United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I just heard tonight that the owner of Corwin's Pharmacy is closing his store in 2 weeks. If this is true it's because he over extended himself with all of the improvements on the store.
big d 3

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

living in lockport wrote:
I just heard tonight that the owner of Corwin's Pharmacy is closing his store in 2 weeks. If this is true it's because he over extended himself with all of the improvements on the store.
I heard this as well from one of the employees who is losing their job. Its a shame and yet another empty store front in lockport ! Oh well maybe we can get another dicount store . 5 below to compete with biglots !
BARRY GOLDWATER

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Maybe he has sold the improved business for good profit. Big lots will not make it. Their business plan and inventory choices are too mixed. Certain retailers reach for high end when they should focus on lower income. Middle income and higher are not going to buy Furniture and wall hangings from Big Lots. You will need many lower income shoppers from Joliet to make Big Lots work.
Osco participant

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

BARRY GOLDWATER wrote:
Maybe he has sold the improved business for good profit. Big lots will not make it. Their business plan and inventory choices are too mixed. Certain retailers reach for high end when they should focus on lower income. Middle income and higher are not going to buy Furniture and wall hangings from Big Lots. You will need many lower income shoppers from Joliet to make Big Lots work.
I don't care as I go to Osco. I never liked the atmosphere there. It is a personal choice. They all have the same thing.
Barry Goldwater

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

What this town needs is a gas station to the south. Private owned pharmacy is over. Thank the big corporations
Hardliner

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Barry Goldwater wrote:
What this town needs is a gas station to the south. Private owned pharmacy is over. Thank the big corporations
What this town needs is an enema.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
What this town needs is an enema.
How about starting with Turner and who ever he supports. What sort of purging would be the best?
random

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Barry Goldwater wrote:
It's not "big corporations" fault - its the consumers fault - we all have the choice as to where to pick up pharmacy items and most consumers went to the big box stores for the convenience of getting other shopping done at the same place.

If this thread is "true" - it is sad to see Corwins go.
liberal reality

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

random wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "big corporations" fault - its the consumers fault - we all have the choice as to where to pick up pharmacy items and most consumers went to the big box stores for the convenience of getting other shopping done at the same place.
If this thread is "true" - it is sad to see Corwins go.
Wrong you conservative sleezeball.

You can get one blown right up your rear end. You are spreading rumors Wally is getting a divorce and he is on hard times.

You just create lies. Big lies. Big corps negotiate unfair prices on supplies that little guys can't get. That is why. You lie. YOU RAT!!!!
The slimy four

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

liberal reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get one blown right up your rear end. You are spreading rumors Wally is getting a divorce and he is on hard times.
You just create lies. Big lies. Big corps negotiate unfair prices on supplies that little guys can't get. That is why. You lie. YOU RAT!!!!
how many divorces is that? He has grown kids. Must be his second....he is personality minus! I believe that post where most people go to the big box stores and I do also. This guy is a rat and most likely the friend of wally and don. What a pair! I do not care that they go! I wish they would take the poster with them. My family just got back from walmart and it is one stop shopping and the prices are right. They said it is so packed that parking is limited. You can't beat that!!!!
random

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

liberal reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing what this big a-hole thinks.

All I pointed out were market trends of consumers - they shop big box stores out of convenience and price. I have no idea who "Wally" is, nor do I care. I have personally seen what the 'walmarts' do to a small community, but as long as consumers continue to support these stores they will always be around. Just out of curiosity, how many of you shopped a small business in town on Small Business Saturday?

Now go fk yourself scumbag liberal the curse of this country.
XYZ

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Well, that explains it. I went in there yesterday to buy some cold meds and the pharmacy shelves were next to bare -- only one pack of cold tablets left. Was wondering to myself this is a pharmacy, right? And, I did got there to support local small business, but ended up leaving without medicine and going to CVS.
really

Willowbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

he didn't build that..
Just wondering

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Something is going on for sure. How come Porter Plaza remodels and as soon as they are done, he closes the doors after years of being in business. Same thing with Corwins. Guys been open for years, remodels and is gone. He lasted longer than the Porter plaza guy, but still. Where did the money to remodel come from?
Out Out

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

These businesses are closing because Kelly Turner and his allies have halted new home building, removed the incentive we were offering to families who moved here and have shut out businesses who want to bring their investment dollars here.

No customers = no business
retard

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Out Out wrote:
These businesses are closing because Kelly Turner and his allies have halted new home building, removed the incentive we were offering to families who moved here and have shut out businesses who want to bring their investment dollars here.
No customers = no business
are u small minded or just a tard? when wal-mart comes in the community! guess what? small buisness dead! new building homes?
Just wondering

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Now that Porters is closed and Corwins on the way.... Where am I going to get my overpriced knick knacks?
lockport

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

your right on on that one! when wal-mart comes into a town good night to ma and pops.
Hardliner

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

In this weeks Lockport Reporter the Corwins owner said he along with his entire staff will now be working at Jewel/Osco. Sounds to me like Osco bought his book of business and he comes along as part of the deal.
lockport

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Hardliner wrote:
In this weeks Lockport Reporter the Corwins owner said he along with his entire staff will now be working at Jewel/Osco. Sounds to me like Osco bought his book of business and he comes along as part of the deal.
sounds like mr potter bought out mr gawer. the george bailey's in lockport are dead

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 43 min VA HOPE 6,476
Hallmark store in Jewel Plaza 45 min hammerheader 1
Manhattan Property Taxes 1 hr champagne Jane 34
hot sheet 1 hr Beyonce's Weave 2
Reagan insider: 'GOP destroyed U.S. economy' 2 hr Appalled 38
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 hr Call Sperm 2014 49,274
Two Illinois Coal Power Plants Going Offline Thu CC Ryder 4

Search the Joliet Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Will County was issued at August 22 at 8:12PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••