, 2013
Every time a Mongo fan goes on here they inflat everything one of their own has said prior. Does this make them desperate , yes it does....they can't speak facts so the only thing they have left are lies. That is what we ( Romeoville ) gets if Mongo gets elected.....lies and followers who are less likely to be good for Romeoville either.
Hello

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 4, 2013
VoteMcMichael wrote:
Full-Time Effort, Part-Time Salary
Steve McMichael always been successful throughout his professional life.
World Champ with Chicago Bears, WWF wrestling, many business ventures or raising millions in needed funds for many charities, Steve always delivered.
By becoming Mayor of Romeoville he is not seeking “Fame and Fortune”! He has accomplished this already.
Our Village has many great and hard working Full-Time employees.
What Romeoville doesn’t have is LEADERSHIP.
Our current Mayor John Noak, first in Romeoville's history full-time Mayor, receives over $100,000 in total compensation but his effort and results are not what we all expect of him.
This is why when elected, Steve will only accept a portion of his salary that is allocated to a part-time position and in return he will work tirelessly until we all can say once more:“I am Proud to Live in ROMEOVILLE”
No Politics, Just Leadership
Let me hear you justify why McMichael chose to deny at least 2 chances to debate. You talk as if he's going to do 'great' things for Romeoville, yet he doesn't have the courage to talk about it publicly against his opponent. If he's so opposed to the job Noak has done, and truly believes he can do better...then his a$$ should have taken his confidence and got up there and debated. End of story. The fact that he didn't is enough reason for EVERY Romeoville resident to NOT vote for him.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5 Apr 4, 2013
rick buscemi wrote:
Every time a Mongo fan goes on here they inflat everything one of their own has said prior. Does this make them desperate , yes it does....they can't speak facts so the only thing they have left are lies. That is what we ( Romeoville ) gets if Mongo gets elected.....lies and followers who are less likely to be good for Romeoville either.
Lies:
4k jobs created
Budget surplus(show it to us today)
Event and Athletic Center,$20mil down the drain
New Quarry
$20 slap in the face "rebate"

True:
An active, aggressive partnership with the banks and lending institutions to slow foreclosures and stymie short sales
An agreement with any new business to employed qualified village residents first.
Committed to historic Route 66 redevelopment. His first priority will be a grocery store because that's what residents want.
No Quarry Expansion!
I can go on and on...
Girl From the Ville

Plainfield, IL

#6 Apr 4, 2013
Yeah, loved that rebate. I give the village a pile of money, they waste most of it and give me back $20 OF MY MONEY and I'm supposed to be happy? What a crock.
resident

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Apr 4, 2013
you people have no clue. and mrs sargent..maybe you should take better notes at the meetings
keepnoak

Romeoville, IL

#8 Apr 4, 2013
Before you make statemennts like that educate yorselves wwhy we have a fulltime mayor.get the minutes from thhat boardmeeting and you know the reasons.unless mr cmiichael thinks two boardmeetings a montj is all it takes..our mayor works 24/7 but how would you know that if you only pop up 2 month before elections..same shit..same people different election...mc michaels campaign spreads lies..thats it.
keepnoak

Romeoville, IL

#9 Apr 4, 2013
Girl From the Ville wrote:
Yeah, loved that rebate. I give the village a pile of money, they waste most of it and give me back $20 OF MY MONEY and I'm supposed to be happy? What a crock.
your remarks just show me how uneducated and not involved in the village you are.
voteapril

Romeoville, IL

#10 Apr 4, 2013
No responses needed..just more reason to reelect our current mayor
voteapril

Romeoville, IL

#11 Apr 4, 2013
Congratulations to our new police officer
rick buscemi

Cicero, IL

#12 Apr 4, 2013
Mongo fans have no clue. The only thing here that is important is your candidate Steve McMichael says a lot of things are wrong to media not to current Mayor or People of Romeoville in a debate. If all his said was the wrong things that this administration has done in the past and asked them for explanation in the debate.....I'd find some hope that he had at some interest in the people of Romeoville. But he wouldn't stand up for what he believes in and that people of Romeoville shows you how he'll stand up for us in the next 4 years....he will just stand back and say nothing . Oh maybe to media he'll speak but not to who it needs to be told "face to face" . I don't want that quality in my Mayor . Vote Noak for a better Romeoville !
Caroline

Katowice, Poland

#13 Apr 4, 2013
I can offer you a part-time job for $20-25 per hour. Online by Skype. Will be paid on a daily basis. If interested, please mail to: adm24.vacancy@gmail.com
News Flash

Bolingbrook, IL

#14 Apr 4, 2013
We've heard these types of promises before from politicians like Mongo. Promises.. Promises.. the fact is they never follow through.

Also as was already pointed out on topix. The office of Mayor can NOT be changed during an officials term. Therefore no matter who gets elected it will be full time no matter what. It is Illinois Law!

And it became a full time position under Dewald not Noak. It switched to that back in 2005 people. This issue has already been decided eight years ago. Try and catch up.

As for Mongo.. well you get what you pay for with him. Heck I wouldn't want him even if he paid us.
Loserpatrol

Romeoville, IL

#15 Apr 6, 2013
News Flash wrote:
We've heard these types of promises before from politicians like Mongo. Promises.. Promises.. the fact is they never follow through.
Also as was already pointed out on topix. The office of Mayor can NOT be changed during an officials term. Therefore no matter who gets elected it will be full time no matter what. It is Illinois Law!
And it became a full time position under Dewald not Noak. It switched to that back in 2005 people. This issue has already been decided eight years ago. Try and catch up.
As for Mongo.. well you get what you pay for with him. Heck I wouldn't want him even if he paid us.
Let's just say if that is the case and no new ordinance can be introduced or existing change (I would argue this) then maybe he can escrow half of his salary and then donated it to our recreation department (for example) or any other(always ignored by Noak) department.
rick buscemi

Chicago, IL

#16 Apr 6, 2013
If you think that McMichael would give anything back ( like salary ) to Romeoville , you drank too much "cool aid " ! He is in this for his ego trip and in that trip is money ! You don't think his backers know every way of getting money by using his celebrity status ( Mongo comment not mine ). This will be a gold mine for him if elected and we the people of Romeoville will just be part of the sideshow ! If you want to be laughed at for being a citizen of Romeoville over the next 4 years....vote Mongo ( that's if he still resides here... heard he moved ). If on the other hand you want to be able to freely admit to people , you live in Romeoville.....then vote for John Noak....the Mayor of Romeoville !!!!
Reality of life

Bolingbrook, IL

#17 Apr 9, 2013
rick buscemi wrote:
If you think that McMichael would give anything back ( like salary ) to Romeoville , you drank too much "cool aid " ! He is in this for his ego trip and in that trip is money ! You don't think his backers know every way of getting money by using his celebrity status ( Mongo comment not mine ). This will be a gold mine for him if elected and we the people of Romeoville will just be part of the sideshow ! If you want to be laughed at for being a citizen of Romeoville over the next 4 years....vote Mongo ( that's if he still resides here... heard he moved ). If on the other hand you want to be able to freely admit to people , you live in Romeoville.....then vote for John Noak....the Mayor of Romeoville !!!!
We need a full time mayor to WORK full time and not ride around taking pictures of people! Someone who works normal hours at his office and keeps the door open and not hide behind his desk on social media. Oh yea, I gotta go to my job now where I work regular hours.
rick buscemi

Tinley Park, IL

#18 Apr 9, 2013
Reality of life wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a full time mayor to WORK full time and not ride around taking pictures of people! Someone who works normal hours at his office and keeps the door open and not hide behind his desk on social media. Oh yea, I gotta go to my job now where I work regular hours.
Your point exactly.....you do a job ( most people not just you ) that has has normal time frame, physical office or actual work space , maybe your job dependent on someone else or visa versa..... Public service like a Mayor doesn't follow a time clock , doesn't just work in the office , meetings not on job site , works at home ( even after a full day ). Being a Mayor or in general a public service position is not structured as a 40 hr job . Most management people in private sector are in same situation. Just because the Mayor isn't in the office for you to see for 40 hrs a week , you say it's not a full time position ! This world isn't run on a 40hr work week.....maybe your world but not mine or the vast number of people in the public and private management fields.
LakewoodGuy

Aurora, IL

#19 Apr 9, 2013
What Mongo didn't understand was that he came into this election already losing. Most people in Romeoville think Noak has done an ok to excellent job thus far. The only loud ones are those that have their own special self interest that is not being attended to.

So what Steve needed to do was come in and articulately lay out how Romeoville could be doing much better. He needed to make a case as to why Noak wasn't good enough. He did none of that. He avoided debates where he could have challenge Noak's ideas head on. His only promises were generalities about schools and taxes and making Romeoville more well known.

His critical mistake was in figuring he could walk into town with his '85 championship ring and impress all the yokels in Romeoville enough to get their vote. Might have worked against the previous mayor, but not this one.

Look, I'm not even a big Noak guy. I've never met the man. All I know is that 99% of the news that comes out of Romeoville is good. Businesses are being built, projects are being done. The village is moving forward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comey in Hot Water LOL 44 min Patrick Starfish 3
You are a Tax Donkey 46 min Tax Jackass 5
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 3 hr Princess Hey 1,032
Lockport returns to glory days! 5 hr Lockport Opinion 14
breaking news!!!!! (Jul '17) 8 hr Sharky 1,060
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 9 hr right around the ... 11,016
Starbux 12 hr M14-Rifle 16

Joliet Jobs

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages