Proposed tax on violent video games

Proposed tax on violent video games

Posted in the Joliet Forum

big brother

New Lenox, IL

#1 Jan 19, 2013
It has been suggested by some that an extra tax be added onto the sale of violent video games. I have a better idea, start taxing the manufacturers of these games along with Hollywood filmmakers, actors and studios who produce violent movies and television shows. Let them take some of the heat for the violence in this country instead of blaming it on the weapons used. They all make way too much money anyway, let them start paying off some of the debt.
big guy

Frankfort, IL

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Well, that's just stupid.
Professor

United States

#3 Jan 20, 2013
How about quit blaming movies, games, guns, clips, bullets, NRA, music, etc, etc, etc? Whats wrong with placing blame with the actual problem? The mentally disturbed individuals How about being honest about self defence? Obama, politicians, sports figures, athletes, movie stars, etc, etc, have ARMED bodyguards and security Why? Because guns in the hands of good guys is your best defence againt bad guys! Every American is entitled to self defence as stated in the bill of rights, and protect their lives, family, and property! Remember the gun grabbers could care less about how many people are killed and murdered by guns. The agenda is not about saving lives, but about getting us to a total confisgation of guns and the elimination of the 2nd ammendment. One step at a time!
Dr Spock

Mokena, IL

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Professor wrote:
How about quit blaming movies, games, guns, clips, bullets, NRA, music, etc, etc, etc? Whats wrong with placing blame with the actual problem? The mentally disturbed individuals How about being honest about self defence? Obama, politicians, sports figures, athletes, movie stars, etc, etc, have ARMED bodyguards and security Why? Because guns in the hands of good guys is your best defence againt bad guys! Every American is entitled to self defence as stated in the bill of rights, and protect their lives, family, and property! Remember the gun grabbers could care less about how many people are killed and murdered by guns. The agenda is not about saving lives, but about getting us to a total confisgation of guns and the elimination of the 2nd ammendment. One step at a time!
You are dead on correct professor. Everything government implements is for two reasons

1) Tax you

2 ) Take your rights away.

The democrats hates the constitution.
joe cheezeburger

Halifax, Canada

#5 Jan 22, 2013
Dr Spock wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dead on correct professor. Everything government implements is for two reasons
1) Tax you
2 ) Take your rights away.
The democrats hates the constitution.
Just saying, you don't need guns I really don't see the point in them and the bill says the state has the right to arm you not the people. I don't understand how you confuse the two.
Rolling

Oak Lawn, IL

#6 Jan 22, 2013
joe cheezeburger wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saying, you don't need guns I really don't see the point in them and the bill says the state has the right to arm you not the people. I don't understand how you confuse the two.
Joe, just cause you don't like guns doesn't mean millions in this country don't. You have a liberalism mentality and democrats think this way. Can't change the constitution but dems are the ones that that think they can. Remember Joe. Liberals have mental issues.
Dr Spock

Mokena, IL

#7 Jan 22, 2013
joe cheezeburger wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saying, you don't need guns really don't see the point in them and the bill says the state has the right to arm you not the people. I don't understand how you confuse the two.
Are you alright? Do you live in the United States? People don't dictate what anyone's needs are here.We have a constitution governing us and granting us individual rights. I suggest picking one up and educating yourself.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8 Jan 22, 2013
big brother wrote:
It has been suggested by some that an extra tax be added onto the sale of violent video games. I have a better idea, start taxing the manufacturers of these games along with Hollywood filmmakers, actors and studios who produce violent movies and television shows. Let them take some of the heat for the violence in this country instead of blaming it on the weapons used. They all make way too much money anyway, let them start paying off some of the debt.
Uh, or, and I know maybe this is a tough concept for you, maybe you could take responsibility for yourself and your kids and raise your own family your own way, and let other do the same. Or are you yet another sheep that needs to be told by your government how to live every aspect of your life?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Law and Order 1 hr M-14 Rifle 14
The Truth about what welfare is costing taxpaye... 1 hr M-14 Rifle 2
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 3 hr Anxious 10,622
Burger King: Lockport review (Jul '15) 3 hr Cheeseburger para... 31
Local Politics Do you approve of Ray Soliman as Mayor? (Jan '15) 7 hr Happy Charlie 52
Neighborhood family puts on 1 1/2 hr fireworks... 7 hr Lockport blows 23
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 8 hr Wordsmith 4,523

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages