New Lenox Park District Needs...

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joan Jett

Hazel Crest, IL

#1 May 16, 2013
...a fitness center and a water park. Many of residents are going to our neighboring towns to get these amenities. Many of my neighbors are spending 400 plus dollars to join Orland Park or Tinley Park Water Parks. It would also create jobs for our citizens. We are spending 10000 for a part-time employee to travel from Texas to New Lenox each week. WTH is wrong with this town.
overtaxed

Mokena, IL

#2 May 16, 2013
If they can do it without raising my exorbitant taxes then I'm all for it. If not, forget about it. Years ago the Park Dist tried to pass a referendum for a new Rec Center and the New Lenox voters said NO.
Moodkiller

New Lenox, IL

#3 May 16, 2013
The NL park board has been a disgrace for decades.
kazual neighbor 72

Arlington Heights, IL

#4 May 16, 2013
Who are they paying to travel to Texas weekly?
Shadow

New Lenox, IL

#5 May 16, 2013
A baseball league We were very unsatisfied with the rebels It would be nice for kids to be able to play in a more relaxed setting A pool/water park and controlled ice skating rink would be fun.
Moodkiller

New Lenox, IL

#6 May 16, 2013
Who is going to pay for it? We're still paying for the golf course.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#7 May 16, 2013
Some neighborhoods have a nice little "splash station" you can play in, but it might look weird if there are kids there.
Village Hall

New Lenox, IL

#8 May 17, 2013
Mayor Smith and board chose to use developer fees "back then" to build the Taj Mahal, aka our Village Hall. How many people work in there on a given day? 10??? It would even outshine things in Springfield. What a waste.

How many would use a water park...thousands?? Plus, people would shop here, buy gas here, eat at restaurantes.

Way to plan ahead Village Board. But hey, those 1,000 dollar leather chairs are sooooooo worth it!
The Original Dollar Bill

New Lenox, IL

#9 May 17, 2013
Village Hall wrote:
Mayor Smith and board chose to use developer fees "back then" to build the Taj Mahal, aka our Village Hall. How many people work in there on a given day? 10??? It would even outshine things in Springfield. What a waste.

How many would use a water park...thousands?? Plus, people would shop here, buy gas here, eat at restaurantes.

Way to plan ahead Village Board. But hey, those 1,000 dollar leather chairs are sooooooo worth it!
Park board and Village board are seperate agency's and taxing bodies.
The village hall cost or funding has nothing to do with park or pool facilities.
Loser

Romeoville, IL

#10 May 17, 2013
This town blows. It's run by a bunch of retards. From parks to schools to business. It's a joke. Don't forget about the awesome sewage plant. And the creek that overflows when it rains. How come Tim baldermann doesn't "present" the sewage plant. He presents everything else. Total douche bag.
Moodkiller

New Lenox, IL

#11 May 17, 2013
Isn't there a water park in Joliet called Splash Station? How many people go there? None! What makes you think people here are gonna be any different?

follow up

New Lenox, IL

#12 May 17, 2013
The Original Dollar Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Park board and Village board are seperate agency's and taxing bodies.
The village hall cost or funding has nothing to do with park or pool facilities.
I follow you to a point. Who decides where the developer's fees go? MUST they go to a public building? Could they not go to a public pool? Why MUST a pool fall under a park district? Money was coming into the village from families buying homes. You are telling me there was no way to capture fees, etc. from those home sale which could go towards something that would benefit these same families? Something is way off if this is the case.
What

Frankfort, IL

#13 May 17, 2013
Shadow wrote:
A baseball league We were very unsatisfied with the rebels It would be nice for kids to be able to play in a more relaxed setting A pool/water park and controlled ice skating rink would be fun.
What
sixx

Lemont, IL

#14 May 19, 2013
The Park District and the village are not the same thing.
JUDY GRASK

Arlington Heights, IL

#15 May 20, 2013
OUR PARK DISTRICT AND THE POARK BUILDING IS THE PITTS. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A BIG NEW PARK CENTER WITH A POOL, ICE RINK, TENNIS COURTS, INDOOR, AND WORK OUT ROOM. MOST OF THE SURROUNDING TOWNS OR VILLAGES HAVE THEM. OUR TAXES ARE VEY HIGH HERE AND ALSO THE WATER BILLS. THEY ARE PUTTING 10 MILLNION INTO A NEW POLICE STATION AND THAT IS WAY TOO MUCH MONEY AND SHOUDL PUT SOME OF IT INTO A NEW PARK DISTRICT.
Not Paying For It

Mokena, IL

#16 May 20, 2013
JUDY GRASK wrote:
OUR PARK DISTRICT AND THE POARK BUILDING IS THE PITTS. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A BIG NEW PARK CENTER WITH A POOL, ICE RINK, TENNIS COURTS, INDOOR, AND WORK OUT ROOM. MOST OF THE SURROUNDING TOWNS OR VILLAGES HAVE THEM. OUR TAXES ARE VEY HIGH HERE AND ALSO THE WATER BILLS. THEY ARE PUTTING 10 MILLNION INTO A NEW POLICE STATION AND THAT IS WAY TOO MUCH MONEY AND SHOUDL PUT SOME OF IT INTO A NEW PARK DISTRICT.
Community waterparks and pools are a financial drain on the taxpayers. They are NOT profitable and a liability. Lincolnway Central and West have pools, workout rooms and tennis courts. Go use those. If you want an outdoor pool buy one yourself like many of us in New Lenox have done.
The Original Dollar Bill

Buffalo Grove, IL

#17 May 20, 2013
follow up wrote:
<quoted text>I follow you to a point. Who decides where the developer's fees go? MUST they go to a public building? Could they not go to a public pool? Why MUST a pool fall under a park district? Money was coming into the village from families buying homes. You are telling me there was no way to capture fees, etc. from those home sale which could go towards something that would benefit these same families? Something is way off if this is the case.
At the time the Village Bosrd decided to use developers fees to help finance a Village Hall. At one time ML was on track to be as large as Naperville by 2025. The Board planned accordingly.
Yes we have plenty of room but, we are built at 2000 cost not 2013.
The Original Dollar Bill

Buffalo Grove, IL

#18 May 20, 2013
Loser wrote:
This town blows. It's run by a bunch of retards. From parks to schools to business. It's a joke. Don't forget about the awesome sewage plant. And the creek that overflows when it rains. How come Tim baldermann doesn't "present" the sewage plant. He presents everything else. Total douche bag.
MOVE....
Loser

Romeoville, IL

#19 May 20, 2013
The Original Dollar Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
MOVE....
Maybe if you cheap ass hillbillies MOVE then I could stay put. People around here think the pit stop and Walmart are the best places to hang out. Douche.
Carrie

New Lenox, IL

#20 May 21, 2013
I would love to see a large "main park" with a playground, tennis courts, a nice gazebo and patio area for picnics or even something that could be rented to host an outdoor wedding, skating rink, and shaded walking paths. Oh, and a sledding hill with a concession stand to sell hot chocolate and spiced cider! I could go on, but I think the village is more concerned with commercial development.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baldermann should not take a salary 26 min Appalled 41
bernie sanders 2016!!! 37 min Sharky 63
Bones? 3 hr Forum reader 9
News City administrator aims to put TIF issue to rest 4 hr FedUP 2
Review: Leisure Hours Hobbies (Apr '09) 4 hr lYNARD S 5
Clinton Cash 10 hr Patriot 103
Study: Every Republican Obamacare Prediction Wa... 10 hr Patriot 46
More from around the web

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE