advise on selling house

advise on selling house

Posted in the Joliet Forum

seller

Whitewater, WI

#1 Dec 28, 2013
Im being transferred out of town and need to sell my home in the Lincoln-Way area. Who is the best realtor and what is the going commission rate?

Joliet, IL

#3 Dec 28, 2013
seller wrote:
Im being transferred out of town and need to sell my home in the Lincoln-Way area. Who is the best realtor and what is the going commission rate?
We went thru Cris Realty in New Lenox , our realtor was Gary Durish , he did a great job, can't remember his commission rate.
The Original Dollar Bill

New Lenox, IL

#4 Dec 28, 2013
I recommend Chis Realty. No one knows the area better than Rick.
Lesson learned

New Lenox, IL

#5 Dec 28, 2013
We thought we were going to have to put up our house last year due to my husband's health issues. I called a Century 21 Pride (Bob Kroll) and Cris Realty (Lori Burton). Bob walked thru our house, told us all the positives and what we needed to do to help sell our house). Lori walked thru our house, sat at our dining room table, handed over a packet and suggested we put it up for a ridiculously low price. She didn't care about any updates, any major renovations, it was all about the square footage and low price. My husband knew more about what other houses sold on the area and what they looked like than her.
Non thanks for the low ball quick sale pricing strategy Lori
My advice: Use Redfin.com . Or trulia.com . Both of those websites have plenty of pics, comps of what other homes sold in your area, what's for sale and for how long, etc...Do your own research first
Best advice

Mokena, IL

#6 Dec 28, 2013
Skipper Denton is the best realtor in the area...hands down! We used her years back to sell and buy our current home. Extremely professional and works hard to get your home sold for the right price:)
Good Bye Illinois

Woodstock, GA

#7 Dec 28, 2013
We also had Century 21 and Cris Realty come through. Cris Realty wanted us to list our house at a ridiculously low price and lover it $10k each month. In a couple months we would be listing for less than we purchased it. We obviously didn't go with them. We did decide to go with Century 21 Pride. We were not happy at all. My husband even told our realtor he needed to put the Pride back in Century 21. When 3 month contract was over we listed with Coldwell Banker (Lee Hanson). Very happy and sold our house at a 5% commission. Good luck to you.
Bunch of bags

New Lenox, IL

#9 Dec 28, 2013
I suggest you purchase a dictionary. ADVICE NOT advise. smh. Typical uneducated New Lenox resident......Idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unfortunately this is getting old and weird 16 min MyPantiesMatchMyBra 3
Democrats should push for presidential candidat... 27 min MyPantiesMatchMyBra 59
You are boring 1 hr Thomas Robert 7
Proud of Mayor Streit (Jun '16) 1 hr Lago Vista 122
Yup Yup Yup 2 hr Really 10
Trump's Inaugural Address 2 hr Really 18
LW elections 11 hr pig kim 28

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages