corwin's pharmacy
Just wondering

Lockport, IL

#21 Dec 8, 2012
I talked to a cashier last Sunday. Jewel Osco is taking over all of Corwin's pharmacy work beginning yesterday. The only one getting a golden ticket is the owner.
Facts Please

Westmont, IL

#22 Dec 9, 2012
Hardliner wrote:
In this weeks Lockport Reporter the Corwins owner said he along with his entire staff will now be working at Jewel/Osco. Sounds to me like Osco bought his book of business and he comes along as part of the deal.
You should try reading some facts once in a while, and step away from blow hard's paradise for once. Here is what happened egghead... Wally lost his business due to a cheating wife. The damn sluht cheated on him, and then she sued him for everything in a divorce. Then Wally had to close down the deal and Jewel bought his merchandise. This is a sad day in town. I'll bet a loser like you was shopping at the CVS and Corporate Greed Stores! YOU LOSER.
BARRY GOLDWATER

Lockport, IL

#23 Dec 9, 2012
I wonder how much the Script business was worth to Osco? Sounds like he tried to get most employees a shot with Osco. Good luck to all. Independent drug stores have been fighting uphill for decades...Wally made it longer than most.
nan

Lockport, IL

#24 Dec 9, 2012
There's a big sign in front saying they're not closing?
EmmanuelGoldstei n

Lockport, IL

#25 Dec 9, 2012
Wow, such angst all the time on this board complete with personal attacks. How is someone a loser if the don't have the facts ? Crystal Ball?How in the f*ck are we supposed to know about Wally's private life? Sure enough there is a sign outside of Corwins that says they are not closing or moving. Also, there was an article in the Legend that said the place was closing and Jewel bought the pharmacy business So, what are us losers to think? Please enlighten us oh great ones that have literally nothing better to do but hang out on the Topix boards
Tisch is liberal

Naperville, IL

#26 Dec 9, 2012
a big sign out front outside of Corwins says
"Corwins pharmacy is not moving or closing"

when I asked the cashier what changed the owner's mond she said " I think he doesn't want all the employees to quit"

sounds like the owner is a lying scumbag like Trout
Just Wondering

Lockport, IL

#27 Dec 9, 2012
I bet Pete C made that sign. Just like when he would create the pamphlets touting the need for a new school. He lied to all of the tax payers about how much it cost, and where the borders would be. What does he care what happens to Lockport? He lives in Lemont.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#28 Dec 9, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
I bet Pete C made that sign. Just like when he would create the pamphlets touting the need for a new school. He lied to all of the tax payers about how much it cost, and where the borders would be. What does he care what happens to Lockport? He lives in Lemont.
I hear Fentess lived in Central Illinoi when he was voting for a $192,000.00 no bid contract for Robinson Engineering. "What did he care what happened in Lockport"? All the "Slimys" wanted was his vote. Ethics and the spirit of the law be damned! He would still be on the council voting if he didn't get caught. This is how Turner, Kelley,Van dyke, and Marynowski run city government. Their motto is never let the truth get in the way of good opportunity to lie.
Just Wondering

Lockport, IL

#29 Dec 10, 2012
Good email Lockport Local, but you left Pete C. off of your list of slime-balls. No slime-ball list can be complete without Pete C's name. He's the rotten cherry on the spoiled sundae!
wee wee

Willowbrook, IL

#30 Dec 10, 2012
you people in Lockport are trash.

Wait I'm so sorry I didn't mean to offend TRASH...
Just Wondering

Lockport, IL

#31 Dec 11, 2012
"you people in Lockport are trash.

Wait I'm so sorry I didn't mean to offend TRASH... "

No capitals where they belong, but capitals where they don't, and a hate of Lockport.....

Pete Camelaready, is that you?!
the faker

Lockport, IL

#32 Dec 11, 2012
is that you kelly goatface is using another name and calling the people trash.
Lockport resident

Plainfield, IL

#33 Dec 11, 2012
I just read the owner of the store was arrested by the FBI. He was taken away in handcuffs for filling fraudulent prescriptions. Guess that's why they were closing, he must've known it was coming,
Rumors are flying

Glendale Heights, IL

#35 Dec 11, 2012
Wally did not get arrested, and the federal raid came up empty. Corwins is staying open, and we can trust in this honest business. No reason for alarm at all. Nothing else to discuss here.
The faker

Lockport, IL

#36 Dec 11, 2012
The same lying idiot that tried to make us believe there was nothing happening with Justin either. He keeps all his snooping to himself and thinks he can lie his way out of everything. Nothing here...you got to be kidding, faker. Hang with crooks because you are one!!!
Homer Glen

Romeoville, IL

#37 Dec 11, 2012
living in lockport wrote:
I just heard tonight that the owner of Corwin's Pharmacy is closing his store in 2 weeks. If this is true it's because he over extended himself with all of the improvements on the store.
Why were the Feds taking him away in cuffs?
Right on bro

Glendale Heights, IL

#39 Dec 11, 2012
Enough is enough wrote:
I think that whatever is going on with Wally is HIS own personal business and no one else's so stop talking about his private life. If you like his business great keep showing him the suPport he needs if not go somewhere else and shut up about it, no one wants to know your opinions and ignorant comments about small businesses. Hopefully for Wally's sake and the sake of all of his employees they will not close some of the people that work there have been there for many years and their lives rely on that job. I am sure that none of them would like to see the doors close on something that has been part of their lives for so long. Good luck corwins pharmacy and hope things are going to be okay
Right on! Thanks you for your consideration and this great post! Its the losers like Darren Deskin who turn this site into a site to bolster a political career that is more dead than disco. He is a low life crap talking little twirp who turns every issue into something else. Watch... now I will be called Kelly Turner, and he will call the city council the slime five. Fact of the matter is how you said it. Darren will be on here blaming all of this on Turner.
no one is above the law

Lockport, IL

#40 Dec 11, 2012
NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW! IT IS NOT HIS PERSONAL BUSINESS, IT IS THE COMMUNITY'S BUSINESS IF HE WAS TAKEN AWAY IN CUFFS. IF THE FBI TOOK HIM AWAY IN CUFFS, HE DID SOMETHING VERY WRONG. HE AFFECTED HIS EMPLOYEES, THE COMMUNITY THAT DEALT WITH HIM, AND ALL THE PEOPLE THAT PROBABLY PAID FOR LEGITIMATE CARE AND GOT LESS. THE FACEBOOK PAGE HAS A LOT ON THIS AND A STORY IN THE NEWSPAPER. THIS IS NOT PERSONAL BUSINESS. IT IS A BUSINESS IN LOCKPORT GONE BAD!IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DARREN DESKIN. SO WE KNOW WHO IS WRITING THIS. HE TRIED TO TWIST THE JUSTIN STORY TOO. READ THIS STORY ON FACEBOOK. IT SAYS HE WAS SELLING FALSE PRESCRIPTIONS. THAT IS SERIOUS STUFF AND THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION DOES NOT TAKE THINGS LIKE THAT LITELY. HE MIGHT, THE HEADMASTER, YES, IT IS HIM AS HE GAVE IT AWAY TALKING ABOUT DARREN. REMEMBER JUSTIN'S STORY, IT WAS NOT SERIOUS EITHER EVEN THOUGH THE NEIGHBORS SAW IT ALL WHEN HE WAS RUNNING AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND CAN ATTEST TO IT. THERE WAS A VERY LARGE REPORT ON HIM BUT OF COURSE IT WAS HELD IN PRIVATE...NOT YOUR BUSINESS. THAT IS LAUGHABLE, PUT THEMSELVES ABOVE THE LAW. WELL, THIS IS A BUSINESS PERSON AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME AND SHAME ON HIM IF IT IS TRUE AND SHAME ON THE WRITER OF THE ABOVE POST IF IT IS TRUE. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW, BRO, NOT EVEN YOU! NOW, YOU CAN QUIT PEAKING OUT YOUR WINDOWS AS YOU HAVE FRIENDS IN ARE FACING SOME VERY SERIOUS CHARGES BY THE FBI THAT CANNOT BE THROWN TO THE WIND, AS YOU HAVE TRIED TO DO. WE SHALL SEE HOW MANY THINGS STICK. DARREN WILL WIN AND YOUR OLD FRIEND WILL LOSE. YOU CAN QUIT TRYING TO WRECK PEOPLE'S REPUTATION AND SHIELDING THE WRONG PEOPLE, INCLUDING YOURSELF. BYE!!! HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!!! AND THIS SAGA WILL BE ANSWERED AS THAT SORT OF THING ALWAYS IS. IF IT IS TRUE, IT WILL BE THE FIRST TIME IN LOCKPORT'S HISTORY THAT A business man HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY IN HANDCUFFS. It is hopefully not true but all indications it is! BUT IT WON'T BE THE FIRST TIME, your lies have surfaced!!!! Bye!!!! In short, mind your own business, not the people's business that are affected. You need to sweep your own doorstep first! There is a lot of dirt on it! The people that work there should have been considered by their boss. It is apparent he was not thinking of them at all. How embarrassing for this town! The only one not embarrassed is our lofty alderman with the big mouth! Try to twist everything but we know your patterns...you used the same ones on all of your posts. You would never make a detective even though you snoop 24/7. Bye!
The crook

Lockport, IL

#41 Dec 11, 2012
Rumors are flying wrote:
Wally did not get arrested, and the federal raid came up empty. Corwins is staying open, and we can trust in this honest business. No reason for alarm at all. Nothing else to discuss here.
Just like the DUI case, the Justin case, and now the Corwen Case. Nothing to discuss. Read the Herald and the secrecy continues in Lockport and in the paper FOR NOW! This is a classic case of twisting the truth and trying so hard to deflect what is going on! You say he did not get arrested. You say there is nothing there. We will see IF YOU ARE TELLING THE TRUTH! IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF YOU ARE TWISTING OR TELLING THE TRUTH. IT WILL COME OUT ON THIS ONE. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CONTROL YOU HAVE AT THE CITY ON THIS ONE. IT IS IN THE HANDS OF THE FBI. YOU DO NOT CONTROL THEM. TOO BAD, HUH. THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT.
Three ring circus

Lockport, IL

#42 Dec 11, 2012
Lockport resident wrote:
I just read the owner of the store was arrested by the FBI. He was taken away in handcuffs for filling fraudulent prescriptions. Guess that's why they were closing, he must've known it was coming,
Is this true? Did you read it in Facebook? It is being talked about all over town. I went to McDon. Restaurant and a couple of people were talking about it. They were saying how odd it is that Wal had a piece in the Legend saying the staff was going to Osco and so was he and then there is a sign saying he is not. What is going on? Sounds like a three ring circus? Then a friend of mine had a script there and waited all day as the feds were in there for nine hours or so. It does not sound good! She said she is going to Osco from now on. She does not like the mystery of this business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberal Logic 21 min Professor 48
A question for members of the tea party.... 48 min Survey Says 4
Conect the Dots 1 hr Jeff 11
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 2 hr Stay the course 9,937
Baby Part Trafficing 10 hr 4Real 233
The top ten reasons FOR single payer..... 10 hr Boo Hoo 57
NEWCOMERS, PLEASE read this important info FIRST! (Feb '15) 11 hr Liberty 165
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages